[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ontario Spooks Pasrt 2: Electric Boogaloo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 21

File: 1491706369136.png (4KB, 362x139px) Image search: [Google]
1491706369136.png
4KB, 362x139px
Using a different picture so people don't think it's East Africa this time.

Requesting any spooky stories or locations from anywhere in Ontario. Post stories of ghosts, cryptids, or anything similar. I'm always interested in stories, even if I don't explicitly ask for them.
>>
Ontario has the best airport in all of Southern California.
>>
>>18872501
What an oddly specific thread.

The only thing I've experienced with other people around were piercing shrieks in the distance and other strange noises in Oakville's portion of Sixteen Mile Creek.
There have been a couple of times when we were well into the woods and far from any conventional path, where we were sure that someone was following us wherever we went.
I've found wood and mud huts, and shredded tents in the woods around the creek, which I guess isn't too bizarre. It's just so weird seeing these kind of things a three hour hike away from anything else.
Travelling too deep into the area always leaves me unsettled.
>>
>>18872501
Sometimes if you're at a Mcdonalds in downtown Ottawa, homeless people will come right up to you and ask for spare change right in the restaraunt.

pretty spooky
>>
>>18872563
Specific? There are threads about specific regions all of the time.

Is there any folklore surrounding 16 Mile? Anything to explain the unsettling feeling?
>>
>>18872801
>>18872563
>The only thing I've experienced with other people around were piercing shrieks in the distance and other strange noises in Oakville's portion of Sixteen Mile Creek.

Sixteen mile creek can be spooky. But I know one of the spookiest is the abandoned school house from the orifinal oakville right beside the creek. Unfortunately it's hard to get in and I'm pretty sure it's being monitored.
>>
>>18872501
Not having been to Ontario I have nothing to contribute. Good day to you sir.
>>
>>18872598
Also in Ottawa, a couple years back there was a news article about police investigating a home where there was a reported struggle or something, and when they showed up there was only a hysterical woman crying in the home while her books flew off the shelves. I can't find the article online so it might've been only a local thing.
>>
Link to the last thread btw. This might explain why I made the OP so specific

>>18816629
>>
When I was young I lived in a shitty old house near Plum Hollow. At night sometimes I'd go out into the woods and see reddish orange glowing in the distance, always around 5 feet off the ground. When I got within 10-15 feet of them, they'd suddenly blink out. I researched a bit to see if it was a luminous bug or something, but I didn't find anything that convinced me it was a natural phenomenon. When I told my mom, she said it was Mother Barnes, the witch of a plum hollow, lighting candles for the travellers who came to have their fortunes read.

I've lived away from Plum Hollow for a long time now, but I still remember the lights and the story vividly.
>>
bumb
>>
>>18872598
Yo the one on rideau street is a non stop spook fest
>>
>>18872501
Make your research on the DORÉA institute.
And shit your pants.
>>
Only spooky thing in my area are all the goddamn Detroit kids crossing the border to take advantage of the lower drinking age and the packs of towel heads roaming around causing a ruckus and acting like hot shit cause their native country is at war constantly.
>>
>>18877540
Hi, Windsor.

And yes, there are spooky areas in Ontario, Texas Road, which is right outside of Windsor, is one of the most notorious.

I've visited it before and got spooky vibes. The whole area is just creepy - the cemetery and the woods/creek/bridge are freaky. We didn't go beyond the bridge, we were 2spooked, but apparently there was a barn down there where peeps were murdered.
>>
>>18872556
God damn it.
>>
>>18872563
Have you ever heard a fox shriek at night? It can be spooky as heck if you sign know what it is that's making the noise.
>>
>>18873995
The further north you get in Ontario the spookier shit can get. I've heard some cool stories from the woods north of Hearst, as well as some stuff from up near Hudson Bay.
>>
>>18877241
Intriguing
>>
>>18878899
If you don't know*
>>
>>18878913
Interesting. I have always wondered if there are tunnels or bunkers under and around the civic buildings in Thunder Bay (Port Arthur in the 1950s)
>>
>>18878951
Hmmm, okay I will. Thanks for the tip!
>>
I live in north east toronto, my lawn has spontaneously combusted a few times over 10 years with nobody around to have started the fire. I have a clear view of all sides of my neighbourhood block so I know. Once it happened in front of me, in a part of the lawn that was covered by tree shade.

2 spoopy for me, I moved away though a couple years ago but not for that reason.
>>
There are a few well established spooky things here in Thunder Bay. A haunted motel in the middle of the city. A haunted park in the woods just outside of town. Some neat stuff.
>>
>>18878821
>>18877540
Hi Windsors. A guy in the last thread mentioned the Dominion House and Mackenzie hall as haunted, and my dad says that the old armories is haunted by a WWI vet who hanged himself when he couldn't serve in WWII. I'll ask ask him about it more when I see him next, I think he had an encounter with him.
>>
>>18879104
Our shore is dotted with grain elevators (for one who didn't not know they are massive). One could easily be the entrance to an underground facility.
>>
File: image.jpg (54KB, 375x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 375x300px
>>18879515
Pic related, grain elevator in Thunder Bay.
>>
>>18872501
Any spooky shit in

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

???
>>
>>18879186
Yea, Mackenzie hall had a ton of hangings back in the day.
>>
>>18878821
Shit I have family in Amherstberg, gonna check this out
>>
>>18879548
This
>>
File: tumblr_m6h5diVjIo1qkdxt2o1_500.jpg (147KB, 408x700px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m6h5diVjIo1qkdxt2o1_500.jpg
147KB, 408x700px
>>18872501
There are stories of hauntings in the old abandoned Preston Springs Hotel in the old Preston are which is Cambridge Ontario now somewhere outside of Toronto.
>>
>>18878821
so is that the origin of hook car door?
>>
>>18878821
Somebody made a movie about this? Can anyone find a copy?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5349016/?ref_=adv_li_tt

Also this
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3344746/?ref_=rvi_tt
>>
File: sq.jpg (98KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sq.jpg
98KB, 1280x720px
>>18872501
The province Ontario is in fact far more mystical and extra-ordinary than most people think. People don't realize the supernatural reality of this land -

