[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Christian Church the one propagating this meme? I mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 14

File: flat earth sun.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
flat earth sun.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
Is the Christian Church the one propagating this meme? I mean if the Earth isn't flat, motionless and 6000 years old then the bible must be false. That's gotta be pretty scary for the Christfags

Can you imagine devoting your entire life to a lie? Can you imagine the power and influence that the church is losing every day? No wonder they're pushing so hard for this meme.
>>
OP is still mad his mom made him go to Sunday School.
>>
>>18896391
This is a copypasta atheist meme
>>
>>18896512
no it isnt
>>
>>18896391
Or maybe he's mad that people are propagating bullshit memes.
>>
>Or maybe he's mad that people are >propagating bullshit memes.
>>
>>18896378
I'm pretty sure even the pope himself thinks the flat earth theory is retarded.
>>
>>18897025
The catholic church definitely, they've had their own professional astronomers for centuries.

But if you look at some of the flat-earth related Youtube videos, a lot of them are biblical literalists.
>>
>>18897134
>a lot of them are biblical literalists.
To be fair, if you're a biblical literalist, you have to believe a lot of bizarre things that don't mesh up with reality.
>>
>>18896378
I don't visit /x/ much but I wouldn't put it past protestants or evangelist's to be this retarded
>>
>>18897431
Ever read some of the crazier ways they try to justify the Noah's Ark story as literal truth?
>>
>>18897017
thanks for repeating, I guess?
>>
>>18896378
Looks like somebody doesn't understand what metaphors are.
>>
>>18897134
Bible doesn't actually say earth is only 6000 years old. People who actually believe that and aren't just going along with what other people say believe it because they say the jews have been recording history since the beginning of time. The jewish calendar says we've been around for something like 5,000 years plus some extra for the earth to be created.

Pretty ridiculous but it's funny people believe the bible actually says that. It's an interesting book, you can skim right on by the boring stuff and actually read it. Wouldn't expect most people to do it but it's annoying to see so many people bitch about it and they have no idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>18899879
Kek. OP BTFO
>>
>If the earth isn't flat the bible must be false
explain please
>>
>>18896378

It's the story about the sun standing still that brings the biggest problem.
Also, on a flat earth the sun can not raise or set. Still the bible talks about those events. Check mate!

The bible will not hold for 25 years. And we can help to speed up the process. Don't fight god, just show them Jesucsists the bible is not correct.
It's like kicking in an open door now, and all because they started to make such a big deal about the shape of earth. They digged they own grave.
>>
>>18899879
the 6000 year thing comes from the lineage of christ which is written out in the new testament
at that Shebazabum begat Hoopdedoo stuff

believes averaged out the births or something and assume Big JC was born around 1AD and they come up with creation at 3-4000 years before that
>>
Because death is scary. And people hit a wall when they think about life just ending. Kek. It's just not that simple.
>>
>>18899937
So, we get basic anarchy when all the less intelligent get together with, there is no God to bow down before. No punishment. Ffs. It's more about not letting the world burn.
>>
So abandon the church, and we will have Jonestown. And Sarin gas on the subways. Because idiots WILL follow someone. Guaranteed.
>>
>>18899879
Read it, cover to cover. Old Testament also. Tell me if it still makes sense, all around. Or if the First Council of Nicaea got it wrong, when they decided who the Messiah should be. Make an educated decision.
>>
>>18896378
Biblical text gives no date to many portions of it's text. Infact, It's thought by most Christians that the text within Enoch is accounting for life much as it was in our days. If you consider that Prophetic text is an accounting of what comes to pass due to celestial occurrence; You find that the Bible is a message meant to save humanity from an incoming apocalyptic cataclysm.

The date and age of the earth and it's heavens are unknown, there is no way for us to conceive these things. Any christian that has read his bible and understands it, would state that there was no Beginning of the universe, nor will there be an end; Rather, God was and always will be, thus, where we are right now is quite irrelevant considering what is going to come. The addition of extra terrestrials would not change anything. What do you think the bible is discussing when it speaks of "Principalities and powers, Angels, Demons.." I could go on; There are biblical referrences to "Wheeled Angels" "Angels made of nothing but eyes"

Which were able to take Enoch up and into their "Craft" and he witnessed a great number of things.

