[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is the secret to the afterlife in dreaming?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Sleeping is like being in a death like state. An eternal void of blackness until your mind thinks of something, resulting in a dream. What if death is just falling into a literal eternal dream like state? Your ability to control this state determines the nature of your "being". If you were to master things like lucid dreaming Astral projection, etc, you could control the reality you find yourself in, within this dream state. If not, or if you become fearful in this state, you may end up in a nightmare (hell).

Discuss.
>>
>>18875874
Yeah, I get that feeling too. But with sleep it's different, you are letting your subconscious take over.

You are still breathing, still pumping blood etc.

What will you do when you know that you are done? When that voice in your head tells you that everything you know will soon be gone, and where you go, you will never come back. And there is nothing you can do but accept it.

People enjoy sleep.
>>
>>18875874
have you ever had a dream that seemed to last years and years ?
>>
>>18876134
Yes I have. I remember dreaming so long and so vividly once that when I woke up, I legit spiraled into an existential crisis for a few hours.
>>
Makes sense until you consider the physical decomposition of the brain

Now I'm going to go write a short story about living in the dream of a decomposing brain
>>
>>18875874
If the Universe is infinite, then every possibility WILL happen eventually, meaning your dreams will literally come true.

That dream you had where you got buttraped by a squid will happen.
>>
>>18875874
Your inner space has boundaries beyond your control, even while lucide dreamins you don't control everything that happens and you depend on your capacity to adapt to the unknown.

Just like in real life we don't control what happens around us and we just trust in our previous knowledge and the people.

If you can trust people and in yourself, the more power you have inside dream state.
>>
File: 1489131308800.jpg (495KB, 1305x1265px) Image search: [Google]
1489131308800.jpg
495KB, 1305x1265px
>>18875874
>all religion was a elder god troll to fuck you over in the afterlife dream state
>>
>>18875874
>Sleeping is like being in a death-like state
Not even remotely.
>an eternal void of blackness
Blackness implies consciousness, experience
>until your mind think sof something resulting in a dream
Dreams are the result of REM sleep, not some agency on your part. Sleep and dreams are explicit and understood brain states very clearly separate from the ceasing of all function.

>>18877089
>If the Universe is infinite, then every possibility WILL happen eventually
Technically true if utterly meaningless
>meaning your dreams will literally come true
Retarded. If the universe is infinite or there are infinite universes that says nothing about its contents. You are correct that all things that can happen (read: has a nonzero chance of occurring) will happen on an infinite scale, but there is absolutely no way of determining what has a chance of occurring.

It is entirely possible that even in an infinite multiverse our earth in our universe is the only source of intelligent life. There is no math you can provide that would say such is impossible.
>>
>>18875874
Your body and brain is most active, "alive" when you sleep though.
>>
I'm saying being asleep is the closest experience to what death would be like you can have.
>>
So it's possible that dreaming is a sort of access point to whatever it is we call the afterlife, or void, etc. It has boundaries while we are alive, yes. But is an access point nonetheless. The training grounds for death.
>>
File: 1471719174261.jpg (37KB, 659x517px) Image search: [Google]
1471719174261.jpg
37KB, 659x517px
Look into the teachings of Hypnos and Thanatos. It is through the veil of dream and death that we find the key of nous.
>>
>>18875874
>Sleeping is like being in a death like state

Only to the "physical" body your consciousness never experiences a death like state.

>An eternal void of blackness until your mind thinks of something, resulting in a dream

People have to try and understand that this "void" this "nothingness" isn't a thing, you only remember what you need to.

>If you were to master things like lucid dreaming Astral projection, etc, you could control the reality you find yourself in,

It doesn't work like that, that would be to say your ego controls what experience you have, your ego has no control.

>Discuss.

Be more specific if you're still there and we can
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.