1.) Toronto Tunnel Monster : Either a secret underground lab created a monster that escaped into the Toronto Sewer system in the 1970's, or perhaps an entire species of Tunnel Monsters has lived in a secret underground area, or cave area for thousands of years, inside the Toronto Sewers

2.) Bottomless lakes and ponds : There are bottomless lakes, ponds, some are tunnels to lake Ontario, or other lakes, or maybe some go to secret underwater caves, or UFO bases, perhaps caves to "inner earth" or "Agartha"

3.) Great Lakes Triangle : Like the Bermuda Triangle, there's a part of Ontario by the lakes that has magnetic anomalies, where ships sink and planes crash or disappear. Suspected natural magnetic vortex time warp zone.
>>
Apparently the sword Excalibur is hidden in a secret lake in Northern Ontario. That's not really spooky I guess, but it's still neat.
>>
>>18881936
If you live in the south end of this city you already know what life in an post-apocalyptic hells ape is like.
>>
>>18879548
the mall thats on the corner of wonderland and oxford is haunted as fuck. Right next to the one really old mc donalds, it used to be the sears outlet store. Lots of spooky spots in that place.
Also the Gibraltar trade centre. Used to be a vendor there. Lots of shadows out of the corners of your eyes and strange voices. also the feeling of always being watched while setting up your booth
>>
>>18872501
KW fag reporting in.

I have a shit ton of experiences to report on ranging from UFO's, cryptids and just plain creepy.

> be me 2 summers ago
> live in the suburbs
> having a cigarette in grade school parking lot with best friend
> start hearing faint noise from the sky like an air raid siren on slow mo
> wtf m8
> brush it off as traffic or trucks passing by on the highway
> get dropped off at home
> noise returns but it's directly ontop of my house
> about to text my friend
> he texts me that he hears the noise again but it's now directly ontop of his house
> we live two KM away from each other
> sit outside for a few minutes and get a recording until it just stops abruptly

inb4 where's teh mp3? Unfortunately I go through phones like tampons so I always lose anything interesting I catch on record.
>>
File: 1490400063100.png (251KB, 662x484px) Image search: [Google]
1490400063100.png
251KB, 662x484px
>>18879981
>3.) Great Lakes Triangle : Like the Bermuda Triangle, there's a part of Ontario by the lakes that has magnetic anomalies, where ships sink and planes crash or disappear. Suspected natural magnetic vortex time warp zone.

There go my plans to sail to Indiana this summer
>>
>>18882076
the great lakes are some pretty X tier shit.. All things considered we still dont know a lot about them. Kinda strange considering they're so small in comparison to the oceans.
>>
>>18882102
Lake Superior has some serious terror, especially along the north shore.
>>
>>18882172
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>18882102
I think I saw a serpent in Lake Ontario near Toronto, but I was too stupid to get my camera
>>
File: 1487558018578.jpg (31KB, 640x534px) Image search: [Google]
1487558018578.jpg
31KB, 640x534px
>>18882046
Post more my dude
>>
>>18882273
It is unboatable or swimable and has real strong rip tides. I assume that is what he means if you have been on the North Shore.
>>
>>18882323
probably. mostly because there are water snakes in lake ontario
>>
>>18882370
There's no way this was a water snake or sturgeon, unless they grow 20 meters long
>>
>>18882414
Sturgeon are known to get pretty big my dude
>>
>>18882417
http://www.orma.com/news/largest-sturgeon-ever-caught-may-be-world-record/

According to this, the longest sturgeon on record was 7.2 meters. The thing I saw mush have been 12-20 meters, and I could see it from the airplane I was in.
>>
>>18882427
must have been*
>>
>>18882366
Well yes, these are very true facts as well, but I mean ghost ships and spirits on the beaches and whatnot
>>
>>18882427
sorry pal, misread thought you said 20 feet.
>>
>>18882448
Understandable, happens to me a lot

I also found this
http://archive.is/fE8O5

>The creature had no obvious head, but rather tapered off at either end like a giant earthworm.

Even though that was near Kingston, the one I saw near Toronto looked like that.
>>
There used to be a club / cult made up of people from the Bancroft area. They were active in the 1950s up until at least the early 80s. They were into spirits and demons and such things. I'm sure a lot of those guys are still alive and have stories.
>>
>>18882473
Source on that?
You do not mean the lodge right? Becuase its pretty boring.
>>
>>18882473
Based on the stories I have heard (admittedly, not many) it was a lot of people from the smaller surrounding communities and farms. Word is they would sometimes take the law I tot heir own hands and kill people for their own reasons. That's one of the origins of a ghost story from those parts anyway.
>>
>>18882484
You hear those stories a lot prob in a lot of small towns, but what is this satanic cult shit?
>>
>>18882479
I've never heard them referred to that way. The guy telling me the story called them 'the farmers' a few times. I'm sure they had some spooky secret name or something.
>>
>>18878911
I've heard the same thing, but I don't have the money or equipment to spend very long up there
>>
>>18882491
I meant there is a mason lodge there. Is that all your talking about?
>>
>>18882490
Yeah, I remember in the late 90s (in a super small town called Jellicoe) some locals apparently caught a pedo with a young boy and took him out into the woods to deal with him.
>>
>>18882496
Oh, no, not the Masons. They are still active I'm pretty sure. This other group no longer exists.
>>
>>18882493
A friend of mine was on a film crew for some project that shot up in Moosenee. It was all well and good but apparently after dark the locals all turned super nervous and told them not to leave their motel until morning.
>>
>>18882508
What do you know about them? Did they drown somebody?
>>
>>18882554
Heading out, but if this thread is still alive in a few hours I'll green text the story I heard.
>>
>>18882564
Yes greentext the story.
>>
>>18882564
Yes
>>
>>18879548
There's the abandoned Mccormick's Candy Factory. It's spooky as fuck in there. Lots of creepy shit written on the walls, things like that.
>>
>>18882735
You've been in there?
>>
File: Creepy Lake.png (737KB, 1171x677px) Image search: [Google]
Creepy Lake.png
737KB, 1171x677px
>>18882102
Not a great lake, but I saw Creepy Lake in a map books years ago. I've never been able to learn anything about it, and there's no road that leads there. I've always wondered if it lives up to its name. The google earth photo being in black and white adds to its creepy allure.
>>
File: Dingman House.jpg (36KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dingman House.jpg
36KB, 450x600px
>>18882752
No, but a group of my friends did. They took lots of pictures. They claimed they found a bin full of mysterious goo in there or something. Creeped them out enough to make them get the fuck out.

