[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spirit doesn't exist. The universe is entirely mechanistic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 215
Thread images: 29

File: Gnosis.jpg (102KB, 854x687px) Image search: [Google]
Gnosis.jpg
102KB, 854x687px
Spirit doesn't exist.
The universe is entirely mechanistic.
Humans have no free will.
Nothing happens for a reason.
There is no greater purpose.

Prove me wrong. (Protip: you can't)
>>
>>18893917

>>>/b/
>>
>>18893917
What created the Universe?
>>
>>18893928
It's like a given in a math equation.
>>
And a skelington pops out
>>
>>18893917
What is spirit? Please define it before saying it doesn't exist as this could mean a myriad of things. If you mean some kind of vital essence that exists on after death, that is not really that can be proven to exist or not exist.
Saying the universe is entirely mechanistic means everything happens for a reason.
If you think free will and determinism are truly mutually exclusive you're not woke yet.
Purpose by definition is not something that exists independently of an interpreter.
>>
>>18894099
*[...]not really something that can be proven [...]
>>
>>18893942
Anyone who uses the phrase "math equation" makes it obvious that they never took math/science beyond early high school level.
>>
Hey just a reminder, the prove [thing] Protip you can't! threads are nothing but bait. That is all.
>>
>>18893917
First prove the universe is real

how do you know you aren't being forced to play a video game
>>
Take your shit /b/ tier thread to /b/
>>
>>18893917
Paper 56. Universal Unity

56:0.1.GOD is unity. Deity is universally co-ordinated. The universe of universes is one vast integrated mechanism which is absolutely controlled by one infinite mind. The physical, intellectual, and spiritual domains of universal creation are divinely correlated. The perfect and imperfect are truly interrelated, and therefore may the finite evolutionary creature ascend to Paradise in obedience to the Universal Father's mandate: "Be you perfect, even as I am perfect."
56:0.2.The diverse levels of creation are all unified in the plans and administration of the Architects of the Master Universe. To the circumscribed minds of time-space mortals the universe may present many problems and situations which apparently portray disharmony and indicate absence of effective co-ordination; but those of us who are able to observe wider stretches of universal phenomena, and who are more experienced in this art of detecting the basic unity which underlies creative diversity and of discovering the divine oneness which overspreads all this functioning of plurality, better perceive the divine and single purpose exhibited in all these manifold manifestations of universal creative energy.
>>
>>18894143
Physical Co-ordination
56:1.1.The physical or material creation is not infinite, but it is perfectly co-ordinated. There are force, energy, and power, but they are all one in origin. The seven superuniverses are seemingly dual; the central universe, triune; but Paradise is of single constitution. And Paradise is the actual source of all material universes—past, present, and future. But this cosmic derivation is an eternity event; at no time—past, present, or future—does either space or the material cosmos come forth from the nuclear Isle of Light. As the cosmic source, Paradise functions prior to space and before time; hence would its derivations seem to be orphaned in time and space did they not emerge through the Unqualified Absolute, their ultimate repository in space and their revealer and regulator in time.
56:1.2.The Unqualified Absolute upholds the physical universe, while the Deity Absolute motivates the exquisite overcontrol of all material reality; and both Absolutes are functionally unified by the Universal Absolute. This cohesive correlation of the material universe is best understood by all personalities—material, morontia, absonite, or spiritual—by the observation of the gravity response of all bona fide material reality to the gravity centering on nether Paradise.
>>
>>18894146
56:1.3.Gravity unification is universal and unvarying; pure-energy response is likewise universal and inescapable. Pure energy (primordial force) and pure spirit are wholly preresponsive to gravity. These primal forces, inhering in the Absolutes, are personally controlled by the Universal Father; hence does all gravity center in the personal presence of the Paradise Father of pure energy and pure spirit and in his supermaterial abode.
56:1.4.Pure energy is the ancestor of all relative, nonspirit functional realities, while pure spirit is the potential of the divine and directive overcontrol of all basic energy systems. And these realities, so diverse as manifested throughout space and as observed in the motions of time, are both centered in the person of the Paradise Father. In him they are one—must be unified—because God is one. The Father's personality is absolutely unified.
>>
File: IMG_3394.jpg (80KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3394.jpg
80KB, 500x280px
>>18893917
To fuck or fight. Ain't no wrong now ain't no right. Only pleasure and pain. So what of compassion? Nihilism then? Kek.
>>
>>18894162
Without a belief system, those without higher intelligence, begin to eat each other. It's only a matter of time.
>>
>>18893942
Where the fuck does the math come from? The forms? The blueprints for the existence of the Universe.

Do you truly think something came from nothing? Because if this is how you think and believe, then you pretty much assume that something comes from nothing, which makes no fucking sense. There either always was and IS something, or there never was. You can't just have it both ways.

What's observing the Universe that keeps it in effect? What's observing all of the actions on the microcosmic and macrocosmic level that allows everything in the Universe to exist, operate, and "randomly" affect surrounding bodies?

You know, if a tree falls in the forest and there's no one around to hear it, does it really fall? Well, yes, because there's an OBJECTIVE ULTIMATE OBSERVER, and that is the All That is, the Eternal, the Immutable. It is inconceivable to think otherwise.

This is like some really basic shit and you people are forgetting fundamentals.
>>
>>18894151
Urantia, nice.
>>
>>18893917
You are retarded and a half, the elites do strange rituals in secluded places because they get something out of it, not because of a hobby.
>>
>>18893917
>le edgy nihilist post
>>
>>18893917

We lack information, we can't prove you wrong, but you can't prove yourself right.

The fact that we're programmed through metilation to breed indicates that must be some higher motive that follows the breeding.

That motive could have no purpose, or could be followed by an infinity of other motives that we obviously ignore, and could or couldn't have a purpose.

Basically discussing this has no purpose since we lack a 99'9% of information.
>>
>>18893917
Prove yourself right.

Protip: You can't
>>
OP here. Yes this is a bait thread but I truly am interested in the responses. For a long time I was an agnostic too much of a pussy to call myself an atheist. But the more I read the more I come to realize what feels like an inexplicable order to the universe that feels less likely IMO to be die to random chance than to be some higher power. I decided to create this thread as I'm currently reading Lectures on Ancient Philosphy and it was annoying me that MPH continually talks about higher realms of existence as part of first principles.

>>18895605
Occam's razor is on my side.
>>
>>18896068
Occam's razor says universe can't explode out of nothing bringing everything.
>>
>>18893928
What created your God, kiddo?
>>
>>18896068
You can only explain one's side through personal experience, which isn't exactly possible to convey the belief of such to others

My personal experiences for finding /something/ _more_ than just normal life is reading tarot cards. After the cards are being pulled consecutively in a high number card reading, it kind of hints at the possibility of _more_.
>>
>>18893917
>Spirit doesn't exist.

hehe heheh. Wanna do some experiments for me with ouija and other extra stuff. Unrelated.

>The universe is entirely mechanistic.

How so? tell me more about your experience with the universe?!

>Humans have no free will.

Me ignoring this thread after, totally had to do it. predestiny man.

>Nothing happens for a reason.
learn that truth not unless we consider some good old newtonian physics philosophy every reaction = ? there had to be an original reason or reaction??

