[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's Talk About John Titor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 34

File: fractal-731664_1920.jpg (952KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
fractal-731664_1920.jpg
952KB, 1920x1440px
I found the case of John Titor to be incredibly interesting and would love to talk more about the various aspects his 'mystery' brings up.

His original posts can be found via the Wayback Machine:
>https://web.archive.org/web/20010413040811/http://bbs.artbell.com/showthread.php?threadid=1203&pagenumber=1

We can talk about the mathematics, the logistics of time travel within a multiple worlds interpretation of the superverse, the facts, Steins;Gate, whatever you want.

I think (besides the Math) that trying to piece together the timeline is fascinating and will take us down a rabbit hole of surface-level research.

Great Scott!

Prepare your reasoning skills and skepticism, it's going to be a bumpy ride.
>>
>>18873904
(Yawn)
Oh look. This shit again.
>>
I guess before we get to the timeline I should expand on what I mean by 'the facts'. By this I mean other historical 'anomalies', such as the explosion in Tunguska, Mandela Effects, etc.

The mystery of John Titor, along with other historically unexplained 'phenomenon' brings up some interesting questions which we may or may not get to.

So let's get to the timeline Mr. John Titor posits:

>Travelled from 2036 to 1975 for IBM 5100
Let's assume that time travel only creates a seperate worldline only when you travel into the past, because reasons, and assuming minimum number of time travel trips for simplicity's sake (Hey, I'm not Michio Kaku).

So he enters our worldline (whose worldline is the original?) completes his mission, or at least a part of it, and then travels to 2001 in our worldline because social and cultural assessment and reasons.

> John Titor travels to 2001 before heading 'home' to 2036 in our worldline
During his time here John posted on various boards about his time travel mission/adventure and talked about his worldline, events that occured or will occur, etc. And a lot of back and forth with forum users that wanted sports info, stock market info, etc.

Interestingly, John Titor posted his code of ethics during Time Travel which included 3 rules:

>1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips.

>2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bomb information.

>3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being. I will not disclose names or events associated with individuals.

Solid rules to follow. But they seemed awfully familiar.. Then I remembered Isaac Asimov's 'Three Laws of Robotics'

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Laws_of_Robotics
>>
>>18873908
Haha. I totally understand the skepticism and hatred for topics like these. But may I ask with sincerity, what is it about cases of time travel and John Titor in particular that makes you respond the way you do?

I think the notion of time travel is a great intro to physics, math, and is very romantic. Also why I post on /x/ :)
>>
>>18873929

John Titor's Code of Ethics while Time Travelling lines up almost perfectly to Asimov's three laws. Which is interesting.

John Titor even mentions worldline divergence and convergence points. When you look into the mathematics of quantum computers, and how they work, a lot of these ideas are very compelling.

The basic idea of a quantum computer is that they can have switches that are both on and off at the same time, called a 'superposition'.

This is related to the idea of Schrodinger's Cat.
E. Schrodinger even prefaced some of his earlier lectures that what he may talk about may seem like madness.

But anyways, I'm starting to branch off on my own now.

What do YOU guys want to talk about?

I'll be back in a few hours.
>>
How do I get out of this timeline/worldline/universe.

I still want Just a bit more time to sort things out in my head without interference and don't like where it seems we are headed.
>>
What really gets me about Titor are the little things he got right, like seeming to predict the rise of YouTube, and hats coming back into style.
>>
>>18874397
>>
>>18874340

>Just a bit more time to sort things out in my head without interference
>without interference

The resources and magicks* (anything the plebs wouldn't understand) necessary are probably all HEAVILY monitored and tracked by the higher powers that be.

Even if you did, the condition that it is a worldline without heavy interference. Boy, how many universes away will that be? And will it even look anything like the one you left?

You also have to deal with the fact another you exists on that worldline and how that might impact the two of you.

But there's a silver lining.

There's a version of you in a universe where everything isn't so messed up. So take heart, soldier!
>>
>>18874471
Rolling for dubs.
>>
>>18874481
Rolling again.
>>
File: Doc_Brown.jpg (52KB, 300x470px) Image search: [Google]
Doc_Brown.jpg
52KB, 300x470px
I am less interested in his predictions than I am in what it would take to recreate his time machine.

I really want a time machine.
>>
>>18873904
John Titor was a grade A LARPer nothing more
>>
File: 075162av689asd{{]18.jpg (121KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
075162av689asd{{]18.jpg
121KB, 500x633px
>>18874506
>>
>>18874603
>Bring a village handheld fire
>Fuck all their daughters as an offering.
>>
>>18874610
now youre thinking with portals
>>
>>18874434
Exactly.
>>
>>18874663
We just don't like having our memories and lives tampered with. At least keep a record. :/
>>
>>18874677
Que?
>>
>>18874677

Check em. Bad luck Mr Babadook.

