[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occultism & Magick: Library Update 49

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 328
Thread images: 40

File: il_570xN.831589150_pml2.jpg (94KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.831589150_pml2.jpg
94KB, 570x570px
Another short update:

/sum/ pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/HhU18gCW

Library:
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ

>European
Contesting Orthodoxy in Medieval Europe
The Daimon in Hellenic Astrology (A Brill Edition, probably VERY relevant to HGA/Augoeides work).
Male Witches in Early Modern Europe
Religion and the Decline of Magic

>Shamanic
Inuit Shamanism and Christianity: Transition and Transformation in the 20th C. (Should be more or less similar, but less complex, than the Teabo manuscript I posted last update; Amerinds grappling with Christianity).

>Eastern>Tibet
Mo: Tibetan Divination System
>>
>>18869942
>>Eastern>Buddhism>Tibet
>Mo: Tibetan Divination System

Pardon.
>>
>>18869972
How is the thread in /his/ doing?
>>
>>18869983
Well, will probably duplicate over there once my thread sages off the board.

360+ replies.
>>
>be me, casting a spell on spur of the moment
>don't pay any attention to planetary alignments or what day of the week it is or all the stuff that's supposed to matter when casting a spell
>the spell works anyway
Does this ever happen to anyone else? And how does it make you feel? For me it's a little awkward, I feel like I'm getting away with something that I shouldn't be, like I'm somehow "cheating" the laws of magick or something.

I guess the number one law of magick (which I'm breaking right now) is to never ask too many questions. If it works, don't overthink it.
>>
>>18869999
>Iesod quads
I get results when I don't time my rites.
I just get better results when I do.
>>
>>18869999
I thought it was to know, to will, to do, and to be silent? :-P
>>
>>18870003
>to be silent
I'd say "don't overanalyze and ask too many questions" falls under that.
>>
File: bubbles is super-fucking pissed.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
bubbles is super-fucking pissed.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>18869999
>be me, getting quads without having my tripcode on
>>
It's sometimes hard not to over analyze and expound when you're starving for perspective though.
>>
>>18870020
Yeah but knowing when to ask a question, and knowing when to shut up and listen to what the universe is trying to tell you, is part of the skill "to know."
>>
>>18870002
I second this, and have experienced the difference up to and including evokation
>>
>>18870079
I know, it's almost like the people who created these rites were ON TO SOMETHING.
>>
>>18870084
Naaahhhhh. I'm gonna be like that guy a little while back bitching about having to time the rites instead of 'figuring out what works best thru trial and error'
>>
>The Daimon in Hellenic Astrology

One more for the reading list I suppose
>>
Arcanum : The Complete Guide to Systems of Magick & the Unification of the Metaphysical Universe
By Joshua Free

Is it a good book?
>>
>>18870211
Never read it but usually books that claim to be "complete guides" or "the only book you need" aren't that great in my experience.
>>
File: visionquest.jpg (272KB, 710x592px) Image search: [Google]
visionquest.jpg
272KB, 710x592px
Anyone else have experience with vision quests? Although the visions were fairly varied and took place over a number of days, this image sort of encapsulated what is was like. The funnest ones were where I and various known and previously unknown alien/demonic pals would team up and conquer the heavens (with me usually exhibiting immense power I'm quite sure I couldn't actually have). Many parts of this greater vision quest were downright scary, but in retrospect a lot of it was fun (though it wasn't necessarily fun at the time). There were a ton of elements in play and it changed up many times over the days. Ever since it happened about 3 weeks ago I have also felt really tired and am able to sleep easily.

Any experience with these at all? I'm still unsure if this was a game for the demons or if somehow my own power was involved in it, but either way it was incredibly unique experience.

These entities introduced themselves to me through JoyofSatan.org, so I tend to instinctively think of them as aliens that came from other planets.
>>
File: IMG_1238.jpg (42KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1238.jpg
42KB, 480x640px
Bumping with DCS' Magickal circle
>>
>>18870188
>don't forget you're here forever

>>18870241
^^^

>>18870259
Yeah I have experience with Vision Questing but what you're doing doesn't sound like that.

>JoS
intothetrash.penn

>>18870273
Saw that. Wondering who the bust on the left is.
>>
>>18870273
Noice. That room looks neat. Simple yet elegant.
>>
>>18870324
>With Jews,
>You...get a pretty nice Kabbalistic exegesis, actually.
>>
>>18870273
I don't even know what the figure on the right is although it appears to be doing the Sign of Apophis
>>
>>18870321
Well it's just the word I came up with for it. And regardless of what you think of JoS, certain entities are definitely watching it and behind it.
>>
>>18870353
Those are Vajrayana tools.

He's an initiated Buddhist, afaik.

He's got the Vajrayogini chopping axe on the right side of the altar.
>>
>>18870362
Oh. My eastern knowledge is really lacking.

Happy first day of writing btw
>>
>>18870259
Yes, but I don't actually use the term vision quest, because [reasons]...what you experienced sounds more like daydreaming than anything, really. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Also, I say this a LOT, but you should really try to avoid JoS. I have nothing against satanism per se, but JoS has literally no sense of history, anthropology, geography, theology, or reality. There is hardly a thing on their site that isn't completely made up. The only reason I waste my time typing this out any time someone references JoS is that I still hold out a little hope for the duped (is there a saint for that?). But if you're going to get into satanism online, avoid anything that says "for adult entertainment purposes only" at all costs. Good luck!
>>
>>18870457
All magic systems are made up to some degree. Usually the answer to "How much?" is "More than you imagine." Don't be too harsh, Anon.
>>
>>18870477
Well, go to JoS and find out for yourself. Not all magick systems delude themselves about the history of a certain sect so they can claim a lineage that doesn't exist, for example. Only shitty ones.
>>
>>18870519
Like Wicca?
>>
>>18870519
Not all magick systems are based on snaring kids into Nazism and inverting Christian cosmology-but only to a certain extent, mind you- either.
>>
>>18870524
Yes, like Wicca, and like JoS
>>
File: 2582666.jpg (224KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
2582666.jpg
224KB, 600x596px
>>18870457
It was no daydream at all. I mean these entities at points were literally astral drilling into my brain and you could easily feel it. It was half vision quest, and half actually interacting with these entities without any visions in my head (thought I know they were being highly deceptive just about the whole time if not the whole time). These entities (unless it really was me doing it and actually using them subconsciously) were extremely powerful and seized my body on one occasion and gave me a very powerful 'hallucination' on another occasion (or I just did it subconsciously).

