[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do parallel universes work, /x/? Is it possible to walk into

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

How do parallel universes work, /x/? Is it possible to walk into one unknowingly? How can you tell?
>>
>>18912207
Well the mungo jerry effect is caused by you unknowingly shifting into a parallel universe
>>
>>18912212
Holy shit Im in a parallel universe
>>
The many worlds interpretation of quantum physics and the quantum suicide thought experiment suggest that you do it all the time. You can tell you're doing it because things are happening that may have happened differently. Time is only an abstract concept and infinite causality exists.

You will probably get more Berenstainfags jabbering about their mandala theories though.
>>
>>18912207
Depends which theory you're going by, there's a few. Some are slight variations of each other, whereas others are radically different. Some theories suggest that it could be possible to move between them via wormholes, but that in itself is a whole other can of worms.
>>
File: hypercube.gif (318KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
hypercube.gif
318KB, 180x180px
>>18912207

How do you tell the difference between parallel realities, simulated sub-realities, and the difference between plane mis-remebering things and plain mis-remembering things?
>>
>>18912247
You don't.
>>
>>18912207
Well if they are truly parallel, you can't. Unless you go to one that intersects both.
>>
File: 1492540777617.gif (2MB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1492540777617.gif
2MB, 480x272px
>>18912224
>hurr durr humans have special agency outside of physics that's constantly shooting off new universes
Many worlds claims that universes split for QUANTUM outcomes. You deciding whether or not to fuck your sister does not have a quantum probability field to collapse.
>>
>>18912212
>mungo jerry effect
In the Summertime?
Is this a parallel universe evidence thing?
>>
>>18912579
Bullshit it doesn't
>>
>>18912224
It's Berensteinfag thank you very much.
>>
>>18912207
If there are parallel universes and not just one or a nested simulation deal then no, you can't "walk" into one. How would that make any sense? No amount of movement in one universe's dimensions would ever land you in a totally different universe.
>>
>>18912207
I believe that it is somehow possible to "jump" from one to another, and I also think it happens a lot more often than we think. It's just really hard to tell when it happens because the differences are minor.
I do think it has happened to me several times, I'll explain myself if you guys are interested in hearing about it. It's always the details that give it away, so keep an eye out for those.
>>
its 100% possible, and ive done it. i just dont know how i done it. i feel it. im not in in my ''home'' universe. call me ayy lmao but thats how i feel lately.
>>
>>18912207
Is that a trick question? Seems like it is.
>>
>>18912726
I'll bite.
>>
>>18912748

a few months back, did you experience a fast-moving visual distortion followed by an electrical-feeling jolt?
>>
I'm from another universe as well. I know this because I met the me from this universe.
We made love for hours and then I killed him and took his place in this universe.
>>
Usually by dying.
>>
>>18912726
storytime pls
>>
>>18912212
I thought it was called the mandlebrot effect
>>
Negative dimensions.
>>
>>18913367
I'd fuck my brains out if given the chance
>>
>>18913413
It's obviously called Mandalay effect.
>>
>>18912579

It does if this is all just a simulation in a quantum computer.
>>
>>18912579

I wish I was collapsing my sister's quantum probability field right now.
>>
>>18912207
parallel realities are all the same universe.
there is an dimension perpendicular to the 3+1 you are accustomed to dealing with.
along this additional direction the universe was originally invariant.
however, whenever a quantum state "collapses", it collapses differently at different points along the additional dimension.
over time, this results in cumulative divergence, yielding parallel "planes"(we still call them planes even thought they are 3+1 dimensional) of reality in which different events occurred.
the further you go, the further back the divergence point is likely to be.

there may be other universes also, but those are not parallel and probably have different laws of physics.
>>
>>18913266
>>18913399
Okay so I'll try to greentext this for you guys. Hopefully this works.

>last time it happened I was in school
>I sat at the very front of the classroom
>for some reason there were chairs in front of my desk
>it pissed me off
>I kick the chair closest to me and it flies into the wall
>chair hits the wall and leaves a decently sized hole behind
>ohfuck.jpg
>if the teacher notices she's gonna skin me alive
>I ignore the hole and hope that nobody notices
>a few days pass
>class is boring so I'm staring at the wall
>hole is gone

I asked a friend if somebody had repainted the wall or some shit, but the rest of the cracks were still there. Oddly enough, the friend can recall the hole as well.
There was some shit with cups and eggshells as well. But those stories are not as "exciting".
>>
>>18914103
>parallel realities are all the same universe.
That doesn't make any sense.
>there is an dimension perpendicular to the 3+1 you are accustomed to dealing with.
More like there are 7.
>along this additional direction the universe was originally invariant.
This statement is nonsensical.
>however, whenever a quantum state "collapses", it collapses differently at different points along the additional dimension.
this is also nonsensical.
>over time, this results in cumulative divergence, yielding parallel "planes"
what in the fuck are you even trying to say