>>18874471
>>
>>18874682
Tranny bum rape had to happen to the Babadook sometime. I'll vlog about it. Bye /x/ <3
>>
File: 1389437896771.jpg (98KB, 1025x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1389437896771.jpg
98KB, 1025x1200px
Steins;Gate was pretty shitty once the show became "we built a time machine to stop ourselves from building a time machine."
I like the main character but otherwise it was an extremely disappointing animu. 3/10.
>>
File: Girls.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>>18874691
>he didn't /getit/
>>
>>18874735
In a parallel timeline this show was actually good tu tu tu
>>
>>18873904
Didn't he fail every single prediction he did? There was no Civil War and no WWIII (At least not yet)

He always mentioned that our timelines were 2% different, but that number is waaaay higher with all the things he failed to predict.
>>
File: 34534534635.jpg (103KB, 1286x601px) Image search: [Google]
34534534635.jpg
103KB, 1286x601px
>>18874757
Keep shilling /a/
>>
>>18874765
2% is a HUGE difference when it comes to universes. Imagine the butterfly effect 2% can have on the events of the world. I think our historical events could be very different from Titor's and it might not prove he wasn't telling the truth.
>>
>>18873904
>(4) I’m glad to see it’s so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a “no arrmer” and a “no legger”.
>01-31-2001 02:14 AM
>24. Yes, there is an entertainment industry. Again, it is very decentralized. The technology to express yourself with video is so readily available that many people do it all by themselves or in small groups. Much of the distribution is over the web. I would compare it theater here.
>02-09-2001 02:02 PM

Even as a skeptic, these made me balk a little.
>>
File: mayurin-desu.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
mayurin-desu.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>18874765
Unfortunately, that's the way these time travel things go. The best we can do is try to piece together our timeline as accurately as possible.

>>18875060
If nothing else, his posts make a FANTASTIC read. Whenever I hear other people summarizing his posts I feel that they did not read all of it or do not want to disclose the things he said :/

I had a long day so I'm a recoup. Hopefully this thread is still alive when I'm back.

>>18874757
What'd you guys think about the manga VS anime?
>>
>>18875827
Oh, one more thing. Here's the archive of the mandela effect whistleblower talking about the Berenstain Bears, etc.

>https://randomarchive.com/board/b/thread/700602767

Enjoy!
>>
>>18874454
>There's a version of you in a universe where everything isn't so messed up. So take heart, soldier!
I'm jealous of that other me, I need to take his place.
>>
Didn't ZERO of his predictions come true? And I don't buy that infinite multiverse shit to cover up his failed predictions.
>>
Shotgun infantry.
>>
>>18874471
Looking forward to it.
>>
File: 1491373784276.jpg (204KB, 900x973px) Image search: [Google]
1491373784276.jpg
204KB, 900x973px
>>18873929
>>18873929
What if John is an AI?
That would explain the laws and the fact that he communicated via the Internet, and also he went back to recover computer shit.
>>
>>18874340
>timeline/worldline
Worldlines are just the paths particles trace through spacetime, they are inescapable.
>>
>>18875060
>4) I’m glad to see it’s so easy for to dismiss the Middle East. Yes, I suppose it is a no brainer but pretty soon it will be a “no arrmer” and a “no legger”.
>Even as a skeptic, these made me balk a little.

For me, his third point was more interesting than the fourth one.
>(3) The “Mad Cow” story here is yet to begin but don’t worry, the fruited jellitine deserts are safe.
He's posting in January but it was in Autumn of that year when BSE surfaced again after the end of epidemic in 1998. That was when BSE was found from cows in other European countries.

Though it took until 2003 for it to be found in Canada (the second reported case in North America). And later that year the leafs exported it to USA and it took until 2005 for the first USA-born cow to be diagnosed with BSE.

I'm sure people of 2001 still remembered 3 years old news reports about BSE so it could just be a lucky guess of a good larper but it didn't take even a year for the prediction to come true (in Europe).
>>
>has time machine
>comes back for an obsolete computer

>swears to uphold integrity of timeline by not giving away too much info
>stays with grandparents

Wasn't even good lore. Goddamn people were fucking stupid in the early 2000s.
>>
>>18873908
If we get WWIII he wasn't so wrong after all.

And we should be looking for that computer.
>>
>>18877910
Yeah, he kind of was wrong on pretty much everything. Still, don't let the facts get in the way of your red neck fantasies.
>>
>>18878280
I'll be combing through all of his predictions later tonight after 'reality-sh**'.

Are there any you find particularly striking as proof that he is just WRONG?
>>
The fact is that serous investigators took up the challenge to resolve this. The make and model of the car in the photographs was researched. In Florida, there were only a few. One of them was registered to a person who worked for a media company that had ordered a significant quantity of optic fiber rods. Taking closer examination of the photo showing the 'bending' of light, we see that the supposed light beam shows no diminishing in reflectivity when NOT passing through smoke. This is clear indication that the beam is actually an optic fiber rod.

It's a great story, but it is only fiction. Of course, the truth is probably stranger.
>>
>>18876895
Wow, so we managed to stop the epidemic that tore his world asunder in his time line.....