>There is no greater purpose.
Have babies and fix what you can in this shit hole... its called survival you mooch.
>Prove me wrong. (Protip: you can't >get me to care to even come back to >respond holmes..)
>>
Read a pop sci book written since the LHC came on line. Read two. It will clear it all up for you. If you still feel a little special, read an older one, read Huxley's The Perrenial Philosophy. Anything you were feeling a little out of step about will be cleared up with a little personal reading. FUCKING READ A BOOK
>>
File: SpaceTime2.png (27KB, 651x588px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceTime2.png
27KB, 651x588px
>>18893917
if you truly believe that you'd off yourself right here right now, there's just some small part of you deep down that REALLY REALLY wishes that everything you're arguing here is wrong. Welcome to the start of spiritual enlightenment anon. Prove me wrong. (Protip: you're a dumbass)
>>
>>18896142
PROTIP- never accept anything offered in the form of a protip. Calling someone a dumbass- ya your spelling- in the same post as purporting to offer spiritual understanding is like huffing gas because you're against global warming.
>>
>>18893917

Materialism has been debunked for ages. If you can't wrap your mind around it, it's because you're not intelligent enough to grasp the principals being discussed.

http://laser.physics.sunysb.edu/~amarch/eraser/
You've been proven wrong.
>>
>>18893917
We have free will on the level at which we exist. The ego is an emergent property of existence and it exists along with all the decisions it makes. Lower level generation of that phenomena is something that the higher level processes could never conceive of in totality so they don't matter.
>>
If Occam prefers the direct way, it would be matter acting from itself instead of spirit-driven matter.
>>
>>18896170
Thank you dated Jungian gibberishman. Get with the new material. If you're tossing that dated old shit around at least get it right. It's not the ego that is to blame, it's not accepting the Shadow and letting it take you down the left-hand path. Ego is the push-over in the deal. Self up, bitch, and take that Hero's journey.
>>
>>18896162
subatomic particles are probabilistic
on a macro scale things aren't
>>
>>18896183
If Whiny the Pooh looked for the honey, the bees would eat themselves for him.
>>
OP doesn't have the capacity or intellect to defend any of positions he asserted. This thread is a failure.
>>
>>18893917
You have let nihilism consume you, good luck with the depression buddy.
>>
>>18896189
Clockwork universe is for cucked bitches who just can't get it done. Face it, some people are fucking useless, perhaps you're one of them. Your failure in no way affects the agency of any other thinking, acting mind.
>>
>>18896193
So we have to discard Occam's Razor in this case. So what, I didn't start with it.
>>
>>18896203
You would use it if you could. You have nothing but a little butthurt feeling to back yourself up with. Spout away, though, I know you will not share anything resembling a reasoned, mature point of view.
>>
>>18896227
The razor worked, but you didn't accept the result.
>>
>>18896193
Wtf does this mean
>>
File: behold-the-man.jpg (37KB, 400x286px) Image search: [Google]
behold-the-man.jpg
37KB, 400x286px
186:2.11.Pilate spoke more truly than he knew when, after Jesus had been scourged, he presented him before the multitude, exclaiming, "Behold the man!" Indeed, the fear-ridden Roman governor little dreamed that at just that moment the universe stood at attention, gazing upon this unique scene of its beloved Sovereign thus subjected in humiliation to the taunts and blows of his darkened and degraded mortal subjects. And as Pilate spoke, there echoed throughout all Nebadon, "Behold God and man!" Throughout a universe, untold millions have ever since that day continued to behold that man, while the God of Havona, the supreme ruler of the universe of universes, accepts the man of Nazareth as the satisfaction of the ideal of the mortal creatures of this local universe of time and space. In his matchless life he never failed to reveal God to man. Now, in these final episodes of his mortal career and in his subsequent death, he made a new and touching revelation of man to God.
>>
You are incorrect.

The universe is governed by absolute intelligence.
>>
>>18896248
He likes to enslave the poor bees.
>>18896262
Fuck off.
>>
>>18896266
That's lucifer not God. God's absolute commitment to free will is why people are able to commit to a life of debauchery.

His forgiveness is everlasting.
His love is never ending.

All we need to do is reject evil and sin. Listen to your conscience.
>>
>>18896162
De-Broglie Bohm has not been disproved dipshit, in fact more evidence recently has been showing that it's true.
>>
>>18896103

Humans created all gods
>>
>>18894099
how was this not /thread
>>
>>18896098
>universe can't explode out of nothing bringing everything
nobody is really claiming this. I am tired of this strawman.
>>
>>18894099
>What is spirit?
the Self; the singular consciousness that inhabits the planes above the material world
>Saying the universe is entirely mechanistic means everything happens for a reason.
no, for something to happen for a reason there needs to be intention and an intender
>>
>>18896068
>too much of a pussy to call myself an atheist.

you're not a pussy for that, alot of them seem to suffer from delusions of grandeur so i can't blame you for being hesitant on calling yourself an atheist. i wouldn't want to be one of them

it's weird to me anyway why people are so quick to put such silly labels on themselves.
>>
File: Chip.jpg (10KB, 243x187px) Image search: [Google]
Chip.jpg
10KB, 243x187px
>>18896188
>Self up, bitch, and take that Hero's journey.

you fukkin buried that cocksucka!
>>
>>18893917

Mechanics equals information. Information is structured data. It can not exist without Mind.

Theory disproven. next.
>>
>>18896329
fail
>>
>>18896342

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYSmV2FlHDw

Nope. Win.
>>
>>18896266
>poor bees

come on lad, next thing you know you'll call the bears they hunt in the traditional russian fashion ''poor defenseless bears''
>>
>>18893917
Prove you're right (protip: you can't) this conversation is pointless move it to R9K depression whore
>>
File: 1492200916678.jpg (143KB, 552x449px) Image search: [Google]
1492200916678.jpg
143KB, 552x449px
>>18893942
>>
>>18894203
the nature of the universe is paradox, you can have it both ways, but in time you see that they are 2 sides of the same coin.
>>
>>18893942
You'll grow out of this phase. Trust me.
>>
>>18893917
Do you understand what infinity means? There is a reality with a god. Every possibility happens.
>>
>>18896343
lmao
hope you are baiting
>>
>>18896103
I don't believe in God. I simply asked What created the Universe?

It's a serious question. Physics can't explain it. Philosophers can't explain it.

No thing can come from nothing. EVERYTHING has a beginning. So what created the Universe?
>>
>>18893917
Prove determinism is real.

Prove I don't have consciousness.

Prove the world is completely mechanistic.
>>
>>18896408
>No thing can come from nothing
Quantum physics says it does: quantum fluctuations
Some quantum physicists even claim matter doesn't exist and there's only information.
>>
>>18896408
Paper 1. The Universal Father