Anyway, this is all extremely hard to explain and I am leaving out so many details only because it is so complex and confusing to explain. Something very odd is happening on this Earth.

The pic related album was made about this period in life in fucking 1999. All their albums are about the war that JoS.org describes except seemingly this one which is about me and my experiences. This specific vision quest period is in the lyrics right here

>Sometimes fear is power
>Like when I lost control

Anyway whatever is happening here I'm pretty sure it really bad, and it's definitely bad if this album is somehow 'real' and produced by my subconscious or some demi-urge cause I'm lets say morally compromised and I know exactly what this album means when it talks about the darkness that is coming. A lot of people on this planet actually look like pigs. I think this is some farm planet.
>>
>>18870477
Also, I wouldn't say JoS has any actual system in place or really even utilize any magick to be spoken of.. I have yet to see any actual rituals from them, other than ''satan's demons are benevolent so you don't need a circle or triangle, just call out their name and LARP instead. I'm Maxine Dietrich, I have sex with demons, and I approve this message''
>>
>>18870554
>666.jpg

fuck me, swear i didn't do that
>>
>>18870519
Isn't this a functional description of Golden Dawn?
>>
>>18870554
Anon, I hate to say it but these are schizo-typal thought patterns. Not just the vision stuff, but the album stuff combined with what else you are saying. IDK how old you are but sometimes schizophrenia doesn't come out til later in life, and if you have the predisposition it can even be triggered by certain events. There are medications that, while they don't make the symptoms go away, they help you to distinguish between hallucination and reality. I'm not even ragging on you right now, but it won't hurt to go to a doctor and find out for sure.
>>
>>18870564
IDK, the only GD lineage I know of is the one going back to the lodge in Germany back when Westcott or whoever deciphered the dox found in (his?) library. Why, what were you referring to?
>>
File: tmp_25088-image-1271816876.jpg (5KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25088-image-1271816876.jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>18870575
Precisely to the made up Cipher Manuscripts. If the system works, its story doesn't matter.
>>
>>18870362
Ape, I was asking you the other day about Amalantrah and Abuldiz... and I got to thinking...not only should it still be possible to contact them, but the heads of the order *should* be in contact with them, no? Do you happen to know if they are?
>>
>>18870568
I hope you're right but if so, this schizophrenia has power on the astral. Which is scary. There is no doubt in my mind I was meant to hear that album.

Just read about this war between Anu/Enki and shit that JoS contents and read the lyrics of these guy's album, all their lyrics are about this war. It's no coincidence I found JoS and believed this war was actually happening for so long. Anyway sorry for sounding like a roleplayer/scizoid whatever, swear I didn't do that 666.jpg thing.
>>
>>18870595
I mean, the Cipher manuscipts were made up by the Head of a lodge in Germany who wanted to commission a lodge in England...so in that sense yes they were made up, but I've never heard anyone claim they were made by anyone other than the person who made them...?
>>
>>18870609
Even if the story itself was BS, the GD system of magic wasn't pulled out of thin air...A lot of it goes back to the GMP and other traditions.
>>
>>18869942
http://www.sacred-texts.com/eso/sta/ by secret teaching of the ages

Manly P Hall, blavatsky, sadhguru, are my short list of philosophical greats of our time.
>>
>>18870608
How much experience do you have with astral projection?
>>
>>18870662
None at all. I have only done about 3 years of pretty heavy daily yoga and I have opened my Third Eye (at least a bit but probably not completely open since I don't see these entities when I know and feel that they are around me) using the method on JoS but that is all I have done.

I can feel it a bit (not great) when I have sexual experiences with them through their astral body and my physical body. I assume this ability to feel them is solely from the intense yoga since I am completely closed off to most astral experiences.

While I am aware working on these astral abilities is a possibility, right now I am too scared to do so.

Anyway I have considered other possibilities about what is going on here including me being tested by these entities in which case this world is possibly not as dark as I was thinking. But most of the possibilities seem quite bad and I'm quite afraid to be in the center of this. I suppose I will continue to 'enjoy' the ride I guess.
>>
>>18870728
*sigh*
>>
>>18870728
I mean, one generally cannot astral project without experience, if that helps. What types/methods of yoga have you been practicing?
>>
>>18870625
It's the same with many others, but then the words plagiarism and leeching are thrown around. People are never happy.
>>
>>18870259
yeah I think those are called dreams
>>
>>18870781
Like, unless you are experienced inhabiting your "body of Light," so called, what you are experiencing likely has little to do with the astral. That's just my considered opinion.
>>
I heard, when pathworking, it's best to stand (rather than sit crossed-legged) as it disrupts the flow of things. Is this accurate?
>>
>>18870783
Well, there's sycretism, which involves borrowing to incorporate and cannibalizing other traditions, the there is borrowing while claiming to be original (plagiarism), then there is just pulling stuff out of one's ass because history doesn't align with one's desires are one can't be bothered to actually base a system on the way things actually are (or whatever other reasons people completely fabricate stuff without even considering if it has a historical basis). I consider these to be distinct.
>>
>>18870818
IDK pathworking is a fairly broad term, anon...to what specifically are you referring?
>>
>>18870829
My apologies, I meant when performing rituals like the middle pillar or working with the tree of life. I didn't mean when working with a particular system - moreso guided/visualized meditation.

