[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think this is the right place to ask. What the fuck is with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
17KB, 300x300px
I think this is the right place to ask.

What the fuck is with the FaceApp threads invading every board, and not being pruned? Is there a chance there's a conspiracy afoot and 4chan is being encouraged to keep these threads up?

Does anybody here think it's a good way for people who generally stay anonymous to participate in facial recognition data gathering? Obviously most are using that app for posting funny results and aren't going to upload their real face, but you know most of them did try it out with their own face on their own, only to unknowingly get their face immediately sent to some alphabet agency...... (along with helpful data about what their face looks like in different situations)

Normally not paranoid, but shit, sometimes you just have to listen to your gut
>>
>>18886600
I used it on myself knowing full well that the corporation and/or the government is collecting it for ulterior motives. The government already has my face though, and I'm already on some list and being monitored. Everyone is to some extent, of course. They build profiles on everyone.

Similarly, Pokémon Go is used by the CIA for some sort of tracking purpose. Perhaps to find out where you like to go and hang out. Smart phones also do this too as well as record audio through your microphone and video through your camera, transmitting it to God knows where.

But, yes, the mods were probably told to keep the threads up to encourage people to download it and use it on themselves. How much of this was influenced by viral advertisement money and how much was government involvement, I couldn't say.
>>
>>18886600
Man you paranoid schizos are hilarious. If there's any profiling on the population, and there prolly is, you already have a full profile with face recognition ready to go, no need for a fucking app.

Every time you look at your damn screen there's a camera pointed at your face retard. People are just making threads about it because it's a trend.
>>
>>18886784
Honestly, one of these agencies should just hire me. I know exactly how they think, and I would love to do it. I don't believe what they do is necessarily immoral or anything either. Some guy abusing the system for his own personal gratification might be immoral, but that's different.
>>
>>18886799
The question is who gets (legal) access to recordings of you.

For example, with my iPhone, Apple probably has hundreds of hours of audio and video of me. That doesn't mean the government has everything that Apple does. The CIA had to put moles into the company to add backdoors into Apple products to exploit.

The government got into a legal tiff with Apple during the San Bernardino shooting to open the shooter's cell phone if you remember that. Eventually the government just hacked it themselves (with the help of the Israelis) because Apple balked.
>>
>>18886857
>The government got into a legal tiff with Apple during the San Bernardino

Pure pr, apple sells your data to other companies and the government has enough technology to break through any encryption they might have, of course doing so won't give them any legal right over it or to use such data against you... at least for now.
>>
>>18886880
>the government has enough technology to break through any encryption they might have

There is plenty of encryption that nobody can ever break even with the most advanced technology the government has at its disposal. That's why it's such a powerful security technique.

I don't know exactly what the issue was with the shooter's phone, but the government had to tap some Israeli company to run a computer simulation to hack it. Whether Apple would have given the government access in a less high-profile circumstance is hard to say. They were definitely concerned about PR though.
>>
File: 1491965007636.jpg (57KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
1491965007636.jpg
57KB, 600x549px
>>18886799
>Every time you look at your damn screen there's a camera pointed at your face retard

To be fair I don't. My computers cam has been covered since i bought it and i don't have a smartphone, my phone doesn't have a camera. And to top it all off, I usually leave it at home, but if I _need_ to bring it somewhere, I have a neat little faraday cage-pouch I made for it.

And as far as "because its a trend" goes. This is way too fucking normie of a trend that I'd expect 4chan to get behind.
>>
>>18887373
How do you feel about ISP's stealing your information
>>
>>18887373
wew lad, what are you trying to hide from your friends in the government? On the naughty list you go! Enjoy your "random" searches at airports.
>>
>>18886600
Its hilarious fun hater
>>
>>18886815
https://www.nsa.gov/careers/

Go ahead.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.