[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Something weird is happening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0046.jpg (78KB, 1226x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
78KB, 1226x1024px
I'm posting a personal story here, partly for teh spooks but partly because of the freaky coincidences, maybe someone can compare.

I used to spend my nights staying up and watching a bunch of creepy videos until first light and then I'd usually pass out. The videos themselves didn't scare me much, I'm a desensitized horror movie fanatic who can also defend himself in any scenario. I even plan to join the military one day to discipline myself and travel the world. I mean, nothing scares me not even the devil with a sharp machete and horns dipped in poison, if I can fight, I will survive.

Anyways, about a couple of weeks ago, weird things started happening in my room alone. Nothing TOO unusual, but my intelligence senses something's a little.. off.

More story below
>>
About a couple of weeks ago I started having nightmares, more specifically sleep paralysis. If it was once a week, I would shrug it off and go on with my life but it would happen frequently, sometimes twice a night.

I've had job position at two respectable computer companies and I'm working on getting a third, I go to school for computer programming and I go running and exercising often. When I come back to my room though, I can't help but feel this uneasiness.

My nightmares started getting worse. On one perticular night it got really strange. I had a friend over, we had dinner, watched TV and eventually fell asleep with the TV turning off because of sleep timer. I would sleep with the window open to get the fresh country air and that night did just that.

That night I had another nightmare, same sleep paralysis. It started off as me getting pulled into this dark trance and not being able to move my body. Then I started having a nightmare about my room. The nightmare was about how my friend had the same nightmare I'm having about them, about a nightmare about them I am having. Then I look out the window. I start to wake up though, but before then I heard someone whistling outside my window, not just in my dream, but a legit whistle outside my open window.

Once I wake up, I go and check to see if something's outside but nothing.

It's happened at least three times now. It's sleep paralysis then I hear a whistle outside my window. One time I woke up in the middle of the night only to hear what sounded like monkeys making their whoop sounds. My heart and hands got cold and sweaty because I'd never actually heard that in the country.
>>
Fuck. I feel cursed after having read that.
>>
>The videos themselves didn't scare me much, I'm a desensitized horror movie fanatic who can also defend himself in any scenario.
autism
>>
>>18891286
You must feel tired. You should go to sleep.
>>
OP you're in for a few months of this. I know exactly what it is. It is showing you that you do in fact have fear, and it will take you there. Once you learn your lesson and it gets its fill it will be over. The thing will always want more but eventually you will be burnt out with no more to give. Until then I hope you do well, remember that only you can hurt yourself. Nothing else.
>>
>>18891805
Meditate OP

Focus on your bottom 3 chakras and heart chakra.
>>
>>18891805

I get where you're coming from. I know exactly what you're talking about.

I've always had this fascination with the unknown. I believe it's leading me to understand that hardship, suffering is a challenge designed to push me to higher level of being and consciousness.

See, my problem is that I live in the country around blue collar types and my family, brothers, mom and dad all built standards based around this way of life. As in, "Get a job, get a truck, get a wife, get a house, have kids, die" or join the military, which is more than fine, part of me believes the same as well.

You see, I'm a middle child, and the only one that actually graduated HS and entered college (my older brothers dropped out of HS and my younger one as well). My parents and whole family are simple minded, immigrants who STILL believe in the American Dream i.e. House, Family, Security.

DO NOT get me wrong, I believe in these aspects of life too, I believe that as a man I should enlist in the military, I should learn as much as possible and practice as well and I want children of my own one day, I wanna be a great parent. Be it as it may, I'm not a sheep. Nor am I wolf.

You see, these weird occurrences started happening when I started thinking about my life and what I believe of it. About life as a young man, what we are doing here and what happens when we die as well as other aspects. But I was never afraid of asking these questions.

Ive often, for a lack of better words, tried to study and understand the events that have happened in mans life and what lead to them. Wars, peace, societies being built, progression of technology. I've come to the conclusion that all these events are an amalgamation of the evolving individual, and that each and every one of us had something to do with them. It's like when you see the light of a star in the night sky but the truth is that light years away it's dead. That same light it traveling backwards in our time from where it died.
>>
>>18891286
List the psychoactive chemicals you ingest regularly and then we'll talk.
>>
Does your sleep paralysis manifest itself on the onset of your sleep, or on your waking?
>>
>>18891976
Nothing besides pot, which isn't a regular thing. Like, I only smoke once every month. And I drink, but it's just beer and not very often as well. I'm honestly more healthy than anything, I take vitamins, I drink water, I work out and I rest when I have to.

>>18891982
It's usually triggered when I fall asleep.
>>
>>18891982
I often get sleep paralysis too whenever I try to sleep. There was a period in my life where whenever I tried to sleep I would instead fall into sleep paralysis, wake up, then repeat once more and I end up staying awake until first light or so. I had more or less similar nightmares during those times. Most vivid nightmare I had was this pitch black, towering shadow right in front of me while hearing deafening whisper noises that gets progressively louder while I was struggling and unable to move.

What helped me was sleeping only once my mind was at complete rest, because whenever I had sleep paralysis it usually happens if I force myself to sleep while I'm wide awake (i.e. going to bed right after browsing the internet and reading something mind stimulating).

Nowadays I just browse the internet on my phone or laptop while in bed until I naturally fall asleep.

Not sure on the specifics of your case so this might not help you one bit but at the very least I do hope you enjoyed reading through all that fluff.

As to that strange noise of yours in the middle of the night that might have been all in your head, assuming you woke up feeling tense or afraid on that night.
>>
>>18892128
meant to reply to >>18892071
>>
>>18891286
This is usually the result of unresolved daily stress. Part of you remains hyper-vigilant when you should be forgetful and relaxed enough to fall asleep completely. If you find yourself trapped in an in-between sleep in a state of complete paralysis, there is one trick that always works. Concentrate on moving just one muscle of your body - like wiggling your little finger. As soon as you manage to do this, your entire body will snap out of the paralysis and you will wake up completely.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.