[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can I lucid dream tonight?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1437173561688.jpg (125KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1437173561688.jpg
125KB, 500x400px
How can I lucid dream tonight?
>>
>>18893750
It took me 2 weeks to get my first lucid dream
You need reality checks and other methods you can research as well as a dream journal
It also helps to have a postive attitude, as in you have to believe you can and will have one
>>
>>18893750
You can't do it overnight it takes practice... like this anon said >>18894222

What worked for me...
1. Reality checks. Find a memento to remind you that you are awake and get used to check it constantly. In my case a simple X drawn in pen on my wrist was enough. I checked this X on my wrist every single day for about 10 days until I had my first lucid dream. On the dream, I remembered to check for the X and it wasn't there, thus becoming lucid and aware I was dreaming.

2. Remember step two after becoming lucid is to calm yourself down by looking at your hands for a couple of minutes. This is very important to prevent the dream from collapsing as most people panic and can't think of anything to dream about. Indecision and fear are the biggest causes of dreams collapsing. So remember to look at your hands and to have a clear idea of what you want to dream about because once you are lucid you are in control of what happens in the dream, and you need to take charge otherwise your mind doesn't know what to do and you end up waking up.

The first lucid dreams usually collapse, don't worry it takes practice.

3. Keep a Dream Journal and write down everything you dream as soon as you wake up. It trains you to remember your dreams which makes it easier to habe lucid dreams.

Good luck.
>>
File: 600px-odd-eyed-white-cat.jpg (158KB, 600x394px) Image search: [Google]
600px-odd-eyed-white-cat.jpg
158KB, 600x394px
>>18894245
4. A fun topic to dream about once you are good at it is to summon your spirit animal. Most people are not aware of who or what their spirit animal is, and they usually offer solid advice from your deep subconscious.
>>
>>18893750
I used to meditate for 30-40 minutes everyday for about a year. This along with reality checks, helped me have 2 lucid dreams per week.
>>
>>18894253
How do we find this spirit animal ?
>>
File: 1491920862038.gif (2MB, 636x288px) Image search: [Google]
1491920862038.gif
2MB, 636x288px
>>18894245
What if your memento/whatever you use to reality check is in the dream with you? if you check it often enough won't it become natural for you to dream it being where it is?
>>
>>18894403
you'd probably just see the X and then remember "oh yeah i put this on my hand so i could lucid dream" and then just be like "wait... i am dreaming"
>>
>>18894364
this
>>
>>18894600
Makes sense
>>
>>18894403
If you are worried about that, what I do for a reality check is pinch my nose and try to breathe through it - if you are dreaming, you will still be able to breathe (cool sensation and very obvious).
>>
>>18893750
If you can learn to follow the laws of the heavenly father, you can lucid live.
>>
>>18893750
Learn how to do a WBTB+WILD.
>>
I can induce sleep paralysis at will for myself.
I tried lucid dreaming and it was easy.
One time I tried astral projection and it worked
never tried it again after. now I wanna do it tonight.
>>
I think it depends on your experience with the dream world, and related ideas (psychology, symbolism, etc.)

If you are brand new to lucid dreaming the best way to start is to manage circadian rhythms and meditating.

So REM sleep is when you dream, and it occurs roughly every 45 minutes during REM sleep for 15 minute durations, which increase in duration the more cycles you go through (first time 15 minutes, 2nd time ~30, ~45, etc.).

If you can set a timer to wake you up (gradually) in the middle of one of the later dream phases you will more than likely remember the dream.

Keep a log to understand your dream world better, but don't think and analyse too much. Conscious thought isn't too much help in the dream world as is instinct and willpower.

Meditation helps you learn how to manipulate instinct and willpower, as well as focusing on ideas in a place where conscious thought doesn't have much bearing.

While you are in bed, try to stop thinking and try to visualize a place where you can be absolutely yourself without any judgement. For some it is a forest, for others a cave, whatever place you envision is your 'holy ground' where you are the groundskeeper.

Then try to visualize yourself in this place and try to flesh out the details while drifting to sleep.

After that it's just continually observing your dreams and adding new 'techniques' to help you achieve certain things in dreamstates.

Lucidity in dreams is different for everyone.
Don't force it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.