Yet the U.S. still can't figure out health care. What strange times.
>>
You have to see it from a less subjective viewpoint. Try not to see time as a common progression of cause to effect, but rather and mix and match up of many things...
>>
>>18877897
The lore was pretty good. People think the IBM 5100 was a reference to the "2038" problem which is pretty legit. Some people speculate, he was or knew someone who was in the know in tech. The bigger problem was the contradictory posts. Like he said he fought in the civil war he predicted and then he said he hid during that civil war. But the larping was pretty grade A I think
>>
>computer printers don't work well and typewirters become more popular
>>>>>>

That sounds like more than a 2% diversion.
>>
>>18877897
>Wasn't even good lore. Goddamn people were fucking stupid in the early 2000s.
How am summon succubus is better.
>>
As someone from the future, I'm really getting a kick out of this thread. I traveled back to 1982. The trip backwards only took a moment, but unfortunately, my time machine can only go forward at normal speed.
>>
>>18879660
I can barely get a printer to work with a 0% diversion.
>>
>>18879585
He's just referring to it as "story" so it could be interpreted many ways. If we assume he was just talking about a little scare when it spreads to some cows in other countries and media goes crazy about it, then he was right.
>>
File: 1111.jpg (135KB, 890x547px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
135KB, 890x547px
>>
File: elementary-my-dear-watson.jpg (12KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
elementary-my-dear-watson.jpg
12KB, 300x168px
Text ahoy!

>Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975.

>My “time” machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two, top-spin, dual-positive singularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid.
Let’s see if General Electric has played a part in developing advanced military equipment..

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_100_Contractors_of_the_U.S._federal_government

They are one of the top 100 contractors of the U.S., but they are ranked #31, if you believe Wikipedia. But General Electric did have a monopoly when WW2 started on superchargers for US military aircraft. Since 2036 isn’t too far off (even taking into consideration a 2%, +/- ~3 year difference) it’s entirely possible John Titor didn’t have access to the ‘latest and greatest’ models in space-time travel.

>https://www.geaviation.com/company/aviation-history

John Titor’s Predictions on the Future:

Starting chronologically from the first date he started posting on bbs.artbell.com

>Later this year (2001), one of two favorable windows will open and I will return to 2036.
John Titor stopped posting on March 24, 2001.

He is obviously referring to a time window. Now this is where surface-web research fails. The only information looking up ‘time windows’ will give you is a Doctor Who wikia.

>http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Time_window

Gotta start somewhere, right? I don’t understand what the physical effects of opening a time window would entail. Electromagnetic anomalies? Supernatural occurences? Hard to know what to look for to prove this. Feel free to jump in and take over ;)

>... even in 2036, there are a large number of people who don’t believe in time travel.
I can believe this. Like trying to teach quantum physics to a dog.
>>
>>18874691
dammit you spoiled it for me
>>
File: matrix-sherlock-holmes.jpg (151KB, 656x403px) Image search: [Google]
matrix-sherlock-holmes.jpg
151KB, 656x403px
Oh, excuse the bad formatting and jumpy logic. First time posting anything close to decent. I’ll get the hang of it. Eventually.

>As for the printing technology in 2036, you may be surprised at how many people use typewriters ...

People are still using typewriters today.
>https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/people-are-still-using-typewriters-you-just-stopped-paying-attention-313
>https://www.quora.com/Do-people-still-use-typewriters

>I get no pleasure out of being right when it comes to CJD disease, war in the Middle East or suffering people in far away lands.
Fellow anons have covered this one before in the thread.

>As far as I can tell right now, you are headed toward the same events I would call “my history” in 2036.
Yikes, I hope not.

>Most of the working theory [on time travel] has been around on a large scale since 1970 and the technical breakthroughs are happening on your worldline right now.
Technically, this is not a prediction as it is a hypothetical observation (really it is an accurate one, but let’s assume skepticism for the moment).

>Technology is not gone in 2036 nor is it the private domain of “government” leaders. Computer printers just didn’t work very well on 12 volts and many people just got used to doing things the old way.
First part sounds plausible. Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, DIY, etc. Don’t know enough about electricity and hardware to comment on the second part.

>... in 2036, we are unable to travel back 1000 years due to the error rate in the system [distortion units are only accurate to about 60 years or so.]
I think people make the mistake that John Titor is working for the rich conglomerates or the ‘government’. He/She is probably part of some resistance group who had access to some older time machines, or restored ones, assuming that most of them were destroyed after the three minute war.
>>
>>18878722
It is that horizontal truth, or tangential truth, that makes this all the worth while.
>>
>”The year 2008 was a general date by which time everyone will realize the world they thought they were living in was over.”

Given + ~3 years, let’s see what happened in 2005/2011..

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011
Arab Springs, ‘Official’ Death of Osama Bin Laden, End of the Iraq War, First Artificial Organ Transplant, NASA announces possible liquid water on Mars..

>”The civil war in the United States will start in 2004. I would describe it as a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse.”

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_in_the_United_States

2005 was not a good year for civil stability for the USA.. It seems the 2.5% divergence has a tendency to fluctuate per event? Head starts to hurt even trying to think about ALL the possible variables involved with interdimensional space-time manipulation.

The Waco siege was an ATF raid against the Branch Davidian compound under the assumption they had illegal firearms and explosives. I do not know much about this event, but it seems there is evidence to show the ATF did not have a valid warrant, and that the firearms and explosives were legal, or that illegal ones were planted on them. So basically a Waco-type event is US Government VS People.

>The conflict will consume everyone in the US by 2012 and end in 2016 with a very short WWIII.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_incidents_of_civil_unrest_in_the_United_States#2000s

I would say around 2015 is when most of the USA experienced civil unrest. If you want an undisputable moment of national American civil unrest:

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Donald_Trump_Chicago_rally_protest
>>
So how are all his predictions wrong again?

