[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urantia Book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: urantiabook.jpg (56KB, 536x396px) Image search: [Google]
urantiabook.jpg
56KB, 536x396px
Anyone familiar with the Urantia Book? Have you read it and found it useful in your life? What say you?
>>
>>18878377
can i get a quick rundown on the book?
also chekt
>>
>>18878377
Isn't it just a biiiiiiiiiiig hoax? it was just a bunch of intellectuals trying to trick people into a new fake religion by providing very specific data about angels and plants and whole inter galactic spiritual federation and shit like that.

Pretty sure it was dismissed shortly after and literally no one believes in it.
>>
File: IMG_3680.jpg (1MB, 3582x2572px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3680.jpg
1MB, 3582x2572px
>>18878377
It's interesting.
>>
>>18878836
Uh, proof of the hoax?

I've never heard that story, but reading the book strikes something deep within me, more so than the Bible or any other religious text.
>>
>>18878875
I don't have any links at hand, because I researched this like what 15 years ago I think. For starters it basically was proved that all the data in it like distances and planetary shit was a reflection of the current astronomical findings at that time, which are now completely obsolete with the new technology that we have.

You can probably find a bunch of stuff easily, I honestly don't care about it enough to do it myself, because you'll find stuff like this, which is half assed debunking, and I'm not doing homework for you, if you want to believe in it that's good, for me it always sounded pretty farfetched and ended up feeling like nothing but sci-fi tale for a new generation that doesn't want to worship old religions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFeO0_ORuXY
>>
>>18878399
I haven't read the whole book yet.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/read-urantia-book-online

"The Urantia Book, first published by Urantia Foundation in 1955, presents us with the origin, history, and destiny of humanity. It answers questions about God, life in the inhabited universe, the history and future of this world, and it includes an uplifting narrative of the life and teachings of Jesus.

The Urantia Book portrays our relationship with God the Father. All human beings are the sons and daughters of a loving God and therefore brothers and sisters in the family of God. The book provides new spiritual truth for modern men and women and a pathway to a personal relationship with God.

Building on the world's religious heritage, The Urantia Book describes an endless destiny for humankind, teaching that living faith is the key to personal spiritual progress and eternal survival. It also describes God’s plan for the progressive evolution of individuals, human society, and the universe as a whole.

Many people around the world have said that reading The Urantia Book has profoundly inspired them to reach deeper levels of spiritual growth. It has given them new meaning to life and the desire to be of service to humanity.

We encourage you to read it as well and discover for yourself its ennobling message."
>>
>>18878875

maybe youre just retarded. that can be it.
>>
What can I say. I hate any paradigm.
>>
I've read through it several times.

http://starspring.com/online/ubsearch/ubsearch.html

Today is Paper 172, Monday after 'Palm Sunday'

I suggest you do a quick catch up starting yesterday, and read through pentecost, since its relevant to easter.
>>
I've read it. It's the greatest thing I've ever read. It left me with no questions unanswered.

If you have any questions I can answer from my experience
>>
File: RD.png (834KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RD.png
834KB, 1280x720px
>>18878377
IM A FUCKIN TRANSPORT SERAPHIM VVVVRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!
>>
Some interesting things. The book shows a mastery of english language.

There are location identifiers that come off as Extremely strange at first, but break them down and it makes total sense.

Salvington. Salve to heal, Ing, the action of, ton the town of. That means that Salvington is the town where the healing happens.

Some word applications and revelatory words that we should have thought of.

Absinite, as opposed to Finite and Infinite. Abstaining from time-space.
>>
>>18880071
Okay, I've searched Urania hoax and can't find anything relating to anon's story, so fuck off.
>>
I own the book, but I have yet to read the whole thing. It's just so fucking long.
>>
>>18879968
>The Wikipedia entry mentions that the book plagiarises text from over a dozen verifiable sources

>>18880308
I'm not sure you even tried
>>
>>18880397
yet there is no specifics of what was plagarized.

The book is amazing, if you haven't read it, its like saying Einstein was smart, but he used a lot of other peoples ideas, so he didn't really count and you should discredit him for that.
>>
>>18880411
Are you retarded?
>>
>>18880397
Book identifies plate techtonics, redshift, volcanic actions, race distribution, solar activities, solar cycles, galaxy creation, relativity...

Some of those were active subjects in the day, some werent. The assumption is that if it were a scientist of the day, they were one of the top minds.

The distinct writing styles show that it was multiple different people writing, or personalities. If this is the case, then it was a coordinated effort among the scientific elites of the day. In which case, you should follow it harder.
>>
>>18880426
You're just bitter, and will not be convinced of anything. I forgive you for it.

The term is 'Christphobic'
one who abhors or does not understand jesus and his teachings. one who rationalizes that they have no belief in heaven or hell.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.