[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spoopy Stories Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 15

File: 1414932678928.jpg (243KB, 1000x771px) Image search: [Google]
1414932678928.jpg
243KB, 1000x771px
I came across this three years ago and thought that it'd be a good idea to give back to the community that I left around then. There are 16 stories and photographs. You can put them through as much scrutiny as you'd like, they will hold up.

Charlie Noonan was an amateur folklorist who traveled throughout the South and Southwestern United States during the early years of the 20th century, collecting tall tales and stories of the supernatural. According to his wife, Ellie, Charlie was told a story one day by an Oklahoma farmer about a strange woman who lived alone on an isolated property in the panhandle. The farmer claimed the woman was not a woman at all, but something else, something that hid its true nature beneath a headscarf and was never seen without a large dog by its side. Noonan was apparently intrigued enough to try searching for the woman during one of his research road trips. He was never seen again.

Ellie Noonan was later contacted by a Tulsa pawnbroker who remembered reading about her husband’s disappearance in the papers, after finding his name engraved on a camera sold to him by an itinerant. The pawnbroker returned the camera, and Mrs. Noonan had the film inside developed in the hopes of finding a clue as to his whereabouts. This was the only photo on the roll. Unfortunately, neither the location of the property, nor the name of the farmer who told him the story was recorded in Noonan’s notes.
>>
File: 1414932740649.jpg (116KB, 1000x713px) Image search: [Google]
1414932740649.jpg
116KB, 1000x713px
Édouard Martel was an unsuccessful French photographer and inventor who travelled throughout the U.S. during the first two decades of the 20th century, trying to drum up interest and investors for a device that added timer and automatic exposure features to Kodak’s popular line of folding “Brownie” cameras. During his travels he took thousands of automated photos to test and refine his invention. Often he would wake up early, set up a hidden camera in an inconspicuous spot on the streets of whatever city he happened to be in, and then walk to a nearby café or bar, so that he could capture candid scenes of daily life to remember his travels by. The best of these photos were selected for Martel’s one and only gallery show, in Paris, 1924.

Unfortunately, Martel died penniless and unknown in 1955, and it was left to his daughter Jeanne to sort through the boxes and boxes of photos he left behind, to see what should be kept and what could be discarded. During this process she came across this photo, taken in New Orleans on the morning of October 28, 1919, a few hours before Martel boarded a steamer ship and returned to France. It turns out that Martel hated motion blurs in his photographs, because he thought they would reflect badly on the speed and accuracy of his lens mechanism. This prejudice made him cast aside and overlook what was probably the most important photo he ever took.
>>
>>18894686
What makes this photo so special? The night before it was taken, the notorious and still unidentified serial killer known only as “The Axeman of New Orleans” had committed his last murder, hacking Mike Pepitone to death in his bedroom and then fleeing the scene just as Pepitone’s wife was discovering the body. Could this be him returning to his residence? It’s impossible to say, but if it is, the image appears to belie the legend (based on the shaky testimony of Pauline and Mary Bruno, and prevailing prejudice of the time) that only a black man was capable of such savagery.
>>
File: 1414932802248.jpg (130KB, 1000x787px) Image search: [Google]
1414932802248.jpg
130KB, 1000x787px
For years, guests staying in this room at the old Riverside Inn in Jenner, California had complained of feeling watched through the window but it wasn’t until 1964, when a San Francisco travel writer named Michael Irwin thought to set up a timed exposure, that evidence of actual voyeurs was brought to light. Irwin lay on the mostly obscured bed in the foreground and read a book while his camera took a series of long exposures. When he showed this photo to the hotel owner, he was promptly asked to leave. Two days later the owner was dead by his own hand and Irwin was left with a creepy picture and an unsolved mystery. The identities of the children remain unknown.
>>
File: 1414932864838.jpg (66KB, 1000x690px) Image search: [Google]
1414932864838.jpg
66KB, 1000x690px
This photo was taken in 1895 by an amateur spelunker/photographer named Oren Jeffries while exploring an unmapped section of Grand Caverns, in Southwestern Virginia.

At the time it was taken, Jeffries was conducting photographic experiments, using super long exposures to see if anything at all could be captured in the total absence of light—otherwise known as “cave darkness.” He would situate himself on level ground, extinguish his lantern, and then open the lens of his homemade box camera for as long as he could stand the darkness.

During one of these experiments, he heard something approach from the deeper recesses of the cave. Frightened, Jeffries abandoned his experiment and set off one of the Blitzlicht flashes he used for taking traditional photos underground.

