[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: 46548901368923.jpg (14KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
46548901368923.jpg
14KB, 620x413px
My best friend and boyfriend both happen to suffer from frequent sleep paralysis. They tell me stories all the time of what it's like. Sometimes they see dark figures. Sometimes those figures have identities of a real human, sometimes not. Sometimes they speak or touch them. This phenomena fascinates me. Here's one experience I've had.

>wake up one morning to boyfriend frantically browsing facebook
>his ex girlfriend from high school has been murdered
>tells me it was the guy she had left him for, gives me a name
>a few days later his friend calls, "They found out who killed her," gives name bf had told me prior
>boyfriend of course knew the whole time who had killed her
>apparently it had been a mystery to the cops and her family, there had been an investigation, etc.
>he hesitantly tells me that his ex had visited him in a sleep paralysis episode the night of and told him the whole story... the knowledge had just sort of blended into his daily life and he hadn't realized that no one else knew

My best friend refused to sleep over at my house after a sleep paralysis episode in which a "sad, scary old man" visited her. She had never seen him before and hasn't seen him since.

Any stories, anyone??
>>
Never really understood how it was /x/ until recently. Usually, the worst bit for me is just hearing strange noises and not being able to check it out. Kind of a HNNNG and gasping for breathe while I panic, but not because of any sort of shadow boogy man. The other night, though, I was more in the sleep than waking, and I hear mandolin music coming from the television, which is turned on to white noise at the foot of my bed, I see. When I am fully awake, and transitioned, TV is off and music is gone. Definitely got ghost vibes then. Sedative drug makes it occur more frequently, but I think it has a dulling effect on my dreams, so maybe that is why it is mostly a physical effect for me, except for auditory halucinations
>>
>>18909717
I kind of enjoy it, feels like I'm tripping. It's fun to get lost
>>
>>18909717
I got a few. Um, where to start. For the most part I tend to just see shadowy movement at the corners of my eyes with an over whelming sense of paranoia. The kind of feeling you have as a child when you're too scared to turn around. What's interesting about it is that i'm pretty sure that it's "fake" and my brain kind of uses it as an excuse for why I can't move, when the real reason is my body is in that sleep mode. I think this because when I do finally break out of it, I can tell the difference. In retrospect I wasn't actually paranoid, the narrative of the (hallucination) dream is just TELLING me I am. You know?
>>
>>18909717
>frantically browsing facebook

Stopped reading there.
This is not normal like eating food or breathing air.
Seek help. I'm sure you do it too.
>>
>>18910350
One time, I could swear this female friend I have was standing by my dresser. Now, at the time I was sharing a room with two brothers and I had a matt on the floor in place of a bed, and she is pretty damn tall. So, though I remember being able to see her whole body leaning against the dresser and smiling at me in a just noticed me there "Oh hey whatsup" kind of way, there was no way I could actually see up that high. And they call it sleep paralysis for a reason. It was another moment that only worked because I was dreaming, and the "narrative" simply told me I wasnt questioning it. I think most posts and stories about SP are bullshit for that reason. They never have that element of dream logic to it that mine always seem to. Anyway, I heard rummaging behind me and could swear I felt the pressure of someone getting onto the mat. The top of my best friends head came into view above me, as if he was leaning over me and looking down. He said "Don't worry, it's just me" in a whisper, which is when I realized the sound of rustling was actually him jerkin' it.
>>
>>18910366
He was frantically browsing through it to find info about his ex who got murdered you fucking "I'm better than those filthy millenials" dickhead
>>
>>18909717

This happens to me so often that the only really scary element at this point is not being able to feel like I'm breathing even though I know I am.

I have had two remarkable apparitions in the past past thought. The first was the Old Crone cliche that other's have spoken about. She was a deeply revolting decrepit hag that was in the room with me. The other, more interesting vision was that of what appeared like a 5 year old girl that crept in through my window.
>>
>>18909717
Anymore stories from bf/friend? This is the first time I hear about info like this being revealed during SP, if you're not fucking with us then it's really interesting.

I used to have sleep paralysis pretty often until I moved my bed, which helped for some reason. When it was still against the wall with a window right above me, I lived through one of the worst nights of my life. I "woke up" facing the wall so the window was in my view. You can't see much through it in that position, just the sky. After waking up I was too lazy to move and I could see it was still early morning so decided to fuck it. It lasted about 30 seconds because all of sudden the sun began to rise rapidly, turning early morning into noon. It was already getting darker when I got out of panic mode and tried moving, which made me realise I couldn't. So I was laying there not being able to scream, with days just going by and as I was stuck like this I felt this weird sensation, as if my whole room was gone, I felt like there was absolutely nothing behind me, just blank, black endless space, but that lasted until I heard creaking behind my back. My floor doesn't make much noise but I definitely heard someone slowly creeping up to my bed. Then the bed creaked. Someone grabbed my arm gently, then that grip started to get heavier until I could feel my arm bleeding. It then turned me around to reveal itself as a shadowy faceless figure. And then I woke up.
It was the only SP that was actually scary, all the other ones were either white figures or things like my dad walking in and dancing(he wasn't at home at the time).
>>
My wife had a sleep paralysis episode a few years back. I was sitting at the end of the bed at time time it was happening and saw what looked like a small shadow person sitting on her chest area. It only lasted for a few seconds but it scared the heck out of both of us.
>>
>>18910235
This. I love it.
The emotions that you feel are really unique.
>>
How can I get sleep paralysis?
>>
Can you have sex during sleep paralysis? Like seeing it, and orgasming?
>>
First few times it happened to me I was convinced I was being abducted by aliens. I remember it vividly. Since I figured out what it is, I love sleep paralysis
>>
Frequent sleep paralysis here. Couple times a week at least. Most times are normal sometimes I know what's going on and I don't panick and just fall back to sleep sometimes there's things I don't normally see or hear. I'll tell one time that stands out as the most frightening.
>in bed with gf
>sleep paralysis starts
>I'm watching something black crawl to the side of my bed
>gf jumps awake backwards into me
>this wakes me up all the way
> I ask what's wrong
>she said she thought something was next to the bed.
Other than that normal sleep paralysis things really.
>>
>>18909717
I've only had it once (maybe twice) .
>lie in bed, trying to sleep
>suddenly open my eyes , staring at ceiling
>a shadow appears, standing right next to me and staring down on me
>shadow kinda looks like me, not scared but uncomfortable
>start getting devoured into it, wake up a few seconds later