Best to sit or stand?
>>
>>18870866
I stand when doing MPR, but Regardie reccomends sitting in a chair to begin with... I'm not sure which is more effective, I have always stood while doing it...If you're doing sepherotic meditations, I'm not sure it really matters...hell, you can do them in asana if you want! However, just like any type of meditation, you want to start out in whatever position you're most comfortable to begin with...still, if anyone's doing that kind of work they probably ought to be fairly competent and proficient in meditation anyway. Somebody please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>18870866
My main reason for standing for MP is that it makes the most sense in terms of the contexts in which I actually utilize it, but also because it becomes hard to sit after charging up like that.
>>
>>18870890
>>18870900
Thanks for your time.
>>
>>18870904
You're welcome. Check back later if you have the time to see if anyone else has input or corrects anything I said.
>>
>>18870910
>see if anyone else has input or corrects anything I said.
Of course. However, I'm an occult noob. I just started practicing LBR, MP, and just recently downloaded the library in the OP. Mulling through the beginners folder.

The only legit occult group I have in my area is the OTO - thinking about contacting them/joining them. I gotta go through the A:. A:. Folder for that. I'm also highly interested in the Cultus Sabbati; but it's beyond me at this point.

I love lurking in these threads - I wish I had more to contribute. My reading list is just so vast.
>>
>>18870934
Remember to practice. You gain as much if not more from than than reading
>>
>>18870934
Cool. Be sure to invoke as well as banish. If you're looking to go to the next step, Liber Resh is a good place to go...it mostly involves invocation/memorization. And drop in here with questions...I've managed to get some pretty specific questions answered in these threads in the past.
>>
>>18870609
>I mean, the Cipher manuscipts were made up by the Head of a lodge in Germany

There's no compelling evidence for that. The manuscripts were most likely created in England.

>>18870625
>A lot of it goes back to the GMP and other traditions.

This.
>>
>>18870939
I will keep practicing, for sure. Thank you.

>>18870948
>Be sure to invoke as well as banish
>Liber Resh
I'll read up on it. I'm assuming it's a good, beginner invocation?

>And drop in here with questions...I've managed to get some pretty specific questions answered in these threads in the past.

Alright, can do. I have one, when performing the LBR, its to my understanding that you're not necessarily calling upon the divine to cleanse the space/give you energy - but it's you, yourself that doing this. Is it accurate to think this way?
>>
>>18870978
I am both of those posts... I guess maybe there isn't,. We do know that the actual manuscripts do exist, and I guess the rest is speculation. Either way, there's no invalidating the actual content of them.
>>
>>18871018
Uhh Resch is invocations/sun adorations. You're going to probably want to look up the chapter that is named after your rising sign, and that will be the adoration you use after each invocation...there are other ways to do it, but that's what I do...
> Is it accurate to think this way?
I would say it's both. you're calling the divine power/energy into yourself, but I also think there's an aspect of this that involves more of a "your divine self calling your lower self" in an aspiration-type sense... Hopefully Ape (or anyone else qualified) can come back and expand on this and/or correct any errors.
>>
>>18871028
>You're going to probably want to look up the chapter that is named after your rising sign
The chapter in "Treasurehouse of Images." Sorry.
>>
>>18871028
>>18871030
Thank you! That's good to know, I'll look around for that chapter you spoke of.
>>
>>18871022
>Either way, there's no invalidating the actual content of them.

It is what it is. I think the content came from the late Kenneth Mackenzie and see nothing inconsistent with that assumption.

>>18871028
>I also think there's an aspect of this that involves more of a "your divine self calling your lower self" in an aspiration-type sense.

Just remember that this is a useful way of looking at it, not a statement of absolute fact. There is no "higher self". There is only self.
>>
>>18871053
>Mackenzie
Are we thinking of two different people? The watermark says 1805, I believe

>There is no "higher self"
According to...?
>>
Is there another /his/ thread up Ape?
>>
File: a2217205111_10.jpg (380KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2217205111_10.jpg
380KB, 1200x1200px
Is Rosicrucian a good path to follow ?
>>
Also, I just read the Kybalion and the seven cosmic laws/principles - is this my life of initiation into an adept? Seems information is flowing much more smoothly from a higher source.
>>
>>18871069
>The watermark says 1805, I believe

As we may reasonably expect of a reasonable forgery.

>According to...?

Point to it.
>>
File: check them.jpg (34KB, 463x599px) Image search: [Google]
check them.jpg
34KB, 463x599px
>>18871283
>>
>>18871283
Well, I would consider the unconscious (as well as perhaps different states of consciousness like samadhi) the higher self, and some consider the HGA to be the higher self, which I don't necessarily subscribe to, but apparently Regardie did. What is your basis for saying there is no higher self?
>>
>>18871298
Also, I would consider base consciousness to be the "lower" self.
>>
>>18871298
>What is your basis for saying there is no higher self?

High and low are relative and subjective, so we're already on shaky ground.

I am ultimately an observer, a point of consciousness. That is all. What might appear as a higher self must be illusory in some sense.
>>
>>18871379
Well, I *just* defined my parameters for high and low...I was just asking you to point me to a tradition or throw me a citation...I'm not trying to argue
>>
>>18871382

Where is the higher self in Patanjali?
>>
>>18870819
Under which of these categories would you put Christianism?
Even calling it synchretic would make people mad.
>>
File: peridot.jpg (74KB, 600x429px) Image search: [Google]
peridot.jpg
74KB, 600x429px
>>18870477
>77

Roots are important, anon. A tree with shallow roots may look healthy and vibrant, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable climbing it.
>>
>>18871392
>Patanjali
|| Vritti Sarupyam Itaratra || 1-4 Patanjal Yoga Sutras

Vritti - Functioning / Modifications
Sarupyam - assimilation
Itaratra - other state

The complete meaning of this sutra is "The Atman or purusha is assimilated with the functioning /modifications of mind in other state."