1:0.1.THE Universal Father is the God of all creation, the First Source and Center of all things and beings. First think of God as a creator, then as a controller, and lastly as an infinite upholder. The truth about the Universal Father had begun to dawn upon mankind when the prophet said: "You, God, are alone; there is none beside you. You have created the heaven and the heaven of heavens, with all their hosts; you preserve and control them. By the Sons of God were the universes made. The Creator covers himself with light as with a garment and stretches out the heavens as a curtain." Only the concept of the Universal Father—one God in the place of many gods—enabled mortal man to comprehend the Father as divine creator and infinite controller.
1:0.2.The myriads of planetary systems were all made to be eventually inhabited by many different types of intelligent creatures, beings who could know God, receive the divine affection, and love him in return. The universe of universes is the work of God and the dwelling place of his diverse creatures. "God created the heavens and formed the earth; he established the universe and created this world not in vain; he formed it to be inhabited."
>>
>>18896343
Is signature of the cell worth reading? I've read selfish gene / extended phenotype but haven't been exposed to counter arguments.
>>
>>18896408
>Physics can't explain it. Philosophers can't explain it.
well, there you go. Everything outside our universe is by definition causally disconnected from us. We cant do more than having wild guesses
>>
>>18896456
1. Physical Emergence of Universes
32:1.1.The preuniverse manipulations of space-force and the primordial energies are the work of the Paradise Master Force Organizers; but in the superuniverse domains, when emergent energy becomes responsive to local or linear gravity, they retire in favor of the power directors of the superuniverse concerned.
32:1.2.These power directors function alone in the prematerial and postforce phases of a local universe creation. There is no opportunity for a Creator Son to begin universe organization until the power directors have effected the mobilization of the space-energies sufficiently to provide a material foundation—literal suns and material spheres—for the emerging universe.
32:1.3.The local universes are all approximately of the same energy potential, though they differ greatly in physical dimensions and may vary in visible-matter content from time to time. The power charge and potential-matter endowment of a local universe are determined by the manipulations of the power directors and their predecessors as well as by the Creator Son's activities and by the endowment of the inherent physical control possessed by his creative associate.
>>
>>18896456
2. The Primary Nebular Stage
57:2.1.All evolutionary material creations are born of circular and gaseous nebulae, and all such primary nebulae are circular throughout the early part of their gaseous existence. As they grow older, they usually become spiral, and when their function of sun formation has run its course, they often terminate as clusters of stars or as enormous suns surrounded by a varying number of planets, satellites, and smaller groups of matter in many ways resembling your own diminutive solar system.
57:2.2.800,000,000,000 years ago the Andronover creation was well established as one of the magnificent primary nebulae of Orvonton. As the astronomers of near-by universes looked out upon this phenomenon of space, they saw very little to attract their attention. Gravity estimates made in adjacent creations indicated that space materializations were taking place in the Andronover regions, but that was all.
57:2.3.700,000,000,000 years ago the Andronover system was assuming gigantic proportions, and additional physical controllers were dispatched to nine surrounding material creations to afford support and supply co-operation to the power centers of this new material system which was so rapidly evolving. At this distant date all of the material bequeathed to the subsequent creations was held within the confines of this gigantic space wheel, which continued ever to whirl and, after reaching its maximum of diameter, to whirl faster and faster as it continued to condense and contract.
>>
>>18896456
3. The Secondary Nebular Stage
57:3.1.The enormous nebula now began gradually to assume the spiral form and to become clearly visible to the astronomers of even distant universes. This is the natural history of most nebulae; before they begin to throw off suns and start upon the work of universe building, these secondary space nebulae are usually observed as spiral phenomena.
57:3.2.The near-by star students of that faraway era, as they observed this metamorphosis of the Andronover nebula, saw exactly what twentieth-century astronomers see when they turn their telescopes spaceward and view the present-age spiral nebulae of adjacent outer space.
57:3.3.About the time of the attainment of the maximum of mass, the gravity control of the gaseous content commenced to weaken, and there ensued the stage of gas escapement, the gas streaming forth as two gigantic and distinct arms, which took origin on opposite sides of the mother mass. The rapid revolutions of this enormous central core soon imparted a spiral appearance to these two projecting gas streams. The cooling and subsequent condensation of portions of these protruding arms eventually produced their knotted appearance. These denser portions were vast systems and subsystems of physical matter whirling through space in the midst of the gaseous cloud of the nebula while being held securely within the gravity grasp of the mother wheel.
>>
>>18896622
>>18896631
>>18896634
can you please summarize this word vomit for us?
>>
>>18896456
4. Tertiary and Quartan Stages
57:4.1.The primary stage of a nebula is circular; the secondary, spiral; the tertiary stage is that of the first sun dispersion, while the quartan embraces the second and last cycle of sun dispersion, with the mother nucleus ending either as a globular cluster or as a solitary sun functioning as the center of a terminal solar system.
57:4.2.75,000,000,000 years ago this nebula had attained the height of its sun-family stage. This was the apex of the first period of sun losses. The majority of these suns have since possessed themselves of extensive systems of planets, satellites, dark islands, comets, meteors, and cosmic dust clouds.
57:4.3.50,000,000,000 years ago this first period of sun dispersion was completed; the nebula was fast finishing its tertiary cycle of existence, during which it gave origin to 876,926 sun systems.
57:4.4.25,000,000,000 years ago witnessed the completion of the tertiary cycle of nebular life and brought about the organization and relative stabilization of the far-flung starry systems derived from this parent nebula. But the process of physical contraction and increased heat production continued in the central mass of the nebular remnant.
>>
>>18896456
. Origin of Monmatia—The Urantia Solar System
57:5.1.5,000,000,000 years ago your sun was a comparatively isolated blazing orb, having gathered to itself most of the near-by circulating matter of space, remnants of the recent upheaval which attended its own birth.
57:5.2.Today, your sun has achieved relative stability, but its eleven and one-half year sunspot cycles betray that it was a variable star in its youth. In the early days of your sun the continued contraction and consequent gradual increase of temperature initiated tremendous convulsions on its surface. These titanic heaves required three and one-half days to complete a cycle of varying brightness. This variable state, this periodic pulsation, rendered your sun highly responsive to certain outside influences which were to be shortly encountered.
57:5.3.Thus was the stage of local space set for the unique origin of Monmatia, that being the name of your sun's planetary family, the solar system to which your world belongs. Less than one per cent of the planetary systems of Orvonton have had a similar origin.
>>
>>18896456
. The Solar System Stage—The Planet-Forming Era
57:6.1.Subsequent to the birth of the solar system a period of diminishing solar disgorgement ensued. Decreasingly, for another five hundred thousand years, the sun continued to pour forth diminishing volumes of matter into surrounding space. But during these early times of erratic orbits, when the surrounding bodies made their nearest approach to the sun, the solar parent was able to recapture a large portion of this meteoric material.
57:6.2.The planets nearest the sun were the first to have their revolutions slowed down by tidal friction. Such gravitational influences also contribute to the stabilization of planetary orbits while acting as a brake on the rate of planetary-axial revolution, causing a planet to revolve ever slower until axial revolution ceases, leaving one hemisphere of the planet always turned toward the sun or larger body, as is illustrated by the planet Mercury and by the moon, which always turns the same face toward Urantia.
57:6.3.When the tidal frictions of the moon and the earth become equalized, the earth will always turn the same hemisphere toward the moon, and the day and month will be analogous—in length about forty-seven days. When such stability of orbits is attained, tidal frictions will go into reverse action, no longer driving the moon farther away from the earth but gradually drawing the satellite toward the planet. And then, in that far-distant future when the moon approaches to within about eleven thousand miles of the earth, the gravity action of the latter will cause the moon to disrupt, and this tidal-gravity explosion will shatter the moon into small particles, which may assemble about the world as rings of matter resembling those of Saturn or may be gradually drawn into the earth as meteors.
>>
>>18893917

t. mechanics profesor
>>
>>18896651
I dont know why you spam these wall of text posts to my post without making a point, but just to point it out: we were talking about the "creation" of the universe itself, not how things withing the universe formed
>>
>>18896408
>Physics can't explain it. Philosophers can't explain it.
then what do you expect me to tell you, asshole?
>>
File: rational candylips man.jpg (33KB, 716x537px) Image search: [Google]
rational candylips man.jpg
33KB, 716x537px
>>18896426
if God can break the law of causality, then causality isn't a natural law

If causality isn't a natural law, then the universe doesn't need a creator.