The other time was weird, it was during summer holidays at my friend's apartment
>try to sleep on side
>hear something at door
>freeze up and tense like I'm about to get murdered
>hear door open
>freaking the fuck out but still not moving at all
>feel weight on back, as if somebody jumped on me
>whole back feels tingly like when your leg or arm falls asleep and you start moving it

Ofcourse, the door was closed in the morning
>>
File: KosmicFeels.png (1007KB, 1000x1172px) Image search: [Google]
KosmicFeels.png
1007KB, 1000x1172px
>>18909717
>Tfw all you sleep paralysis moments didn't have a single hallucination involved
>>
>>18909717
Sleep paralysis is just dreams but with your eyes open, and some people see the future in their dreams.
>>
>>18909717
>>
>>18909717
>>18911475

I have had sleep paralysis countless of times, some lucid dreams and all other stuffs. Hallucinations of all senses , aliens , black things exploding you. I know it is just a transition to your dreams no matter what you call it, from dreams to other things thats a different story.

Anyways, recently i got one after some time of not having any sleep paralysis, it was pretty strange and scary, not like anything i have felt with dreams. I managed to silence my mind and wake up but it was something that felt like it was more (for those who do meditation / yoga and had felt strong things).

Checkout this

>>18910195
>> >>18910195
>>>>18910195
>>
>>18912613
what are you trying to say?
>>
>>18909717
I've had a couple in my life. It seems I have them once every couple of months.

First one I ever had:
>sleeping on stomach
>I'm floating above myself
>I hear don't turn around
>made me think that I was being watched by someone else and I was watching it through their eyes
>wake up
>arms asleep

another
>I was sleeping on my left side
>look forward, can see my feet tucked in to the covers through my side
>feel something moving up through the covers, but it's a jaggy feeling
>it gets to my hip
>I wake up

Last I remember:
>laying down flat on my back on night
>man hovering over me, just a complete shadow
>looks like he's being hung by the neck
>I wake up

That's all I can remember.
>>
>>18910383
>I think most posts and stories about SP are bullshit for that reason.
Whenever I have SP experiences, they're normally out of body, or I have the capacity to see things from a different point of view, as though I'm not confined by the same physical limitations. I think this is an interesting idea that you see it as evidence that it's only a "dream". Like some people have already mentioned, there's like a fine line. It's nothing like lucid dreaming or dreaming to me, though. It's as if I can see out of the back of my head, or on all sides, like a fish-eye lens. But I can't see through objects or furniture.

I'm just posting in this thread cause I've had SP and hallucinations for a long time, but they've never been negative or scary experiences. I enjoy them, but I don't take it seriously enough to go looking how to repeat them.

The last time I had SP, I also thought I saw a female figure leaning against a small side table I have in a hallway that I can see from my bed. I wasn't able to see her whole body, though. The couch was blocking it. For some reason, I thought she looked like me. She had her arms crossed, and also seemed like she was watching me. My heart stopped. She was also naked lol-- I had this intuition this thing wasn't good, whatever it was, but I also had an uncontrollable attraction and wanted to do it. I tried to have a sexual encounter, but the paralysis ended we did anything and I stopped hallucinating. Anyone else have any sexual SP experiences? 10/10, would do again.
>>
File: IMG_4830.png (250KB, 634x476px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4830.png
250KB, 634x476px
The last paralysis I've had I saw some kind of static figure, similar to the galaxy being from the old Outer Limits episode, sitting on my chest and making it hard to breathe. Nothing that interesting but it was hard to fall back asleep afterwards.
>>
>>18911065
You ARE being abducted by aliens. But if thinking it is "just in your mind" then keep that delusion.
>>
>>18909717
>try to induce sleep paralysis willingly since forever
>nothing ever happens
What do?
>>
>>18911065
You've been abducted. You're still in the ship by the way.
>>
I semi regularly see things in my room shortly after I've gone to sleep. I wake up and see person shaped figures in the room, I can never make out facial features except one time when a small girl ran past the bed, she had glasses and a pony tail, the whole figure was ghostly white though.

My mum sees things as well, but hers are even clearer. She wakes up and sees people laid next to her, facing face to face or stood over her. Must be terrifying for her.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.