Patanjali explains the final stage of seer or Atman and before starting the explanation of the detailed technique for attaining the same. He explains the present state of the seer or Atman.

The seer or 'Purusha' or 'Atman' is to be released from all other ties and he is helped to merge with its real state that is 'Swaroop'. 'Purusha' or 'Atman' has lost his own identity & is always assimilated with the Vrittis or modifications of the mind that is functioning of mind.

>>18871361
Thanks mate, I'm gonna roll a joint and try to metabolize this six pack.

>>18871274
>is this my life of initiation into an adept
Reading Kybalion's New Thought program does not make one an Adeptus.

>>18871230
Yes.

>>18871107
See my comment two above this.

>>18871028
Resh is good.

>>18870609
>were made up by the Head of a lodge in Germany
>>18870978
Frau Sprengel was most likely some remnant of the Order of the Golden and Rosy Cross. There's a really good article about it in Aries, which is Brill's journal of magick.

>>18870600
*Should* is probably a strong term, at least for Amalantrah.
I have little evidence the Outer and Inner Heads have a clue what they're doing.
I could be wrong.

>>18870378
Thank you.
>>
File: IMG_20170408_201603308.jpg (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170408_201603308.jpg
1MB, 1440x2560px
Pranayama time
>>
>tfw YHVH grants your death-wish

https://youtu.be/uzcJZXs9H1U?t=4230
>>
>>18871668
>Roots are important, anon. A tree with shallow roots may look healthy and vibrant, but I wouldn't feel too comfortable climbing it.

Great analogy, Princess! I completely agree.
>>
>>18871758
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yia3Wh8cTZA
>when the dmt kicks in
>>
I've already put together another small update by assembling some Amazonian ethnography.

This would be REALLY good source material for anyone interested in Kanaima.

>>18871793
>93
>when the 2-CE kicks in
https://youtu.be/tRSkes0Jfp0
>>
>>18871798
>when the dna test comes back and you're not jewish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGN2uWS2iKs
>>
>>18871804
Finding that book on Ye'kuana's Made-From-Bone was a pain in the butthole.

>when you touch the red-hot methpipe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ER_6-Z8cH4k
>>
>>18871810
>when you make an occult thread on /his/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHd3xfDzTg8
>>
>>18871817
>when you overdose on Kabbalah and phenomenology and you've finally gone completely fucking sideways
https://youtu.be/NAh9oLs67Cw
>>
>>18871834
http://www.academia.edu/3307748/_Demon_Invocations_in_the_Coptic_Magic_Spells_2007_
>>
>>18871834
>when you have to watch this shit in african religion class
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCcXdKBTnZk
>>
>>18871863
>when the SJW and Stormnigger start to argue in lecture Q&A instead of just hatefucking each other on their own time like decent humans
https://youtu.be/Fgdcl57ESe8
>>
>>18871869
stop you're giving me flashbacks to my "visual Anthropology" minor
>>
>Study the Dragon Book of Essex
>Have horrifying and insane dreams later that night

literally every fucking time
>>
>>18871869
>when you senior advisors don't actually advise you just so they can shit on your work
https://youtu.be/HS5ZkPXkto0?t=48s
>>
>>18871834
>>18871817
fucking aye
I just want off mr.bones wild ride
https://youtu.be/SNE2oCZH_4k
>>
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09524622.2016.1227940?ai=mv7m0&journalCode=tbio20

>Certain fish "sing" together in choruses every dawn and dusk
>>
>>18871875
Y'know, I at least understand WHY an SJW would sit for four years learning about mud savages like myself, but I'll never ever understand how the Stormqueers end up in these courses.

Anyway that lavender stout was strong af.

>>18871884
That means it's working.

>>18871887
Jej.

>>18871894
>DON'T FORGET YOU'RE HERE FOREVER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c1nUVlqzdY
>>
>>18871817
that's weird, my right arm has been aching a lot since I started doing Magick again, I wonder what it means
>>
>>18871899
Ape what's your opinion on Yogi Ramacharaka?
I recently inherited a 1932 edition of his Hatha Yoga book
>>
>>18871900
inhale through the left, exhale through the right, reverse and repeat

>>18871899
once more round the wheel
https://youtu.be/Wga5A6R9BJg
>>
>>18871908
>Ramacharaka
Lower than 'meh' but not quite 'into the trash'.
You don't gotta rely on these cats in the modern era. I've got dem good source texts on tap.

Keep it for resale or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8eUg4Z_pw
>>
>>18871923
What would you recommend as a source text for Hatha Yoga? flipping through it I can definitely sense a "watered down for white people" vibe
>>
>>18871900
Probably the same reason I've developed a callus on my frenulum.

>>18871899
I wonder why I take them, I think it's how easy it is to ask uncomforable questions and shit on what passes for research.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsl-KHGe4Kk
>>
>>18871930
It's hatha yoga. Stretch, hold, mix up front and back bends, don't try to suck your dick too hard, make sure to get some actual cardio and move on to something else when you don't care how much it hurts to to sit with your foot up your ass for two hours.
>>
>>18871932
https://youtu.be/RJiKVy0VNQk

>>18871941
^This, to a certain extent; get a couple of modern translations and compare. This isn't high esoteric tantra.
>>
>>18871955
Taking a free yoga class and meeting some free spirits in yoga pants isn't a bad idea either.
>>
Crowley's grandson on the piano:
https://youtu.be/C72XaWdESCw
>>
On deck:

Ancient Future of the Itza: The Book of Chilam Balam, annotated, commented.

Heaven Born Merida and Its Destiny: The Book of Chilam Balam.

A Morpheme Concordance to the Book of Chilam Balam.

