[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Jesus real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 284x177px
Was Jesus a real man?
https://www.rawstory.com/2017/04/history-writer-jesus-probably-never-existed-heres-why-christianity-emerged-anyway/

According to this website he never existed, and it isn't satire...

/x/'s opinion?
>>
>>18889032
He existed. It was simply decided by a group, who the son of God would be. Who they "agreed", was the son of god. Council of Nicaea. They decided who the Bible would name as the Son of God. He may have been married also. The road to Hell, is paved with good intentions.
>>
>>18889047
Read this, if you want the knowledge. But Man has decided what your truths would be. Since the beginning of written history, people have had the will and influence to bend it, to suit them. If it says it in a book, it must be true(?). I still believe in a higher power.
>>
>>18889032
I think so, but his message wasn't he was the only Son of God it was we are all God
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Council_of_Nicaea
>>
>>18889068
Thats a popular alt right troll. You know that right?
>>
>>18889071
I'm being serious. What?
>>
>>18889071
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s42V8BGBvTk
>>
>>18889032
>>120926273
SAME THREAD ON MULTIPLE BOARDS INCLUDING /POL/

>>>/pol/120926273

IGNORE THE SHILLPOSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
File: SolomonIsland.jpg (392KB, 867x844px) Image search: [Google]
SolomonIsland.jpg
392KB, 867x844px
>>18889047
>It was simply decided by a group, who the son of God would be.

"Sons of God" are real apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuL08jBj6S0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-M3ilp15g
>>
>>18889144
Cult, who are the gods and God.
Tell me.
>>
>>18890800
God is the Universal Father, first source and center of the supreme universe.

God has Sons, and within them exists the universes. When a Son is born, so is the mother spirit.

The Sons must undergo bestowal missions of entering into their creation to achieve sovereignty of their universes.

Our Son, took his final bestowal as Jesus. He was born as a child, lived a mortal life unaware of his heavenly roots. He grew to be the ideal brother, supreme role model of probity in a difficult world.
>>
>>18889032
Jesus was real. He was born to parents who earlier raised, housed, nurtured, and educated an ancient human who accessed technology of eternal life. Jesus became special because he became involved of the ancient humans who were involved of their comrade who was, "adopted" by Mary and Joseph.
>>
File: edwunc.png (388KB, 1115x747px) Image search: [Google]
edwunc.png
388KB, 1115x747px
>>18890800
>Cult, who are the gods and God.
>Tell me.

I'm "a god" (a Divine King given authority over Earth) in flesh. I think "God" is one entity that doesn't mind adopting many forms except the Mosaic/Jewish/Muslim one which it despises with an extreme hatred because it advocates rape, mutilation, torture, vandalism and genocide in God's name.

The gospels are meant to be anti-Mosaic documents but the fools in charge of the west have decided to use them as pro-Moses documents and they're going to get it for turning God's murdered son into a weapon for their mortal agenda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNFha04GgVg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwa_0AgkCFo
>>
>>18891256
The Matchless Moses
96:3.1.The beginning of the evolution of the Hebraic concepts and ideals of a Supreme Creator dates from the departure of the Semites from Egypt under that great leader, teacher, and organizer, Moses. His mother was of the royal family of Egypt; his father was a Semitic liaison officer between the government and the Bedouin captives. Moses thus possessed qualities derived from superior racial sources; his ancestry was so highly blended that it is impossible to classify him in any one racial group. Had he not been of this mixed type, he would never have displayed that unusual versatility and adaptability which enabled him to manage the diversified horde which eventually became associated with those Bedouin Semites who fled from Egypt to the Arabian Desert under his leadership.
96:3.2.Despite the enticements of the culture of the Nile kingdom, Moses elected to cast his lot with the people of his father. At the time this great organizer was formulating his plans for the eventual freeing of his father's people, the Bedouin captives hardly had a religion worthy of the name; they were virtually without a true concept of God and without hope in the world.
96:3.3.No leader ever undertook to reform and uplift a more forlorn, downcast, dejected, and ignorant group of human beings. But these slaves carried latent possibilities of development in their hereditary strains, and there were a sufficient number of educated leaders who had been coached by Moses in preparation for the day of revolt and the strike for liberty to constitute a corps of efficient organizers. These superior men had been employed as native overseers of their people; they had received some education because of Moses' influence with the Egyptian rulers.
>>
>>18889032
I like the theory that Christ was a composite character. In other words, the experiences of a dozen or so people were attributed to one guy to make his story more influential.
>>
>>18889071
Who, Jesus? Everybody knows that.
>>
>>18891347
78:7.5.But Noah really lived; he was a wine maker of Aram, a river settlement near Erech. He kept a written record of the days of the river's rise from year to year. He brought much ridicule upon himself by going up and down the river valley advocating that all houses be built of wood, boat fashion, and that the family animals be put on board each night as the flood season approached. He would go to the neighboring river settlements every year and warn them that in so many days the floods would come. Finally a year came in which the annual floods were greatly augmented by unusually heavy rainfall so that the sudden rise of the waters wiped out the entire village; only Noah and his immediate family were saved in their houseboat.
78:7.6.These floods completed the disruption of Andite civilization. With the ending of this period of deluge, the second garden was no more. Only in the south and among the Sumerians did any trace of the former glory remain.
78:7.7.The remnants of this, one of the oldest civilizations, are to be found in these regions of Mesopotamia and to the northeast and northwest. But still older vestiges of the days of Dalamatia exist under the waters of the Persian Gulf, and the first Eden lies submerged under the eastern end of the Mediterranean Sea.
>>
>>18889032