Given that it was John himself who told us about the worldline divergence..

>"As far as the future goes, your worldline is about 2.5% different than mine. This is a roughly cumulative measurement based on my arrival in 1975. As far as I can tell right now, you are headed toward the same events I would call “my history” in 2036. However, the very nature of time travel states that every worldline is unique and you are very much in control of what you do and how you get there. Heck, the fact that I’m here makes it different from mine."
>>
File: deus-ex-machina.jpg (479KB, 990x662px) Image search: [Google]
deus-ex-machina.jpg
479KB, 990x662px
>>18880630

Oh, and in case people thought I was arbitrarily cherry picking a year..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008

CERN launches proton beam for 'first time' in LHC. NASA's Phoenix lands on northern POLAR region of Mars.
>>
>The breakthrough that will allow for this technology [time travel] will occur within a year or so when CERN brings their larger facility online.

Is John talking about the Large Hadron Collider built between 1998-2008:
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Or the (hypothetical) Very Large Hadron Collider?
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Very_Large_Hadron_Collider

In any case, surface-web research doesn’t show anything about LHC going online until after 2008. But as an investor, 3 years without any results would be a LONG time.

I'm tired. I'll get back to this later. Good night /x/
>>
>>18873904

and this started so inocently,
>>
Nothing I have see or heard about/from John Titor has lead me to believe that he was nothing more than just an elaborate role-player. An extremely well thought out, intelligent, and entertaining one at that though, and the lore and discussion around him also very entertaining and thought provoking. Guy definitely deserves some props. Vague predictions that don't exactly work out explained by a cover of sci-fi fantasy jargon do not cut it for me. Assuming it is all true, even with the 2% difference and his three rules, there had to be some concrete thing/event he should have been able to point out to validate all his claims.
>>
File: thug-poet.jpg (54KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
thug-poet.jpg
54KB, 700x700px
John Titor Posts pt.1
> https://pastebin.com/SgFdGcu1

pt.2
> https://pastebin.com/JzuJE8ym

pt.3
> https://pastebin.com/fPKVaRBQ
>>
File: challenger.jpg (62KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
challenger.jpg
62KB, 1280x720px
>>18880674

Tell you what. I'll believe you if you can point to a single case using the pastebin posts above that John Titor EVER violated these three rules:
>>18873929

>1. I will not disclose any information that will cause someone to personally gain by its knowledge. This means no stock or sports tips.

>2. I will not disclose any detailed information that would allow someone to avoid death by probability. This means no earthquake or bomb information.

>3. I will not disclose any information that may compromise any future actions by individual people or threaten their family and well-being. I will not disclose names or events associated with individuals.

Should be easy for a fine upstanding skeptic as yourself.

I challenge you to intellectual fisticuffs sir.
>>
>>18880728
Never said he did, or atleast I didn't mean for it to come across that way. Also not trying to convince or change anyone's opinion on the John Titor story. I personally think it was all just an elaborate well thought out entertaining LARP. Love talking/reading about, even still open to changing my mind about it. I just have not come across anything as of yet to make me think differently.
>>
What was the reason that he needed that specific computer from the 70s? Does anyone here have an understanding of the systems he was referring to? If I remember correctly, he said it had something to do with that computer bridging between two systems as one of those systems was becoming obsolete.
>>
File: timetravel.jpg (112KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
timetravel.jpg
112KB, 630x630px
>>
>>18880637
If his predictions are not totally wrong then the final result would be a '2036' pretty similar to his. We need to take note of the upcoming major convergence events.

>“Some things that are quite different on one worldline have very little effect as time passes and the worldlines appear to ‘converge’ again and look very similar. Worldline changes are not exponential; they act more like chaotic attractors with varying effect depending on their size and location.”
>>
Can we link up or something? I have questions and want to keep contacts. Group chat, emails,whatever...
>>
>>18881124
It had some special function that allowed it to easily emulate other systems, or something. I'm sure someone who actually knows about computers could explain it better.
>>
>>18874471
Roll roll roll
>>
>>18883414
Once more
>>
>>18883446
The trick is that the dubs actually want you to be bumblasted.
>>
>>18873904
>Steins;Gate
Season 2 fucking when?
>>
>>18873904
El psy congroo is after me.
Kek help me.
>>
File: savetheday.png (257KB, 749x468px) Image search: [Google]
savetheday.png
257KB, 749x468px
>>18880520
>>18880574
>>18880630
>>18880650

Mr. Trouble never hangs around, when he hears this mighty sound

> tuturuu

Resuming prediction analysis:

> “There are no missing pieces…just missing energy levels and a few very interesting subatomic particles.”

The Higgs-Boson and subsequent sub-atomic particles?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson#Scalar_fields_and_extension_of_the_Standard_Model

> “After the war, the U.S. had divided into 5 general areas based on their economic and defensive strengths.”

Something to look out for.

Someone who knows more about the geo-political makeup and complex socio-economic structure of the USA might be able to chime in. I know there are a lot of books written by well-respected US historians, etc. that divide the US into exactly 5 regions.

> “Many people blamed the government organization for the war and the last Constitutional Congress was held in 2020 to officially scrap the Constitution and start over.”

