[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lucid dreaming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How do I get better at lucid dreaming/remembering dreams? I remember my dreams about every day but only somewhat so it's kinda like half remembering? Also I manage to lucid dream about twice a month but I want to be more consistent.
>>
>>18876434
Takes a lot of practice, Closest I personally ever came to is was my walls in my room caved in and colors changed from dark to yellowish reddish blues. Almost like a kaleidoscope effect. Also everything went numb, and I felt like I was floating which turned into an outerbody feeling. This extent took me nearly an hour or maybe an hour and a half of not moving. Key is to keep your eyes closed and remain closed and DO NOT THINK! I know its hard but dont think, its very important not to talk in your mind or think. just focus on breathing.
>>
>>18876434
bump
>>
>>18876434
There's a bunch of different techniques but there are two important things that people rarely mention.
Meditation and no-fap.
>>
No-fap?? Trolling or is there a reason??
>>
>>18876523
May not work for everybody, but for me, dreams started to become much more vivid, meaningful and consistent already after 4-5 days of nofap.
>>
When you have the day off from work (or if you are unemployed), plant as many "reality checks" as you can throughout your daily activities. For example, always have a pad of paper to write words on. Test reality all the time while awake, and you'll do it in your dreams. In your dreams, the words will morph and transform, giving you a sign you're dreaming.

Go for a hike in the woods all day, and constantly ask, am I dreaming? Is this tree a dream? Is this bird a dream?

If you can meditate for 10 hours straight, asking yourself if you are in a dream, and testing it if it is true....if you do this seven days a week, you will lucid dream seven days a week.

If you only put 20 minutes a day into trying to lucid dream, chances are you will not. You have to dedicate a lot of time to it. Also keep a dream journal.
>>
Nice awesome advice!!
>>
File: lucid dream basics version 2.png (2MB, 1600x1597px) Image search: [Google]
lucid dream basics version 2.png
2MB, 1600x1597px
>>
>>18876434
i can't give advice on inducing lucid dreams, but practicing forming mental images will help a lot with clarity and memory. whenever you visualize something in the daytime, force yourself to include specific details about colors, textures, sensory stimuli. if you want, write these things down or draw them. same goes for dreams immediately after waking up. you'll want to have practice creating things and places mentally so you can fully enjoy times when you achieve lucidity.
>>
>>18876434
I can teach anyone to dream lucidly. It's very simple. But almost no one does it because it's tedious, time-consuming, and requires a great deal of discipline.

The most important thing is to keep a dream journal. Just the desire to have a lucid dream is usually enough to cause one, since the subconscious is highly suggestible. The problem is, we know that dreams vanish within 15 minutes of waking unless you write them down. Furthermore, Freud did experiments where he had people write down their dreams repeatedly -- immediately upon waking, 15 minutes later, an hour later, a day later, and so on -- and realized that the memory of the dream constantly changes. The only way for you to have a lucid dream AND REMEMBER IT is to keep a dream journal. That means keeping a pen and paper beside your bed and getting into the habit of scribbling down your dreams as quickly as possible the INSTANT you wake.

Most people can't be bothered to put that much effort into lucid dreaming, so they keep asking this question over and over hoping to get an answer which doesn't involve any work or discipline.
>>
>>18876434
I've been lucid dreaming quite a bit lately, and I think it's because I'm laying off the alcohol the best I can. Basically I go to sleep and slip into it. I feel like I'm awake but then something happens that lets me realize I'm actually dreaming.

Today I dreamt that I got out of bed and was excited because my girlfriend was actually cleaning, but I was there too so I lunged at myself. "You mother fucker I'm me, get out of here!" then I kicked my ads and thought I woke up, but was still dreaming when I called out to her and the dog got out of bed.

Its weird, usually it's pretty cool, but sometimes I'm just more aware in an actual dream and sometimes I'm moving around my room.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.