False info. We have very old manuscripts from various places and they are virtually identical, bar misspellings and such.

This guy may be right but he is uninformed or lying.
>>
>God
I think he will deliver.
>cult
Well, I've gotten on my knees, but i expect hell.

Anyway bless this thread and bless stoner Jesus
>>
I actually just started reading the Nag Hammadi documents yesterday. Interesting stuff. You can find a copy in Ape's files. Best to read everything and keep an open mind regarding it all. Book of Enoch and Book of the Watchers is a good read too
>>
>>18889068
More accurately, we are the sons of God, we all have a Christ Consciousness within us (conscious co-creation). We are not God, that's just silly, we're barely even tangible thoughts in God's mental construct.
>>
>>18889032
Jesus is the god of memes.
Hence why you should worship no other meme but Jesus.
Praise Jesus.
>>
He existed but wasn't seen as a God until later years in his life. Jesus Christ is basically Charles Manson and his believers spread his story and it ran itself around the world. The Roman Empire then decided they could have a better control over their civilization if they could create a mass ideology for their citizens to follow. Something that is very possible in a more gullible period of time.
>>
>>18891209
Sounds like nonsense to me. In nature the father normally don't even know who are his kids, if he can know at all. Only a mother comes to realize her tummy is gone, the weird feeling is gone and little beings wanna stay by her side.
If there is a God or gods, a female would be the master and the highest. For one.
>>
there is no proof muhammad lived, but atheists will believe it because rumors are he fucked children.
>>
>>18889032
Mfw the Smithsonian channel on yootoop is posting videos about the real jesus.
>>
>>18889032
We will never know, truth is that this far into the past is as much of a mystery as the future. Science can give us an idea by collecting evidence but we will never know 100% for sure that this singular person existed or not. My personal guess? Jesus never existed, at least not in the way described in the Bible, maybe there was this one guy who was really important back then but somehow we have little to no evidence of his existence which is weird as fuck.

Take for example the Pharaohs, that date before Jesus, they were adored like gods and we have a lot of evidence of their existence, we can study and understand what was going on in that time pretty clearly. But Jesus the son of god and the protagonist of Christianity is surrounded by mystery and controversy, why? If he really existed he'd be the single most important human to ever live, why is everything about him so shady and unclear?

Well I may be talking out of my ass here but here is my personal take on the matter as a whole, man made religion is bullshit and I don't say that as an atheist fedora tipper, I do believe there is a higher existence that rules over the universe, I believe in mysticism and the paranormal. I just have a broader view of it, I believe that our world is only a tiny part of the universe so why would I believe in this tiny deity that only cares about this single species in this tiny planet? If gods exist they are much bigger than just that, they are gods on a universal scale. Thats what I believe.
>>
>>18892454
Fuck I fucked up the post.