The bible is a historical account of our civilization before the last flood that killed us all off and destroyed our technology. As it is now, just as it was then, people like you are denying the Truth of the Lord, and unfortunately once again, the very same thing is going to happen again, but worse, as it is said to have happened.

We don't know how long this has been going on. The bible is clear that there are things we are not told, but we are told what we must know.

As for a "Flat" earth. I've never seen space myself; Nor have I ever seen a picture of Earth that wasn't CGI. I did see the Moon Crew faking the Shot from "half way to the moon" Whilst they were in earth's orbit still however. All of the evidence suggests that something isn't being shared with us. All of it.
>>
>>18899943
And religions know do not burn the world?
Moslims literally blow themselves up in the name of religion.
Religion may had benefits, we evolved and religion has to die out!!
>>
>>18899981

I'm sorry, but you're entirely incorrect. I respect your right to be incorrect, and you are set in your ways. I do hope you find your way sooner than later.

I'm not trying to patronize you. I would rather you form your own conclusion through understanding the Bible, rather than listening to the world that will lead you to a life of sorrow and absolute misery. You don't have much time my dude, not much at all.
>>
>Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Been a while since they finished doing that, I believe everyone in Israel already knows :^)
>>
>>18899980
When ever are military programs shared to the public or to the world? NASA will never tell the truth, agencies of that level should not. If you don't understand that strategy, kill yourself or become a moslim and then kill yourself
>>
>>18899996
You're obviously not that old, or intelligent, so I don't expect you to be able to grasp the message I'm attempting to convey.

Let me give you some advice however. Being edgy isn't cool, it's actually a measure of how stupid you actually are. If you want to make a difference in the short time you have left, you should start living like you have a purpose, rather than trying to tear the world down around you with your anger.
>>
>>18896378
>I mean if the Earth isn't flat, motionless and 6000 years old then the bible must be false.
that's not even remotely the case
>>
>>18899987
Why would you say that? You don't know me. You have no way of knowing if I did read the TeNaCh and the New Testament. Or other books?
You don't know my studies and work history. Nor my personal life.

But, I read the book, more then once. And any book that need to be read more then twice is badly written. The bible is not that bad, for a piece of art. But you must be stupid to life by a book. Any book. Go scare you own kids. And then hang yourself for doing so.

And take all your Jesucsist friends and Mohammedismers with you!! The world would be a better place without all of you.
>>
File: eratos2.gif (2KB, 476x163px) Image search: [Google]
eratos2.gif
2KB, 476x163px
>>18896378

Some interesting reading here on the history of flat earth belief

https://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/flat/flateart.htm
>>
>>18900022

The last statement you made would be the very reason for why I made my own statement.

I am entirely fine with coexisting with you. In fact it is my goal to lead you to understanding the salvation being offered to you. Yet; If you feel that you can not "Live with" and want us to "Die out" I feel that you're the person that presents a threat to the world; As you're the one that is unable or unwilling to coexist with those who practice religion.

Are you blind? It's fine if you are, I understand that some people are incapable of seeing the fallacy of their argument.

You claim that Christians are the problem, yet you're the one that wants to restrict the freedom of others.

You can quote the "Crusades this" or "That " all day. You can whine about Muslims as well, all day. It doesn't fix the issue. War will never solve this issue. Murder, and death, or the censorship of ideas will never fix this issue.

People have free choice, you should learn to respect that choice. I respect your right to choose, and while you feel my kindness is an assault upon your way of life; I feel that I'm trying to share the truth with you and you want me to die for it.
>>
>>18900038
I believe from the picture you're speaking of the experiments that attempted to prove that the earth was moving. There was another as well that disproved Einsteins Relativity as well; But it was thrown out, as the relativity argument gave strength to the Heliocentric model rather than the Geocentric model.

Personally, to me, It does not matter whether the earth is flat or not. What bothers me is that we are not allowed to go to the north pole or south pole. We are not allowed to see the earth in an entire picture, yet we are told that we can see the other side of Jupiter at the very same time; Coincidentally the pictures look like 3d Imaging, a trade I myself practice.

