[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

longevity/immortality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 6

After my coming of age travel and experiences I have decided that awake existence is the highest and most joyful state of all that is and isn't.
Hence I vowed myself to self preservation and care of other's bodies. So far only in the conventional ways and the very little I learned from my tribulations.
Would you like to share knowledge on paranormal ways to pursue longevity/immortality/undeath?
>>
immortality isn't beautiful, its filled with never ending cycles of pain, watching everything around you inevitably fade away and die, life time after lifetime, you can be tortured unyieldingly for eternity, you would witness the rise and fall of civilizations and the destruction they all leave in their wake, you would bear whiteness to an eternity of war
and thats just scraping the surface
>>
>>18916362
Eating cum comes to mind
>>
>>18916362
The ego cannot obtain immortality, other than that you're already immortal so

/thread
>>
>>18916394
Been there and other places, heard this mantra repeated by hundreds of men afraid of living.
I do not subscribe to this thinking.
>>
>>18916405
if you come to live more than a life time you will soon learn this way of thinking, once you've had to say goodbye to multiple generations of loved ones it will change you.
there is a reason humans are not ment to be eternal, and the is the preciousness in each moment when life is sort
>>
>>18916429
Why are you afraid of living anon?
The life and death of others are part of your existence, and so they are celebration.
One does not need to be old to experience the death of others. I've seen old ones and younger ones go. I've said goodbye to people that weren't dying but I left them behind to continue living.
I do not long for what makes up life, I yearn for more life. Every single day is a blessing.
>>
>>18916444
Why are you afraid of death?

Death is natural, immortality is not.

The wheel must spin
>>
>>18916444
Not wanting to live LITERALLY FOREVER=/=being afraid of living
>>
>>18916444
this >>18916465
i too have seen the passing of many friends and family members, some having more timely deaths than others.although i am joyed to have shared my life with them, the compounding of too many losses will slowly takes its toll.
maybe if every death was perfectly natural things might be different, but life isnt perfect, and i am quite content knowing my time here is limited, i don't wish to see countless friends commit suicide, i don't want to watch countless family members health deteriorate, i do not wish to watch everything i have ever loved rot away.
death is a blessing
>>
>>18916465
>>18916468
>>18916487
Do you all have a deathwish?
Are you sure your contempt with your own mortality isn't stockholm syndrome?
Have your parents never told you the tale of prometheus? Do you not want to come as close as possible to godhood?
>>
>>18916496
>Do you all have a deathwish?
no? do you have a wish to see every living thing die? every light in the universe extinguished?
Are you sure your contempt with your own mortality isn't stockholm syndrome?
positive, not being scared of death doesn't mean i wont fight it, it just means that i accept my short lifetime and make the most of what i have, knowing that i will not have eternity to enjoy it.
what do you think immortality will bring your life that you are currently lacking?
>Have your parents never told you the tale of prometheus? Do you not want to come as close as possible to godhood?
nope and nope what fun is life if you just overcome all your problems with divine intervention. there is a reason the gods are not around anymore, and that is because the mortals overpowered them
>>
Existence is a social construct.

Wake up.
>>
>>18916496
I don't have contempt with mortality. Contempt for morality would mean we wanted to live forever. Learn some English. Yes I want to come as close as possible to godhood. But Gods are non-corporeal entities, so living forever in the flesh is much further from godhood than than you seem to think.
>>
if you see life as entertainment and not some kind of edificating meaningful journey, immortality is fantastic. the earth and its history is infinitely interesting, i would die for being unkillable.

eventually i'd want to die though, i don't want to exist in an earthless universe just floating through space in eternal nothingness.
>>
>>18916405
>>18916444
>plebs that have never played Planescape Torment
>>
File: imdages.jpg (49KB, 690x1035px) Image search: [Google]
imdages.jpg
49KB, 690x1035px
>>18916530
You say you have overpowered gods, but yet the chain of mortality remains tied to your ankle.
I just find it odd. It seems just natural to me that one would like to live forever.
Depressed people that yearn for sleep and death aside of course.
I'll leave then, you people are weird. >>18916557
What difference really? Most seek to transcend physical existence because they can't persist that way.
But if I can, I don't see how less enlightening flesh is than other spheres of existences.
This is my realm, where I was born after all. I cherish it with all I have. Only after I've seel all of it thrice, maybe I'd like to pass on to the next one.
>>
>>18916581
ITT unenlightened hard headed OP argues with everyone who disagrees and says they are wrong.
*sigh*
>>
>>18916362
An indication of the failure to evolve is the example of the man entirely senility who becomes more and more turned in, until he is only concerned with the comfort of his body., his mind living increasingly on a diet of stale memories until he is barely conscious of anything other than his imaginings,

Beyond that, there is only the falling back into the unconsciousness called death.