They also went to the Dingman house on the outskirts of London before it was demolished. They made it sound a lot creepier than it looks in pictures. Pic related, from an urban exploration album I found of it.
>>
>>18882754
Damn, that's pretty close to where my sister lives. I'll go check it out when I'm up there next time.
>>
>>18882770
You ever hear about that apparently super haunted house in the outskirts of west london? By the cops buildall and the one massive landscaping supplier. Apparently a 10 or so years ago some dude killed his wife and kids in there then killed himself. her mom(i think) sold the house after the investigation was over and didnt tell the people that bought it what happened. They eventually found out and moved. I think its still inhabited though
>>
>>18874806
The day she died is unknown and she's allegedly buried in an unmarked grave. Maybe she's really a witch and living in those woods now.
>>
I live in a shitty town in the middle of southern Ontario.

Nothing paranormal, but I went to school with a guy who ended up killing his grandmother with a frying pan while on meth.

Also some guy who grew up and lived a few towns over ended up kidnapping, raping and killing a young girl and dumping her body just outside our town.
>>
>>18882834
woah what town, i think i might have heard of this around delaware
>>
>>18882812
That sounds familiar, but I think it happens more often than you may think where a house is sold, and the new owners don't find out someone was murdered there until they've lived there for a while, usually by talking to the neighbors or something. There was also that murder suicide at the corner of High Street and Emery St last year. Here's some creepy stuff about London.

>London Ontario's Unsolved Murders
https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/about/Unsolved-Murders.aspx
>London Creepy/Abandoned places (photos by urban explorers.)
https://www.uer.ca/locations/newlist.asp?n=1&statfilter=160&country=Canada&province=Ontario&city=London
>Did you know London holds the world record for having the most active serial killers at one time? Here's a book about it.
https://www.amazon.ca/Murder-City-Canadas-Capital-1954-1984/dp/1460261828
>London Ontario Missing People
https://www.londonpolice.ca/en/about/Missing-People.aspx

Will post more if anything occurs to me.
>>
>>18882839
Delaware? No, lol.

Mount Forest
>>
>>18882813
I'm no sure I believe that, but what happened to me definitely made me less certain about reality.
>>
>>18882844
Yes but nobody could even answer you without being killed so I would not even talk to you about that. They were cover ups but nobody can go into any detail about it.
>>
>>18882844
>>18882875

All I can say is, Bancroft cult anon and the london murders are connected, we must wait for him unless he already is going to kill us.
>>
>>18882887
I believe this is an old cult that has hurt many people, but that is just a hunch.
>>
>>18882875
What in my post are you referring to specifically? Sorry, I don't follow what you mean.
>>
>>18872501
Finally. I got a couple REAL stories.
>>
>>18873991
Where is that, I have lived in Oakville since 94, never seen it
>>
>>18872563
Anything else in Oakville? BTW your right I have heard weird sounds in 16mile usually early in the morning
>>
Any stories/ experiences in Oakville?
>>
File: 1478986995889.jpg (15KB, 363x363px) Image search: [Google]
1478986995889.jpg
15KB, 363x363px
>>18882998
Post them!
>>
>>18882998
>be me
>go to abandon farm house at night for spooks
>Go through the whole house and find nothing.
>Go into attic to check floor boards
>Everything is legit
>Set up a tent and get ready to spend night
>Pass out around 2:30 am
>Wake up at 3:30 hear the sounds of moaning(Inb4 just me bro, getting my rocks off.)
>It sounded like someone was injured
>Open my tent. pitch black.
>The moaning stops
>Close the tent and lay back down
>Grip my flashlight tight, pull out a knife and realize how shitty of an idea it was
>I hear like people are downstairs having a dinner party. giggling and laughing.
>Unzipp my tent and it all stops.
>I get out and slowly walk to the attic window (small cicular window)
>Super dark outside, no cars or lights.
>As I'm turned the attic door (small square door on the floor) slams upwards and makes allowed sound that actually shakes the zippers on my tent.
>I literally drop a brick
>The door is shut and nothing happens.
As I slowly walk over I hear under the steps laughing a giggling again. I stop and feel a gust of wind. Under the third floor(ground. second, third, attic.) I hear full out stomp running then hear it go down stairs then the ground and it randomly goes back to the third and the door slams again. I see it bounce off the floor.
>I almost fainted
>I begin to hear growls inside the attic with me. Run to the window and push the window open. Each floor has a small balcony.
>I pull myself out and begin to climb down(pretty much fall balcony to balcony.)
> as I get on the grass I can hear all the doors inside the house banging.
>I run down the driveway in the pitch black wielding a knife. Left all my shit there until the next day me and my two buddies went and grabbed it all.
>>
>>18883048
That was one and I should say the voices weren't super loud. Just louder than a person whispering at the other end of the room but clear enough to hear. The farmhouse was outside of cayuga btw and it has been torn down by the new land owners.