I believe that it's become painfully obvious to the government that they can not longer continue to put out CGI depictions or Renditions of planets; They will need to start using the real goods, or release the truth to the world.

Personally, I believe that the world is far larger than people believe, I believe we are a rung, much like you could expect on a tree, with the north pole containing it's own geographic qualities, with an ice wall around it. The earliest maps we have attest to this, with the actual north pole being green and having a strange consistency of air.

Does this mean we are flat? I'm not certain. Infact, It might be the case that we are floating around space in a giant space ship after our planet was destroyed (The one that is now a million little rocks and called an asteroid belt)

But who knows. Do you know? Can you prove it? No. You can't. I can't either.

So we shouldn't really fight about it. Also, this is an open message to everyone, Not just you .
>>
>>18899879
>Bible doesn't actually say earth is only 6000 years old
Its literally just adding up all the lifespans of characters in the bible

It has nothing to do with the Jews, retard
>>
>>18900073
There is no accounting what so ever the time between the creation of the planet, the time in the garden of Eden, pre-flood; Many more time periods that have no reference of time.
>>
>>18900040
Don't get me wrong. If ya'll just practiced your believe without mentally molesting kids and all those with a weak mind, I had no problem. But you take down the intellectual level of our species.

I can talk about salvation with you whole day, I like conversations, but in the end you will find God did not gave you wisdom nor did my respect for you become greater (that is, if you still take the Christian faith for valuable ).

Truth is, I don't care about you at all. Alive or death. You kind of people are not fun nor profitable to hang out with.

Also, you think you are kind, you might even believe it. You are not. You are someone who tells other people they are living wrong. Calling it God's message and claiming God is love doesn't make it so.
The only difference between me and you is, you think your are doing the good thing and I don't. I have no reason to do the right thing. I just do the thing that satisfice my ego. But at least I am not a hypocrite.
>>
>>18900060
>believe from the picture you're speaking of

If you're referring to the picture I posted here >>18900038 , it's a representation of Eratosthenes' measurement of the curvature of the earth over 2000 years ago. I don't think he was aware of Earth's movement.
>>
>>18900060
>we are not allowed to go to the north pole or south pole.

This is not true. Tourists can visit the poles and polar regions.

South pole:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tourism_in_Antarctica

North pole:
http://wikitravel.org/en/North_Pole
http://polarexplorers.com/expeditions/north-pole/north-pole-flights
>>
>>18900093
It was a great attempt; Unfortunately that very same experiment is explained away using the flat earth Geocentric model.

I really want to see an honest live stream. All it would take is for the people on the Space station to use a High Def camera and point it around, as to show the actual shape of the earth. Instead, we get a low definition Webcam style device that cuts out at scheduled points and never moves unless a UFO appears, then they start to move it really fast.

Of course, then you have instances where Astronauts were on space walks and started to "Drown"; Thankfully he somehow made it from Orbit to a hospital on earth in just an hour and was fine.

At the time there was a big uproar over it, but they've weaved a pretty incredible story and done a good job of information censorship.

I'm not saying either way, I just want to know the truth.

As for >>18900084

I've never said you were living wrong, I am not attracted to kids either. You're aware that christian families have the lowest rate of crime, infidelity, sexual deviancy right?

Or is that just a conspiracy of silence meant to make all the godless look like bad people?

You assume that anyone who follows God's word must be a catholic and have priests which rape kids. You assume that catholics in general are pedophiles correct? Which is incredibly wrong.

You're unaware of how ignorant you appear, You're projecting your own personality flaws upon me, trying to use your ignorance as a defense.

I am free to make my own statements; Trying to offer you the greatest gift ever given is hardly an insult. You're just indoctrinated into the world, made blind and unfortunately nothing I say can help you.

God help you. I won't be responding to you any further. Not because I don't want to, but because I'm not going to feed the anger inside you any further.
>>
>>18900101

You're not allowed to go to the poles. You can go to the very edge of the areas; Or the "Designated geographic pole" But you can not demonstrate , or travel in any way by yourself, as to ascertain the actual magnetic location for even a fraction of time. You can not do a 1 Mile wide circle around the magnetic north..

No , they take you to a stick in the ice and say "here it is, check your GPS, it says so"

And then you go home and feel stupid knowing that you were robbed.

