[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Regarding Life After Death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1434079407528.jpg (116KB, 720x541px)
1434079407528.jpg
116KB, 720x541px
Is the afterlife truly what holy books/scriptures make it out to be or can it be anything you'd want it to be?
>>
nothing changes
>>
>>18875613
No. You die. Your bodily organs fail you, your heart stops beating, and your consciousness ceases to exist. There is nothing more. All concepts of life after death, in all forms, come from creative responses to the human brain's inability to conceive of it's own non-existance. You will die. End of story. Game over. All atoms will lose energy, all motion slows, all light will fade. Just accept your fate with dignity, because nothing will ever change the end we all march to. Death is the end. Accept it.
>>
you have to create some sort of brain scanner that can project someone's inner mind scenery/thoughts. then you have to use it on someone on the brink of death . maybe then you d get a glimpse of the afterlife
>>
File: 677155_f520.jpg (50KB, 520x604px) Image search: [Google]
677155_f520.jpg
50KB, 520x604px
>>18875619
>eternity reading /x/
>>
>>18875679
blah blah blah I watch ted talks blah blah I fulfill my spiritual needs by my little pony blah blahblah
>>
>>18875679
>There is nothing more.

Do you have evidence?
>>
File: latest[1].png (351B, 266x238px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
351B, 266x238px
>>18875679
I really wish I could believe this because it seems very peaceful. Not like sleep, but to just stop existing.

I honestly believe there is something and have not clear idea what it is, but I figure if I was spossed to know, I would know.
>>
>>18875679
>dignity

But darling, thats a human feeling. There is no point in having dignity if not to show to other fellow men. Death its the most lonely thing to happen to a human being. There is no need for dignity upon death. Of course, one could argue that your social persona its the most real and palpable abstract reality and you should clingy to it, since it's the most close to a "life after death" a cynical realist would get.

I know you're being objective and taking a logical conclusion based on everything we could see and prove up to now, but there is no evidence either for the "no life" hypothesis.

Should one follow your advice or leave it?

The answer lies in what you feel most comfortable with.

"No life" and "afterlife" are both hypothesis. Of course, the one that points out that there is life should be the one to prove it, but that rivalry won its right to exist after thousands of years of belief.
>>
File: IMG_1011.jpg (55KB, 444x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1011.jpg
55KB, 444x610px
But wouldn't heaven be anything you'd want it to be? I don't want it to be a black and white situation but I definitely believe we go to a new dimension.
>>
>>18875613
We.
Don't.
Know.

Asking living people what the afterlife is like, is like asking people who have never tasted pizza what pizza tastes like.
>>
>>18875613
The universe likes to recycle energy that is something clear at this point, probably depending on how much negative energy you have loaded, or karma, you can choose one next to try to contribute to your energetic evolution, there are many factors according to some cultures. but all its chained to this current life, who you evolve mentally its important.
>>
File: 1432792871989.jpg (72KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432792871989.jpg
72KB, 1920x1080px
OP here,

>>18876473
I also enjoy the idea of a different dimension that we can go to after death and often try to have confidence in such an outcome despite what others may say, even though it does tend to get to me sometimes. The way I see it, I want mine to be my memories and craziest fantasies come to life.

>>18876489
I love this post, hell, I even capped it. But yes, I definitely try to keep myself in tune with who I truly identify myself as. With the time I have here on Earth, I want to see some portions of my imagination in the form of various arts (music, movies, drawings, etc.) done by myself. Whether it sounds crazy or not is your perspective, but I know that I wanna hold my confidence and maybe even put my own life on the line for what makes me happy.
>>
This thread is the same routine every time.

You have the guy who says there is nothing after death like it is an established fact.

Then you have the crazy DMT theories and spiritual realm bullshit.

I am very comfortable saying I don't fucking know. To be honest, to be off this shit hole of a planet is good enough for me.
>>
>>18875613
One thing is clear, regardless of what (if anything) happens after death, everything you think of as "you" -- your memories, your feelings, your sense of self -- dies with your brain. We know this because damage to the brain damages all of these things. If any part of you continues to exist, it's not a part of you that you would currently recognize as part of your personal identity.

So enjoy what life you have, since it's all you get.
>>
>>18876484
>Asking living people what the afterlife is like, is like asking people who have never tasted pizza what pizza tastes like.
So ask someone who's been dead. Isn't, you brickhead?
>>
>>18876560
You would still technically be here in both scenarios.
>>
>>18876568
Learn to speak english properly you fucking trash. You make no sense.
>>
There are people (like me) who have experienced things, but then there are those that will lie about their experiences and thus you are in an uncomfortable position should you want to listen.

I'll tell you mine however.

Yeah, I felt one night a divine pressence, then I experienced gnosis or apotheosis, my body became very light, healthy and agile, my mind expanded, became very sharp and focused and clear, reality seemed false, time seemed altered strangely and I felt like divinity was inside me. That night I dreamt I was going to heaven.

In meditation i saw a girl accompanied with friendly wolves in a night forest scene.

I once felt like loving myself and fell in bed embracing myself and loving myself all over, I fell asleep and dreamt I traveled in spirit to a grill, I only saw her shilouette inside some geometrical shapes, she had chackras which I pushed with my hands while I had sex with her, woke up with my dick feeling as if I had had sex.

As you can see, no religion quite matches, you could argue gnosticism and you'd be wrong.
>>
>>18876597
>speak english properly
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brickhead
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.