[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interpreting the Final Chapter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: images.jpg (10KB, 166x200px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 166x200px
What do you anons see the revelation as? Figurative or literal? What do you think truly happens?
>>
oh op here, i also think that it isnt literal myself as most of the bible is

i dont think donald trump is the antichrist like many believe either
>>
>>18908963
It is very difficult. I've worked on it for years and keep coming up with different things.

The basic essence you can figure for sure is that God wins.
>>
>>18909168
Yeah, I figured as much. What's you're theory how though?
>>
Imagine that you right now had a vision about how the world would end. You don't know when in future the end will happen, but you don't know what most of the things you are looking at so you just describe it as you seen fit. That's why it can't be literal.
>>
>>18909189
It seems to me the world gets to a point where God feels he has proven his point that his Creation cannot function under the rulership of men or Lucifer and his Fallen Angels.

He declares "Enough". We see some of this from behind the scenes in Heaven and how it plays out on Earth.

The world system of Babylon is at it's sinful peak and God destroys it. Christ returns to establish his JUST rule here on Earth.

People are so against this they literally attack the returning Christ and the saints.

They are destroyed. The Millenial Kingdom happens and after Lucifers last rebellion.

Then the Final Judgement

Then God starts creation from scratch with a perfect new Heaven and Earth.

I glossed over a lot. It's a dense dense book.
>>
>>18908963
It think somebody made a bad spinoff from the Aeneid by Virgil and called in Christian scripture. If you read the Aeneid, it"s hard to conclude otherwise.
>>
>>18908963
It's all a cycle
>>
>>18908963
TBoR is like a punchline to a joke 90% of an audience doesn't approve of by a comedian 95% of them enjoy; you accept it as part of the routine because you came for the rest of the shit. If we are bound to an eternity why would a being feel the need to sum up our creation with such an event? Pretty sure its all propaganda by humans.
>>
>>18909212
Does this mean God could possibly create another world after ours?
>>
>>18909168
>I've worked on it for years
Read more. Revelations is a work of apacalyptic literature. A very common genre during the second temple period, and one with some very specific established features. In general, apocalyptic works are told as revelations and are meant to rely wisdom about pressing issues. They also tend to make predictions about future events. They're always symbolic discussions of issues.

There's tons of scholarly work about this, and it's not even a subject of debate in academic circles. Revelations is entirely figurative.
>>
File: vedic timecycle.gif (33KB, 600x430px) Image search: [Google]
vedic timecycle.gif
33KB, 600x430px
>>18909226
That pic is terribly incorrect. No Vedic scripture out there has Kali Yuga immediately followed by a second Kali Yuga. This is like thinking the seasons go Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter, Winter, Fall, Summer, Spring.

> SB 3.11.19 — The duration of the Satya millennium equals 4,800 years of the years of the demigods; the duration of the Tretā millennium equals 3,600 years of the demigods; the duration of the Dvāpara millennium equals 2,400 years; and that of the Kali millennium is 1,200 years of the demigods.

Here in the Bhagavatam we see the duration of the ages. Note the phrase, "of the demigods;" this was explained in a previous verse.

> SB 3.11.12 — Two solar movements make one day and night of the demigods, and that combination of day and night is one complete calendar year for the human being. The human being has a duration of life of one hundred years.

This says a year to a human is roughly one day for a demigod. So a time period of 1200 years of the demigods would equal 1200x365, or 438,000 years.

> SB 12.2.34 — After the one thousand celestial years of Kali-yuga, the Satya-yuga will manifest again. At that time the minds of all men will become self-effulgent.

And here it declares quite clearly that after Kali Yuga, Satya Yuga begins anew. Using the astrological positions mentioned in the Vedas, the current Kali Yuga is calculated to have started around 5000 years ago.

We've still got around 425,000 years of this to go.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.