Do some research on where you get to go in those expeditions; Call them. Ask if you can take a team with you and have an expedition.

Who owns the north pole and the south pole? Why do I need permission to go to uncharted territory? If it's charted who owns it, and why must we get permission to go there first?

These are just questions I ask.
>>
>>18900125
>You're not allowed to go to the poles. You can go to the very edge of the areas; Or the "Designated geographic pole" But you can not demonstrate , or travel in any way by yourself, as to ascertain the actual magnetic location for even a fraction of time. You can not do a 1 Mile wide circle around the magnetic north..
How do you know this?

>>why must we get permission to go there first?
Obviously because the UN doesn't want random people crapping it up?
>>
>>18900060
>the pictures look like 3d Imaging, a trade I myself practice.

What software do you primarily use?
>>
>>18900114
How says anything about catholics? I was talking about Christianity in general. You all mass up your kids, making them look like a fool among peers. Keeping them away from science. The whole no sex before marriage bull. Your kids are only good to life in your stupid community or low paid labor when they have the age to get a job. They stay stupid and to easy to trick.

Lowest crime rate? Really? Because most people in the lower social part of society actually believes there is something as life after death and a devil.
Most educated people don't or only in public.

And yes, you need people to be godless to point to otherwise you even more look lIke a moron talking about salvation.
Look if you felt for the hoax, stop being naive, but don't try to drag others with you by trying to brainwash them.

You offering me the greatest gift? You don't. What you are doing is to try to make me doubt and even scared about maybe going to hell. Stop thinking you are doing the right thing imbecile. You are doing it wrong. Maybe you mean it well, but your faith ,being Christianity, is poison. Dare to question your holy book for once with the mind of a intelligent adult. So, as far as the gift goes, I returned the favor. Not because my god asks me to, not because it is the right thing for the public eye, but because I value nature. For I am not the way you think I am. My values aren't from no books, spirits, god or youtube channel. I made my own.
>>
>>18900114
>I am not attracted to kids either.

I believe he said "mentally molesting"; as in he believes you are tainting their minds with falsehoods before they have the judgment and wisdom to decide for themselves.

The problem with that is, wisdom is entirely subjective. While I would call critical thought and strongly developed empathy "wisdom", you might call scriptural understanding "wisdom".

And, I apologize when I say "you"; I mean Christians, not you personally.

I personally only have so much stomach for Christian rhetoric. Like, I honestly have more patience for just about any other religion (except perhaps Islam, which I find just as frustrating). I want to appreciate your religion like all the others, because there is a lot of beauty to it, but something I just can't put my finger on about your religion agitates me.

It might have to do with laymen parroting scripture without any depth of understanding, or pastors who are downright arrogant over their own interpretations. I think all religions, mythologies, and philosophies, are going to have people like this, but because I'm in a Christian society, my attention is more drawn to the religion's faults.

I am sorry that I can't be more respectful. This is my first post in this thread, I'm no one you've been arguing with. But my own animosity sickens me, as it's almost irrational.

Like, I should be able to at least enjoy the beauty of the religion even if I don't believe in it. It's not like I'm being persecuted by Christians, and I enjoy other belief systems a great deal. And again, I do appreciate much of Christianity's beauty.
>>
File: IMG_11931.jpg (23KB, 320x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_11931.jpg
23KB, 320x275px
>>
>>18900022
Nice troll. I refuse to believe someone can be this stupid and still manage to get through life
>>
>>18900186
There is no heaven or hell in the Bible. They're lies popular "christianity" spreads for some reason or another. If you actually read the bible, you'll see they aren't there as modern christianity teaches. What Jesus promises is the ressurection of the dead ON EARTH. This isn't the afterlife. This is a continuation of life on earth. When you think about it, it almost sounds like something a time traveler would offer.
>>
File: biobook_biogeography_graphik_2.png (89KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
biobook_biogeography_graphik_2.png
89KB, 400x299px
>>18900125
>No , they take you to a stick in the ice and say "here it is, check your GPS, it says so"
You don't need GPS to know that you're at or near the poles, just basic celestial navigation, which has been known for centuries.

