[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I live in Sicily, which is pretty boring part of Italy, any of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Provinces_of_Sicily_map.png (40KB, 261x200px) Image search: [Google]
Provinces_of_Sicily_map.png
40KB, 261x200px
I live in Sicily, which is pretty boring part of Italy, any of you got some Italian spoopy shit? Sicilian is preferred
>>
the mafia
/thread
>>
>>18903928
Go to Tuscany or Sardinia
>>
>>18903928
Catacombs of Syracusa/Syracuse (Southern Sicily) there were full of skeletons back when I was in Sicily in 1977, dunno if they got cleaned up, Mafia dumped a lot of bodies there, I wanted to go see 'em being a morbid kinda kid but wasn't allowed to go. Most churches have a "Danse Macabre" mural somewhere as a monument to the plague which wiped out 2/3 of the island.
Not so spooky, but still interesting are the Paldini puppet shows, dunno if they are still in vogue with all the immigrants as it's plays (with armoured puppets) about Crusaders vs Turks & Saracens, "Roland" being a favourite.
>>
File: 2530258.jpg (86KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
2530258.jpg
86KB, 600x450px
>>18902040
>>18903928

Alright guys, I'm gonna crosspost because this is a nice chance to do it:

It's not WWII-related, but surely it's related to war and to Sicily. Some years ago a series of concatenated fires destabilized many villages of Sicily, causing even some casualties. I remember a documentary where they showed how the fires locations, if connected by a line, formed a perfect triangle on the map. At the same time a few farmers spotted some figures with weird-looking white suits loitering in the woods near the villages. They were carrying instrumentations and easels and they looked like they were doing geological surveys or other odd measurments. Nobody knows who they were. I remember the documentary ending with the hypothesis that they were American soldiers and agents conducting experiments for some new airwaves guns / directed-energy weapons or whatever - something they would use in the Iraq war. According to the documentary's hypothesis, they were doing that without the permission of the Italian government (for obvious reasons) that basically was completely anaware of what was going on. I remember it shocked me quite a bit. This is the only source I was able to find online (but maybe I didn't seek well enough):

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2004/feb/11/italy.johnhooper
>>
>>18904604
>concatenated fires
Dude. Look up what the big words mean before you use them.
>>
>>18903928
Stories of hairy, greasy, nasty as fuck wops living there.
>>
>>18903981
Don't thread yourself dumbass, especially when it's so unwarranted.
>>
>>18905938
Dude, I honestly don't give a fuck if the meaning in English is slightly different. In Italian CONCATENATO means a certain number of things are linked together by a connection of any sort. And for me it's anything but a big word - maybe it's a big word for you because you're retarded.

Pretty childish, anyway, that people ignore my post because I used one word improperly or because they don't understand it. Bah.
>>
>>18903928
Sicilian knife fighters are pretty spoopy but not paranormal. I'd put San Michele up there with any eastern edged weapon forms.
>>
>>18906719

Ignore, It's a 12 year old edge Lord
>>
>>18903928
Sicily is ANYTHING BUT boring.
>>
>>18907009
Not heard of Paranza Corta before. Looks interesting, but I would still put my money on a Kali practitioner. Could just be bias tho. I love how form and physics basically forces bladed MA to all converge on the same techniques, but their philosophies in fighting can be radically different.

Does San Michele or Paranza Corta have something similar to "defang the snake?"
>>
Ture o viri cu ta ficca

Ni viremu stasira o chiosco?
>>
>>18904604
This was pretty neat, thanks. Are you Italian?
>>
>Sicily
For Christ's sake, go look for the Normandic-Islamic documents of the 12th century, there's everything you can imagine: kabbalists, christian and sufi mystics, court romances, spells and incantations...
"Every European is in potency a writer: they do not bother to read anymore", Jorge Luis Borges
>>
>>18907065
Kali sure is en vogue lately, similar to how Brazilian Jujitsu yielded to Krav Maga in recent years. As for the technique in question I believe that the orthodoxy in European swordplay has you aiming towards the inside of the forearm just below the elbow for similar "cord cutting" effect on the tendon connecting the bicep to the forearm (bicipital aponeurosis.) Sicilian's tended towards heavy stiletto blades meant for stabbing though that sort of debilitating strike likely bled into their techniques from going up against Andalusian style pocket knives from Spain.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.