This is the worst corruption of many-worlds outside of "free will splits universes!" I've ever seen
>>
>>18913367
>not letting your other self survive and switch places all the time to do cool shit
>not recording it to actually help scientists prove that universe jumping exists and you're not just another LARPer
>>
>>18914103
That doesn't make sense but I'll bite. Is it possible to go to a universe where past events are different?
>>
>>18912207
According to quantum physics all outcimes happen simultaneously. There for for every choice or random action an alternate reality is created with all differing outcomes possable. In essence every choice you make or action you take switches you into the universe you choose to be in.
>>
>>18915987
>every choice
HUMAN DECISIONS ARE NOT EVENTS ON A QUANTUM SCALE FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>18913335
No
>>
>>18916001
There are macroscopic events that react like they belong to the quantum scale, so my suggestion is to stop pretending we understand how quantum physics work, especially since scientists themselves don't.
>>
>>18916001
I beg to differ choices change brain activity at a quantom level therefor choices are made at a quantum level.
>>
I'm from a parallel uni where op is less of a faggot
>>
>>18916069
That universe has ceased to exist due to OP actually being a faggot.
>>
>>18916061
>Bullshit reasoning
>>
>>18916124
Same as the anon he was replying to.
>>
>>18913445
Nah, man, it's the Mandingo Effect.
>>
>>18915016
>Find shit in my pants
>There wasn't shit in my pants before
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH, MANGO EFFECT!
>>
>>18912207
We screwed with time. Now we are starting to see the consequences.
>>
>>18915879
>the joke
>your head
>>
>>18916167
Ah yes the classic "joke" which has been beaten to death and hasn't been funny for years.
>>
>>18916165
Ugh, let me guess, MUH CERN AND THEIR SATANIC LARGE HADRON COLLIDER.
>>
>>18916173
Man, who pissed in your cheerios? Lighten up, dude.
>>
You exist as you are in multiple dimensions within standard space-time as is.

Not really sure why anyone cares, but quantum and standard model are essentially two separate universes stone-etched within your existence.

Science has only just begun to bridge the gap, but the best explanation for the current quanta cross standard research would be considered 'unknowingly'

No one really understands the real reason for things like 'expansion of space-time' and quantum uncertainty, because the world refuses to embrace the reality that really exists, is more than just a superposition of infinite possibilities.

For you and I, this existence is finite.

For the atoms of you and I, this existence is finite.

For your self? Your consciousness?

Quanta

For everyone thought you run through your mind, you detract one from yourself.

When you sleep, these quantized finalities of space-time leak between universes, via a tunnel of tachyon behavior and neutrino exhaust.
>>
>>18916179
Fuck you buddy the joke was never funny and i'll get angry if I want to
>>
>>18916201
It's hazardous to your health to be this salty anon
>>
>>18916179
I just pointed out there was no "joke" in the first place. >>18916201 is not me btw.
>>
>>18916195
I will double down on my claim here with this.

expansion of space-time is the 'great filter'

A class of intelligence that can't be described as coming from 'beings' has decided to keep beings like us and others on other worlds, from destroying the limit between this universe and it's anti-quanta

This was accomplished by that intelligence by increasing the gap between inhabited worlds to levels beyond the reach of standard model physics.

They are creating space-time by performing a reaction in which energy to mass efficiency is beyond 100%

This ensures only beings that reach the ability to perform the alternate - mass to energy beyond 100% may delete the extra space-time between themselves and the creators of the expansion.

I know a few novel ways to attempt this, but they are beyond the engineering capacity of humanity today. Were the right idealist to come along and springboard the designs that I, and others like myself have developed... We can solve the problem tomorrow.

Thankfully, the effects of quanta-cross models have just been tapped by observing that matter superposition may affect quantum expectations. Why the plates move the atom?
Why the decay is not concise?

If we imagine the universe as a simulation any database engineer will ask the question: How can you store an index, for a world like this?

A good game designer will tell you, that this is possible temporally, in only storing save states at different super position moments.

A GREAT computer engineer will let you know that the universe's current super position may be it's index, and manipulating the current standard state of the universe, is to literally interact with the index and change the universe at both ends of the scale.

Ever see someone hack super mario world with just the controller and clever button combinations? It's possible. If you understand the save states, and the super position* of the memory registers.

We will have to hack* the universe

It is not rocket surgery
>>
>>18916223

One idea involves an infinite tachyon state.

In the assumption that tachyons exist 100% and are super imposed over the entire universe.

Light's destination point is pre-determined, before the light reaches that point.

Pre-destination theory.

If this is true, what occurs with light and space-time, is that a photon exists registered ONLY at it's source point and destination point, but instantaneously as the frame buffer of the universe is concerned.

The 'light wave' is an interpolation by the universe of the photon being stretch infinitely across the tachyon plane, that our universe is backdropped on.

If the photon is stopped before the destination point, the time estimate for location is determined by the mass-movement estimate on the tachyon plane and a relative position along this stretched waveform is plucked.

The speed faster than light can't be stored by our universe, and the photon can not exist in a single planck instant at both ends.

The tachyon stretch guesstimate is how it is stored as a floating integer, in essence. Until pulled back into our universe before a relative planck tick occurs.
>>
>>18916244

A way to test this would involve the ability to do the 'double slit' experiment in a perfect circle.

