[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

circular groove in the earth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 0403171835.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
0403171835.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
(pic semi related, old foundation we found) my brother uses lidar to find foundations and stuff. he compares the lidar to maps so we can find them while hiking. he kept finding these weird circles on the lidar, so the other day while we were hiking we decided to check on out. when we got to it, we found a circle about 10 feet across, formed by a groove in the earth about 1-2 feet wide. the area within the circle was much clearer than the area around it. we have no idea what it is. I was wondering if any of you know anything about anything like this. sadly I have no pics of the circle on lidar or the circle itself. we are in north eastern ct
>>
>>18886259
A really good spot to start building a shack?
What do you see? I see rocks.
>>
My guess is some form of primitive building foundation. If you have access to a metal detector I'd say go back and do some prospectingood May be a treasure trove of old artifacts or maybe even cubby holed gold or silver.
>>
>>18886319
this is the most likely explanation. I would agree that it's a good idea to grab a metal detector and go back to the circles. Some hardware stores carry them in their tool rentals. They're really handy for avoiding pipe etc. when digging on your land.
>>
File: received_1339560142747243.png (946KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
received_1339560142747243.png
946KB, 1080x1920px
heres a pic of the lidar. also thanks for the suggestions guys, weve got a metal detector. we can take it out there next time
>>
Is it near any historic building projects? Channels that had been dug by work teams, or quarries, etc? They look similar to temporary shelters I've seen in Nova Scotia by Irish/Scottish laborers around the early 1800s. Could be remains of a groundskeeper's shack by that same token.
>>
OP, please report your findings to someone capable of officially doing a dig site. You may have found an ancient settlement built by someone other than the local savages. There are tons of reports of european explorers going back before the times of Odysseus. You may have found them. At the very least, tell the local news.
>>
>>18886374
Oh fuck, i just saw the lidar! YOU FOUND BURIAL MOUNDS! Those are identical to lidar of Irish burial mounds!!!
>>
my brother said he can send me pics of the circle itself later, ill update then
>>
>>18886517
Is it later yet? I really do think that you found burial mounds.
>>
>>18886259
Could be something Indian pre colonial, or early colonial.
Being from nearby Rhode Island there's lots of early lost settlements out in the woods.
Could be a failed home or farm or something burned out during "King Philips War". A lot of the fighting, or should I say Slaughtering happened in this area.
>>
>>18888451
this, it almost sounds like it could be the remains of old silos
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.