[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dreamachine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1492448523615.gif (2MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1492448523615.gif
2MB, 268x268px
A Dreamachine is "viewed" with the eyes closed: the pulsating light stimulates the optic nerve and thus alters the brain's electrical oscillations. Users experience increasingly bright, complex patterns of color behind their closed eyelids (a similar effect may be experienced as a car passenger; close your eyes as the car passes through flickering shadows cast by roadside trees). The patterns become shapes and symbols, swirling around, until the user feels surrounded by colors. It is claimed that by using a Dreamachine one may enter a hypnagogic state.[4] This experience may sometimes be quite intense, but to escape from it, one needs only to open one's eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIsp2NYBbEQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLfSlM82BS4

Do /x/ mind to share some experiences using this device?

Any tips to build one?
>>
>>18914694
plans are all over the internet, very easy to build and there was a small resurgence of interest in the device some time ago so you can even find premade "tubes" and even full devices if you look (better off building your own imo). you can even find dreamachine "simulators" online that provide a 8 - 13 Hz flicker (usually 10 Hz).
>>
This is a hoax. Those videos are made to trigger migraines, don't fall for it
>>
why not drop tryptamines instead doe
>>
>>18916578
If you're prone to migraines or an epileptic then of course don't do anything involving flickering lights. you're supposed to have your eyes closed, not staring directly into a strobe.
>>
There's a good android app called Mindroid that I've had some results with. If you buy one of those cheap VR headsets for phones, you've basically got a dream machine right there. It even has the ability to work in tandem with another sleep app called Sleep as Android, in case you want to record yourself if you're a sleep talker.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.