[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Tarot even work

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2264.jpg (27KB, 185x323px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2264.jpg
27KB, 185x323px
How does Tarot even work
>>
No one knows. It just does.
>>
The cards represent all typical and possible life events,each depicting a unique life event.They are jumbled up,dealt and then interpreted into a story.Each deal yields a totally random result.As if it were destiny to at that point in time be dealt such cards relfecting the subjects current life situation past and future also.
>>
Archetypes. It's all vague enough to apply to whatever life situation you're having. Like dream interpretation, or art, it draws heavily upon what the observer takes from it.

You can look at the Major Arcana, for instance, and see the entirety of the Campbell's "Hero's Journey." A fool progresses through life, encountering various obstacles and developing as a human being until he reaches enlightenment.

And because it's so applicable to all human experience, anything drawn purely by chance will have some link to something in your life.

You may as well ask how fortune cookies work.
>>
>>18881238
Tarot is based on old playing cards, there is no way this "works," anyway certainly not instrumentally
>>
>>18881928
Well, outside of occult aspects, they can be used like a 'mirror' into one's own mind, and if the symbolism is understood properly and fully, it enables one to essentially psychoanalyze oneself. IDK if you call that instrumentally or not.
>>
>>18881238
It was a card game
>>
>>18881238
jewish tricks to get hipsters interested in gambling
>>
>>18881238
You spend time with friends to increase the arcana social link
>>
The Tarot is a method of divination. Divination denotes divine/graced, as in, spiritual intervention. That is to say, that the cards hold sacred information that is shown to the diviner/querent when it is necessary to do so.
>>
It's funny that /x/ is always so full of bs but when anon asks about tarot, the board has its shit together.
>>
Tarot works as a mirror. It will reflect what is going on in your life and project a most probable scenario based on this.

When you focus on your question you "charge" the deck and it will draw your hand towards a certain card or cards.
>>
>>18881238

You hold the cards with your fingers, causing fat from your fingers to smear onto the cards. This charges them with mysterious fat-energy. This fat-energy is linked to your body fat. When the cosmic vibrations resonate with the cards, these vibrations are also transfered to your body fat causing all kinds of changes to your body. In some causes you will get turned into the little girl.
>>
>>18881928
other way around bucko. what you call "playing cards" started as italian tarot.
>>
>>18881463
>You will buy new clothes today.

Always hated that one.
>>
>>18881238
Kind of the same as any other divination practices.
Tarot and runes and tea leaves are all kind of the same.

You get a random set of symbols to work with and then you interpret them

the nature of the practice can lead you to looking at stuff at an angle you otherwise might not have, and that can be useful
>>
Well,it depends. For example, The World can stop time.
>>
>>18881238
The arcana is the means by which all is revealed.
>>
It doesn't. It's just a deck of playing cards.
Tarot divination is just a parlor trick or game that uses those cards.
>>
>>18886883
That's super cool! What can the other ones do?
>>
>>18881238
it's utilizing the laws of attraction I believe.
>>
>>18884644
I'm certainly not an expert on this, but "Italian tarot" was a card game.

My only point was that tarot started as playing cards, the divination and occult usages came later. I mean, again, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what knowledgeable folks have told me in the past, and checking wiki just now seems to confirm.
>>
>>18881418
>>18881463
>>18881934
>>18884617

all true

tarot is also a practical representation of the book of life. much can be learned about the nature of life and the universe from reading the book when not trying to relate the pages to any particular person or event but the flow of events and people in general. theres a story to it.

>>18889368
"card" or picture based divination has been around since egyptian times. the cards have spread and changed over time as things do. the italian tarot might have been just a card game. but the idea of using cards or a set of images to divine the future predicts anything even remotely resembling what you would consider card games of recent history. furthermore the only thing that tarot and your typical deck of cards have in common is having 4 suits 10 number cards in each suit and royalty cards for each suit. the number of royalty cards isnt even the same. not to mention there is the major arcana which is an extra 22 cards with no suits and they are the real meat of the deck.

all that being said though if i had a poker game planed and all i had was my tarot deck I would pull out the extra cards and shark some fuckers, but the relation is incredibly thin at this point in history.
>>
>>18884073
>>18886883
These anons got it
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.