My second story incoming. (This is all southern Ont btw.)
>>
>>18883048
Why the fuck would you spend the night alone man?
Also, next time you decide to do some shit like this please record, if at the bare minimum record audio
>>
>>18883048
>>18883057
So my last story happened a couple years back when I lived with my family. Just bought this really nice house, very old red brick, two floors, basement(for midgets). Nice land. I bought it with the intention of severing the land and building a house to move into and the sell this one. Well, that one, since moved.
>Be me
>Have young family
>Baby daughter is born and my wife and I decide to move into a house so when she gets old enough we can have another shit.
>Old house. wicked deal
>Move in
>2 months go by, wife starts acting like a torpid cunt.
>I'm going to work/come home fix shit/ go outside and figure out what I'm going to do and she constantly shits on em for no reason.
>Wake up on sat morning about 3 am.
>I hear noises and feel shuffling
>I wipe the tired from my eyes and when I open them I see my wife at the end of my bed knelt over starring at me.
>I freak out turning on lights and was like wtf is wrong with you?
>She walks around, lays down, and sleeps. Snores really loud which she never does.
>Next day (btw this is like a month of her acting weird around the house, hear her talking to herself, laughing to herslef and conspiring.) I see her outside full blown talking to herself.
>Call my mum to pick up my baby.
>hours later mum comes, grabs my kid and leaves and I argue with my wife and take her out to get air. We leave the house for hours and she begins to act normal. She says she doesn't remember anything from the house and everything seems normal.
>Tell her to stay at my moms for a night.
>She agrees
>That night
>In house by myself and I hear movement.
>I begin to hear giggling and laughing the exact same way I did in the old farmhouse
>Instantly I new something was up.
>I began to hear banging all over the house
I ended explaining everything to my wife. Figured something may have followed me so I called a priest one day, a native another and a Wiccan the next to clean the house myself and my wife.We ended up selling to be sure
>>
>>18883069
I liked doing shit like that. I thought it would be interesting. I'm never doing anything like that again. Have a family now.
>>
>>18883105
Any other weird shit since then?
>>
>>18883126
Nothing. Shit would happen and in the back of your head your like fuck.... but it's just because you're initially paranoid. After like three months you're good.
>>
>>18882735
>>18882752
I've been in there. It is indeed spooky as fuck. There was an abandoned mental asylum around here too. Just as spooky in there.

t. former Urban Explorer

>>18882812
You're thinking of the house on Dingmans drive. It's all pretty dilapidated but on the top floor, just as you come up the floor some joker wrote 'help me' in fake blood and handprints. Almost gave me a heart attack. There's a barn that's pretty cool just across from an overgrown field there too.
>>
>>18883146
nah the one im talking about is on Fanshawe park rd west
>>
>>18883048
Crazy story, can you tell what county you were in? Have you been back?
>>
>>18883167
Haldimand. Tbe farmhouse was taken down and the other house I don't think was haunted I think I was being followed. I don't want to say where the second house is due to a new family living there. Privacy thing. Both is Haldimand though.
>>
>>18879186
Im going to be having classes at the armouries in the fall. I'll keep an eye out for anything spooky
>>
Hey my dudes, Bancroft cult anon here.

Talked to my cousin a bit tonight, since his mom is super knowledgable about the history of the area. He remembers the same story I do, and gave me another neat one.

The one I heard she I was a teenager:
>lonely, tiny hamlet near Bancroft called Detlor, circa 1965
> group of men meet regularly in a large house at the end of a long road.
> officially they are playing cards, sharing stories, etc
> unofficially they are making secret deals, planning which families will succeed and which will be shunned, and dabbling in organized crime
> rumours spread that they are also getting into weird, magic, cult-like behaviour
> a few years pass
> new family from some faraway place buys land in the area
> secret group does not like it (various versions of the story include details about them being black/native/unwanted type)
> teenage son of new family is accused of fucking around with a girl he shouldn't have (possibly true)
> dude ends up missing
>new family snoops around, accuses the community of killing their kid
> entire family is gone a few days later. Officially they moved, unofficially they were murdered.

I tend to believe the story. It's not all that far fetched and I know a lot of the people from that area. It's still very old fashioned around there, and everyone is related to one of 6 or 7 key families.
>>
>>18883482
Awesome, I talked to my dad and he says that the guy hanged himself on the third floor, which may not be accessible. He knows a few guys who have seen the ghost on the balcony outside the officer's mess, and my dad has even heard the ghost walking around.
>>
bampu
>>
>>18883950
ill bump too
>>
I live in a small suburb named barrhaven,
There was an orange light spotted floating through the sky. It was a thing people talked about for a while.

I saw it once while walking in the night, it floated in the air slowly,
then did a 180 and shot back the way it came.
Probably a government ufo
>>
>>18883543
What magic shit they doing?

I certainly know people in the area who were alive then and proudly spoke of how they take care of things themselves but I never heard any weird spirit shit because they are Christian.
>>
tabarnak
>>
>>18885662
>>>/quebec/
>>
>>18872501
>Hamilton

I mean the city is self-explanatory for spookies.
>>
The ponds in Komoka are well known for being haunted. Also talk of there being a large, carnivorous fish monster in the biggest one.
>>
I saw a rat king in Toronto once
>>
>>18885544
Well I doubt the 'magic' rumours are true. Urban legends tent to pick up darker details over the years.
>>
I'm in Barrie Ontario. Anyone up for some spooks?

As for spook stories, I know that an episode of Monster Quest featured bigfoot shit in northern Ontario. And in the far north, close to the Quebec Ontario boarder, there are reports of UFOs.

- Monster Quest episode:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWPzCgRMoUc

- Indians and Aliens, interesting show
http://aptn.ca/indiansandaliens/
>>
>>18888858
I'm just happy that there is a show called Indians & Aliens.
>>
File: invasion.jpg (16KB, 340x271px) Image search: [Google]
invasion.jpg
16KB, 340x271px
I bid $100k over asking on a shitty house....and was oooooooout biiiiiiiiiiiiddd

Invasion of the chinese house snatchers. You're next! You're next!
>>
By the way, have any anons seen any UFOs here? My dad saw one in the '70's.
>>
>>18879695
Was going to mention this, as there's a lot of of stories in that area about that place. Spooky as hell.
Bridges in that whole area also give off a weird vibe.

In the Kawartha Lakes, there's Lindsay, Ontario, which has the Academy Theatre, which is haunted as shit.
Neighboring town, Cameron has the "murder house", where in the early 90's some guy killed a bunch of hookers in the barn (which has since been demolished).
There's also some road near Emily Park or something that's supposed to be super spooky with ghosts or some shit.