Your argument disproves itself
>>
>>18893917

The universe is a simulation and a hologram.
>>
>>18896765
a simulation of what?
>>
>>18896778
of a universe
>>
>>18896778
a simulation of how far escapism can go
>>
>>18896783
Is there any functional difference between the simulated universe and the actual universe?
>>
File: apotheosis2.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
apotheosis2.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>18893917
>Prove me wrong. (Protip: you can't)

You wouldn't pay attention if I gave you evidence true prophecy is real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtwGue0kiqk

https://youtu.be/8wGUvBELwRU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-geWCdpiPI
>>
>>18893917
>when you done watching rick and morty and reddit is down
Great thread op, saged.
>>
File: richmanlaz2.png (1MB, 1628x858px) Image search: [Google]
richmanlaz2.png
1MB, 1628x858px
>>18893917

Here's some more evidence prophecy is real which would imply the "soul" is real... (in addition to this post: >>18896818)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GoJQxAxEfU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmDbolD4gb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2NCZHg8pAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5oNIZvdrRU
>>
File: bread.png (80KB, 632x765px) Image search: [Google]
bread.png
80KB, 632x765px
>>18893917

In addition to prophecy being real, false prophecy is also real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc4wyApSa0c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2vQph-CPFo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NentEiDb8bw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amY1GABiiyY
>>
>>18896360
>There is a reality with a god. Every possibility happens.
>using the retarded scientific concept of infinite realities to defend the even more retarded concept of a forever-existing God
You understand that if your position were the truth there would be infinite universes without a God too, right? That the chance of us having a God would be 1 in infinity? You used the concept of "everything happens, no matter how dumb, irrational, or implausible" to defend the most outlandish and impossible potentiality, never mind the fact that the multiverse theory is just a theory, with no substantiating evidence, rooted in a failing scientific paradigm of randomness and acausality. You might as well say there's a reality where God is a nigger who robs convenience stores all across his created universe, it's just as true in the context of your statement.
>>
>>18896818
>>18897043
>>18897209
if you're trying to make a point with this shit you're going to have to spell it out a little more
>>
>>18897263
Are you sure this it's the only universe, cause as anything we have observed so far, if it happened once it can happen twice.

>>18897283
He already talks enough, don't poke him.
>>
>>18896408
>No thing can come from nothing. EVERYTHING has a beginning. So what created the Universe?
Your entire position stems from your idea of what "nothing" is. In truth, there is no such thing as "nothing" in terms of absolute non-existence. "Nothing" is "something" in the form of dimensionless energy. Prior to the big bang, everything existed within a dimensionless singularity (not an arbitrarily small dot floating around in cosmic non-existence waiting to explode at some arbitrary time). The big bang itself can be viewed as everything being produced from "nothing", but there is no creation or magically pulling existence from non-existence, only the transformation of dimensionless energy to dimensional energy. Always remember that energy cannot be created or destroyed and thus is eternal, regardless of whether it can be physically observed.
>>
Has Neil Degrass Tyson ever explained why he believes in God? I know Francis Crick was a believer too. Would be interesting to compile a list of eminent scientists that make their cases for a Creator (which I guess would just be the demiurge, lel)
>>
OP here. I do personally find the Big Bang to be one of the best pieces of evidence for an Absolute ala the mystery schools. And that it totally affirms the dot-line-circle analogy is pretty neat.
>>
I have now checked every single thread and there's not one paranormal thread on this board right now.

No one's out looking for ghosts. No one with shitty RP and cellphone camera pictures of weird shadows.

Nothing.

If spirituality got it's own board Hiroshima might as well seriously delete /x/.
>>
>>18893917
You're just as fucking stupid as the people that think everything is God; you also have the same kind of proof, belief.

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>18897322
Wow it sounds like SOMEBODY has a life *snicker*
>>
>>18897300
I believe having read that Neil deGrasse Tyson thinks that we are likely living in a computer simulation.
>>
>>18893917
>Humans have no free will.

If we don't have free will then things happen for a reason.
>>
>>18897357
See >>18896306
>>
>>18896306
>for something to happen for a reason there needs to be intention and an intender

So you are telling me matter decay happens for no reason at all?
>>
>>18897357
>If we don't have free will then things happen for a reason
why?
>>
>>18897330

Heh, probably not but Jesus Christ. At least we pretended paranormal shit happened every now and then and fired up a good creepypasta thread.

Believe it or not, /x/ was once an active board where half the threads were literally "watch me explore [location] for spooks!".

How long has it been since you've seen one of those threads?
>>
>>18893917
>no free will
>creates a thread on own his free will
>>
File: 1431704786158.jpg (582KB, 1600x1131px) Image search: [Google]
1431704786158.jpg
582KB, 1600x1131px
>>18893917
>prove me wrong
Prove yourself right first. You have nothing to back your claims but ask the audience to give you information disproving you. Do you see the problem there? Cause it's a pretty big logic-hole.
>>
>>18897402
Because that means things are already pre-determined to happen.
>>
>>18897410
no anon it was him density to make the thread GOD DECIDED HE GON DO IT SO HE DUN IT BUT GOD DIN GIVE US NO SOLS SO THATS WHY WE DUN WHAT HE WANT ME DO

fucking idiot baka lern to reddit alredy keklolstein
>>
>>18897291
>Are you sure this it's the only universe, cause as anything we have observed so far, if it happened once it can happen twice.
A good point, but it doesn't take into account that our universe perfectly obeys rational laws and is not subject to any strange acausality. You'd think that in a multiverse of infinite possibilities we would have to be pretty damn lucky to get a completely stable universe (interesting concept here, could an irrational universe even exist? would it not be so unstable from it's inherent contradictions that nothing could ever physically come to be in it?) where no acausality can be observed and evidently everything obeys rational principles.

Like Leibniz observed, the fact that we live in a causal universe entirely obeying rational principles capable of giving rise to all the thing we know including life, seems to suggest that we're in the best possible reality (according to Leibniz, the best possible world is the one that is simplest in terms of it's laws, and richest in terms of phenomena), which would be very unlikely in an infinite multiverse. Obviously this isn't any disproof of an infinite multiverse, but it's enough to make me seriously doubt it's existence until there is actual scientific evidence to the contrary (which would seemingly be impossible to obtain).
>>
>>18897426
>says density
>really meant dynasty
>>
>>18897436
To summarize, for every possibility to exist would imply that we got lucky to a wildly improbable degree
>>
>>18897414
That would imply to me that things dont happen for a reason. They just happen. But yeah, I guess the semantics on that phrase are a bit all over the place
>>
>>18897436
>You'd think that in a multiverse of infinite possibilities we would have to be pretty damn lucky to get a completely stable universe
I dont really think so. Seems like complex life needs some stable conditions and wouldnt evolve that way or at all in a wild and chaotic universe
>>
File: chuck2.jpg (49KB, 564x451px) Image search: [Google]
chuck2.jpg
49KB, 564x451px
>>18897283
>if you're trying to make a point with this shit you're going to have to spell it out a little more

Well, when I was a kid I wanted to serve God more than anything, I eventually became an atheist because I was unable to reconcile the Bible with itself - then I "met God" exactly the way an "orthodox" pagan would expect to meet God. I'm showing you that prophecy converges on me as a nexus with the intent, I guess, to prove to the world that God is real - but that God isn't and never will be what the Jewish book says God is. God is apparently real and God HATES the Bible. Given that I was an atheist, I'm surprised as others might be to find out I've has a bulls-eye and a crown put on me by some sort of superhuman entity that is apparently capable of controlling other humans (e.g. the Moirai/Fates).