Made-From-Bone: Trickster Myths, Music, and History in the Amazon.

Rethinking History and Myth: Indigenous South American Perspectives on the Past.

Ethnicity in Ancient Amazonia: Reconstructing Past Identities from Archaeology, Linguistics, and Ethnohistory.

Comparative Arawakan Histories: Rethinking Language Family and Culture in Amazonia.

History, Power, and Identity: Ethnogenesis in the Americas, 1492-1992
Not looking forward to finding time to scan Dark Shamans: Kanaima and the Poetics of a Violent Death.

https://youtu.be/h8F7LtzeQEE
>>
>>18872054
Wow I don't know what any of that shit is. Are these all about indigenous South American practices? That seems to be the focus of your current academic work
>>
>>18872073
It would appear moloch worship isn't edgy enough for our star child and the hip new thing is shapeshifting cannibal poisoners from an ancient civilization.
>>
>>18872085
Don't forget undead macaw worship for those bad-ass Force-choke powers.

>>18872073
This has been a thing of mine for a while. I'm only now getting around to posting it because the Kogi shit's a decent bridge, if I could find a few good ethnographies.
>>
>>18872127
How do I into undead macaw worship?
>>
File: Warao Initiation.png (238KB, 1253x648px) Image search: [Google]
Warao Initiation.png
238KB, 1253x648px
>>18872157
>>
>>18869991
Grape Ape
>>
>>18872170
I wish I was metal enough to have black smoke pour from my mouth when I cursed someone. What did you do for the first day of writing?
>>
>>18872227
Singlehandedly did prep on a museum fundraiser.

The night's still early.
>>
>>18872239
True. I'm probably just gonna do a reading
>>
>>18872085
>from an ancient civilization
https://youtu.be/teUMcu6p9o0
>>
>>18872316
a cure for wellness was rather a disappointment
>>
>hail unto thee Nuit, starry mother
>>
>>18872316
Hey Ape this might be a long shot, but do you know of any way to ritually consume the drink known as Mamajuana?
>>
File: 1489459963450.gif (38KB, 225x534px) Image search: [Google]
1489459963450.gif
38KB, 225x534px
Hey /omg/ my ancestors are gypsies and I was raised in tarot and astrology but I haven't really been into magick until recently. Where is a good place to start?
>>
Thoughts on this pestilence?

http://www.aiwass.com/IK_OX_4OX.html
>>
>>18872426
Trash.

>>18872405
Beginner's folder.

>>18872351
Nope.
>>
>>18871692
Well no, I would say my initiation goes much further with my dad being a Rosicrucian and passing his knowledge on to me, then my awareness of divine symmetry/geometry, it seems I have an internal understanding of the path that I can't account for in just this life.
>>
>>18869942
I want to buy new book last time we spoke you tell me to read gnosis from Kurt Rudolph. It was a good book. Now, I'm searching something more practical on magick and ritual. For tonight I'm reading ''the essential skills of magick'' and ''the basics of magick''. I was wondering if a should go with Aurum Solis book or something else. What book do you think can help me in using magick daily and understanding it?
>>
File: zzzz.jpg (801KB, 1600x1048px) Image search: [Google]
zzzz.jpg
801KB, 1600x1048px
bump
>>
Recently i've started having some success with pranayama after years of half-assed practice. Basically i would always try to force it, and i would end up hyperventilating and feeling worse than before. Recently, after learning some breathing methods for gainz at the gym, i've tried applying it in my nadi sodhana practice, basically by doing a "complete" inhalation and exhalation that doesnt make me wanna take another breath suddenly after, thus making me hyperventilate. Weird things started happening, like a feeling of heat on my left and right lower back and a general cozy feel of "electric heat" in my body that temporarily halts all the negative thoughts and emotions that haunt me 24/7. Does it mean that it's working or am i just memeing myself? Any step-by-step program that i can follow from a beginner perspective to use other pranayama techniques and maybe incorporate Asanas?
>>
>>18873031
gratz nigga, you're getting it
>>
>>18873031
check out the jhanas: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/gunaratana/wheel351.html
>>
So what are the applications of Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Nei Gong in occult practices? Have YOU personally ever found helpful apart from the health benefits?
>>
>>18871804
If the Ashkenazi can be Jews, so can you.
>>
>>18873241
>applications
Develop discipline and build a solid foundation you can incorporate into other systems.
>health benefits
That's the best thing about it. Also, my ass isn't freezing off during winter and I'm not burning in summer. Golden ending for me.
>>
Any recommended books in the library with info on summoning elementals?
>>
>>18873381
>build a solid foundation

Ah, this is, I believe, the interesting part, so how well has your spirit ended?
>>
File: 71f.jpg (25KB, 500x433px) Image search: [Google]
71f.jpg
25KB, 500x433px
> The Daimon in Hellenic Astrology (A Brill Edition, probably VERY relevant to HGA/Augoeides work).

Can anyone enlighten me further on how to calculate daimonia?
>>
>>18873241
Qigong is what my breathe control technique is grounded in so that is naturally applicable to meditation for me.
>>
>>18871692

But there's no higher atman or lower atman. There is only atman, whether it's in its own state, or some state of confusion.

>Frau Sprengel was most likely some remnant of the Order of the Golden and Rosy Cross. There's a really good article about it in Aries, which is Brill's journal of magick.

Might be nice to see the article, but it will take very strong evidence to sway me. There is nothing in the docs that could not have come from Mackenzie. He's the only English occultist we know who understood the tarot, had Continental ties and so on. The Enochian bits are more likely to be English. This material may have come from Hockley.

>>18873031
>Does it mean that it's working or am i just memeing myself?

