[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/, can someone please outline each of the 11 dimensions of M theory?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: images-2.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
/x/, can someone please outline each of the 11 dimensions of M theory?
>>
Can you elaborate what you mean? What is M and M theory?
>>
File: 1488526731262.jpg (15KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1488526731262.jpg
15KB, 256x256px
>>18874503
Nobody is willing to do your homework for you. Try /sci/
>>
>>18874503
In layman's terms:
3 "familiar" spatial dimensions
6 "compactified" spatial dimensions
1 time dimension
1 energy dimension

"Compactified" means the dimension is too small to be seen from our macro POV. Consider the analogy of a laser beam. From our macroscopic view, that laser beam is 1 dimensional. But if you were to look REALLY REALLY close - like quantum levels of scale - you would see that the 1-D laser line actual DOES have width and depth. It's some number of photons thick, or perhaps even 1 photon thick. But it STILL has more than just 1 dimension. The 6 compactified spatial dimensions work the same way, but even smaller.

That's about as far as my understanding goes. No idea how the "energy dimension" is supposed to work. But I DO know that 11th dimension came about specifically for M-Theory, which basically said "all these separate, competing String Theories are correct, but only if you look at them from an 11th dimension."
>>
>>18874503
Speaking of M theory, whatever happened to M? (The poster)
>>
>>18875039
Time and energy dimension are the same. 6 compact spatial dimensions are a single, fluxing dimension. In reality, this creates four dimensions. The dimension of energy is the sum of the flux within itself.

Dot
line
depth
space
light
>>
M had a hit tune in the early 1980s called Pop Music.
>>
>>18875039
A laser obviously has more than one dimension.
>>
>>18874503
what if the folded dimensions are like double folded and we are the actual folded dimensions and theres and vast unfolded dimension above us
>>
>>18875168
>whatever happened to M? (The poster)
Oh shit, I remember that guy, I think I still have some of the threads saved up somewhere
>>
>>18874503
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3ivpV5OSUs
From the man himself.
>>
>>18876834
>analogy

>>18876883
Damn, this guy sounds EXACTLY like the main character from Silicon Valley.
>>
>>18875393
How is the research and early stages of the book that yourself and the other "Mystery" anons are putting together going? Still looking at a release this year?
I recall one of you guys saying you weren't going to live more than a week from the time of posting, I really hope that wasn't true and everyone is okay. Are you able to say whether or not they managed to get the help they needed in time?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.