Oakville has that schoolhouse, and the one really old graveyard behind Trafalgar village, which washed away in the 80's, leaving 100+ year old bodies to wash away in the 16 mile creek.
There used to be a couple of places on Lakeshore, and off of Kerr, but they've long since been rebuilt or demolished.

Lots of places and weird shit in Toronto, too, but also dwindling due to rebuilds and demo. Still want to find the tunnel monster.
>>
A UFO sighting in North Bay, Ontario.
http://www.nugget.ca/2012/12/29/mysterious-lights-appear-over-trout-lake
>>
>>18883543
Bancroft is a nice place to be honest
>>
Just outside of Geraldton (now part of the amalgamated town of Greenstone) there is an abandoned house the locals call 'the pumpkin house' and its haunted as heck. Murder victims, etc.
>>
>>18891518
Agreed. I spent a lot of summers there as a kid,
>>
In Marmora, Ontario, just north of Kingston, there's a place called Greensides farm where people gather en masse for religious services and have collective hallucinogenic visions of the Mary. Non-religious travelers have reported UFO sightings. The black dude from Ridley Scott's Alien even has a youtube video about his trip up there and experiencing some spooky shenanigans.

A professor from Laurentian University, Michael Persinger, noted that there is a tectonic fault line that runs under the area and theorized that the tectonic friction of the Earth's crust rubbing together cause high levels of EM fields that interact with the frontal lobe of the brain and cause hallucination. He has since withdrawn that the theory, possibly for fear of sounding like you people and getting his academic funding withdrawn.

I still think it's a good theory. Personally, traveled to the farm and after about 40 minutes, I started to feel like I took half of a toke of not very good weed, but that could have just been the placebo effect.
>>
bumpo
>>
>>18878899
bobcats (not the front loader, but also the front loader) can also sound pretty spooky
>>
>>18883105
why would it not just keep following you though, I'm sure if anything it watches you fuck your wife and jacks in the corner like some sort of ghost cuck
>>
>>18887070
most interesting thing in this thread desu
where did you see it?
>>
>>18875964
Fuck I hate that McDonald's so much...
>>
>>18881947
i aint typing that shit out nigga
>>
Kirby road was spooky af. It's a shame the buildings were torn down. The tombstone is still there however.
>>
>>18872501
Ontario here this province is full of some of the strangest phenomenon anywhere on earth . Bigfoot and Wendigo both of them are vary common here I have had encounters with both never seen them but heard them close by they stayed just out of site . the north of the province is the size of Texas I don't even want to know what's up there but here in central Ontario in the oak ridges highlands there is something vary off . its hard to explain it in words in the oak ridges there is a place where the pioneers abandoned because it was way to hilly to settle . its shaped like a crescent moon where the moon opens its facing south towards Toronto . you are so high up you are actually higher then the CN tower its a vary strange place in the bowl though there are oak and maple trees bigger then anywhere else on earth not even joking it would take 5 people to reach around these trees and there are 100s of them . when you are under them its like you are in middle earth or something there is nothing like it on earth strange flowers and plants that only grow in the forest there . I was taking a walk there once and found a dome around 12 feet tall 20 around made completely out of twigs garbage was littered all over the place mostly candy rappers . I got the hell out of there also you can find Indian burial mounds all over the hills . does anyone know the place I am talking about ?
>>
>>18893768
Oak ridges moraine? Like near Lake Wilcox? Where is this exactly, would like to visit as I live in vaughan. Not far away if that's the case.
>>
File: ,.,.,.,..jpg (53KB, 638x475px) Image search: [Google]
,.,.,.,..jpg
53KB, 638x475px
>>18893851
draw a line going east from there to uxbridge and head south do you know where lake ridge or Dagmar ski resorts are located ?
>>
I was only passing through, but the Muskoka area woods gave me the most intense supernatural vibes I've ever experienced in my life. I sensed lots of death coming off it. Who knows though? Maybe it was just me.
>>
>>18890866
Oh fuck, this is my hometown. I might have been outside when this happened, too. I was driving with my dad and he started saying there were some crazy lights outside that looked like it was from a UFO, but I just laughed at him. He's really into aliens and shit. This was legit? Damn.
>>
not sure if anyone has mentioned this one yet, but up in thorold there's an abandoned canal and the blue ghost tunnel. i went to check it out last summer but security from the gm plant next to it kicked us out. seems pretty cool, there's also another haunted tunnel nearby that's easier to get to.
>>
boomp
>>
>>18872598
Or a fight will break out and a man will pull a baby racoon out of his shirt. Look it up - Ottawa Macdonalds racoon fight.

Shankdonalds at its best.
>>
>>18878944
Are you a Thunder Bay resident? I haven't had any paranormal encounters, but there are some spots in town that can be eerie under the right conditions. I remember getting pretty uncomfortable sitting at the edge of the water at Marina Park during the winter, when the sky was black and the lake was frozen.
>>
>>18872501
God I hate our provincial logo
>>
File: 1486763105040.gif (308KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
1486763105040.gif
308KB, 500x272px
>>18893768
Can confirm.
Ive seen shit lads. Shit I dont want to repeat. Never thought i'd get to expierence something neat.
>>
>>18895642
>tfw almost raped by wendigos at grandfathers ranch
>>
>>18895645
Regardless of what it was
i was so shaken and frozen in a what the fuck is that stance i couldnt operate my recording device.
Never felt that before. never been so close and yet so far at the same time.
>>
>>18879548
What about that girl that went missing at the University of Western Ontario?
>>
>>18886936
The ones that are actually old rock quarries that have been filled in? I've driven past there before. Got any stories?
>>
>>18895683
Probably a university rapist
>>
>>18895701
No no, there's a specific girl... I kept thinking her name was Elsa Lam, but that's a different case entirely. I've seen her discussed on here before.
>>
>>18895708
Oh, then a little lam went back to god
>>
My grandmas house was creepy af.

Orbs and voices in the attic, shadow people and shadow cat creature on the main floor. skeleton key style locks, and the bathroom would lock every once in a while at night inexplicably. The bathroom lock didn't work for anyone in my family. An older lady would appear that my brother and I saw in different locations.