Hmm. Actually, excluding the two quotes above, I’m going to stop commenting on predictions for dates that haven’t passed yet. Doesn’t seem relevant to the analysis, and reasons.

> “The 5100 isn’t required for its reliability, its needed to translate between APL, UNIX and a few obscure IBM mainframe languages.”

It’s the ‘obscure IBM mainframe languages’ that piques my interest.
>>
>>18874471
Me please
>>
>>18874765
That's cause he found the computer he was looking for. That stopped y2k from happening which is what triggers all those events. Didn't read anything?
>>
John Titor is intriguing but I doubt there would be a way calculate the difference between our worldline and his. (Roughly 2.5%)
>>
The whole idea of time travel on its face is retarded, scientists talk a lot of shit about time travel when the reality is Time is not real it is literally a concept to explain the movement on atoms through space.

Funny enough "time travel" forward is possible if you are within a strong enough gravity well as the movement of everything within such a well is slowed down compared to the outside universe. But going backwards is not possible because there is no backwards
>>
>>18884553

That's why you can time-travel forward on the same worldline but time travel back in time requires a seperate worldline.

Or if you watched Donnie Darko, a tangential universe.
>>
It was a nice. comfy hoax. Went viral in a pre-social media world.

Not one of the predictions came true though. Sorry but Terminator style time travel is pure science fiction and literally impossible.
>>
>>18884587

Michio Kaku - Physics of the Impossible

Co-founder of string theory and "specializes in 'time travel'". Neil Degrasse Tyson's words, not mine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geBmlndUexA
>>
File: eldritch.jpg (92KB, 729x398px) Image search: [Google]
eldritch.jpg
92KB, 729x398px
There's also this. If we want to get Military-ish and Lovecraft-ish.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montauk_Project

Call of Cthulu Motion Comic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RV6htNDTwI
>>
How am I doing /x/?

Keep going with this shit or let it burn away into ashen darkness?
>>
>>18884625
Just continue. This board is too slow anyway.
>>
>>18884487

>It’s the ‘obscure IBM mainframe languages’ that piques my interest.

Gonna shed some light on this one (not really a response)

>''In 2036, it was discovered (or at least known after testing) that the
5100 computer was capable of reading and changing all of the legacy code
written by IBM before the release of that system and still be able to create
new code in APL and basic. That is the reason we need it in 2036''

So,pretty much, those obscure IBM mainframe languages are all most likely old IBM code developed and used before transitioning to APL/BASIC , if I'm not mistaken.
>>
File: 1475180430366.gif (4MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1475180430366.gif
4MB, 500x282px
>>18874471
>>
File: LaserBoy_Sitting_in_Corvette.jpg (113KB, 800x684px) Image search: [Google]
LaserBoy_Sitting_in_Corvette.jpg
113KB, 800x684px
>>18883406
>>18885587
It was a mobile version of the system used for certain mainframes
with the ability to convert between APL and some other languages like basic
Certain systems still run old IBM legacy code like in some public transportation, atms and things like that

>even in 2036, there are a large number of people who don't believe in time travel. Are you sure the world is round?
>>
File: 1491923651136.gif (411KB, 2560x1620px) Image search: [Google]
1491923651136.gif
411KB, 2560x1620px
> “Now for the physics: The grandfather paradox is impossible. In fact, all paradox is impossible. The Everett-Wheeler-Graham or multiple world theory is correct. All possible quantum states, events, possibilities and outcomes are real, eventual and occurring. The chances of everything happening someplace at sometime in the superverse is 100%.”

This was at a time (2001) when most people who weren’t physicists believed in a type of worldline heliocentrism (our worldline is the only one).

JT expands more on this, but I won’t rid you of the pleasure of reading it yourself.

> “As far as the war goes, my best advice is to find at least 5 people within 100 miles of you that you trust with your life.”

100 miles = 160 km

160 km radius most likely for nuclear fallout, drinkable water sources, etc. Again, I don’t know the specifics about radiation or any of that.
>>
>>18884487
>>18886986

> “Outright open fighting was common by then and I joined a shotgun infantry unit in 2011. I served with the “Fighting Diamondbacks” for about 4 years.”

A wise anon earlier posted the ‘shotgun infantry unit’ point and it is a tricky one to explain. So here’s my take on it:

John Titor’s timeline experienced the Y2K bug which might have caused their technological progress to take a few steps back and re-evaluate society. Along with growing civil unrest in America, this might have caused a national resurgence of militia groups looking for new recruits to help individual communities and protect them from the walled off sectors of the US government and military.

It is interesting to think that JT’s worldline may not even have experienced a 9/11 Twin Towers event.

We know that in Iraq there were shotgun infantry units, at least on TV, before the US invaded.

> “I remember seeing female Iraqi shotgun infantry on TV, at least a parade version.”

https://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?t=41884

Of course, I couldn’t find any specific videos. So I started looking into how infantry units work and the many advantages of using a shotgun for support and combat..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_shotgun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infantry_support_gun

https://www.quora.com/How-are-shotguns-used-by-the-US-Armed-Forces

So it is not impossible to think that militia groups have ‘shotgun infantry’ units.
>>
>>18886997

> “The civil war ended in 2015 when Russia attacked the U.S. cities (our enemy), China and Europe.”