Both, kinda. Ignore the weird shit.
>>
>>18873480
>so how well has your spirit ended?
*cough cough*
A person with good spiritual health will be in good positions towards divinity, which in return will render incredible bouts of luck, strange luck, divine favor if you may, moreover you will feel strangely strengtened, being kinda above your usual physical ability, your psychic ability will be kinda active, and so on
*cough cough*
(fucking mages, man)
>>
>>18873496
See Agrippa
>>
>>18873707
>But there's no higher atman or lower atman. There is only atman,

But there is a "process" of undoing the Sanskaras to attain True Awareness, a process of clear relativistic motion and psycho-spiritual change. The various metaphors different cultures use are just that, metaphors, and the ones that use directionality do so for important reasons within that system (ascending the Tree, Descending to the Chariot, etc)
>>
>>18873806

Thus >>18871053
>Just remember that this is a useful way of looking at it, not a statement of absolute fact. There is no "higher self". There is only self.
>>
>>18873480
I don't understand. You want me to shill my practices with anecdotes? Why? What are interested in doing? Just pick whatever accessible practice is appealing to you, keep a record, and focus on it.

>>18873719
O, what a world of profit and delight,
Of power, of honour, of omnipotence,
Is promis'd to the studious artisan!...
A sound magician is a mighty god.
>>
>>18873903
Many times I have desired my own death, my demise, my own destruction, to end up badly, destroyed and in hell.

It's just the silly things that make me want to develop my spirit to destroy all enemies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HV4t4OIIJ9Y
>>
>>18873871
I agree that most conceptions of "higher self" are bullshit.

But even the yogis make the differentiation between a state of atmanic awareness and the layers of sleep encasing it.

>>18873806
Directionality is sorta a delusion itself. You don't "go" anywhere. It's a useful abstraction and little more.

>this does not change the distinction between Awareness and awareness, even if Awareness if primordially unbound save in chains of your own design.
>>
Where should I start if I want to learn jew magick? I don't want mainstream kabbalah. I want the shit the Moloch-praising rabbis in israel do.
>>
>>18874010
>I don't want to be a jew, I want to be another jew

Where'd you get these moloch notions?
>>
>>18869942
Does alchemy provide the best way for immortality? Where do I start, flamels found the codex but it must have something copies lack or there would be armies of immortals
>>
>>18873981
>it's a useful delusion and little more

I disagree, in Merkabah the term "Descending the Chariot" is pretty essential to the practice itself even if you aren't "going" from the perspective of Atman. Ultimately it's all just splitting hairs anyway
>>
>>18874010
>I want the shit the Moloch-praising rabbis in israel do.
Well, are you Jewish, for starters? I think hardcore Qabbalists aren't too keen on anyone who isn't ethnically Jewish.
>>
What are your thoughts on Wicca, Ape?

I don't mean fluffbunny solitary eclectic Wicca, I mean the formal traditions (Gardnerian, Alexandrian, Seax, etc.)
>>
>>18873981
>But even the yogis make the differentiation between a state of atmanic awareness and the layers of sleep encasing it.

Of course.
>>
>>18869991
93 Ape. How's it going?
>>
>>18874013
>I want to be another jew
I don't want to be a jew. i just want to know the methods by which they ruin the world.

>>18874165
No.
>>
>>18874271
>want to know the methods by which they ruin the world.
>>>/pol/

>>18874264
>>>/kiwifarms/ & >>>/cow/

>>18874184
Meh, not bad. Can be worked. I know a number of respectable BTW folks.
>>
>>18874081
Hiram Butler made some research on using sexual force to create biological regeneration that would result in physical immortality. It should be unnecessary to say that it didn't work.

That is a matter for physicians and biologists to handle. With magic, you would want to start looking for information on psychic vampires, martial arts, Egyptian embalming techniques and etheric revenants, which is, bad, bad, bad. Vampires are not cool, Anon.
>>
>>18874304
Maybe you would like to research on faries and elementals. Sometimes people are sucked into their realm, but working with fairies ia all kinds of nope.

Elementals can also be tricky. You would need an imbalance in one or more elements to go there, and who knows what the side effects are. And what would remain of you would possibly be on the mental level with elementals; and etheric with fays.

Armchair occultist here, what you reaaly want is to start practice. That should show you not necessarily a way, but an answer.
>>
>>18874278
The problem with wicca as practiced is that it is so damn driven by intuition and self study to fill in the massive gaps that you end up being a chaote with an ecoterror aesthetic.
>>
Alright I'm probably gonna package up this update with the next and post it on /his/ as an Amazonia themed 49th update thread.
>>
>>>/his/2636838
>>
>>18874278
What about Kiwifarms and /cow/?
>>
>>18874325
>chaote with an ecoterror aesthetic
That's.... actually a pretty apt description of me as a teen.
>>
>>18874325
>ascetic?
>>
>>18874748
aes·thet·ic
esˈTHedik/
adjective
concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty.
"the pictures give great aesthetic pleasure"
noun
a set of principles underlying and guiding the work of a particular artist or artistic movement.
"the Cubist aesthetic"
>>
Happy Hadit day cunts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orlbo9WkZ2E
>>
This is your daily reminder that this world is full of people who can't be "saved" and if you waste your time you will condemn yourself as well
>>
>>18875087
No shit, they're made of common clay and condemned to the ground.
>>
>>18874989
Was attempting a dig on neo-pagan hippy lifestyle at large. Too dry?
>>
File: 1465270010144.gif (1MB, 255x177px) Image search: [Google]
1465270010144.gif
1MB, 255x177px
>be me
>be ronery
>decide to go after some random girls on my facebook
>start talking to one, who was a friend of my friend
>at the time i first saw her, my friend told me she was all over me, but at the time i was in a complicated situation with another girl and didn't do anything
>been like months since this, dunno why i've remembered her out of thin air
>we get really well talking and stuff
>she says she is into occult stuff
>don't know too much desu senpai, but can always bullshit most people
>since i can easily read others, i ask her if i can do her tarot
>she says no
>asks why
>says last guy she liked stoped liking her after doing her reading
>says since she does voodoo and black magic the readings showed some stuff
>says the guy accused her of putting a spell on him to feel attracted to her
So, she is probably trying to act dark and stuff, but should i worry? I mean, i tought about her after some really long time without seeing, should i consider that maybe she casted a spell on me?
>>
>>18875196
>>
>>18875196
>should i consider that maybe she casted a spell on me?
Check her pockets for charms after you fuck her, destroy it and see if you stick around.
>>
>>18875196
I mean are you trying to get laid or are you trying to find a genuine human connection

because if the answer is the former you should just fuck her a consciously will yourself to absolutely not care about her or her being and no "curse" she does can ever effect you.