According to the report he later gave to a local newspaper, Jeffries saw three “humanoid” creatures staring at him from the shadows and took off running in the other direction and didn’t stop running until he was topside. Several days later, he returned with three other men to retrieve his box camera. This is the image that was recorded on the film inside.
>>
File: 1414932927324.jpg (138KB, 1000x813px) Image search: [Google]
1414932927324.jpg
138KB, 1000x813px
Photo 5: Ida in the Archives

Tim Steward had only been working at the Cumberland County Archives for a little over two months when he took this photo, which allegedly captures the ghost of Ida Clark, an undersized, misshapen child who was taken down there and raped and murdered by her custodian uncle in 1953. In the afterlife, Ida evidently enjoys displacing objects and whispering in the ears of anyone caught alone in the archives. Turnover of the staff there had always been abnormally high, but rumors of this photo have made it almost impossible to keep employees for very long.
>>
File: 1414932988956.jpg (91KB, 1000x499px) Image search: [Google]
1414932988956.jpg
91KB, 1000x499px
Photo 6: The Collinwood Fire

This is the last known photo taken inside the Lake View School in Collinwood, Ohio before it was consumed by fire on March 4, 1908, killing 172 students, two teachers, and one rescuer. The fire started when a ceiling joist ignited from a nearby steam pipe. Flames blocked escape routes, leading to panic and a stampede that trapped a large number of victims in a stairwell, where they were cooked alive. Additional casualties were incurred when burning students jumped from second- and third-story windows. Everyone in this photo perished, except for Mr. Olson, seated at the far right in the back row. The spectral artifacts in the photo remained unexplained.
>>
File: 1414933050946.jpg (202KB, 1000x627px) Image search: [Google]
1414933050946.jpg
202KB, 1000x627px
Photo 7: The Cornfield Cannibal

When Francis Dodson turned seven in 1960, his parents gave him a relatively inexpensive 35mm camera. The following summer, the three of them toured Iowa and Nebraska in a Chevy Apache pickup truck outfitted with an Alaskan camper shell. Fran liked to stay in the camper while his parents drove and take roll after roll of random shots out the back as they rode down the road. He took this one somewhere outside Dubuque. When the roll was developed and his parents saw the photo, they asked Fran what he had seen; he allegedly replied “a dead black man, holding a white man’s head by the hair.” Who or what the photo actually depicts has never been conclusively determined.
>>
File: 1414933112931.jpg (254KB, 895x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1414933112931.jpg
254KB, 895x1000px
Photo 8: What Killed Jane Doe?

Drag marks in the leaves and mud led Ohio hunter Earl Gunthrey to this bizarre scene in 1959. He found the young, still unidentified female victim dead, pale and withered; as if (in his own words) “something had drank her dry.” Her arms were embedded deeply into the soft earth beneath her and pinned back at an extreme angle. Her face was turned away and contorted, as if in pain or terror. Arriving first, a local photographer aiding the police took one quick shot before an overwhelming sense of dread drove him back to the gravel road where he had parked. State police arrived several minutes later but when they returned to the scene the body was gone. Pareidolia is certainly in play, but one can’t help but see in the bushes behind this poor woman some demonic mirror of whatever it was that took her.
>>
File: 1414933174986.jpg (140KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1414933174986.jpg
140KB, 1000x750px
Photo 9: The Disappearances of Mrs. Yurno

During her later years, Josephine Yurno would take a walk every evening at dusk around her beloved neighborhood in Norwich, Connecticut. On November 12, 1935, she set out as usual and never returned. Extensive searches were conducted by a large team of volunteers and the Norwich police force but no sign of her was ever found.

Three years later, Mrs. Yurno was found in front of a neighbor’s house, without a mark on her body and in perfect health. When asked where she had been, Mrs. Yurno was unable to understand the question. From her point of view, no time had passed at all.

Against the advice of her neighbors and her doctor, she refused all medical treatment and resumed her life as if nothing had ever happened, including the nightly walks,.

Another neighbor snapped this shot of her in the fall of 1938. Clouds of smoke from piles of burning leaves give it an appropriately eerie feel.

