[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real World Dungeons (Abandoned or Not)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1298.jpg (419KB, 1280x1797px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1298.jpg
419KB, 1280x1797px
Aye my guy lemme talk to for a minute. I really want to pick your brain for locations of some legitimate modern dungeons in America. Just curiousity I guess, I've always enjoyed the idea of medieval tropes transplanted into modern day. So modern torture dungeons, witch dens, catacombs, etc, are all very interesting to me. So show me what you got or join me in appreciation of these caverns of old.
>>
>>18888969
they found a rape dungeon in south carolina. some guy had a few teenage girls down in some homemade tunnels and they found something similar in australia but that guy had his daughter in it... and they found one in china that the guy was killing the women he abducted

they found all of them in a short span of time. modern inferred cameras on satellites can see a pyramid buried in sand in egypt. you cant hide a underground structure now days without asphalt and concrete over it
>>
>>18889024
>inferred cameras
>>
>>18888969
Vegas has some big storm sewers, which are mostly dry. I've heard that homeless people live in them.

Subway tunnels, in most major cities, particularly the abandoned stations. I recall a good thread we had when Hurricane Sandy was about to hit New York City. A guy was going to go into the subway tunnels. I recall we warned him to beware of Rat Men and Pennywise.

In some formerly industrial cities there are large areas of abandoned factories. Some of those are a warren of crumbling rooms and left behind things.

Certain port cities have old smuggler tunnels. Seattle? San Francisco? I can't recall. History Channel's Mysteries of the Underworld series is something you might want to check out.
>>
File: deus vult 2, electric removaloo.jpg (288KB, 1280x1214px) Image search: [Google]
deus vult 2, electric removaloo.jpg
288KB, 1280x1214px
>You will never gonna innadungeon with an AR and a longsword as a backup
>You will never fight the undead looking for treasure
Why live?
>>
>>18889024
Fritzl
>>
>>18888969
Not restriceted to the U.S. of A....
old mining tunnels. Sitting here in the middle of europe, you can't throw a fucking rock without a good chance to hit an abadoned mine. Only a few of them are officiallly recognized (as in, some professional spelunkers know about them and check them semi-regular) , most of the older ones are completely forgotten by authorities. Not that the officials (as in police and politics) are that much in control what happens in the officially known ones.
I... sorta know the one or other. Most are completely empty, but, there are others that are not.
>>
>>18889667
stylish getup, but will get you very dead in close areas.
Still. Stylish as fuck.
>>
>>18889288
>History Channel's Mysteries of the Underworld series is something you might want to check out.

>TOOOODAY
>DAH DAAAAH DAH DUUUUHHH
>ON MYSTERIES OF THE UNDERWORLD
>DAAAAH DAAAAAAAAH
>WE EXPLORE
>DAAAAH DUUUUHH DHUUUUUH
>ONE OF THE LARGEST UNDERGROUND TUNNEL SYSTEMS IN THE US
>DUUUUUN DUUUUUUUUN
>USED BY SMUGGLERS, GANG MEMBERS, STALKERS, RAPISTS AND TORTURERS
>DAAAAAAAAH DUUUUUH
>SINCE THE EARLY 19TH CENTURY FOR CRIME, EVIL, AND COVERT OPERATIONS
>DUUUUUN DUUUUUUUN
>SO JOIN ME TODAY
>DAAAAAH DAAAAH
>FOR THIS EPISODE
>DEEEEEEE DEEEEEE
>OF MYSTERIES OF THE UNDERWORLD
>DAAAAAAH DAAAAH DUH DOOOOO

Do not watch American TV. Ever. Fucking ever.
>>
>>18889710
And what do you suggest as an alternative?
>>
>>18889745
Not that show.
Anything that is not on the brainwashing channel.
Just post on 4chan and play games. There is nothing left to watch on that thing in your living room.
Youtube is fucking dead. All entertainment sources are dead. You have to backpedal to find fun things to do.

Just don't watch that show, I beg you.
>>
File: IMG_5264.jpg (44KB, 415x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5264.jpg
44KB, 415x332px
>>18889288
Las Vegas does have an underground hobo city in the storm drains. Seattle has an entire underground city too - they raised the entire city in response to tidal surges, and just built on top of the old city. Although I don't think that's what OP is really looking for. Also along the lines of things OP wasn't really looking for, all through Turkey and Syria there are underground cities that have been inhabited for millennia.
>>
>>18889024
it was austria not australia you dick lol
>>
>>18888969
there are underground military bases, some of which are below barns and regular looking shit like that
>>
You're not going to find shit in America, we have such little culture that there's not going to be any medieval-esque dungeons of any sort.
>>
>>18892862
Eastern Europe, especially Russia, is basically an urban explorers paradise. They just have so much abandoned shit from the cold war just laying around everywhere that it's basically the closest thing there is to real world dungeon crawling, they even have loot like stored uniforms and gear that has mostly been forgotten.
>>
>>18889708
Momentum in plating could be a life saver, dicey choice however
>>
Mining tunnels. I live in a former iron town that's been mostly deindustrialized and if you go out to where the old ore veins are there's a ton of really fascinating ruins (warehouses, train lines, even tipple towers) just rotting in the woods atop hundreds or even thousands of miles worth of underground shafts. It's dangerous as hell, very easy to choke on a methane pocket or fall in a vent hole, but that's where the adventure comes from!
>>
>>18893293
Never do this shit alone, don't bring a friend and if something bad happens you can almost guarantee you're fucked. Old mines are really fucking dangerous.

Also, make sure the friend you bring has common fucking sense, you know, the kind of guy who immediately calls the police if you fall down a shaft instead of trying to be some big hero.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.