[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faith and hopelessness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

How can one grow faith in their hopelessness?

I've to realize that faith (be it in yourself or something/someone else) is what allows you to achieve everything in life. Magickal or mundane, you only achieve by believing.

But how do you believe when you've had your hopes utterly destroyed time and again? Things like NLP, visualization, self-hypnosis only achieve trickery and result in broken, frail results that fall apart soon after. They're not the results one gets from true faith.

How can one hope in a seemingly hopeless situation?
>>
>>18914335
Depends on what you want, sometimes hope it's something you have to be gifted with.
>>
File: TheDarkApoth2.jpg (366KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkApoth2.jpg
366KB, 1326x854px
>>18914335
>How can one grow faith in their hopelessness?

You want evidence of the gods? I have some... Unfortunately the monotheists have trashed the planet so much and are so invested in their serial killing and wars it's difficult to restore faith in most people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEwWlDBxQY
>>
come on man don't derail so you can pimp your videos. they're very thinly tangentialy related and do nothing but derail every thread. hate shitposting by delusion.
>>
File: TheImperialCult.png (1MB, 1033x652px) Image search: [Google]
TheImperialCult.png
1MB, 1033x652px
>>18914335
>How can one grow faith in their hopelessness?

Here, look, you can find small evidences of divine inspiration in some music which can help restore faith...

For example, the song "Sheep" by pink floyd - if you invert the word "dogs" into "gods" the song takes on a hidden meaning that Roger Waters probably didn't intend. This is some small evidence of divine inspiration which is evidence of the gods and soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA9sX1M9U7Q
>>
>>18914335
Put your faith in things that are real. Don't put it into nebulous fantasies. Work hard and you will get somewhere. The universe works on the basis that you get the rewards for the work you put into it. There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
>>
that is my point. there are things you work hard into and have faith results will come, so they do. but then there are things your belief was damaged at some point, so you can't believe. in those, even 20 years of daily work fail to produce susteinable results.
>>
>>18914335
I'm trying to lose weight, I been trying my best for years but I just gain about 20 pounds a year and now I am slightly obese. My genetics makes me bigger and plus I blame Mcdonalds to, they should pay us money for health like how tobacco companies have to pay for all people they made sick.
>>
>>18916305
You're straight up trapped in the matrix
>>
File: 1492111988353s.jpg (18KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492111988353s.jpg
18KB, 250x250px
>>18914335

By being irrational anon. Faith is irrational hope in the face of rational despair.
>>
>>18914365
>Unfortunately the monotheists have trashed the planet so much and are so invested in their serial killing and wars it's difficult to restore faith in most people.
What great monotheists ended the bronze age civilizations? You believe in foolish memes.
>>
>>18916333
You as well. You can't derive an ought from an is. Hopelessness can not be rational.
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>18914335
Topanga!
>>
realize that life is just a really fucking big RPG and, just like an RPG, the objective isn't just the XP you get at the end but how you interpret your role during the game.
>>
>>18914335
3:5.5.The uncertainties of life and the vicissitudes of existence do not in any manner contradict the concept of the universal sovereignty of God. All evolutionary creature life is beset by certain inevitabilities. Consider the following:
3:5.6.1. Is courage—strength of character—desirable? Then must man be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.
3:5.7.2. Is altruism—service of one's fellows—desirable? Then must life experience provide for encountering situations of social inequality.
3:5.8.3. Is hope—the grandeur of trust—desirable? Then human existence must constantly be confronted with insecurities and recurrent uncertainties.
3:5.9.4. Is faith—the supreme assertion of human thought—desirable? Then must the mind of man find itself in that troublesome predicament where it ever knows less than it can believe.
3:5.10.5. Is the love of truth and the willingness to go wherever it leads, desirable? Then must man grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.
>>
>>18914335
I also suffered from depression, almost 4 years even though I sought religion, then sex, then material goods and so on and came out empty every single time. But then Jesus came into my life and gave me a new start. I pray you give him a chance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8HTOXUe4y0
>>
File: TheDark6.jpg (385KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDark6.jpg
385KB, 1326x854px
>>18916333
>Faith is irrational hope in the face of rational despair.