I can type it up and find a google street picture of the house if you really care. Ive given the story here a few times, but its been three years since the last time.
>>
>>18884327
Farrhaven isn't small bud.

But I remember that too. And the crash in the ottawa river in 09
>>
bumb
>>
>>18895719
Care to do it again?

>>18895663
>>18895642
Don't be afraid, post it lad
>>
>>18872501
Gilead road outside belleville ontario, at night around the school located there theres just an overpowering sense that something is watching you and it doesn't intend anything good.
>>
>>18872501
Sault Ste Marie here. Once saw a UFO overhead, travelling west.

Other than that, nothing interesting ever happens here. Although I did once date a girl who claimed to have been able to sence a murder in her neighborhood. Could be true, I think she's an energy vampire so that might be why.
>>
>>18895257
the scariest thing in TBay is all the borderline feral chugs knifing and beating each other to death.

literally Canada's Detroit.
>>
>>18878902
There was a school in my town that was semi-blast proofed and contained a bunker. Was torn down a few years back & lots of folks went spelunking.
>>
mumps
>>
Easter Bump
>>
>>18872598
Unironically one of the scariest places I've ever been

A schizophrenic came in and claimed he would shoot everyone (he had no weapon but it spooked me good). I've seen a man piss one the floor near the pop machine. Finally, a man once would not leave me alone until I agreed to take a potato from him and give it a good home.

Bizarre place
>>
Man I swear, Fort York is the most haunted out of any place in Ontario.
>>
>>18901042
>Fort York
>Creepy
Pick none. All that happened was a cucked canuck commander blew up the equivalent of a SCUD missile in gun powder, killing a shitload of American naval oficers & close to half the British army.
>>
>>18901081

think of all the spoopy ghosts

also bump.
>>
>>18901704
Are there any spooky places to visit in Haldimand county?
>>
>>18901794
There's a place called Cottonwood Mansion in Selkirk. It's a historic place but who knows what they do on Halloween.
>>
>>18874806
I used to live 15 minutes from Plum Hollow, and I remember something about witches and shit there. I think there's also an abandoned cheese factory, but it might be torn down/demolished.

Outside of Kingston, there's a shitton of abandoned houses in the backroads of all those small towns. I've had the pleasure of being in a few of them, although it wasn't too spooky. Also, near my childhood home, some guy was killed by a horse, but it was debated that he was probably murdered with an axe. Really long time ago though, like 1800's.

As for aliens, both me, my dad, and grandma have seen UFOs in the same shitty little town near Kingston. Dad and Grandma saw one at sunset, and mine was just some trippy triangle lights in front of my window. Super weird too, because it was a clear night in the summer, so I can rule out lightning
>>
buhmp
>>
>>18872598
Ottawafag here. Can confrim. Rideau street Mcdonalds is a fucking cesspool. Vanier is a shit hole too.
>>
>>18900942
u really need to learn how to cook.
>>
i have saved this thread from the brink of destruction :3
>>
File: rcaf-plane-at-lee-park.jpg (25KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
rcaf-plane-at-lee-park.jpg
25KB, 550x413px
>>18890866
>>18894260
Aliens being in and around north bay makes sense where you remember North
Bay is a military town and has huge bases in the hills and shit
>>
There's the devils punchbowl in Hamilton, part of the 2006 Silent Hil movie was filmed there, and it's a decent hike otherwise
>>
for those from Southwestern Ontario, avoid roman line in Biddulph township
you have been warned
>>
>>18904022
Stop being cryptic. Elaborate or I'll go next week
>>
>>18904678
you're going to get eaten by a fleshgait, anon
>>
the creepypasta 1999 takes place in ontario
>>
Anyone got some innawoods spooks? Most of the thread seems to be talking about abandoned locations and sketchy McDonalds locations, even though 90% of the province is woodlands.
>>
>>18879090
I'm in Thunder Bay too. Just a few days ago I went for a walk, and there was hills of sand which seemed very out of place, then as I went further there was a truck on its side along with a car (there was probably a crash) and a bunch of junk, it was very eerie and I'll probably go back
>>
>>18906012
This, please. I was hoping for innawoods stuff for the past few thread, but a thread for innawoods stuff just in Ontario would have been too specific
>>
--- INNAWOODS ---

I worked at a Christian camp in the Muskoka area for a number of summers. One summer (probably 2012 or 2013) shit got weird. There's a few older staff in their late 20s to early 40s that would wander the camp at night with flash lights to kind of make sure campers weren't dicking around or that animals weren't messing stuff up. From my understanding, they've never really come across anything more than just that. That summer though was weird. I remember there was a lot of weird little things that I can't really remember. The big thing that fucked all the staff was that a group of 3 staff (not jackass staff like some of them) saw a group of 6 (IIRC) beings in all black hoods in the woods about a 3 minute walk past the farthest north chalet (they weren't called cabins at our camp). They came back and told some of the older staff about it who doubled up on the nightly patrol. There were a few more sightings by the older staff in the evenings after that for the next couple of weeks in the forests just surrounding the camp, but never actually entering.
The campers were never informed, but they made the campers go to the bathroom in the night with a staff or other campers (if they were in the older sections). Most of the younger staff (16-17) weren't really told what was going on, but they were told to stay out of the woods and not to travel alone in the evenings.
Something that I found strange was that all of the older staff who were in their 30s and 40s (there were only a couple of them) and also were missionaries, pastors, or had actually been to seminary began kind of practicing the "cultish", for lack of a better word, side of Christianity. Stuff like walking around the perimeter of the camp while reciting a prayer or holding prayer circles in different parts of the camp.
I never saw anything too strange, but I saw how horrified and frantic everyone who did see something was.
>>18906012
>>
>>18879090
Which motel and park? I never knew of those, but I'm psyched that they exist.
>>18906104
Did the staff members start the rituals in response to the sightings? Was there any talk about who the hooded individuals could have been, or did everyone just assume the typical hooligan?
>>
>>18906422
The Econolodge on Memorial Ave. is supposed to be haunted by two dead babies.