For example, if it's summer and you're north of the Arctic Circle, did you know the sun doesn't set? It just circles above you for awhile. If you 're a little further south,it will dip briefly below the horizon for your short "nighttime".

It's simple geometry. Same with the south polar region during the summer.

Also, Polaris (the North Star) will be more or less directly overhead, rather than to your north. Again, geometry.

>>18900125
>Do some research
You just made this up, didn't you?
>>
>>18899931
If I remember correctly people used to live for nearly 1 thousand years in the bible, and it never said when they had their children. Maybe each time someone had a child it was like when they were 800?
>>
Oh hey guys.
>>
File: flat octans.png (443KB, 1020x561px) Image search: [Google]
flat octans.png
443KB, 1020x561px
>>18900060
>Can you prove it? No. You can't.
Yes, I can
>>
>>18903360
God stuff
>>
>>18903360
there it is.....
>>
>implying the moon is always on the opposite side of the Earth as the Sun
>what is a solar eclipse
>>
>>18904263
A sign of war.
>>
>>18896378
No its the CIA trying to push this meme after people started talking and mentioning hollow-earth. Ofcourse dumb teenagers picked it up
Theres really a huge difference how the topic hollow earth and flat earth is discussed because flat earth is made up to divert attention from hollow earth which likely has some truth to it, the nazi antarctica stories etc.
>>
>>18904381
Earth isn't hollow. It does have caves several miles deep that go throughout entire continents, though. The midwest, for instance, has caves that lead to deeper caves throughout the US. The Ozark mountains, formerly being the tallest in the country, holds very many of these cross-country caves several miles deep, the openings to which are now underground but can be accessed by excavating newer surface caves. It's why there are so many rich people and banks popping up around the area.

>inb4 MiB come at me
I'm suicidal fuckers, do your worst.
>>
>>18900431
Are you trolling me? Your not even in my league , still you wanna ? Bring it on girl.
The topic is why are Christians pushing the flat earth stupidity.

Show me what you got Anon. By all means.
>>
>>18896378
>Earth isn't flat, motionless
biblical source for both of these?
>>
File: 1489057104650.jpg (37KB, 604x483px) Image search: [Google]
1489057104650.jpg
37KB, 604x483px
>>18904505
Sure because, >biblical source for both of these? is empirical truth...

Even Satan would abandon you from Hell for being that simple.
>>
>>18900060
>>18900162
Still waiting to find out what you use for 3d imaging.
>>
>>18900060

You can travel to the North and South Poles any time you want to. Yes you have to get a passport and visas and do some paper work. That does not mean the earth is flat.

You need a passport to go to Canada. That doesn't mean the earth is flat either.

As for the experiment in the pic, anybody who has gone to junior high school should recognize that it's an experiment that measured the circumference, quite accurately for the time, of the spherical earth.

And no, there aren't experiments disproving Einsteins Relativity. If there had been, people wouldn't still be using Relativity.

The people who drew the earliest maps are people that never went to these places, and relied on rumor and myth, and even if they had gone, they didn't have the cartography skills to make good, accurate maps.
>>
>>18896378
Yeah no shit. I realized Christianity my own religion was fake at 8. Realized it was all fairy tales at 8!
>>
>>18904368
>as if there's ever a period of time without war
>as if eclipses have anything to do with it
>>
>>18896378
actually LSC debunks the bible/flat earth bs.
Earth is concave, all scientific and biblical.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V0A5N3nleo
>>
>>18896378
What are you talking about you blithering liar: Isaiah 40:22 King James Version (KJV)

22 It is he that sitteth upon the CIRCLE of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Christopher Columbus was Catholic not the same as Christian contrary to popular belief...also many pagans at the time thought the world was flat but if they had came across this verse they would have known *laughs* as true Christians at the time knew for certain.
>>
>>18907073
the circle of the earth is explained by LSC's Concave Earth, not flat.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V0A5N3nleo
>>
>>18896378
The Church stoped campaining against science a long time ago, they know that no fruitition come from challenging science, instead they try to convince the believers of more mundane things.

So far it works, this meme was pushed for critical thinking people, and as a mockery of dogmatic beliefs in science.

