[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/chaos/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 14

How do I into chaos magic? Let's compile resources and knowledge here.
>>
>>18908557
Try to start on Chaos theory
(It's serious)
>>
>>18908557
I walked this path for a few years. Some of my best and worst memories came from this practice. Prepare to find heaven and hell all at once. What a fucking ride. The bad, was very bad though. Very very bad.
>>
chaosmatrix.org/library
>>
>>18908642
can you tell us more? ty
>>
theconversation.com/explainer-what-is-chaos-theory-10620
>>
>>18908642
This. Its called CHAOS magic, so expect a very bumpy, dangerous and unpredictable ride. You can pretty much manifest what you want generally but you will pay for it and you dont get to decide how.
>>
There's a good bit of information in the library at /omg/ and though most practioners there seem to be not super respectful of chaos magick they tend to be knowledgeable and not rude about it
>>
File: thisisntunix-butiknowthis[1].jpg (49KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
thisisntunix-butiknowthis[1].jpg
49KB, 640x480px
From Condensed Chaos.
1. Avoid dogmatism
2. Personal Experience is paramount
3. Technical Excellence
4. Deconditioning.
5. Diverse Approaches
6. Gnosis

Here's the pdf. http://www.principiadiscordia.com/downloads/Condensed%20Chaos.pdf

It's a really short book and it's really about finding what works for you and throwing away what doesn't. I always say start slow with any magick and don't get stupid.

Record your dreams.
Start to understand symbology, tarot may help with this.
Learn to drop into gnosis without too much effort.
Record your results.

The only thing that puts me off from Chaos is how many people get selfish with it and use it build a religion around what they can get. Have fun. No matter what other Wizards tell you, don't eat your own cum.
>>
File: DOUBLE-RAINBOW.jpg (205KB, 1024x567px) Image search: [Google]
DOUBLE-RAINBOW.jpg
205KB, 1024x567px
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>18908557
How do I get into waterpolo?
Learn to swim good and fast first.

How do I get into Chaos Magick?
Get into Hermes Trismegistus first.
After that, you are able to find the way.
>>
>>18908835
I guess psychonaut is a decent introduction, and belief is important, but *what* you do is just as important as *how* and *why* you do it...for instance, you can't work Enochian using Goetic methods...&c.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Shit I forgot this one. Page 2 of Level 4
>>
Can anyone simply describe what chaos magick is? Google gives me numerous, vague descriptions.
>>
>>18908991
tl;dr Intention and Will are what's important.
The rituals or trappings you use to direct them are entirely a mater of personal preference.
>>
>>18909084
Not really...Like I said above, try running Enochian using Goetic methods, or try running Goetia with Enochian metyhods, and tell me how it works out.
>>
>>18908991
The idea is that magic works due to a mix of belief and discipline.

A spell doesn't work because you did a ritual worshipping the correct god. A spell works because you hardcore believed it would. You could have cast a spell by singing All About that Base to Batman - if you truly believed that's what you needed to do to achieve something, it'll work.

From what I understand, the practice of Chaos magic essentially involves getting yourself into this mindset, trying different things, keeping detailed notes to recognize patterns and establish discipline.
>>
>>18908557
Liber Null
>>
File: 1429557103814.jpg (150KB, 958x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1429557103814.jpg
150KB, 958x1080px
>>
File: potentialhoot.png (420KB, 1349x645px) Image search: [Google]
potentialhoot.png
420KB, 1349x645px
>>18908642
how was your practice initiated?
>>
>>18909425
Those principals are better known as esoteric knowledge. Bringing that esoteric knowledge into practice successful is called magik.
Putting a tag on esoteric knowledge and calling it Occult helps keeping great groups of people away from the ability to use that knowledge.
Making that knowledge openly available to the public reduces the strength of the magik, because when you know the trick, it is harder to be fooled by it.
Making the knowledge look ridiculous is the most efficient and used method to keep the knowledge esoteric.
>>
>>18911007
I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Occult (or "esoteric knowledge", which I think is just a general vocabulary term and can apply to things beyond the occult though I mostly hear it applied to occult matters) can refer to many different schools with their own set of rules. Chaos indicates you make your own rules.
>>
I require more info
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.