Trowbridge has an urban legend about ghosts in that big open field past the parking lot.
>>
>>18906045
If you walk in the woods behind the LPH there is some creepy stuff.
>>
>>18906104
This might actually make a good movie
>>
>>18906439
>>18906443
Could you both elaborate? I've been to both Trowbridge and the rear of the LPH, though I've never bothered to be mindful of anything eerie.
>>
>>18872556
>Ontario has the best airport in all of Southern California.

Not true ontario is the ghetto
>>
>>18904678
don't go alone, anon
>>
>>18874806
>Mother Barnes, the witch of a plum hollow, lighting candles for the travellers who came to have their fortunes read.
That sounds fuckin cozy.
>>
>>18879186
More like he hung himself when he thought he'd be drafted again... Dat PTSD.
>>
>>18872501
I had a sp00k while I was staying at an Ottawa Hostel that was converted from a small prison. If anyone can name the place I will tell you my small dainty sp00p.
>>
>>18882834
Oh fuck, was his name Cory? Are you from Hamilton??
The grandma-basher, not the raper.

Pls respond.
>>
>>18883543
That's the type of tight-knit community-culty shenanigans you see in horror movies. Always wondered if places like that really exist.
>>
>>18906443
Thanks, I'll check it out
>>
>>18906422
The rituals were started in response to the sightings. Because of where the camp was, no one assumed it was hooligans. It's on a lake and there are cottages on the other side, so it's definitely a possibility, but very unlikely, since as far as I know, it's almost entirely old cottagers and to walk around the lake would take a very long time. I would guess at least 30-45 minutes if not more from the nearest cottage. Additionally, the sightings all occurred on the opposite side of the camp as where the path/road from the cottages were. It's entirely possible that that could have been the case, but I don't know why they would put in all of that effort when they would probably have to wait around for hours in hopes of anyone seeing them.
>>
>>18906455
I've heard two trowbridhr things.

- if you sit in your car and face the field for a while leading to midnight, and turn on your headlights at the stroke of 12 you will see a group of spirits out in the grass that fade away as the lights hit them. Whether this is true or not is up for debate, but a surprising amount of people try it. Likely because it's a fun excuse to take a girl out in your car at night.

- read an interview about a couple parked at Trowbridge making out or whatever. They were the only car there that night and they kept hearing noises in the treeline. Eventually someone or something started throwing rocks at the car, and one actually cracked the glass so they took off
>>
>>18906455
The LPH woods don't have a lot of well known or documented occurrences, but they fact that they sit behind a psychiatric hospital lend to a general creepy vibe. Thunder Bay has a well known guy who walks huge distances everyday all over the city and talks to himself loudly. I once encountered him in those trails and it freaked me the hell out.
>>
>>18907650
OH DUDE! I'm pretty sure I see him all the time, although I've never gotten a creepy vibe - more of a down-on-his-luck vibe. Always wearing jeans and a green jacket? Pretty tall?

I've been around the back of the LPH, though it was almost always the middle of the day. My cross-country team in high school practiced back there, but I guess being around in a big group isn't very conducive to creepy experiences. At night it'd probably be pretty eerie, though I wouldn't want to fuck around too late there since it directly borders some residential properties.

That said, the roads around Boulevard can be pretty ominous at night if you end up walking on the stretches without light.

>>18906762
"Ottawa Jail Hostel"? Pretty unoriginal.

>>18907636
Sounds like fun to try out. I ought to try getting a group of buddies together one night just to check out Trowbridge and any other creepy locales.
>>
>>18907880
Yeah, must be the same guy. He's tall and always very tanned in the summer because he's out walking all day.

Yeah, he's not creepy once you realize it's him, but before I recognized him it was just a dude in the woods muttering angrily, so it spooked me at first.
>>
>>18907922
Yeah, that makes sense. Guys been around for years, too.
>>
>>18907880
If you do go to Trowbridge, go to the location of the old bridge (like 200 feet up the river from the current bridge). There are apparently spooky things there. I'll do some research online and post any cool links I find.
>>
>>18907880
http://thepurplephantasm.wixsite.com/thepurplephantasm/haunted-sites
I found is list that somebody compiled about ghostly stuff and abandoned places around Thunder Bay.
>>
>>18895429
It's just 3 dudes relaxing in a triangular hot-tub, what's not to like?
>>
Bamp
>>
In Ottawa and the surrounding areas there are little known magic cults that operate in the area, and in fact Smith Falls had a satanic ritual sacrifice back in the day.
>>
bomp
>>
Anyone who has driven the highway between Hearst and Longlac knows that it is hundreds of kilometres of nothing. When I was young we had to pull over about 2 hours west of Hearst on the side of the road (my uncle was adjusting something under the hood). We were only stopped for 5 minutes or so and it was still light out, but I remember being filed with dread and wanting so badly for the truck to start up again and get us the hell out of there.
>>
>>18908001
What sort of spooky things? Are there specific stories or events?
>>
Didn't that 1999 creepypasta that ripped off Alantutorial take place in Ontario?
>>
>>18879548
There's a public school in the East end that was a former hospital during WW2 and they often cared for injured soldiers sent home. Rumor was that you could still see the nurses walking around the halls at night.
>>
bump