We keep bumping this threads cause it's amazing the images and mental gymnastics to justify blatantly wrong positions.
>>
>>18907073
>we know
Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I tell you the truth, the Son of Man will return before you have reached all the towns of Israel.

truly, I say to you, you will not have gone through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Truly I tell you, you will not reach all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

For truly I say to you, you shall not have completed the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.

truly I say to you, you will not finish going through the cities of Israel until the Son of Man comes.

Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

For I assure you: You will not have covered the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I tell all of you with certainty that you will not have gone through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

I tell you the truth, you will not finish going through all the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Matthew 16:28
Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.

Matthew 24:34
Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened.

Chrisitans: Being wrong since long ago.
>>
>>18907073
Man will always try to disprove God but you really cant. Because no other religion mentions the cross crucifixion or resurrection of the son of God but the bible. Jesus saves because he hung on the cross for hours and suffered unto death. Then 3 days after he awoke and ascended back to heaven to his throne. Only 1 name can save only 1 name can change you for good and only 1 name can get you into heaven by believing this and in him. Thats called FAITH.
>>
File: 1492053128902.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492053128902.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>18907085
>>
>>18907084 Here is something you may not know and surely do not comprehend. The bible is prophecy (things to come) so this verse is for the people currently standing watching and waiting in faith. Mind blown i know, but no matter to some its just words and no understanding to others its faith and facts. To all its truth of things that have happened are happening and will happen. Like the retun of sodom and gomorrah and the fall of a great nation (america) but keep thinking you are right and you get what you want some day.
Matthew 16:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.
>>
>>18907107

See

>>18907103

>and watch a christian argue the impossible instead of accepting that gnostics had it right.
>>
>>18907107
>The bible is prophecy

>its for others!

So not for us, for others

Others that are retarded.
>>
>>18907103
believe or not your choice. But i can assure you bad things are coming, and isis (islam/satans army) will rule the world because you do not choose jesus you will reap the devil. But you already know who you are sold out too right?
>>
>>18907121
>believe or not your choice

I believe that you are a charlatan, the bible has failed the prophecy and you are arguing that it is an eternal prophecy waiting for the right people, the problem is that israel has already been preached to and the world didn't end.

CHARLATAN.

Gnosis is the true way.
>>
>>18907110
Keep worshiping the sun moon and stars and i will worship the one who created it all.
>>
File: a priests hobby.jpg (63KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
a priests hobby.jpg
63KB, 625x351px
>>18907129

I worship the true God: Abraxas.
>>
>>18907128
Not one prophecy failed, only a few we await. Its something like 372/377 give or take a couple. The temple rebuilt and the catching away are 2 of the few...good luck lying about fulfilled prophecies have not happened yet. You are imprisoned by lies.
>>
File: smug.png (366KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
366KB, 540x720px
>>18907142
>Not one prophecy failed

Matthew 10:23
Truly I tell you, you will not finish going through the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes.
Matthew 16:28
Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.
Matthew 24:34
Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have happened.
>>
>>18907133
thats an unknown god. I speak of the Almighty God and the Lord Jesus. Created man god verses the God who created man. Big difference.
>>
>>18907153
>thats an unknown god. I speak of the demiurge

I speak of the actual God that has actual power unlike your evil overlord.
>>
>>18907152
Stuck on stupid. Blind leading the blind strait into the ditch. There is a soul and spirit in there somewhere, put down your eyes and mind and pick up spiritual eyes unless your sould is dead already.
>>
>>18907162

I don't see how you can refute with these idiocies what I posted.
>>
>>18907158
i feel sorry for your eternity.
>>
>>18907169

Don't be, I reached gnosis and was personally granted heaven by Abraxas Himself.
>>
>>18907168
"I don't see"

You got that right. Maybe its because i actually understand what is hidden in plain sight and meant rather than mans knowledge of thinking it meant then with Gods understanding i know he was speaking about things to come (thats prophecy). Have a good one. :)
>>
>>18907191

You don't have god's understanding, as you follow the demiurge, a creature of darkness.
>>
>>18907191
In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up snakes with their hands, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not harm them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will be made well.

DRINK POISON.
>>
>>18907191
Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.

MOVE A MOUNTAIN
>>
>>18907191

If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.

