[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Answering Machine Tape Full Of Weird Noises

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: tape.jpg (546KB, 1695x1124px) Image search: [Google]
tape.jpg
546KB, 1695x1124px
My parents were cleaning out their basement and threw away a lot of old junk. We had a lot of answering machines back in the 1980s and 1990s that used cassette tapes.

I was going to take some of the old electronics to a Goodwill store but had some time to kill so I popped one of the old answering machine tapes into the truck's cassette player in hopes of hearing some nostalgic stuff but that's sure not what was on there. Message after message of the same weird static, instead.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0gwdQya5XLJ
>>
>>18887884
It's data you underage faggot.
>>
>>18887898
/thread
>>
>>18887898
Fair enough. Still, what the hell's data doing on an answering machine? No one in my house had a computer back then.
>>
>>18887903
See this stupid image? This is you. The oblivious memeworthy child. Tapes warp with age and everything you mentioned is completely normal.
>>
>>18887919
I'm afraid you appear to have warped with age as well.
>>
you have no idea how right you are
>>
OP here. Yeah, I have to admit I'm pretty damn stupid when it comes to old school tech. Best guess I have is that this tape was used in an old Commodore or whatever that used tapes for storing games and stuff.
>>
>>18887903
Somebody got a call from a modem or fax.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.