Because the Jewish book is full of blasphemy it makes people not fearful of the gods and therefore prone to amorality - or they fear the Jewish "god" who is a false god.

For example, I used to wear the exact same robe as "Chuck" in the show Supernatural - but I've never seen the show, just some clips. And I have a tattoo in honor of "chaos" and death. I can't find the robe anymore but I'm telling the truth I had it, and it's not remotely the biggest concern about the evidence I have of a superhuman entity "selecting me."

"On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: king of kings and lord of lords." - Revelation 19:16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm0_4BW8yHc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inN1-NvmAtQ

This guy, Cedric Bixler-Zavala, from my favorite band seems to have prophesied about The Imperial Cult as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_WQfCusWEo

>>18897291

I'm trying to show you some apparently scary truths about our universe. You can examine the evidence or not. I'm just happy I got to see God but it makes me scared because a many on the Earth is worshiping Moses who is a proven fraud and whom Jesus said was a fraud.
>>
Fuck u all
>>
>>18897407
Quite a while. IDK what you're talking about I come here for the tulpas and succubi! Which (i probably should knock on wood) I haven't seen a lot of lately.
>>
>>18897477
>Seems like complex life needs some stable conditions and wouldnt evolve that way or at all in a wild and chaotic universe
That's my entire point, rationally speaking there would be infinitely more possible combinations of irrational laws that would govern realities where nothing complex could ever exist, and only one possible reality where everything obeys consistent rational mathematical laws enabling total causality and giving rise to the development of life (our reality). The premise of an infinite multiverse implies EVERY possibility, including the infinite chaotic realities that never give rise to life (presumably some could never even give rise to matter), so the idea that we live in the one entirely causal, rational universe obeying mathematical laws that CAN give rise to life would imply that out of that infinity of possibilities we got what could literally be described as the best possible outcome.

It makes far more sense to conclude that the universe always obeys rational principles and causality than to conclude that we got the one best world out of infinite unstable/irrational/broken possibilities. It's like the saying that if you sit a bunch of monkeys in a room with a typewriter they'll eventually produce Shakespeare, in fact you'd be insanely lucky if they could even string two words together in any meaningful way.
>>
File: 1489781114535.png (315KB, 531x502px) Image search: [Google]
1489781114535.png
315KB, 531x502px
>>18893917
Normally I'd Jesus post, because the Biblical description of God as an external system to our own existence in this plane is the most realistic explanation. But, I'm tired of hearing about the Christian God. Here we are as humans, put here on a planet, told to do certain things that go against our programming, for the "greater good". Yet I can't see anything such as a "greater good". We exist in a place past dualism, why would I need to be good or bad or weigh things in such a manner. Also in the Christian bible the human race is relegated to die on Earth and everything passes with the Christian God since he is the end. Even then though life is supposed to be so precious, he wipes it all out and makes it cheap. Yet humanity makes the price too damn high. Literally nobody asked to fucking exist, why the hell should anybody have to fucking pay for it?

As for what is "spirit", it's your temporal compass so infinite beings can continuously ground themselves through you, so they can experiment on you. Humanity should consider the "Heavens" an existential level threat. They should be annihilated as quickly as humanly possible. Same with these "spirits" of the Earth. They don't belong. The heavens, whoever is there, and somebody is in this endless fucking infinity. Should be dropping brochures on evolution and knowledge general. Instead they tell a species they made themselves not to touch space. Even though they knew we would eventually be able to.
>>
Energy cannot be created or destroyed. Everything in our Universe is energy translations.

Matter is vibrational energy (temperature makes it solid) that travels laterally(sine wave), so it is limited by space restrictions (speed of light).

Spirit is electrogravitic energy (temperature/intensity makes it visible, like in the case of lightning/fire) that travels longitudinally (cosine wave), so it is limited by time restrictions (avoiding the creation of time paradoxes).

Since our awareness is focused on matter by default, we can shape spatial objects easier. "Spirits", the ones focused on temporal objects, struggle to interact with space how we struggle to interact with time. Space/time come from the same energy Source (what many people call the original Creator). We call time a 4th dimension because mathematically, it can be manipulated under the right conditions.

Nikola Tesla's fundamental science was more accurate about gravity/time than Albert Einstein's, though Einstein's model does give matching formulas to many approximations. It is like the difference between using a square root and approximating it.

Under these conditions, the Big Bang was likely an event planned by "Spirits" (those who manipulate time easily, but not space). Infinite time would evolve beings faster than infinite space. Simplest explanation (Occam's Razor) is that it is a hypersphere (3-sphere) passing through a 3D space. This is analogous to a ball passing through the 2D space in the middle of a doorway. It creates the expansion and contraction from the spatial perspective, and friction/resistance from the ball/space interaction (like a screen door that can be passed through) would create the energy that we see as matter.

All time possibilities that exist are because spatial entities (us) or temporal entities (Spirits) wanted to steer the space/time energies in different directions. Alternate timelines in time is analogous to alternate countries in space/matter.
>>
>>18897604
Thanks for the summary anon. The Universe still doesn't make any sense though. I'm sure though, when a scientist looks as closely at particle energy as he can. One day he will see himself in the microscope looking at the same microscope.
>>
>>18897604
Oh, and most religious/spiritual beliefs are people trying to figure out the politics of what the "Spirits" have done/are doing/will do. Just as in our politics, the information we recieve is likely full of lies, propaganda, and half-truths. I would go into my understanding of it, but the posts would be massive. Also, politics seems to be mostly irrelevant in observing the fundamental laws of the Universe. I've already posted a general summary of it on a different site more appropriate for that sort of thing.
>>
>>18897560
The chaotic nature of life and the universe can argued for still, all rules and laws are only aplicable in our personal framework of the universe, we see the stars from here, and there's chance I admit slim, that the physic laws only look like they do if observed from our point of view.

Time it's a really complex concept to correlate to causality, cause in time chimps could evolve to humans and Shakespeare chimp will emerge, as least that's how it will work in a universe, where evolution obeys the pre-set rules it got so far.
>>
File: TheDarkApoth.jpg (369KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDarkApoth.jpg
369KB, 1326x854px
>>18897563
>. Also in the Christian bible the human race is relegated to die on Earth and everything passes with the Christian God since he is the end. Even then though life is supposed to be so precious, he wipes it all out and makes it cheap.

The Christian God isn't Moses - the "Christians" just think he is because the Jews stuck the gospels in with the rest of their bullshit and said it's all 100% the word of God. But anyone can say that:

"This statement is the incontrovertible word of God and the Pentateuch is a lie."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7Z99cGSfzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZVY-pGDsN4
>>
>>18897712
That only applies if the hebrew God it's the real one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Th-M4GaiU
>>
>>18893917
No. We are all out of synch. We are chaotic. The universe has no rule.
>>
>>18896712
It seems like it's an answer that isn't a wild guess.
>>
>>18897718
The Hebrew God is the most Godly being I have ever heard of, and the most worthy of worship. They describe him with metaphysical detail they couldn't possibly have understood at the time. But he's so distant and loving, I get mad at this being a lot. I really wish God might just come to Earth ffs. I love the guy to bits.
>>
>>18897604
Pretty cool anon. Share more!
>>
>>18896068
who said that occam's razor actually holds in the first place?
>>
>>18897999
well whats your criticism of it?
>>
File: 1485390105184.jpg (106KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1485390105184.jpg
106KB, 800x600px
>>18893917
>Spirit doesn't exist
>No free will