MAKE A TREE JUMP LIKE A NINJA.
>>
>>18904527
The claim was not
>then it must be false
it was
>then the bible must be false
Naturally, the easiest way to debunk that is by forcing OP to supply where
>flat, motionless
are sourced within the bible. A strawman of the bible being wrong doesn't make the bible wrong, especially if it's wrong.
Maybe you're just too "simple" to see the difference.
>>
>>18896378

Baptists maybe.

The Catholic church helped preserve knowledge through the dark ages when rome fell. There's an observatory in the vatican.

Flat earthers are subhuman scum who should be removed from society.
>>
>>18907811
No, the Catholic Church, as an organization, tried to destroy that knowledge.

There were some isolated backwards monasteries where some of the knowledge was preserved in libraries that didn't end up getting burned, despite the Vatican. But that was only rediscovered well after the Renaissance.

The idea that the Church acted as some kind of noble ark, protecting ancient and classical knowledge, is a load of apologetics bullshit. The Church did its best to purposefully kept the third estate illiterate for a thousand years.
>>
>>18907826

You're a fucking moron.
>>
>>18896378
What are you talking about satan?

Scripture never said anything about flatness of earth nor a time table of humanity, nor anything about the sun......

The king comes soon & his reward is with him, be not deceived there is only one way to salvation....defy it at your peril.
>>
>>18896378
Have any of the edgy fedoras in this thread even read a bible? Or stayed in a church and actually paid attention? Or even studied biblical archeology?

So much saltiness......
>>
>>18907896
>says the guy who doesn't know shit about history but fell for church propaganda.
>>
>>18908547
You ask as if those are good qualities and worth being proud of.
>>
>>18908574
>dudes dudes listen to this... what if.... the bible was actually bad! did i just blow your mind? what if all that stuff they talk about in church like loving your neighbor and treating other people how you want to be treated was actually like evil?! whoahhh!!!! weren't expecting that one huh? yeah i know, im a pretty outside the box kind of guy its no big deal or anything i just try and pass along a little of all that ive learned in my studies, just paying it forward you know?
>>
>>18908621
>stuff they teach in church like loving your neighbor

Good one.
>>
>>18908550
>can't into greentext
>>
No one said that everything in the bible is true. Not religious myself, but I'm sure even religious people can see that some of the bible is bullshit.
>>
>>18908652
>bros get ready... did you ever stop and ask yourself... does christianity even have anything to do with christ??? boom. think about it like what if the stuff in the bible isnt even what christ said? like what if the bible they read in church isnt even the real bible! yeah it might be a tough pill to swallow but some of us arent afraid to question everything and not play along with societys rules. i know this renegade attitude might be too intense for most people to handle but its just the way i am
>>
>>18908688
No, many millions of evangelical American Christians claim everything in the Bible is literally true. Hence pushing Creationism is schools, flat earth, etc.

Of course they don't personally believe that. They pick and choose their verses just like everybody else. But they still say it's all true.
>>
>>18907625
Don't agree. Sane peeps will think like that, however, that bible clearly declares a few critical things.

1. God is the boss.
2. Follow Gods rules or else..
3. Gods word is the bible, God is never wrong and all scripture is true.
4. Scripture is never false.
5. Scripture in its total in Gods written Law, follow or else...
6. If you not follow scripture, you do not follow Gods Law.
7. Everything that goes against scripture is against God and therefor a great sin, which will be punished with cooperation of God.

These things drives the one who actually thinks the bible is worth to respect as a guide to heaven and want to follow it teachings to total madness as it expects from you to block out your own judgment on what is the best choice in any particular situation. Because God or Satan are the ones who let things happen and you should act on that knowledge.
So a Christian is only a Christian if the person does everything in its power to follow those things. Of course men can sin, but the bible pushes you away from regular beings into fanatism. And at that point one is lost.

But if the bible can be proven incorrect, we have more and more chance to keep peeps from escalating to that state of being.
>>
>>18909012
>there are people who sincerely believe the Bible is what causes fanaticism and that if we got rid of the Bible there would be less fanatics

human beings are inherently drawn to extremes, all the bible does is direct that toward something spiritual as opposed to sex, alcohol or cartoon ponies etc...
>>
>>18909101
That's not all it does. It drives people to mentally molest children with adult choices and principles.