i think my thread may be dead soon
>>
>>18872501
I'm surprised that no ones mentioned Niagara. I've heard plenty of creepy ghost stories, mostly revolving around the battles that had taken place during the war of 1812.
>>
>>18914209
Now that you mentioned it, I'm surprised as well. I visited there last summer, and there was defiantly a grim atmosphere over the cemetery at Lundy's Lane
>>
File: screaming2.jpg (215KB, 750x551px) Image search: [Google]
screaming2.jpg
215KB, 750x551px
ppl like to visit screaming tunnel at night for shits and giggles. it used to be a train tunnel but has long been abandoned. the urban legend revolves around a girl who burned alive in the tunnel. depending on who you ask, she either caught fire while fleeing from her burning house and died in the tunnel next door or was chased into the tunnel by her abusive father, who set her on fire. Then when you light a match in the tunnel at night, her ghost will blow it out. No one really believes it but it's fun to go at night with friends and get creeped out. pic related
>>
File: grave.jpg (92KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
grave.jpg
92KB, 800x600px
>>18914219
Yeah it is lol. it's funny. when road workers were digging between the sidewalk and fence of the cemetery, they dug up an unmarked grave. the person was buried there long before and was completely forgotten about. so now there's a little monument/gravestone that sits outside the perimeter. Pic related: the fence in the background and you can see the rest of the cemetery behind. out of view in the foreground and is the sidewalk
>>
File: iu[1].jpg (23KB, 521x343px) Image search: [Google]
iu[1].jpg
23KB, 521x343px
>>18914252
I got run over by a train in that tunnel. don't do it. I died there
>>
Not sure how to green text but i live in a smaller town of about 8k population, it was near a place in River Falls. And old church. This was back in the late 80's. My mother and her sisters used to get us cousins together and the three sisters used to love investigating old houses, doing ouija boards, ect... Big white church. I remember going there on 2 occasions, but i'm sure we went more often, but these two occasions in particular are ingrained in my mind.

I remember pulling up to this place, out in the middle of fucking nowhere, somewhere near Riverfalls Alabama. I remember looking out the windows of the station wagon we rode in, all us kids jumping in the backseat to get out. I remember hearing screams. Not blood curling screams. Not really screams at all, it was more like loud moans, yelps and screeches. I remember being scared as fuck and i remember looking around and noticing that no one else was hearing these noises, they were acting normal as fuck.

My older aunt, the eldest sister, took my hand and i guess wanted to walk me up to it. Walking beside her, we started approaching the side of the church, my aunt was wanting to peak inside the window. But in the window i was staring at this dusty vapor or some type of whitish, luminescence in the form of a body standing upright in the middle of the room. I remember the window had no pane left in it. And the closer we got that fucking window, the closer that thing got to the same window.

I pitched a fucking fit, i remember running back to my mom. Before this incident, i was never the type of kid that was seeing ghosts, scared of the dark ect... My aunt went right up to the window, her head hanging into the church laughing as if it's nothing, while the white form stood practically over her until she moved away.
>>
The church has since been torn down, my mother said it dated to the 1840's when people really started migrating to the area, and another church stood there before it, dating to the early 1800's. But, the cemetery is still there, some of the oldest graves in our area.
>>
My mom used to live as a caretaker in one of Hamilton's old manors. Apparently it's one of the few houses that city owns that isn't haunted, but it was creepy as fuck. It's build on top of indian burial ground or something and the natives put a curse on the family that built the house.

Nothing really happened there, creepiest things were animals running in cellar and inside the walls, and actual people trespassing and even coming inside the house thinking no one live there. Lots of the rooms were locked since mom had only part of the house to use freely. One time one of the locked doors was wide open but nothing happened after that.
>>
any shit in mississauga?
>>
>>18894218
I lived in Port Sydney for most of my life, never felt anything :(
>>
>>18895708
No that was some girl from BC who was weird in the states at a haunted hotel
>>
>>18888875
Hah, it's an interesting show, some spooky encounters, have to do with spooks up in northern ontario and quebec
>>
>>18912976
yeah
>>
>>18914252
Is that the one where they filmed the scene in the dead zone?
>>
This is years ago, but during a kayaking trip in the Georgian bay we found an abandoned cabin. It looked like they had packed up, and left as it was fully stocked

>aspirin/pills from at least the 50s
>dishes in the sink
>old furniture

I lost the journal I'd written everything in, but it was pretty cool.
>>
Last weekend we came across a group of ~10 ppl doing some sort of ritual about 330 am (on the death of christ night incidentally) in the old factory theyre renovating beside the Google office in kitchener. There was a red chair surrounded by perfectly arranged patterns of rubble. In the next room there was a room with all black walls floors and ceilings, huge mirrors and wierd people sized smears on the walls and the only light was a filtration quality uv light on the ceilings. From the outside of the building we saw a dark figure that looked like they were climbing up the outside of the wall and heard people speaking in tongues. it was all very strange
>>
>>18915590
So google is the devil
>>
>>18915590

I am really mad I missed that.
>>
>>18914209
There's the Devil's Hole but that's on the American side. Site of a bloody massacre and Mckinely visited before he was killed.

I've also heard that's where people commit suicide bodies end up after they go over the falls.
>>
>>18914964
Do you think you'd ever go back?
>>
>>18872563
>>18872801
>>18883017
>>18883017
>>18883027

>there are people frm your home town browsing /x/

fucking spooky.

>>18890830
>>18883009

The school house is right behind that "new" Ukrainian cemetery by third line. You can drive there where there is a small roundabout with the old school house and some sort of large shed, it's right at the edge of sixteenmile creek from above.
>>
File: 1442971338805.jpg (8KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1442971338805.jpg
8KB, 200x200px
I went to Fleming college in Lindsay, and I lived in a suite with 5 other guys.

>2AM
>Woke up needing to pee
>Grabbed a flashlight and went into the hall
>As I bring my flashlight up, it reveals somebody lying right on the floor in the hallway
>FUCKIN startled
>It's a woman with blonde hair, wrapped in a red sheet
>Come to think of it, one of my roommates spent the night out. He probably brought this girl home and, hilariously, made her sleep on the floor.
>Piss and go back to bed, stepping over this girl both times
>Wake up the day after
>Run into my roommate
>"Hey man, who was that girl in here last night?"
>He has no idea what I'm talking about
>what
>Ask all of my other roommates
>Nobody knows who I'm talking about
>Furthermore, nobody has any red sheets
>>
>>18917387
What'd your roommates think of it? Any other weird shit go down for any of you?
>>
>>18917447
I didn't tell them the full story until over a year later, when we were all on shrooms. It scared them and they told me to stop talking about it, and it put a really bad vibe on the whole night. Beyond that, though, I didn't have any weird experiences, although somebody did die at school while I was attending.
>>
>>18881996
have to admit that sears outlet mall is pretty trippy

i dont think its haunted though, i used to buy coats at sears outlet with my mom when i was a kid and i remember it fondly
Thread posts: 234
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.