Then who's making the decisions, ya dingus?!
>>
>>18897999
Occam's razor isn't a rule, it's a thinking tool. On average, against competing hypotheses, the hypothesis with fewer assumptions (all else being equal) will tend to be the right one.
>>
>>18898039
making decicions is not the same as having free will
>>
>>18898039
When I break billiards, why do the balls move?
>>
>>18897753
Urantia Book

PART I - The Central and Superuniverses
Paper 1. The Universal Father
1:0. Paper 1. The Universal Father
1:1. The Father's Name
1:2. The Reality of God
1:3. God is a Universal Spirit
1:4. The Mystery of God
1:5. Personality of the Universal Father
1:6. Personality in the Universe
1:7. Spiritual Value of the Personality Concept
Paper 2. The Nature of God
2:0. Paper 2. The Nature of God
2:1. The Infinity of God
2:2. The Father's Eternal Perfection
2:3. Justice and Righteousness
2:4. The Divine Mercy
2:5. The Love of God
2:6. The Goodness of God
2:7. Divine Truth and Beauty
Paper 3. The Attributes of God
3:0. Paper 3. The Attributes of God
3:1. God's Everywhereness
3:2. God's Infinite Power
3:3. God's Universal Knowledge
3:4. God's Limitlessness
3:5. The Father's Supreme Rule
3:6. The Father's Primacy
Paper 4. God's Relation to the Universe
Paper 5. God's Relation to the Individual
Paper 6. The Eternal Son
Paper 7. Relation of the Eternal Son to the Universe
Paper 8. The Infinite Spirit
Paper 9. Relation of the Infinite Spirit to the Universe
Paper 10. The Paradise Trinity
>>
>>18898041
yeah but it's being used like a surefire way to find the right approach

which it isn't
>>
File: 1280px-Ironbridge2.jpg (137KB, 1280x849px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Ironbridge2.jpg
137KB, 1280x849px
>>18893917
Of course we can't prove you wrong, because to prove something requires physical evidence. Physical evidence is part of the math of the universe.

If you don't feel an underlying meaning to your life or life in general, then I feel sorry for you and hope you find some source of joy.
>>
>>18898061
>eah but it's being used like a surefire way to find the right approach
by whom? it is more like a guideline
>>
>>18896068
>it was annoying me that MPH continually talks about higher realms of existence as part of first principles
Not your fault, it's an inability of the materialist mindset to comprehend anything beyond its own sensory existence. You'd have to have the mindset of a rationalist to understand that the basis of reality cannot logically be defined by human sensory experience, given that sensory experience is itself a product of evolution. Empiricism is predicated on the argument that ultimate reality must be detectable by the human senses, hence anything that may be beyond what can be detected by human senses and experiments is regarded by the scientific paradigm as unreal (and yet they are more than happy to endlessly support metaphysical theories such as the multiverse, or interpretations of quantum mechanics where things don't have definite properties if they aren't being measured, which have no material evidence but are used to support their view that everything is random and without reason).
>>
File: ImperialCult.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ImperialCult.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>18897753
>>18897718

>The Hebrew God is the most Godly being I have ever heard of, and the most worthy of worship. They describe him with metaphysical detail they couldn't possibly have understood at the time. But he's so distant and loving, I get mad at this being a lot. I really wish God might just come to Earth ffs. I love the guy to bits.

Is this satire? The Hebrew "god" is a collection of edicts for mass murder, rape, and terror - anyone can write a sadistic psycho killer's manifesto in the name of God. Moses is a proven fraud and Jesus said he was a fraud 2000 years ago.

"But do not think I will accuse you before the Father. Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set." - Jesus

"If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about [blasphemed] me (God)." - Jesus

"Very truly, I tell you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but it is my Father who gives you the true bread from heaven." - Jesus

"You are indeed doing what your father does.” They said to him, “We are not illegitimate children; we have one father, God himself.” Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now I am here. I did not come on my own, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot accept my word. You are from your father the devil, and you choose to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me." - John 8:41-45

"What does it profit a man if he gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?" - Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEwWlDBxQY
>>
Spirit does exist.
The universe is entirely random
Humans have free will.
Everything happens for a reason.
There is greater purpose.

Prove me wrong. (Protip: you
>>
>>18896068
>Occam's razor is on my side.
Also worth noting on this point that if you wish to say randomness is the driving force in the universe you're in the same camp as the many-worlds theorists who say that things happen randomly because every non-deterministic possibility is realized in it's own universe. Saying that a new universe is created for every imaginable possibility is pretty much the supreme violation of Occam's razor, in opposition to a universe where a single probability is realized by a specific cause / for a specific reason.
>>
File: image.jpg (247KB, 762x762px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
247KB, 762x762px
>Spirit doesn't exist

Granted. But I would argue that matter has the traditional properties of spirit.

>The universe is entirely mechanistic
>Humans have no free will

Again, granted.

>Nothing happens for a reason
>There is no greater purpose

If an object returns to it's original position in space, it forms a closed timelike loop. Such a loop has a requirement; a stable past of cause and effect. This means that if you knock the object, say, 0.5m to the left at any point in the loop, you would create a Grandfather Paradox.

The theory used to avoid this paradox suggests that a new, second particle appears out of nowhere - in fact, an entire new universe emerges in a flash, and the two universes are eternally separate.

A blackhole is unique in this sense because of 'spaghettification' - all particles that go through it are forced into a very narrow curved beam that eventually backs up, forming a fountian of protons, electrons, gamma rays and x-rays that erupts from the blackhole in a curved arc tens of thousands of LY's long that eventually is fed back into the blackhole. Such fountains are suggested to fuel the creation of stars.

If we imagine each seperate universe to be related to all other universes in a fractal way, we can suggest that what we perceive to be time is actually meta-universal travel. Each planck second is a complete, seperate universe. An infinite number of universe-moments exist for all quantum possibilities.

You can also have meta-closed timelike loops, and meta-meta... etc. Your path through all of this is as predetermined as a rain drop.
>>
>>18898140
>Saying that a new universe is created for every imaginable possibility is pretty much the supreme violation of Occam's razor
While it sounds like one of the weirdest ones, it actually doesnt make more assumptions than the rest of the common interpretations of QM. It is in fact simpler than the copenhagen interpretation for example.
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 539x567px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 539x567px
>>18898144

But these meta-loops have a problem - they violate causality, because they can form meta-meta loops and so forth. Why? Because you could dump matter and energy back into the original loop, and to prevent a Grandfather Paradox the matter and energy can't be taken from one point on the loop and given to another.

So basically, E = Infinite, and M = Infinite. Any finite portion of Infinity is incapable of being used to compose a computer capable of computing Infinity. That means that no brain will ever be able to take everything into account - the very act of modfiying a quantum state for computational purposes creates another universe which has to be computed.

If you can't compute it, you can't make a perfect choice every time. That means other beings can't either. The number of possible results of our interactions is derived from an Infinite number of meta-loops, and so is Infinite.

Not only are we scripted - we can never know the script. So the illusion of free will can never be overcome.
>>
>>18898184

2 - (0:1.12) The absonite level of reality is characterized by things and beings without beginnings or endings and by the transcendence of time and space. Absoniters are not created; they are eventuated—they simply are. The Deity level of Ultimacy connotes a function in relation to absonite realities. No matter in what part of the master universe, whenever time and space are transcended, such an absonite phenomenon is an act of the Ultimacy of Deity.
>>
>>18897965
Am >>18897604 >>18897694 Anon, responding again since you asked. Since space is fairly well documented, I'll mostly talk about time. This is my understanding, and I am still investigating this.