We will never know, truth is that this far into the past without evidence is as much of a mystery as the future. Science can give us an idea by collecting evidence but we will never know 100% for sure that this singular person existed or not without that.

Fixed version.
>>
>>18889032
He didn't exist. There is no proof what so ever, except for one book.
>>
>>18892457
We can know. And everything points to the fact it did not real. Jesucsism is a mixture of other religions, for a fact. And a lot of people know that. But Jesucsists just do not want to look into those facts. Well fac them then.
>>
Most Christians acknowledge that the existence of God can't be argued with logic, and that belief in Him is based purely on faith. You can think that's good or it's stupid but that's how it is. This "WELL I CAN PROVE HE'S NOT REAL" argument is tiring.
>>
>>18893328
Those kind of Christians should all turn moslim and then kill themselves
>>
File: wisdom.png (60KB, 512x809px) Image search: [Google]
wisdom.png
60KB, 512x809px
>>18892460
>He didn't exist. There is no proof what so ever, except for one book.

The spirit of God testifies to his existence...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5oNIZvdrRU
>>
>>18893440
that's like saying aliens are real because there are stories about aliens
it's all part of the same belief
>>
File: 1490677179689.jpg (36KB, 370x468px) Image search: [Google]
1490677179689.jpg
36KB, 370x468px
Certainly existed, and the canonical gospels have some events within that more than likely happened for the narratives within them that line up. While Josephus isn't always considered reliable for a litany of reasons, his passage about Jesus is more than likely true. However the life of Jesus is more unknowns than known facts, so the best way to study him is to look at the historical materials that survived from 1st Century CE Roman Judea, along with late Temple Judaism before the Great Revolt from 68 CE-73 CE.

Lots of information on the areas such as the Galilee where Jesus grew up, such as the fact it was a hotbed for rebellion by the Zealots who resided there, along with being one of the more wealthy areas of Judea in this era in known pretty well. Also leads to the thought that Jesus wasn't dirt poor at all considering his father was either a carpenter or even possibly a stonemason, which was certainly an upper middle class profession at the time.

Existed for sure, he fits the time period well with the beliefs he talks about in the Gospels, most of which agree with the most popular religious leaders of the time, the Pharisees.
>>
File: impcomm2.png (572KB, 1340x980px) Image search: [Google]
impcomm2.png
572KB, 1340x980px
>>18893455
>that's like saying aliens are real because there are stories about aliens
>it's all part of the same belief

Except prophecy isn't fulfilled from false prophets...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NentEiDb8bw
>>
this point it may as well not matter.

it's been decided. what's been happened cannot be changed.
>>
>>18894531
to add on.

i believe he exist.

the question being, er i ask, will there be those to follow him?
elects of truth, of the message?
>>
>>18894655
or he be the last in line before revelations .. likely.
made a mess of things > <
>>
>>18893476
Nothing you said is evidence he existed. The Dead Sea Scrolls are from the first century and they don't mention him at all, which would be strange if he existed since messianism is central to the Essenes. At most they allude to John the Baptist but even that is sketch.
>>
>>18895061
Jesus wasn't an Essene, his views fell in line with the Pharisees of the temple era. Also most of the Dead Sea Scrolls don't refer to anyone by name in terms of leadership, just the "Teacher of Righteousness", which of course wasn't Jesus, but don't fucking act like they were naming off their leadership in their writings. They fucking esoteric and eschatological obsessed desert dwellers.

You also make the assumption that their wasn't plenty of other messiahs they could latch onto in the era such as Judah of Galilee, especially since Jesus skewed much more towards the mainstream of Judaism. It wasn't till later writer such as Paul who began to lay the foundations that would pull a part Judaism and Christianity.
>>
>>18889032
I have my doubts. There are a handful of historical figures that match the description, so it's possible he was a composite.
>>
File: Jesus-Satan.jpg (71KB, 250x366px) Image search: [Google]
Jesus-Satan.jpg
71KB, 250x366px
According to my calculations, Jesus was actually nothing more than a Zoroastrian Satanic Hermeticist con man who learned his bullshit magic tricks in the library of Alexandria and the monasteries of Tibet during his 18 years on the lam.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.