Faith is not irrational hope - there's evidence for the soul and gods. Faith in Jewish "theology" is irrational hope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDzfrM_q3Mg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weCra4dGZRQ
>>
>>18914335
here is a faith / belief building exercise you can do right now. tell yourself out loud that you are going to get a glass of water. say it out loud three times. then get the glass of water.
repeat this all day.
what it does is tells your subconscious that your conscious is not lying all the time, that it can be trusted.
>>
>>18921347
Nice trick.

There's no hopeless situations, but you have to adapt yourself and your goals if you want to achieve something that seems beyond your reach.
>>
>>18914335
Let go. The world can be beautiful and life still has meaning even if you leave faith behind.

You don't have to believe to achieve. That premise is flawed. You don't have to have faith in a car to make it run, you just make sure it's designed, machined and fueled correctly and it'll run even if you have no faith in it.

I struggled with how to keep faith in concepts that didn't seem to make sense or work, and while I was repeatedly told that my crisis was because my faith wasn't strong enough, it eventually dawned on me that it's more likely that reality is not influenced by my beliefs in any direct way.
>>
>>18914335
Many people are religious. Many people were religious. They claimed humans can live eternal life. A realistic means of eternal life is by technology. This is to say, if the bible, mythologies, and paranormal are about anything...then they are about humans who accessed eternal life technology.

There is evidence that there are people living in technologically superior societies and humans at the surface of United States of America do not have the media presence, or time, to think a completely believable history/herstory.
A NASA scientist called to a radio show and claimed she saw pictures of humans at Marse. There are pictures of NASA employees looking at pictures of humans at Marse. There are pictures of creatures inside suits at Marse which was pictured by rovers. If there are advanced civilizations then many of them are not living among us because there are no, "peers" to be selected as jury members of a court trial. This is like how Americans going to third world nations have no peers since all the people around them are so much poorer.

What a quick and early opportunity to see if humans have eternal life technology would be to make a society of which more humans are, "bosses" so there are, "peers" of those who have technologies of eternal life. Since the military of United States has experienced warring peoples based on lies by leaders, Iraq during 2003 years for example...and they have thus proved dangerous to others so they must acknowledge that their best hope of redemption is to include as many people as possible so there are more checks on their future decisions. This means inclusion of millions of new members of congress of United States...to be paid for by subsidizing robots farming land...and to be overseen by a new military branch of which warrior speak commands, directives, and orders so robots of tamed.

Will this happen soon? I am working to make it happen. Please, tell to me what we can do.
>>
Listen to Your Wish is Your Command by Kevin Trudeau, it's on YouTube. It's not your average motivational shit like how the title may allude.
>>
>>18914335
You must realize that faith and hopelessness are two haves of the same whole. Both are nothing without the other. Faith does not drive you to achieve in life, conviction does. Conviction in the fact that one day you will die. You can achieve much with your life, either by helping or harming people, or you can kill yourself right now: either way when you pass you will know the truth. Whether it be and afterlife, reincarnation, or nothing but our rotting corpse becoming worm food the truth will be yours and yours alone to experience, if only for but a moment.

Faith is not believing. One can can believe without having faith in what they believe. Either through misinformation, dissolution, or an unknowing absolute conviction. I believe anti-bacterial soap kills 99.9% of germs on my hands, but i do not put faith in the validity of that statement. One could wash there hands 20 times a day and still get sick.

If you have never had true faith how can you know what it's results are like? How would you know what your looking? How would you know if you found it? I've never achieved true faith and anything to the best of my recollection, other then the fact that one day ill die. The the result of which i will learn at the time of my death.

One can have hope in a hopeless situation simply by realizing that there is no situation that is truly hopeless. You always hope to see the ordeal to its ultimate conclusion, hope that one day you'll get the answers you seek.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.