We experience time as a 1-dimensional phenomenon where, for the most part, we travel in the same single direction at the same speed. This single dimension is our actual past, present, and future in space/time. This is way too much information for our meat brains, so we process it a piece at a time (in the now moment). Our brains keep track of successive now moments while traveling, and the previous now moments are memory.

The second dimension of time is similar to that of space. Different decisions made by space/time entities create timeline branches, and the largest branches are those connected to shared, impactful events (Hiroshima/Nagasaki bomb dropped). "Spirits" use these major branch points to locate events they want to alter. This is why many "aliens" showed up suddenly after WW2. There are smaller branches from choices like what food you ate this morning, but they tend to converge back onto the main timeline you were on. Displacement onto a timeline you never have been on before is the Mandela Effect, while visions/deja vu is a temporary peek forward on an upcoming probability branch. Many things could create such a displacement.

In theory, there is also a 3rd time dimension, though it would be exceedingly difficult to explore it. This third dimension is the areas around the timelines that do not represent probabilities. This would include laws of physics that do not exist, energy translations that cannot occur in time/space, and time paradoxes. Since introduction of any of these to a timeline could corrupt/destroy the connected lines, trying to invoke these paradoxes is not recommended. The politics (religion/spirituality) of our timeline is mostly identifying/blaming which "Spirit" introduced the 3D time corruption that is present.
>>
>>18898195

Urantia, right? What if I told you I flipped through it over a decade ago? It might very well have taught me some of what I wrote.
>>
>>18898281
It was written during the same time frame as mph began secret teaching of the ages.

Now we've got sadhguru for wholesome guidance
>>
>>18893917
You made the claims, you present your evidence.
>>
>>18896360
There's this saying about how there's an infinite amount of numbers between 1 and 2, none of which is 3.
>>
File: 1488567912246.png (286KB, 889x592px) Image search: [Google]
1488567912246.png
286KB, 889x592px
>>18896200
>Letting nihilism depress you
>>
>>18896200 Yeh faggot

Its like this>>18898406

Grow a pair of balls
>>
>>18893917
The universe's existence in and of itself is a miracle. An explosion of life in a void of complete nothingness defies The Laws of Physics. If unexplainable shit like this can happen who's to say that there isn't more to life than the observable universe? Anything goes.
>>
>>18897604
But can't we view time as an emergent property of matter? In an empty universe time would not exist. We percent time based upon how matter interacts with itself.
>>
>>18893917
Astral project my friend, and all your answers shall be answered.
>>
>>18898439
>explosion of life in a void of complete nothingness
You don't know shit about physics m80
>>
>>18898480
I've tried, unsuccessfully. Tips?
>>
>>18894082
Math IS God you fuck
>>
>>18898510
keep trying. literally. ive been on a 2 year streak now that i cant project due to my inability to actually practice and mediate correctly. When i was a bit younger it came naturally.

I could though reccomend trying the method where you sleep and wakeup around 4-5 pm, and then try and lie on your back and meditate until you reach vibrational status.

I am no physicist, nor mathematician, nor scientist. Yet i am an alchemist, due to the findings i have done of my own soul after projecting a plethora of times along with practicing the occult and evoking entities.

Take my word with a grain of salt of course, these are just my own late night ramblings. Good luck broski.
>>
File: 1.jpg (84KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
84KB, 500x500px
>>18894099
This just woke me.
>>
>>18898042
Yes it is.

>>18898043
Because you hit them.
>>
Then why do you draw pleasure from creating such a thread?

Do you really think you are just being amused by an idea that you play out in the "vacuum" that is your concsiousness?

Perhaps there is a reason why social situations have some sort of collective feeling to them. Perhaps there is always something going along when human beings exchange information or anything really.

Perhaps there are metaphysical reasons for these things.

Even if not, the fact that you exist right now and are able to experience reality should show you that there is more to it then it seems.

But if you want to be part of a contemporary status quo by having the mindset you have right now then go ahead.
>>
>>18893917
what you're propoing is like having the paintings discuss and reveal their maker

observing the universe in it's beautiful mechanics says nothing about the engineer behind it
>>
>>18898561
disturbing image. source?
>>
>>18898109
I haven't touched any Imperial Cult stuff because it comes off as Satanic Revisionism. If you can tell my why such a thing isn't people being fooled by the devil, I am looking for the Truth. I do refuse to Give up Jesus though. He was too good, regardless of God.
>>
>>18896425
>Quantum physics says it does: quantum fluctuations
Where did Quantum fluctuations originate?

>>18897297
Your entire post is nonsense.
>>
>>18899382
According to Hans-Peter Dürr, a physicist, matter is being created by our spirit. We are God. He also said, this process is irreversible. Matter cannot be reversed to spirit.
But he is dead. As a spirit he might be biased.
>>
>>18893917
Prove yourself right
>>protip: you cant
>>
File: baal.jpg (530KB, 1301x845px) Image search: [Google]
baal.jpg
530KB, 1301x845px
>>18899377
>I do refuse to Give up Jesus though. He was too good, regardless of God.

The gospels are Imperial Cult documents. Jesus is apparently a murdered God-King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWfTv-fmhhs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkEwWlDBxQY
>>
>>18893917
>bunch of statements with no evidence provided
>"prove me wrong dumbass btw u cant lol"
ok
>>
Ignore OP, he's just a fedora who pesters the place lately and calls schizophrenic anybody who has had an experience, he was asked to provide evidence of schizophrenia and couldn't and had to shut up when comfronted with videos about psychiatry being a scam that hurts people.
>>
>>18899458
take your meds
>>
>>18899464
I don't take orders from beggars nor hobos like you.
>>
>>18899508
I'm the doctor. You wait on the waiting list. Patients been here since this morning I dismiss
>>
>>18899458
To say that "schizophrenia" doesn't exist - well, I'm on the verge of taking offense at that. This is a real and horrible disease, one that has blighted my family, and one I know all too well. To have someone state that it doesn't exist is deeply objectionable to me.
>>
>>18899527
>>18899532

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztpFQssFoyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYyUVo0Lsck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-iC-R10_Bw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xiThCxcfh8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt3geuagYvk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLpBy25-wqE
>>
>>18899541
>it is another "I have all my knowledge from yt videos and am completely unable to formulate an argument myself" episode

yeah, take your meds
>>
>>18899568
>Insults are better than evidence :D
>>
>>18899571
Well, ironically enouigh, claiming that schizophrenia is not real, is pretty schizo itself, since you are literally denying reality. It is like saying "trees dont exist" or "my farts dont stink" - I dont have to watch """""evidence""""". I can just dismiss this gibberish right away.

Take your meds
>>
>>18897043
Pharaohs go back at least a 100 years, to the 32nd century BC, possibly even to the 33th-35th century BC.
>>
>>18896759
>law of causality
Uh, God can do what ever he wants, including breaking laws and creating new ones at a whim, and I'm not sure how that text implies breaking the law of causality anyways. Perhaps we don't fully understand the universal level of cause and effect.
>>
>>18896306
>tfw OP have no idea how chemical bonds are working
>>
>>18893917
so you mean to say even if i pushed you off a cliff that my pushing you is not a reason for it happening?
>Prove me wrong. (Protip: you can't)
i just did. not so tough now are we?
>>
>>18894203
Yep. Something came from nothing, because nothingness is inherently unstable. Something was bound to happen eventually. That something became more and more complex, like a domino effect. And then came us. Kind of like a cosmic accident, or strange anomaly in the universe. There is no god.
>>
>>18893917
I wish the material world was as beautiful as it's depicted in all of these gnosis images
>>
>>18902428
>Something came from nothing, because nothingness is inherently unstable.
In order to verify this theory, it must be possible to take the word 'nothingness' literally and replace it with 'nothing' and see, if the sentence still makes sense:

Something came from nothing, because nothing is inherently unstable.