This is incredibly eerie. Look at China and US Trade Relations, the Brexit shit, and of course Russia’s incredibly tense relationship with the US after the second world war..

Of course Russia didn’t attack any US cities in 2015. But here’s what did happen:
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_military_intervention_in_Syria

> “The music you enjoy now is quite popular and available it’s just not produced in anywhere near the same amount. There is a revival of “local” and classical music. Many people have learned to play their own.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGmHaMRAXuI

> “There are no crimes against time. However, if I were to go on some sort of a murder spree and I admitted it when I returned, then I would be held responsible for the crime of murder.”

I kind of have trouble believing there are NO crimes against time. But I’m not an expert on the matter to comment. Time travelling spies, assassins, and serial killers makes my head hurt.

> “I think the war would be good for you and your society. I don’t want to stop it.”

Heavy duty, man.

> “We time travel to solve problems. A great deal of effort is going into repairing the environment and infrastructure.”

I think this is more proof that JT is part of a militia group rather than part of the US military.

> “Even the news I see now indicates that continued weapons deals to allies, border clashes and overpopulation will lead to hostilities.”

> “Also, please be aware that from my viewpoint, Russia attacked my enemy who was in the U.S. cities. Yes, the U.S. did counter attack.”
>>
>>18887111

> “Taiwan, Japan and Korea were all “forcefully annexed” before N Day.”

Taiwan, Japan and Korea all have major US military bases. The recent news of the US in North Korea shows hints that America (with China’s support) will be forcefully annexing these countries. Time will tell, however.

> “The “pattern” of exchange in the war will not be a surprise.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/global-opinions/wp/2016/09/28/putin-is-making-a-mistake-in-syria-and-russia-will-pay-the-price/

> “Actually, you will probably be quite impressed with our internet. It’s based on a series of independent, self-powered nodes that are mobile and can be put up anywhere. It looks a great deal like your current cell phone system.”

Again, my lack of knowledge about how telecoms works limits my opinion. Seems like they are talking about mobile data networks (3G, 4G, or w/e)

---

Okay, before we continue. I want to take a look at Javier C's comments about JT posting in another forum and inconsistencies. Going to pastebin what I can find and put it up here.

Unos mentos.
>>
>>18873904
He is a larper. Whatever he said are all lies. No one can travel back in time.
>>
>>18887205

If you'd stop talking about stuff you don't know anything about (north Korea) then you should just not comment on that particular subject.

US doesn't wanna annex NK. Not even close
>>
File: IMG_3363.jpg (39KB, 640x519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3363.jpg
39KB, 640x519px
>>18873904
Bump.
>>
>>18887229
I can... travel "back" in "time"...
>>
>>18884583
No dude that's called fantasy land
>>
>>18887205

>Posted by Javier Cortez on 02-12-2001 07:28 PM
>John Titor is a fraud. Check out this forum he’s been posting on for months. And see how he suddenly goes quiet because he is exposed. http://www.xone.net/tti/board/ubbhtml/Forum1/HTML/000433.html
>And also see the discrepancy’s in his story. And how he attempts to lure people into believing in him. http://www.xone.net/tti/board/ubbhtml/Forum1/HTML/000367.html
>We found you TT_0, and now the calvary will soon arrive to expose you here too.
>-Javier C. A.K.A. TimeTravelActivist

Xone.net domain has been sold off, so had to check the Wayback Machine:

> https://web.archive.org/web/20010518222521/http://www.xone.net/tti/board/ubbhtml/Forum1/HTML/000433.html
> https://web.archive.org/web/20010629170552/http://www.xone.net/tti/board/ubbhtml/Forum1/HTML/000367.html

Reading over it now.
>>
>>18883406
It was undocumented COU instructions, known only to a couple of people at IBM, one of who later confirmed their existence. Regardless, is a fantastic hoax, nothing more
>>
>>18887945
Cpu*
>>
File: jtpost.png (230KB, 1479x887px) Image search: [Google]
jtpost.png
230KB, 1479x887px
>>18887440

Still reading. Taking notes. Will be back tomorrow with my take on it. The xone.net boards are very interesting to read. Perhaps even more so than the posts in OP.
>>
File: ayyy-larper-lmao.png (73KB, 1793x394px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy-larper-lmao.png
73KB, 1793x394px
> Hey /x/, let's talk about TimeTravel_0.

Hypothesis:
The man we refer to as ‘John Titor’, uses the screen handle ‘TimeTravel_0’. In actuality, his original posts never referred to his real name. TimeTravel_0 posts started in the specified thread in November 2000 and ended early-mid January 2001.

The user ‘TimeTravelActivist’ definitely seems to be a suit for some three-letter agency. He goes by another alias ‘Enforcer of Time’, and perhaps, ‘John Titor’. A strong anti-time traveller advocate who calls himself TimeTravelActivist. He signs himself as Javier C.

The initial personality of TimeTravel_0 changes after he resumes posting mid-late January 2001.

Anyways, I'll expunge more on this tomorrow.
>>
File: 1491915086926.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1491915086926.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>18888082

>Anyways, I'll expunge more on this tomorrow.
>expunge more
>expunge

*expand
>>
File: questionauthority.png (128KB, 1793x737px) Image search: [Google]
questionauthority.png
128KB, 1793x737px
>>18888082

So after reading the xone.net boards I started to suspect something funny about TimeTravel_0 AKA 'John Titor' around the end of Jan. 2001 until the time he 'left' in March 2001.