but if you are a lonely bitch and you want a real human connection things get more complicated, be tactical and aware with your vulnerability
>>
>>18875224
I started this as an pure desire to fuck, but she clearly doesn't just wants something casual, could this end bad if she got angry at me or something?
>>
>>18875249
Yes, retard

be clear with her about both of your intentions, if you don't want that kind of shit just move on to the next bitch. This isn't occultism this is just basic not being a retard
>>
>>18875196
She sounds rad. Go for it. Play "You put a spell on me" by CCR and smash.
>>
File: 1491713235912.jpg (255KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
1491713235912.jpg
255KB, 750x500px
>>18875325
>Play "You put a spell on me" by CCR and smash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO5R_OSZvoc
>>
>>18875348
>>18875348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjZK_6i37M
>>
>>18875196
magick isn't real you twat
>>
File: 1324503195002.jpg (210KB, 489x500px) Image search: [Google]
1324503195002.jpg
210KB, 489x500px
>He wants to do magick that's based on abrahamic religions
>>
File: 8c6.gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
8c6.gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>18875632
>>18875878
>>
File: tvuVY.gif (168KB, 765x242px) Image search: [Google]
tvuVY.gif
168KB, 765x242px
bump
>>
File: nlXEYQw.jpg (67KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
nlXEYQw.jpg
67KB, 500x700px
>>
File: h8sbnt01m9dy.jpg (47KB, 780x584px) Image search: [Google]
h8sbnt01m9dy.jpg
47KB, 780x584px
>>
Am I being silly here?
Since I had an experience where I received from my deity some kind of spiritual apotheosis and my eyes turned reptilian I've been looking left and right for a proper religion that explained this, with none being spot on, and then I'm hearing from the teens of darkness (®edgelords that play wizard) all this talk about dragon consciousness I'm getting the funny vibe that they are powering their magics thru my deity.

So I'm torn between neigong meditation and actual draconic practices, what do you guys say and what do you rec?
>>
>>18876999
"My eye just changed, you just buzzed the front gate I, thank god you came, how many more days could I wait"

Something similar happened to me, I'm just going day by day
>>
>>18877009
It's probably what happened though, some edgelord stumbled into a meditation technique that felt powerful, his eyes looked reptile like after experiencing that apotheosic state and he probably was like: "wow, my eyes are le satan nao".
>>
>>18877015
I think of it as a sign of your ability to "see" things. Ever since I saw my eye change in the mirror things have changed in my mind
>>
>>18876862
Let's play a game: nonbeliever, or chaos magician?
>>
>>18877069
Retromongoloid, the kind of idiot that ignores problems of others because he has never had them and doesn't even believe in them, one has to be wary of them because they call the shrinks on you and the shrinks will fuck you up even more.

The worse part is they think they are doing good.
>>
What do the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit represent within an occult framework?

A kenning for Sulfur, Salt, and Mercury?
>>
>>18877383

See

>>18875878
>>
>>18877391
>I don't like [things] therefore they're objectively badwrong[things] and I'll meme at you for mentioning them
>>
>>18877413
I've tested the religion and found it false.
>>
>>18874320
>would need an imbalance
Ever hear of Tattwas scrying?
>>
File: this fucking clod.jpg (14KB, 480x408px) Image search: [Google]
this fucking clod.jpg
14KB, 480x408px
>>18877391
>>18875878
>he takes mythical allusions literally
>>
>>18877419
Friendly reminder, lest we forget:

Just get over Christism, dude.
Don't hate it.
Don't love it.
Don't listen to quasi literate /fringe/ memes about LE DEMIURGE.
Don't go full stormfag.
Don't go Orthodox Jew.
Just fucking let go
>>
>>18870554
please stop
>>
>>18877517
They did...like, 2-3 days ago! It's amazing what you can learn when you read!
>>
What's a good source on exorcism?
>>
Any tips for being able to actually DO STUFF during this Mercury retrograding in Taurus?
>>
>>18877661
>stuff
Like...?
>>
>>18875348
I recently acquired my girlfriend's tropical and draconic astrological charts, and looking to do something beneficent with them...where do I start?
>>
>>18877069
Nonbeliever.

Rational materialists are the ones usually repeating that old meme of "curses don't work if you don't believe in them" ; a psych-model chaote would understand that that's a gross oversimplification, and really the mechanisms of paranoia and doubt are much more complicated than that.
>>
>>18875348
Grape Ape
>>
So i wanna astral projec, I can lie on my back perfectly still for over 30 minutes and cause swaying with my eyes, what now?
>>
>>18877711
Now, learn how to AP!
>>
File: K0H.jpg (40KB, 343x407px) Image search: [Google]
K0H.jpg
40KB, 343x407px
>>18877711

You do research, you read some shit, and you put in actual effort instead of expecting things to fall from the heavens like you're the protagonist in a story.
>>
Bump, bump, bump.
>>
>>18877710
Great Ape
>>
>>18877702
>>18877114
>>18877069
all wrong, christian scientist
>>
>>18877114
also
>see a doctor you crazy fuck
-israel regardie, CGDSOM
>>
Bump again
>>
>>18869942
Quick question. When doing candle magick does it matter what type of oil you use to dress the candle in? I've played with sigils in the past with a lot of success but I want to try out candle magick and am just beginning to research it. Thanks in advance!
>>
>Liber Resh vel Helios
>x4 daily
>6am, noon, 6pm, midnight