That which can be taken away is not you, that which cannot be taken away is you.

All men's actions, selfish actions are motivated basically by three desires, the desire for happiness, for knowledge for immortality. Sometimes the connection is obvious sometimes not so east to see, especially when they appear as their reverse, in minds that are perverted to the negative.

Pure bliss is the self realization the equilibrium beyond creation, attained through self realization.

Life cannot die, if it could, it would not be life
>>
>if you come to live more than a life time you will soon learn this way of thinking
how the fuck do you know this then faggot.
>>
immortality is fucking cool and can't nobody tell me otherwise
>>
>>18916362
Your search for immortality, is a shadow of pure bliss, pure knowledge and pure consciousness . The desire for happiness knowledge and immortality for "me" will lead you to excessive behavior which will bring you unhappiness ignorance and death.
>>
>>18916362
The ancient humans are courted so they live among us and share their technologies.

I tend to think reality happened like this: Humans got eternal life technology. This happened thousands of years ago. They use machines to control, flex, their muscles to plan what is happening. They plan because they know if all humans live then the humans who get eternal life technology live. Many humans were dying while the humans who get eternal life were trying to plan how to force all humans live, and many humans ARE dying while the humans ARE trying to plan how to force all humans live.
>>
>>18916673
stop talking like you're buddha, fag

no one cares about your esoteric airbrush lsd dreams
>>
>>18916705
The Op asked a question, I responded.

>no one cares about your esoteric airbrush lsd dreams

No one here was talking about Lsd.
>>
>>18916704
67:3.5.Upon the outbreak of rebellion, loyal cherubim and seraphim, with the aid of three faithful midwayers, assumed the custody of the tree of life and permitted only the forty loyalists of the staff and their associated modified mortals to partake of the fruit and leaves of this energy plant. There were fifty-six of these modified Andonite associates of the staff, sixteen of the Andonite attendants of the disloyal staff refusing to go into rebellion with their masters.
>>
>>18916704
Why do you show up in any thread where someone posts some coherent response?
>>
>>18916704
6. The Tree of Life
73:6.1.In the center of the Garden temple Van planted the long-guarded tree of life, whose leaves were for the "healing of the nations," and whose fruit had so long sustained him on earth. Van well knew that Adam and Eve would also be dependent on this gift of Edentia for their life maintenance after they once appeared on Urantia in material form.
73:6.2.The Material Sons on the system capitals do not require the tree of life for sustenance. Only in the planetary repersonalization are they dependent on this adjunct to physical immortality.
73:6.3.The "tree of the knowledge of good and evil" may be a figure of speech, a symbolic designation covering a multitude of human experiences, but the "tree of life" was not a myth; it was real and for a long time was present on Urantia. When the Most Highs of Edentia approved the commission of Caligastia as Planetary Prince of Urantia and those of the one hundred Jerusem citizens as his administrative staff, they sent to the planet, by the Melchizedeks, a shrub of Edentia, and this plant grew to be the tree of life on Urantia. This form of nonintelligent life is native to the constellation headquarters spheres, being also found on the headquarters worlds of the local and superuniverses as well as on the Havona spheres, but not on the system capitals.
>>
>>18916723
73:6.4.This superplant stored up certain space-energies which were antidotal to the age-producing elements of animal existence. The fruit of the tree of life was like a superchemical storage battery, mysteriously releasing the life-extension force of the universe when eaten. This form of sustenance was wholly useless to the ordinary evolutionary beings on Urantia, but specifically it was serviceable to the one hundred materialized members of Caligastia's staff and to the one hundred modified Andonites who had contributed of their life plasm to the Prince's staff, and who, in return, were made possessors of that complement of life which made it possible for them to utilize the fruit of the tree of life for an indefinite extension of their otherwise mortal existence.
73:6.5.During the days of the Prince's rule the tree was growing from the earth in the central and circular courtyard of the Father's temple. Upon the outbreak of the rebellion it was regrown from the central core by Van and his associates in their temporary camp. This Edentia shrub was subsequently taken to their highland retreat, where it served both Van and Amadon for more than one hundred and fifty thousand years.
73:6.6.When Van and his associates made ready the Garden for Adam and Eve, they transplanted the Edentia tree to the Garden of Eden, where, once again, it grew in a central, circular courtyard of another temple to the Father. And Adam and Eve periodically partook of its fruit for the maintenance of their dual form of physical life.
>>
>>18916729
73:6.7.When the plans of the Material Son went astray, Adam and his family were not permitted to carry the core of the tree away from the Garden. When the Nodites invaded Eden, they were told that they would become as "gods if they partook of the fruit of the tree." Much to their surprise they found it unguarded. They ate freely of the fruit for years, but it did nothing for them; they were all material mortals of the realm; they lacked that endowment which acted as a complement to the fruit of the tree. They became enraged at their inability to benefit from the tree of life, and in connection with one of their internal wars, the temple and the tree were both destroyed by fire; only the stone wall stood until the Garden was subsequently submerged. This was the second temple of the Father to perish.
73:6.8.And now must all flesh on Urantia take the natural course of life and death. Adam, Eve, their children, and their children's children, together with their associates, all perished in the course of time, thus becoming subject to the ascension scheme of the local universe wherein mansion world resurrection follows material death.
>>
>>18916731
retards like you ruin /x/
>>
>>18916732
Yeah and they are posting this bullshit in other threads. Not even giving us the greentext version, the selfish fuck
>>
>>18916623
Anytime something like this is said:

>>18916623
>>18916673

The thread gets bombed by things like this:
>>18916704
>>18916705
>>18916719
>>18916723
>>18916729
>>18916731

What posts make more sense?
>>
>>18916623
Lets get further into this. To really get their juices flowing
>>
>>18916740
nice one, keep jerking the people who don't like immortality based on some stupid ass pagan conception of life off. it'll do ya wonders bud.

i'll gladly watch you die after i upload my consciousness into a robot.
>>
I still say cum eating is absolutely necessary
>>
>>18916747
>stupid ass pagan conception of life off. it'll do ya wonders bud

What? This is not a pagan concept. Are you autistic.

>i'll gladly watch you die after i upload my consciousness into a robot.

You want me to get started on consciousness?I will show you how futile your endevour to upload your so called "consciousness" into some machine.
>>
>>18916496
Not a death wish per say, as in being alive is really neat, and dying would make a bunch of people I love sad. But being alive is tiring, and I imagine death is kinda like a deep, eternal sleep. And that doesn't sound so bad.

Everything dies, people, planets, galaxies. Life is chaos, everything ends so something else can begin.

That being said, the idea of life extention or uploading my mind is one of the things I hope to be able to see in my lifetime.
>>
>>18916362
Have you seen The Fountain? Immortality is not what you think it is. You idea of immortality is crafted by time. Even the universe will not last forever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phX4z1uY55U
>>
>>18916394
What a very negative point of view.
>>
>>18916761
you keep talking about immortality and romanticizing life so much and because of that you think immortality would be terrible.

i don't know what you're on but infinite life means infinite fun to me.
>>
>>18916762
>Not a death wish per say, as in being alive is really neat, and dying would make a bunch of people I love sad. But being alive is tiring, and I imagine death is kinda like a deep, eternal sleep. And that doesn't sound so bad.

You don't die, your ego dissolves, that's why this guys is so upset >>18916747 he is highly invested in keeping his ego alive, not realising his ego and his consciousness are two completely different things.

>That being said, the idea of life extention or uploading my mind is one of the things I hope to be able to see in my lifetime.

Don't do that anon, don't think like that.
>>
>>18916761
So you want to be a real life Cyberman? Do you even Dr. Who?
>>
>>18916771
>you keep talking about immortality and romanticizing life so much and because of that you think immortality would be terrible.

You're already immortal. You're already on an infinite loop of fun, what do you think this is anon? You're trying to hold onto your ego. But it doesn't exist.

When you die, its gone. No more
>>
>>18916782
you keep drifting back into that stupid fucking argument that life is already infinite. what are you fucking hindu

of course i want to hold on to my current self, i am my current self and i like being me. at least let me try immortality out and if it eventually becomes bad i can just destroy myself and be done with it.
>>
>>18916777
Why not? If like you say, when you die your ego dissolves why not make a copy of the ego? Science is getting closer and closer and we haven't broken moors law yet.

A virtual world, where you are in control. You would be what most men call a God. You don't think that physics and occultism can walk hand in hand? Some physicists think all of reality is just a hologram. And if this is just a hologram... What's outside the hologram?
>>
>>18916789
>you keep drifting back into that stupid fucking argument that life is already infinite.

That's because it is. Its very simple.

>what are you fucking hindu

I don't prescribe to any religion.

>of course i want to hold on to my current self, i am my current self and i like being me.

That's your ego again, your consciousness uses your "ego" to create a dualistic environment to play in. Which is what you're doing right now.

>try immortality out and if it eventually becomes bad i can just destroy myself and be done with it.

Its been done before. That's why we're here.
>>
>>18916797
this guy gets it
>>
>>18916789
>let me try immortality out and if it eventually becomes bad i can just destroy myself and be done with it.
Nigga do you even fucking know what immortality means?
>>
>>18916808
>its been done before
only immortal thing i know of is that jellyfish that busts a nut in your face if you bother it. according to your fuck ass beliefs our "consciousness" is some magic being that never ends on some reincarnation bullshit, but that's BORING.

imagine how much knowledge you can accumulate over time (actual knowledge, not your esoteric understanding of life)
>>
>>18916797
It's called social networks, they are ego replicators.