His personality takes a stark change from being distant, but sincere, and objective to becoming a bit more personal, and passive to outright aggressive from end of Jan to end of March 2001.

He also never refers to himself as John Titor.

I wanted to make sure that the xone.net boards were a good starting point (that TT_0 didn't post on other boards before).

> https://psmag.com/the-mystery-of-john-titor-hoax-or-time-traveler-ee4f023adc95

Looks like at least one source agrees.

The personality who matches TT_0 towards the end of his posts, is definitely the TimeTravelActivist. From the very beginning of the thread TTA has expressed undue hostility towards TT_0 as well as being incredibly hypocritical and contradictory.

TTA also changes his alias at least once in the conversation on xone.net. We also know he goes by Javier C. on the other boards. He most likely goes by other aliases as well.

TTA is also the only one who links to his OWN website multiple times throughout the thread.

There is also strong evidence that he works for a government agency and spies on Time Travel enthusiasts and boards for information that may harm national security.

I'll work on something that involves quotes from posts, etc. and try to put it up before the end of the day. I highly encourage everyone to read the posts for yourself and try to make sense of it.

curiouser and curiouser
>>
File: yousoundscared.png (111KB, 1794x603px) Image search: [Google]
yousoundscared.png
111KB, 1794x603px
>>18889324

If you compare the John Titor posts in OP to the xone.net boards, you will see what I mean in the familiar behaviour of TTA and John Titor.

TTA uses standard scare tactics and disinformation common to the 2000's era.

JT tries hard not to be aggressive, but it shines through.

JT links to a website that he claims is not his. Multiple times. Moderators remove these links.

JT discloses personal information. TT_0 wanted to avoid disclosing personal information.

P.S. I'm starting to think the 'ayy lmao larper' guys are divided into three. Kids trying to use memes, regular channers, and suits working for government.

You see the seeds of today's disinformation and age of spin strategy in the 2000's.
>>
Can someone link me a 'how to get started with hiding/protecting my digital identity'?

I want to start going deep into this. Alone.
>>
>>18889379

Bump this shit up
>>
>>18889379
Get creative don't trust encryption blindly.
Best you can do is obscurity afaik
>>
File: PV4cAFzPiY8OIWmT.png (264KB, 408x648px) Image search: [Google]
PV4cAFzPiY8OIWmT.png
264KB, 408x648px
So I’ll be posting less in this thread after these posts. Might look at some of TimeTtravel_0’s predictions in the original if I have the chance. No promises. If I get more free-time in the immediate future (and the world doesn’t ⅓ of itself up) I’ll start up a new thread discussing TT_0 specifically

>>18890920

Thanks, more than enough to get me started. Gonna spend a day doing some basic research and coming up with a v0.1 strategy

Appreciate any other advice or suggestions on the matter ofc

>>18889324

The original thread on the Time Travel Institute boards where TT_0 first posts is called ‘Time-travel Paradoxes!’ by the user ‘Paul’ a member of the boards. We see the origins of John Titor’s posts stem from here.

> It could be Paul is TT_0

Yes. Let’s keep this skepticism in mind, since TT_0 is an unregistered member. Here is TT_0’s ‘first post’ on the thread:

> TimeTravel_0 (unregistered) posted 02 November 2000 01:16
> “Wow! Paul is right on the money. I was just about to give up hope on anyone knowing who Tipler or Kerr was on this worldline.
> By the way, #2 is the correct answer and the basics for time travel start at CERN in about a year and end in 2034 with the first "time machine" built by GE. Too bad we can't post pictures or I'de show it to you.
>--------------------------------------------
>No Problem!!......."Wherever you go, there you are, and I'll be waiting."
>p)'i4q4
>--------------------------------------------
>SRC="C:\Visioneer Documents\PT5.jpg" HSPACE="0" VSPACE="0" cellpadding=3 border=0>
>>
>>18891616

About 4 hours later, ‘pamela’ a registered member replies to TT_0 about some ezboard where you can post images. I haven’t tried to look at the images.

pamela establishes a ‘relationship’ with TT_0, again she could be an acquaintance, the same person, or a few of them are in on this ‘joke’ together.

>TimeTravel_0 (unregistered) posted 02 November 2000 08:55
>Is there a site where I don't need to register personal information to post pictures?

We see concern about personal information being one of the first thing on TT_0’s mind. This is very different from the approach John Titor took in his posts on the artbell forums. Keep the dates in mind

>John Titor (Member) Registered: Jan 2001 posted on 01-27-2001 12:45 PM
>Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975.

>My "time" machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two, top-spin, dual-positive singularities that produce a standard, off-set Tipler sinusoid.

>I will be happy to post pictures of the unit.

John Titor starts the thread, calls it ‘I am from 2036’ in the Time Travel thread, uses a name (which he later states is his real name, so he is either lying or a brain-dead time traveller) states his mission objectives and then proceeds to outline his time-machine. All in his first post.
That is quite a stark difference in approach than TT_0

> Perhaps TT_0 and John Titor are two separate time travellers

Highly unlikely. Their stated timelines and missions are almost exactly the same.
>>
>>18880520
He says his time travel shit is stationary, so the window could be in reference to the Earth's placement lining up with where his Earth's placement would be.