On the same date in November, 1940, five years after her initial disappearance, Mrs. Yurno vanished again. This time she was never seen again.
>>
File: 1414933237593.jpg (219KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1414933237593.jpg
219KB, 1000x600px
Photo 10: The Harlow Twins

1938, Evergreen Park, IL (outside Chicago). Billy and Stevie Harlow were riding in the front seat with their mother Tammie when their Ford sedan collided head on with a Chrysler. During the collision, the cars spun in such as a way as to impact two additional vehicles. Tammy Harlow survived but the boys were ejected through the windshield and killed instantly. A crime scene photographer from the local paper took this shot as a crew of volunteers worked frantically to free John Downing, the driver of the Chrysler. It appears that little Billy and Stevie stuck around to watch.
>>
File: 1414933582945.jpg (48KB, 1000x858px) Image search: [Google]
1414933582945.jpg
48KB, 1000x858px
Photo 11: The Minister’s Secret

In life, Reverend Alan Yarboro was a respected minister in the small village of Wickford, Rhode Island. In death, he became a regular spirit visitor to the séances held by Ann-Marie Cotilliano, a local medium. During his manifestations, Yarboro (speaking through Cotilliano) would often make cryptic references to a series of secret crimes that he had committed, for which he was never fingered or punished. Concrete details were sketchy and hard to verify, but the things he “said” were horrifying and seemed to involve the ritual dismemberment of several unnamed local children whom Yarboro had evidently abducted and kept imprisoned in a forgotten sub basement of St. Paul’s Episcopal. The photo seen here was the result of an experiment conducted during one of the last of these manifestations. Cotillard invoked Yarboro, as usual, and then at a prearranged signal two attendees tied back the curtains so that a third could take a photo in natural lighting. Opinions differ on whether the distorted visage reflects the torture of the damned or the ecstasy of bloodletting.
>>
>>18894680
https://shortoncontent.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/solved-the-last-photo-of-charlie-noonan/

heres my scrutiny faggot
>>
>>18894686
What am I supposed to be seeing here? I've read the post below and still can't make out anything distinct.
>>
File: 1475781624551.jpg (277KB, 900x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1475781624551.jpg
277KB, 900x1350px
>>18894680
Thank you OP, threads like these are the reason I comeback here.
>>
File: 1492078677773.jpg (171KB, 700x1009px) Image search: [Google]
1492078677773.jpg
171KB, 700x1009px
>>18895013
Yeah, that's great. Well done. Thank you. Because everything needs to be debunked.
>>
>>18894680
>Charlie Noonan
It's an old creepypasta. Been debunked a million times on /x/.
>>
>>18894680
Creepy pic senpai. Wondering if the story and the pic is real...
>>
>>18896459

>You can put them through as much scrutiny as you'd like, they will hold up.
>Wahhh my shit mystery was instantly disproved
>>
>>18896211
look at the doorway. its an incredibly blurry image of a man holding an axe
>>
>>18894680
These are good anon! Thanks for sharing!
>>
>>18896557
Fucking normies get out
Seriously though. The fun and thrill is trying to figure out the mystery with others not being that one faggot who used a Google search so he could be the winrar
>>
Muh pareidolia n blurs
Can't see shit in any of these photos. The stories are interesting but goddamn this was disappointing.
>>
>>18898270
Maybe you need glasses anon.
>>
Good thread OP, I enjoyed it
>>
>>18898291
Maybe you need to stop projecting spoops where no spoops exist
>>
>>18898349
Only in pictures 2 and 8 can I not locate the spoopy
Maybe you need to go back to whatever lame ass forum you spawned from
>>
Very cool thread. Not looking to debunk or figure anything out, but appreciate such spoopyness in a sea of muh schizophrenia. Thanks, OP.
>>
File: 1490909469088.jpg (5KB, 94x121px) Image search: [Google]
1490909469088.jpg
5KB, 94x121px
>>18898352
Which image you having difficult time with? I'll red circle it for ya. pizza cake, bro.
>>
My oldfaggotry is pleased. I remember these. They are creepy in a way few things here are anymore.
>>
>>18898352
That lame ass forum would be here about 7 years ago, so.... sit on a sharp dick and fuck yourself to death?
>>
File: 1474410164047.jpg (11KB, 320x231px) Image search: [Google]
1474410164047.jpg
11KB, 320x231px
>>18898392
>sit on a sharp dick
>>
>>18894719
I don't see it...help?
>>
>>18898392
>here 7 years ago
You mean r/xphiles you blatant newfag?
I can't even find a normal dick to fuck myself with so I wouldn't wait on my death
>>
>>18898118
There was no mystery you tard. It was fake from the beginning
>>
thanks for posting these stories OP, had a good read. hope you're having a fine day, kind sir.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.