[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Julian the Apostate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1387733874031.jpg (140KB, 821x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1387733874031.jpg
140KB, 821x1226px
Hello /x/.

So /his/ has not been any help to me and you lot seem like the only other bunch that would be knowledgeable on the subject I'm interested in.

I was listening to 'History of Rome' podcast recently.
And the during an episode on Julian 'the apostate', there is a brief discussion on some of the religious reforms he had planned.
Unfortunately, the podcast failed to go into much detail.

I find the idea of a centralized Hellenic religion, organized around a Neoplatonic view of the universe very interesting.
Unfortunately, I have failed to locate any sources that give much detail on what Julian had planned.

While I know this is abit of a shot in the dark.
I would greatly appreciate if anyone here would be able to provide me with some detail on this topic.
>>
>>18875287
I think /his/ might help you. I'm interested in hearing more about this.
>>
>>18875287

Look up what were the words he uttered on the deathbed.
>>
>>18875287
Julian the Wise
>>
>>18875376

"you have won O Galilean"
>>
>>18875376
Those words were falsely misattributed to him by a critic of his long after Julian's death.
>>
>>18875287
At one point he tried to rebuild the great jewish temple of jerusalem, yu know the one jesus supposedly exploded on death?
Yeah that went horribly wrong due to all kinds of shit.
He also wanted at one point to run the pagan version of christian charities and actively went out of his way to subvert christianity as much as he possibly could.
The guy was seriously butthurt about it for reasons to this day nobody understands.
>>
>>18875287
>/his/ didn't help
Sad.

Try >>18869942, maybe somebody can give you a light.
Also, you could take a look in the European folder and Neo Platonism folder in the MEGA library, might have something you're looking for.

Good luck.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.