Attemptable in a vacuum in space, using a magnetic float shaped like a quarter in a pipe.

The quarter will float as the circle, the pipe, the limiting slit.

Logic tells you that a laser shot at the quarter can never go out the other side of the pipe.

Science tells us that gravity distorts space time such that light must go around it.

(gravity affects the backdrop brane of infinite tachyon)

So if we can boost the quarter's gravity to maximum, by increasing it's mass or density infinitely, while shooting a single photon stream laser, dead center, we may observe a single dot photon at it's pre-destination point on the other end, with no light interference.

Creating the accretion on the quarter is the hard part.

Some designs utilizing carbon nanotubing and graphene, may be possible.

Along with super conductivity and/or super insulative properties of the material.
>>
>>18916254
Proving that, it may be possible to transmit information faster than light, if we can understand the algorithm determining the predestination point.

Right now, quantum particle physics is trying to understand this with mathematical probabilities and guesstimates.

I can guess all day at someone's SHA-256 Bitcoin private key, but unless I am infinitely lucky, I will never solve that equation, even if I have thousands of other public key/private key combinations to test with.

Applying probabilities to solve quantum positioning is using water to plug holes in a sinking ship.

This is not the appropriate approach.

A macro-scale understanding of the universe must be obtained, to iron the details of quanta.

Standard model is incomplete.

Science is currently trying to complete quanta first.

That, is impossible. I will throw a Billy Mays guarantee on that.
>>
>>18916267
My own suggestion is to focus on exceeding energy and mass conversion efficiency beyond 100% using only standard model science.

Most physicists immediately scoff at this because established 'laws' say this is impossible.

Well, in the words of NWA

Fuck the Police

Fuck the law

I and many other garage scientists are starting to wonder if it's possible ANYWAY.

Einstein died with unfinished work.

Laws are meant to be broken.

If we ever expect to exceed a Class 1 or 2 civilization, the existing laws of physics may be one of these yet to be broken laws.
>>
>>18912207
Where I am from, this thread is about odd shaped pancakes.
>>
>>18916124
Insults provide no argument against my reasoning.
>>
>>18912207
I need to find out how to shift into a reality where I'm with the woman that I'm into and we are happily married.
>>
>>18912207
>Bermuda triangle and the gobi desert are dead memes
>>
>>18916015
>There are macroscopic events that react like they belong to the quantum scale
No. No there aren't.

>>18916061
>I beg to differ choices change brain activity at a quantom level therefor choices are made at a quantum level.
First of all, no, choices don't change the brain at the quantum level, that's ass-backwards. Second, the brain states the correspond with a "decision" to take a course of action are very explicitly on a macroscopic scale. No neuroscientist is going to agree with the assertion that events on the quantum scale have an impact on the VASTLY larger mechanisms by which the brain operates.

>>18916195
>>18916223
>>18916244
>>18916254
>>18916267
>>18916274
This is some of the dumbest shit I've ever read, and the confidence with which you spout such nonsense (in some cases literal nonsense like "infinite tachyon state") makes me believe you may have some kind of mental illness.
>>
>>18919195
>No. No there aren't.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macroscopic_quantum_phenomena
>>
>>18916527

That reality doesn't exist.
>>
File: theclassicsnevergooutofstyle.jpg (90KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
theclassicsnevergooutofstyle.jpg
90KB, 1440x1080px
>>18919204
>superfluidity
>superconductivity
Those have nothing to do with collapsing probability fields or superpositions you fucking ponce.
>>
>>18912207
You have to have 2 thoughts at the same time.

They have to be two different thoughts about different things. And they have to be noticeably different.

The vast majority of people have thoughts, although they can be different from one another, they happen nanoseconds apart.

What you are trying to do is have twp completely different thoughts happening in the same moment.
>>
>>18912207
Being so out of place, would be apparent. To you as well. Pretty rapidly.
>>
>>18912207
>How do parallel universes work, /x/?
no human being will ever really be able to understand because it involves infinite dimensions
>Is it possible to walk into one unknowingly?
maybe
>How can you tell?
you can't cause your memory alters with it.
>>
>>18916061
you are mixing up cause and effect. but yeah, every reaction on a macroscopic level start with an action on the quantum scale.
>>
>>18915209

think of moving between parallel realities as moving "sideways" in time instead of forward and back. the future and the past are not other universes, they're part of this universe. similarly an alternate timeline isn't a different universe, it's a different "place" in this universe that's shifted along the probability axis, just like shifting in space or in time.

i think anon is trying to differentiate between the "many worlds" kind of alternate universe and the "tiny singularity that was our big bang and formed the universe has happened before and will happen again and lots of other universes are budding all over the place like yeast" kind of alternate universe. which is good, because they're not the same thing, and a lot of fuckwits watch a half hour special with that japanese physicist guy who talks about all this shit and come away with a totally fucked up mishmash of ideas about what any of it means.
>>
File: Oh sonny.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
Oh sonny.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>18916164
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.