[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Skeptisism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 14325902870_3c3035b846_o.jpg (498KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
14325902870_3c3035b846_o.jpg
498KB, 2048x2048px
I come to you with a proposal.
I have grown tired of playing the human game, I've had enough of my menial job and and mediocre life.

If people here are so keen on finding proof of the paranormal i can stand as proof, if anyone is willing to gather a team of scientists, that they will be happy to accept information from, i will demonstrate to the greatest of my ability what i am capable of for them to scrutinize, i will undergo any testing, within reason.

i can only offer short videos on my energies effect on electronics that people just claim is faked anyway.

so is anyone going to take me up on this?
>>
>>18914115

Have you tried going into a coma and using the power to fuck up your life support. I feel like youd be keen to this idea.
>>
So why don't you just contact James Randi?
>>
>>18914132
for the simple fact i have no idea who that is.
>>
>>18914115
ok
>>
>>18914115
i advise you to go to your nearest university campus, walk in on some professor's office hours, and demonstrate your ability on the spot.
it will be much easier to get taken seriously in person after demonstration than on the internet.
moreover, it will be simple for them to set up testing with you on-hand, unlike those you might meet here who might have to travel hundreds of miles to meet you.

be warned though, there is a significant chance that the prof you talk to shows cynicism in place of skepticism.
if he gets all uptight and starts categorically rejecting evidence that he has personalty observed, don't get too upset.
instead, just walk out and try a different professor.
it is VERY unlikely that all the professors will be thusly unscientific.
your chances of success are much higher if you go to a research institute as compared with a simple 4 year collage.
the better the graduate program is, the better your chances.

note:
skepticism is the insistence on testing all claims before accepting their validity. it is the very essence of science
cynicism is the rejection of all claims that have not already been verified. it is anathema to scientific inquiry.
confusion between these two practices is a major, and longstanding, problem in the scientific community.

it should also be noted that if a thing CANT be tested, then you can never satisfy skepticism.
furthermore, a test that can only have results of "yes" or "inconclusive" is not an actual test.
if your powers are inconsistent, a huge number of trials, each of which reports "probably" or "probably not" can be statistical compiled into a single "yes"/"no" test.
if you need a statistical method, i recommend enough trials for at least a 99.5% confidence interval.
>>
>>18914115
OP, are you some kind of elemental benders? I've befriended a cloud-bender (yes, there's a few people who able to control clouds) and energy-bender, judging by your claim, you're an energy-bender
>>
>>18914115

Search James Randi on Wikipedia or Google. Also search the James Randi Educational Foundation. That should be a good start for you, OP.
>>
>>18914144
not him but the dude is basically a ''magician'', he knows all about cold reading, mentalism, and phony audiences entertaining gimmick

He's offering a prize of a million bucks to whoever that can replicate their ''supposedly' paranormal skills in a controlled environment

Alot of people have tried it, all of them have failed and humiliated themselves worldwide

Will you be the next one?
>>
>>18919550
this actually sounds like the best idea so far

>>18919556
>energy-bender
im actually a martial artist. basically just do what ever the fuck i want, there is not really limit on what i can do, past the amount of energy my body can generate. the easiest way for me to demonstrate anything is just to show people what happens broadcast signals when i focus this energy within myself

>>18919611
>a million bucks
>Will you be the next one?
i gave him a quick google, but i didn't find anything about offering a million dollars. i will definitely have to look into this
>>
>>18914115
Let me be the first to request a short video. GO!
>>
>>18920397
http://tinypic.com/r/2dbnq6d/9
>>
>>18920422
I feel scammed.
>>
>>18920434
how so?
>>
>>18920434
i odn't know what you expect, i mean this is reality not a movie or anime, just to do what i demonstrated in that video takes more energy than most people can burn in a day.
>>
Hey hey, can't you help me make some money?
Nor that I'm poor or anything, but I really need some cash right now

It's ok if you are just a normal guy thought, send me some money on paypal and I will acept you as my god, honestly.
>>
>>18920477
if i had money to give away, i wouldn't be here looking into ways of making money just by existing and or demonstrating what I'm capable of
>>
>>18920501
Can you list a bunch of things you can do? Like what exactly are your abilities?
>>
>>18920574
hard to list, as i said, i'm only limited by the amount of energy my body can produce.
but things i can currently do.
>focus/ increase the density of my energy within. thats what im doing in the video.
>project my essence(this is a hard one to explain, its not really like astral projection at all because i don't leave my body, its more or less an entanglement with another object where i can touch feel and interact without having to touch it or be in any sort of proximity to it) on that i am currently trying to produce a method for using this in a way akin to what one might cal telekinesis
>spiritual healing, i have actually learned the practice of reki and have saved a few animals with that
>precognition, this is one that i can not prove at all, but often i dream of events that will happen in the next few months(generally only in my life so it may very well be my mind just guessing whats going to happen)
>>
Engage: Roleplay formation

Setting: 90%
>>
>>18920620
fuck off cunt, this is not role play, what more do i have to do to prove this, do you want my fucking organs in a jar so that you can see exactly how my body works, why the fuck would i ask to be examined ans scrutinized if i am a role player.
your just a sad fuck who cant believe anything wiith more power than himself can exist
>>
>>18920641

Activate: Roleplay overdrive.

CAUTION: Teenage angst capacitor relay in danger of overheating!
>>
>>18920606
>hard to list
You're such a bad larper I'm not even gonna waste my time.
>>
>>18920606

>consciousness projection, I can make a stuffed animal move and do things for me, like spread its fur legs or beckon to me with a raising paw.

I can't believe you actually typed this.
>>
>>18920659
>>18920670
atleast some people in hear gave me a legitimate place to start so i can prove to people like you that i am not a role player.
i really don't care if people believe me or not, i just wish to make money from what i can do, so i can train harder and work less.

if you have nothing better to do than accuse me of role playing because you can't believe outside of your own narrow scope of reality, then please be my gust accuse me of what ever you please, saying it more doesn't make it true.
experience counts for more than belief, and your belief can't change my experience period. so have fun calling me a role player

>>18920680
except i didn't?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.