The fact that the bible uses the word love a lot and somehow the Christians tried to hijack the word, does not mean Christianity is something positive. The fact they are pushing it like that should make you scratch behind your ears and be more skeptical about the teachings the freely push. And after that there are always peeps who sell books on how to read the bible correct. And the only reason peeps fall for that is because they are blinden by the words 'God' 'Satan' 'Jesus' 'bible'. Every time they hear or read one of those words they get hypnotized and neglect critical objective thinking. All because of the impact of the message (and brainwashing) of the bible and its advocates.
>>
>>18896378
>can you imagine devoting your entire life to a lie?

I mean I still come here thinking there are going to be quality posts to read, so I can probably extrapolate.
>>
>>18909155
this is prime tipping, thank you for taking us here.

children will be "mentally molested" by adult situations whether or not there's a bible. the bible at least gives direction for how to deal with those situations which is a lot more useful than glibly saying "figure it out for yourself :^)" and the bible does more than just talk about love it shows what it looks like. that is the whole point of jesus ministry is to show, not just tell, what love is and if you dont think jesus' message and work are about love that just says more about you than it does about the bible. people are going to be "brainwashed" by whatever the dominant ideology is in their culture so dont act like this is unique to the bible either and again at least the bible is "brainwashing" people to believe in mercy and redemption.
>>
>>18909155
>the fact that the Bible uses the word "love" a lot

You sure about that?
>>
>>18909012
>god is boss

So... argument from authority.
>>
>>18900125
>Why do I need permission to go to uncharted territory?

But you don't. You just have to get your own team, your own transportation, and pay for it all with your own money

Who the fuck is going to stop you?
>>
>>18896378
the bible doesn't say any of that shit though
>>
The whole 6000 years old bullshit comes from the fact that this is the year 6017 in the Masonic calendar.
>>
>>18899879
To keep it real, what does it even matter how old the planet is when humans are the only thing that ever mattered? If humanity as we know it is only 6 or 7000 years old, that in a weird way is how old Earth is, as its how old WE are.
>>
>>18909219
How does the bible talks about mercy, no, how does it shows mercy? It tell a story about a sadistic authority figure who can do all, promises everything, but thinks it best to just keep on killing everyone.
And never keeps his promise but to always pays generations later.
The message of Jesus is simple. You should be humble at all times at all costs.

Those things are not the way to raise a kid who needs to survive in the real world. On top of that you are scaring it about what happens after death. The book is just sick. The brainwashing is not the book itself, but the endless repetition every day all day every moment every year and literally demonize other worldviews. That's the brainwashing.

The bible does not teach mercy and redemption. It is used to make sure peeps are weak, don't question and won't fight back when slapped in the face.
Wow, good way to raise your kids. Make them the laughing stack of civilization. Way to go Christians. If you want to be the fool, it's up to you, but don't cripple your kids like that. That is just pure evil.
You know, wanting to do the right thing and truly meaning it, is something completely different as MAKING TO BEST CHOICE. Christians seem to don't get that. They think that is the same thing.
>>
>>18910798
The guy has a legit argument.
>>
The real earth
>>
Just for the record: I believe the Earth is flat. I am not a Christian and I was not raised into any religion but over the years I have come to understand and believe in the teachings of the various polytheistic systems such as Hinduism and those of Ancient Greece and Egypt. There is certainly a connection between religion and accepting the flat earth as it gives you more of a reference point for such a drastic change of perception, whereas an atheist will have nothing but the heliocentric model of the universe as their model of reality. I was actually looking into the idea of the world being flat a few years ago as a logical conclusion to some of the Eastern concepts I'd been reading. I did a bit of fiddling around with a map and some distances for a while before moving onto something else. The only resource I could find online at the time was the flat earth society which is and always has been a shill venture there to discredit the idea.

Anyway, Eric Dubay is not a Christian and as far as I can tell, he started this whole movement. Mark Sargent was probably the first one to tie it into a biblical perspective and then Rob Skiba is probably the main man spouting it as proof of the Christian God.
>>
File: VF_Spin.jpg (22KB, 278x360px) Image search: [Google]
VF_Spin.jpg
22KB, 278x360px
>>18896378
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.