[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mind altering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: brain.jpg (640KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
640KB, 1600x900px
What ways can one alter memories? Is it possible to convince oneself or someone else that a memory is not actually real, or that a false event actually happened? Is it possible to completely erase one of your own memories, or to do it to others?
>>
File: Liquor.jpg (37KB, 540x300px) Image search: [Google]
Liquor.jpg
37KB, 540x300px
>>
File: botellas-de-licor-CC.jpg (60KB, 640x261px) Image search: [Google]
botellas-de-licor-CC.jpg
60KB, 640x261px
>>18899903
You aren't going to wipe out a memory with 4 bottles.
>>
>>18899903
>>18899911

Kek'd
>>
File: autydoll.jpg (99KB, 634x869px) Image search: [Google]
autydoll.jpg
99KB, 634x869px
>>18899911
REEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>18899903
Depends upon how recent the memory is; To what extent the memory must be suppressed, and what the memory entails.

The most active method of recall is through olfactory stimulation (smell). Being unable to smell will drastically impact spontaneous memory recall, as well as quality of life.

As for "erasing" memories you have a few options.

1: Retrograde amnesia: This comes as the result of many things. Permanent amnesia can be the result of acute administration of certain benzodiazepines shortly after the incident occurs. This will leave a brain fog surrounding the events that transpired before, and after the administration of the drug. I will add that administering a substance knowingly to anyone with or without consent outside of the direct orders of a doctor is a Felony in most countries/states. However; For information purposes only, I will discuss further.

Often people believe that common "Date rape" substances leave a person without memory. This is false, and I absolutely detest people who use these substances at the expense of another persons life. The substances put a person within a state which causes confusion and loss of motor function. It's horrific and ineffective for memory isolation.

Finally you have Physical alteration of the brains electrical structure, whether if by Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), Or labotomy (A now almost unheard of technique).

The alteration of Memory, or the sealing of memories is a topic of incredible research by the intelligence community and the world at large. I've always been interested in "unlocking" memories, or enhancing the rate of recall, rather than the formatting or manipulation of memories.
>>
>>18899941
Continued from My previous post.

Further, You have hypnotic suggestion, which research shows to be a "Hit or miss" field of pseudo-scientific study.

A more promising method would likely include cognitive behavioral therapy with the use of emotional supplementation through chemical inhibition of certain qualities.

EG: The use of Ketamine on Emergency room patients that pose an extended risk to themselves. Ketamine is a Dis-associative Psychedelic, Which causes retrograde amnesia, and a detachment from personality. It is described as being someone in the room with the individual, being able to witness the circumstances of the persons life outside of the confines of their personality and life. It is extremely effective and most recently Ketamine was approved for PTSD treatment as well as Major depressive disorder.

I should note that MDMA was also approved for certain types of treatment therapies which include CBT and methods along that course of action.

Those who are familiar with the chemical in American Cough medicines, "DXM"; Will be familiar with Ketamine, in the sense that they belong to the same class of substance; While their method of action is different in many ways entirely.

The modification of memories would be a "Difficult" venture, as expressed by the CIA after the declassified memoirs of MKULTRA.
>>
>>18899902
>Is it possible to convince oneself that a memory is not actually real
Easily.

>Is it possible to convince someone else that a memory is not actually real
If you find a way let me know.
>>
>>18899998
>>Is it possible to convince someone else that a memory is not actually real
>If you find a way let me know.

Yes; The process by which they do this is called "Gas Lighting".

Essentially the process includes seemingly random occurrences which won't raise suspicion, but start to make the victim feel as if they are losing their mind. Sometimes they do this with the use of mind altering chemicals to induce auditory or visual hallucinations.

The videos you see on youtube about "Gangstalking" are 99.9% of the time, an echo chamber of paranoid schizophrenic people refusing to get help, not taking their medication and likely causing a ton of drama for their community.

Yet in the case of those being gaslighted; It's the intended result for that person to be seen as "Crazy" and further, any mental diagnosis achieved is seen as a "win" as that persons credibility is forever ruined in a court of law.

It's an inhumane practice; But alas.

"The end justifies the means" in some of these cases.
>>
>>18900028
The rate of success if done correctly it's surprisingly high.
>>
>>18900028
Oh I phrased it wrong. I'm aware that it can be done if you can get a hold of the person, but I was looking for a more /x/ way. Make a person you don't interact with believe something different from what he used to.
>>
>>18899902
Yes,

most call it 'gas lighting' and it happens a lot of times in abuse cases.
>>
>>18900041
Most likely not unless you are able to fuck with them electronically, catfish them etc.
>>
>>18899902
Hello. This is an area of study of mine. In the summertime I hope to be able to do testing as well.

Altering one's mind is altering ones feelings. We have a natural, effortless response to information that's decided by how we feel in a situation. If a feeling can be recreated in this moment and tethered to a memory in ant detail, the body can teach itself what the mind wants it to.

Perceive what you are creating. Know it in all depths as finely as you can. Then, feel. As if to add color.
>>
>>18899902
Erasing someone else's memory is not possible, except with some kind of technology. But i think that with enough willpower or the proper stimuli one could regain an 'erased' memory still. but everything else you asked, yes I think people do this on regular basis and live in there personal delusions about many things.
>>
>>18900176
Go on. What is the process?
>>
File: booby.jpg (21KB, 415x322px) Image search: [Google]
booby.jpg
21KB, 415x322px
>>18899902
If you watch enough sissy hypno you'll desire to be a girl and go looking for alpha men.
>>
>>18899902

MKOFTEN might know...
>>
>>18899941
>>18899957
I mainly intend on using this on myself, and wouldn't even consider non-consensual use on others.
I'm particularly interested in ECT and Ketamine/MDMA use, since these seem like the the most accessible and easy to perform on oneself. How exactly would one go about using these to cause retrograde amnesia for a specific memory in the range of a week to a couple of weeks old, and how would memories from around the same time be affected? Optimally, I'd want to get rid of just the memory in question, and definitely no more than all memories of that day.
>>
The Toy Box Killer, David Ray Parker, used a mix of sodium pentothal and phenobarbital and hypnosis to erase the memories of torture from his victims before he released them.

It worked. I'm not sure of the success percentages or methods in detail though.
>>
>>18900194
It always starts with clearing the mind and focusing on the body. We aren't always conscious of it, but our senses are what allow us the perspective we have in a situation. You can do exercises of recreating feelings that are intense from your perspective. It's best to mix things together like you're on a first date and you're about to hold their hand while sitting somewhere. What does your body feel like in its relaxed state where it is in the mind. What noise is it toning out in the background. What is the environment. It doesn't have a description, it just has a feeling.

Consider a flame... It starts as a tiny spark in front of your fingers and slowly grows. The heat intensifies to the point you know you won't be able to bear it soon, but what would it feel like if you left your hand in the flame? Can you perceive the intensity without the pain?

Meditate.
>>
>>18901146
>It worked.
Until a few months passed and the problems came back
>>
>>18899902
It's possible if it's something that you yourself are ok with, and if you've got dissociative tendencies. nobody can forcibly take your memory from you yet, unless you were roofied.
>>
>>18901244
No idea. I just know that's not how he got caught. Interesting at least given how tramatic those memories were.
>>
You can hypnotize yourself. Others can hypnotize you. It can go both ways.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.