Or by reformulating the sentence:

Something came from nothing, because everything is inherently stable.

Both seem not to be true.

Maybe we just have to change the view:

There is no origin. The World has always been and it just appears to us as a Big Bang in process.
>>
>>18902428
>Yep. Something came from nothing, because nothingness is inherently unstable.
>nothingness is inherently unstable.
>nothingness unstable.
then why is there so much void "nothingness", and how does matter interact with it without causing catastrophic collapses in the event horizon if this "nothingness" is so unstable/
>>
File: skippy.s02e01.av4.jpg (109KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
skippy.s02e01.av4.jpg
109KB, 512x384px
>>18893917
What does the word 'spirit' means to you?
It does exist obviously, but there might be some argument about its weight. The weight of that word or phrase that is.

The universe is more then just mechanism. There is intelligence in the living. There are lies. Jokes. Although your can utter a joke is a mechanical principal, that's just rhetoric.

Humans have a free will. You can choice to be quiet in the cinema or not. It is your choice to do so or not.

There is no universal game plan.

>>
>>18893917

The stars never change their relative positions. I wouldn't be surprised if the night sky was some kind of shield or projection, and the sky really looks like pic.
>>
>>18899589
Insults are still not evidence, I have yet to see actual schizoprhenia at work, while I only have seen people with alleged problems, it seemed more another case that a magical disease that won't go away with the brain damage done by those meds you so much love, what I haven't seen though, is a fundamental biological basis for disease, which is what I argue, and again, like I said, I have studied the subject, which you haven't.
>>
>>18896142
>a good point.

I'd like to think the mechanisms of frequency and light are the main spectrum for our specific visage of life, and spirituality across dimensions
(3D vs 4D vs 5D etc)
Deguising the perception of time as linear and entering into your own heart as frequency and light; this becomes easily perceivable even if only through conceptual understandings.
We forget how many more multifacet comprehensions are layered over the same surfaces as our 3 dimensional world and missed because of our limited perception, or consciousness.
How conscious are you in daily life?

The limit or border to this reality (even if simulated) is irrelevant because there's such a high ceiling and you can physically alter your life or self through a litany of tools you have already been provided with either through society or by birthright .
If this is a simulation it seems like a test in that at any moment you can make the choice through consciousness or mindful thinking and immediately re-immerse yourself introspectively in pleasure, love, pain, and these other very penetrating emotions.
Why provide the opportunity for growth if this is all a simulation
Even if the universe is simply great polarizations and a gradient in between: the fact that we have the ability to perceive these things are wonderful or damaging is a very sacred thing.
Even if there is no one to thank; your pixel through space, time, and physicality is the result of something we are invested and submerged within.

In this day and age it's alpha as fuck to develop a unbreakable relationship with yourself and use perception to live the best life you can while the monkeys run around screeching and being 2 dimensional animals
>>
Let me take that fedora off your head and tell you that if this is really true, then you shouldn't feel solace or joy in knowing that after you die nothing happens and you're completely alone in the dirt,
>>
>>18904052
Death isn't real.
Transitions in everything
A cyclical life turned cynical through strife
>>
why is /pol//x/ so much better than /x/?

people here are such garbage people with their stupid bad explanations and everyone is writing like they're in some sort of sect, just that everyone is in a different kind of sect and no one actually listens to one another

this board is garbage
>>
>>18904302
This is the first board that a newfag /b/tard crawls into when he gets disillusioned with trap porn, and is also the only place on 4chan where underage drama queen tumblrinas have the least chance of getting triggered. The worst people on the internet gather here.
>>
>>18904302
>>18904338
i think the bar for intelligence is set a bit higher on /pol/, plus /x/ tends to attract more children and schizos
>>
File: hume.jpg (17KB, 340x275px) Image search: [Google]
hume.jpg
17KB, 340x275px
Mfw
>>
>>18904338
No I think the worst are on random - look at what they post.
>>
>>18896068
>Occam's razor is on my side.
Not really, because we don't really know what 'simplest' possible explanation means in metaphysical terms. The world having a creator and a world being created from nothing both require basic assumptions. That it came to exist and hasn't always been, for one.
>>
>>18893917
Humans don't have free will in the way we normally take it, but the universe itself sure as hell does and we're all part of that.
>>
This thread is a good example of why Buddha said that these kinds of existential questions can act as a net for the mind.

It is impossible to be certain of the answer while we are part of this system, and so any discussion of them will, left for too long, turn to stubborn dogmatic defence of unprovable ideas on both sides.
>>
>>18902854
Well, that's because mental illnesses don't have 'fundamental biological basis' in all cases.

It's not like it's a certain pattern of brain chemistry that appears the same in every person diagnosed. It's a behavioural diagnosis, like most mental illness. I don't agree with everything he says but Foucalt was right in saying that the difference between mental illness and personality is pretty much a matter of opinion. A lot of mental illnesses can quite easily also be described as personality traits that worry or scare others.
>>
>>18896408
The universe was never created- it simply always was. Creation is mans idea.
>>
>>18906211
Creation it's sacred.
>>
>>18893917
Spirit exists.
The universe is entirely non-mechanistic.
Humans have free will.
Everything happens for a reason.
There is a greater purpose.

fuckin a op
>>
File: DSC_0534.jpg (65KB, 1600x1059px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0534.jpg
65KB, 1600x1059px
On two separate occasions I have opened circles in the sky above me, by INTENT alone.
Both during strong emotional/spiritual moments.
One during day, one during night, 3 months later.
Both of them after I asked God for forgiveness and help. After those events, multiple rainbows manifested where I live, one of them being a complete 360 rainbow above me.
I have eye-witness with me.
I've medited during a storm and summoned thunder to fall near me.

The memetization has become obvious, to the point of things I THINK in my head show up in videos, music, conversation, usually a few minutes later. Like an insane sinchronicity.
Even mantras I made showed up later in "spiritual channeling" messages on some youtube channels.

Too many "coincidences".

Can anyone explain that to me?
>>
>>18893917
The issue is that you can neither prove nor disprove any of this. I agree with you, but you can't prove your claims.
>>
>>18906158
>It's a behavioural diagnosis

Behaviours aren't illnesses either.
>>
>>18906592
Omg stfu
>>
>>18906592
I can, there are forces in this world, the demiurge and his archons and the true God, Abraxas, you're drawing the attention of archons, because they've seen you're searching.

Believe in Abraxas and seek gnosis.
>>
File: TheDark.jpg (317KB, 1326x854px) Image search: [Google]
TheDark.jpg
317KB, 1326x854px
>>18899594
>Pharaohs go back at least a 100 years, to the 32nd century BC, possibly even to the 33th-35th century BC.

It's just a screenshot, point is that Moses is a fraud and outlaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvfH9RxZVr8
>>
>>18897407
>>18897322
Your aliens and ghosts and cryptids don't fucking exist. The only good thing to come from this board is discussions about the metaphysical and philosophical.
>>
>>18907705
Once something consumes peoples minds, its very hard to remove the thoughts implanted.

/sci/ Could say the same thing about their board starting to look like a spirituality board.
Thread posts: 215
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.