And it would have to be his Earth, not ours, because our Earth will likely never be in the same spot twice, possibly the two earths move so closely to similar though that predictions can be made on where a specific spot on each earth will line up.
>>
File: timeline-divergence.png (59KB, 1788x258px) Image search: [Google]
timeline-divergence.png
59KB, 1788x258px
Oh, a user wanted to know more about timeline divergence and how that would be measured. Image related

>>18884549
>>
>>18891675

Aha! I did not even consider that possibility

>>18891667

The first ‘suspicious’ post, comes from ‘Searcher of Truth’

> Searcher of Truth (unregistered) posted 12 November 2000 13:22

>Time travel_0,
>I followed the link to your pictures and if time travel is not a secret in your "time" then why do the top of your pictures say "restricted file"??
>restricted file means LIMITED TO AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY.
>Have you considered the possible adverse consequences the person might face that you had post them for you since you remain covert? or don't you care since it is not your world line. what about the people that read the information and attempt to build one? what if they get injured in the process because they are not knowledgeable enough to handle the forces they are playing with at this "time".
>what is your true purpose for posting assumingly "restricted" government documents on a public bulletin board where everyone can see it?
>Did your Unit Commander authorize such a thing or is it something you decided to do completely on your own?
>Have you considered your actions and probable outcome carefully?

>-SOT

We see hints of authority, government, and military, as well as knowledge on time-travel it seems.. but luckily we don’t see that monicker again from what I can tell

Then the thread progresses peacefully, until page 6 where ‘TimeTravelActivist’ makes his first appearance. Note his posting style

>TimeTravelActivist (member) posted 01 January 2001 20:38

>I see that I have returned just in time. The concept of Time Travel has overwhelmed some with the idea of accepting it, and going along with it. Have you all forgotten that Time Travel is a means of controlling who we are. For a future collective agenda.

>My site is updated, check it out.
>>
File: 1491916855384.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491916855384.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>18891718

At this point we can start to break down the thread into three groups of posters:
>1. TT_0 (and his crew)
>2. Genuine time travel(lers,) enthusiasts and/or skeptics
>3. Government-aligned posters

TTA starts off peacefully, but slowly starts to wax poetic about the immorality of time travel and how he experienced first-hand the consequences of stray time travellers.

>TimeTravelActivist:
>Therefore, as you can see, my only beef with Time Travel is that it can be abused. Sure it can benefit us, but I am an Activist trying to get the word out that it's not just glamorous and wonderful as it may sound, and that we should all jump in the band-wagon with it.

I also see common 2000’s government media propaganda strategies. Using idioms and cliches for a skewed meaning. He says he’s an activist, but he is, basically, against ‘unapproved’ use of time travel. I wonder who he thinks has the right to ‘approve’ time travel. Hmm

TTA continues to try and post links to his geocities page, a portion which was cut out of my last post, probably cause I suck at copy and pasting. He also commends ‘Juanito’ in a post for some reason. TTA signs himself J.C. initially, later signs Javier C.. Juanito.. Juan.. John.. TT.. JT.. John Titor.. Ah, I’m over thinking (and conjecture)

>TimeTravelActivist (member) posted 04 January 2001 09:06
>Juanito,
>I can’t say about the others, but your right. I asked him questions I already know the answers to. If he answer them correctly, then he is from the future.

Whoa, he has an air of unprecedented confidence about that.

>He’s not the only one in this board who claims to have Time Traveled =)

>Hey you and me lets stick together on this. There seems to be alot of team play action going on here. Alot of people watching each others backs, if you know what I mean.

>Someone needs to set them stright. Well talk to you all later.
>Truly,
>Javier C.
>>
File: 1491894913278.jpg (42KB, 470x470px) Image search: [Google]
1491894913278.jpg
42KB, 470x470px
>>18891740

Now for one of my favorite posts, and then I'll leave this thread to it's own 'devices' for the 'time' being. Haha ge-

>hello (unregistered) posted 04 January 2001 12:12

>The government would have pulled those diagrams off of the web page they are on if they really believed timetraveler_0.
>timetraveler_0 would have been traced and located, spied on and eventually his device stolen from the basement.
>yep, happened to someone else I knew.
>they even posed as the person for awhile.
>you never know who you are talking to on the internet.he is right about that.

> https://web.archive.org/web/20010629165814/http://www.xone.net/tti/board/ubbhtml/Forum1/HTML/000367-7.html

Sweet dreams, /x/
>>
>>18891758

Oh, someone might want to check the timestamps on those supposed 'John Titor' pictures and manuals.

If they were after a certain day on January 2001, they may not be the original stuff. Namsaiyan?
>>
I forget what exactly it was, but his "time machine" was proven to be something else that isn't common, but not exactly unobtainable. Been years since I've seen it. He was fake.

Fucking hell of a cool story, though. I love reading his stuff and about him.
>>
File: 1484178180994.jpg (53KB, 638x475px) Image search: [Google]
1484178180994.jpg
53KB, 638x475px
>>18873904
bumperino
>>
>>18873904
Fake
Thread posts: 119
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.