You simply feed it all your thoughts, search all your desires, identify all your friends
>>
>>18916815
i'm talking about uploading my domepiece into a computer. as far as i know i can eventually destroy myself.

if you got a problem nigga pull the fuck up
>>
>>18916797
>A virtual world, where you are in control. You would be what most men call a God. You don't think that physics and occultism can walk hand in hand? Some physicists think all of reality is just a hologram. And if this is just a hologram... What's outside the hologram?

Anon, this is already possible, right now. People have disconnected themselves from "God" and the dream states. But I am not here to convert you to any way of thinking, I was only responding to Op, and giving him my opinion based on my experiences.

Its fun to imagine sometimes. I get what you're doing, but anon, its already happening.
>>
it annoys me when dudes act like they can talk about immortality like they experienced it. shut the fuck up, you're not divine you're just meat.

god not real cuh
>>
>>18916838
There is only the divine.
>>
>>18916851
whatever you say buddie
>>
>>18916855
You as well, have fun
>>
>>18916862
You too, you enormous flaming faggot who knows fuckall about fuckall. Have fun sucking dicks.
>>
>>18916832
You don't think you couldn't still do that? If it's a copy of your ego couldn't it do what the copy of the ego currently stored in the gigantic bio computer in your head.

And I'm open to all sorts of things anon, I would actually be intrested on hearing more about what you are saying. 'Convert' me if you will.
>>
File: OP = FAG.jpg (91KB, 720x505px) Image search: [Google]
OP = FAG.jpg
91KB, 720x505px
>>18916362
>>
File: Untitle2d.png (719KB, 790x699px) Image search: [Google]
Untitle2d.png
719KB, 790x699px
>>18916362
i am on the same journey, study neuroscience and nanotechnology. need break throughs in each to acheive it.

honestly, if we could just build nanobots that we could control and put in the body, we could image the brain and learn what each neuron does. once we have this information, immortality is just around the corner.

we can use that information to build artificial neurons that can live outside of the body and transfer our consciousness to them so we never die.

at the very least, we could create new types of A.I. from what we learned about the brain so that the A.i. can help us with our quest.
>>
>>18916902
I'd prefer not to respond in this thread anymore, for.. obvious reasons. But I'm sure you will find what you're looking for.
>>
>>18916770
what do you think things are just going to be peachy forever because you can't die?
it is our limited time that allows us to find beauty in any moment. if you had eternity you would fast run out of things to enjoy, and fast become reluctant to ever form a meaningful bond with anything as it would inevitably die, after a few hundred years of loosing friends family and lovers you'd find your self pretty emotionally destroyed
>>
>>18916921
>if you had eternity you would fast run out of things to enjoy
underestimating how bizarre and fantastic existence is
>>
if your argument against immortality is "but ur freennzzzz gon die and ur familiy!" you're emotionally immature. people will die already in your limited life and you have to deal with it. no difference.
>>
>>18916362
Are bees a symbol for immortality?
>>
File: IMG_0670.jpg (78KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0670.jpg
78KB, 900x900px
>mfw plebs think oblivion is better than endless life
>mfw they don't know about quantum immortality
You normies should learn to appreciate being immortal cause your consciousness is bound to this universe and each time there is a chance of you dying the universe will split on two and you'll end up in the one where you survive, so from the viewpoint of each individual conscious being they are going to live forever.
>>
>>18916362
There's the scientology and futurist means, where you pay this company to preserve you body and keep you frozen like a lollipop until the day comes where man and machine will merge and become like "gods" fusing your mind with the internet which will be known as the singularity and basically become immortal. Ray Kurzweil claims this will happen by the year 2045.
ORRR, you believe Jesus is Lord and repent from your sins and you'll have everlasting life alongside our Creator and be a son of God, with abilities that will far exceed whatever machine and man can create.
>>
>>18918568
nope, only splits when you fuck with major events, when you create a divergence if the flow of the universe, i doubt the death of some chumps meat sack is enough to change the overall flow. your soul is your connection the source energy/the origin of all energy in the universe.
>>
>>18916362
There's subliminals for this purpose. Google it.
>>
>>18916362
>Would you like to share knowledge on paranormal ways to pursue longevity/immortality/undeath?
>>18916398
>Eating cum comes to mind

spbp
>>
>>18916362
Non-sectarian path to immortality contained within this book - read, practice, repeat.
>>
>>18916362
Reverse-image-searching that pic just gets normal bee stuff, but I assume it is symbolism related to the Priory of Sion? The Bee is the most recognizable Merovingian icon, and the 'M' and crown further support a connection.
>>
>>18917116
no
>>18918975
if you know that you know why you should stop
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.