[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

does anyone else see a grid of shapes when they press their eyes?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: green grid.jpg (474KB, 1300x957px) Image search: [Google]
green grid.jpg
474KB, 1300x957px
I have had several people in my life (in Florida) attest to experiencing the same thing: a geometric grid of small green shapes (circles, triangles, squares) when one is pressing their eyes. I used to experience this as a young child in the bath, but I can still do it (albeit usually when pressing my eyes in a similar situation of bathing, or while drunk).

does anyone on /x/ know what I'm talking about?
>>
You need to push even harder if you want to see past the matrix
>>
Absolutely anon, I always wondered if there was anymore to this.
>>
When i did this, I saw symbols similar to the Mayan calendar, but much more older and ancient appearance-wise. Now whenever I close my eyes I can see it, it's different every time.
>>
>>18916237
I'm not too sure but these shapes could be "Phosphenes" which is a phenomenon characterized by the experience of seeing light without light actually entering the eye.
>>
>>18916237
This one time I pressed my eyes so hard I could see through the astral planes of spiritual realities wherein the elder gods reside. I have seen 5 dimensional creatures dance in circles surrounded by shapes of colors that don't exist in our world. I saw deep into the Mariana trench, far into the hidden caves of Antarctica and across the border of our flat hollow domed earth. I pressed my eyes so hard you wouldn't believe it.
>>
>>18916237
>>18916248

just wanna point out that my experience in /x/ is usually having my threads ignored; the fact that a single refresh and this has been replied to five times in 15 minutes means there is something very universal and real about this phenomenon

>>18916257
this might be strange but when I did DMT, I have images before my open-eyes that looked distinctly Mayan or Aztec (I'm not educated enough to know the difference in aesthetic). the closed-eye visuals were not like this though and were more taoist/buddhist in nature (yin-yangs and whatnot)

>>18916260
thank you for this info. I have experienced a glowing light behind closed eyes while trying to fall asleep in completely pitch-black rooms. I always wondered what the hell that is. Phosphenes. Now I know.
>>
holy shit this board is garbage
>>
Yes. Wanna know a neat trick? If you do it with cum in your eyes you can see the sperms wiggle like you're looking through a microscope. This is not a joke.
>>
I'm blind and if I push in my eyeballs hard enough I can almost see.
>>
>>18916237
Imo, that is neural structures related to long term exposure to lcd screens. Basically the more you look at the screen the more your mind adapts a grid network layer in your perception for easier processing of the screen. The only solution is to stop long term use of digital media. Stuff like this makes me wonder if its causing certain people to think the earth is flat. They build their neural networks based on 2dimensional binary data, and so end up seeing the world as if its only 2 dimensional.
>>
>>18916340
this was a phenomenon experienced well before my exposure to LCD screens, in the mid-1990s beginning. it is no more or less than it was as a child. not a bad theory, but not correct
>>
>>18916237
You're not special
>>
>>18916354
Any sort of screen should do it. I see other grids, but the one with straight parallel and vertical lines is 100% caused by electronic devices.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.