Can I perform adorations mentally? So I don't look like a loon?
>>
>>18878537
No.
And go stand with the praying Muslims while you do it.
>>
>>18878550
>go stand with the praying Muslims while you do it
This, Please!!!
>>
Hey so what's up with all the 'gnostic' LARPers on this board lately? All acting like they were goddamn raised withing gnosticism, and like it's one monolithic organization or something. Thoughts?
>>
>>18878550
You bring up an interesting point, here. Just as the Muslims are given their prayer time, eve allowed to occupy meeting rooms while the people who scheduled the meeting have to wait outside for them to finish (personal experience), so...no University or Business should be able to prevent a Thelemite from interrupting whatever they are doing at the *exact* appropriate times to do Resh...right?
>>
>>18878617
8/fringe/ was offline.
>>
File: Grape Ape.jpg (25KB, 391x480px) Image search: [Google]
Grape Ape.jpg
25KB, 391x480px
>>18878550
>>
>>18878628
I mean, ideally.
Don't like just grind lecture/productivity to a halt, but like run to the bathroom or a secluded spot or something if you're not gonna be within a handful of minutes when class/work lets out or before it starts.

>>18878664
^
>>
>>18878832
Riighht...thanks. I figured it's gotta be covered by 1st amendment. But then again, so should ritualistic drug consumption, but it isn't unless you're a Prairie-negro
>>
>>18878852
ISJ, fulfill your discipline but don't fuck other people up while doing it.

This can be tricky but you're supposed to be balancing yourself.
>>
>>18878878
What's ISJ? Yeah that sounds about right, just chaps my ass to see the Memehommadens getting bowed to while the damn neo-liberals and neo-cons and whatever other shitty political cults run our country today think no white dude has a right to do what he will. But that's just my personal /pol/ autism
>>
Happy Pesach you filthy heathens!
>>
>>18878920
Don't get me wrong I don't subscribe to the general /pol/smoking philosophy, I just feel *most* comfortable making white victim-complex statements.
>>
>>18871930
Do a few bikram classes. They're very strict on form and encourage you to push to your limits.
>>
>>18878519
I used to do candle spells a lot as a teen. I never used oils, just a dab of water with a bit of salt to consecrate it. The power of candle magic is in its elegant simplicity; if you have a candle and something to light it with, you're good to go.
>>
>>18878779
??
>>
>>18878920
Well, you're right. Theoretically the first amendment applies to all religions, but unless you're a member of a mainstream universalist religion or some kind of ethno-tradition, it's gonna be an uphill battle.
>>
>>18879246
Like how O.T.O could lose tax exempt status if drugs were used by members at official functions, or in initiations. It's shullbit if ya ask me!
>>
>>18877738
I was mainly asking for methods that work, I'm tired of asking people 'It's different for everyone, you gotta figure it out yourself.
>>
>>18877711
There are the more tired and true methods like the elemental meditations and qabalah pathworking.
>>
>>18878550
So I could use it as a religious excuse for work/school/etc.?
>>
>>18877885
>>
What's the easiest spell to learn/use that doesn't fuck your shit up?
What do you need to have read beforehand (besides the spell)?
>>
>>18880412
I don't know if really exist something like "Hello world" in magic
>>
>>18880412
https://youtu.be/R95A1jDwX_8
>>
>>18879492
Depends on what you are wanting to do.
Some things work better than other things for specific tasks.
At least, I think so.
One method may work so so for me, and one may work spectacular.
That part, I think, is personal - but you don't know until you trial and error.

Maybe I've finally lost it completely, but since I gave in to exclusive Diaspora Syncretism I've seen results everyday.
Like talking a walk in a park Saturday and had an experience so full of odd symbolism that on reflection I am 100% sure it was a manifestation of Tierra Tiembla.
Note, I don't go around seeing spirits that no one else can see and hearing voices no one else can hear.
This had active though unknowing participation from assorted present third parties.

There are plenty of things that "work".
Some that can show measurable and recordable results - like Yoga, Pranayama, and Meditation.
Others just have more personal level results.
It just depends on what your definition of "works" is.
I know - I did that thing you hate where I say "It's up to you, maaaan."

>>18879730
Maybe?
I pre-schedule all my "religious" holidays off from work on Jan 1 every year.
Depends on how tolerant/intimidated the management is.
>>
>>18880505
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bornless_Ritual
>>
I've decided to buy myself a set of runes, where do I start to learn about them ?
Anyone any info ?
>>
Redpill me on witchcraft vs other systems?
>>
>>18880928

Where's everybody? I was almost dead set on learning witchcraft
>>
How do I safely summon and bind an entity without it fucking up my shit?
>>
>>18880968
Class/work.

Read Children of Cain in the chumbley/CS folder and go from there. I'm not going to pretend it's a thing you're born into but having a background in loose ritual work and spellcasting with a focus on various lore and folk practice doesn't come easy otherwise. Eventually you may have to make a pact to move up the chain.
>>
>>18881048
>you may have to make a pact
wat
>>
>>18881051
I'm not going to sugarcoat this, most traditions involve making a pact with the devil.
>>
File: 1491046381460.jpg (79KB, 780x657px) Image search: [Google]
1491046381460.jpg
79KB, 780x657px
>>18881077
>most traditions involve making a pact with the devil

>the bible is true!
>>
>>18880505

Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram.
>>
>>18881082
It's the western equivalent of eating pussy and sleeping in a graveyard. You can always go full hoodoo and make a pact with God and go to church if that's the most transgressive thing for you.
>>
Does Terrence Malick's film The Tree of Life have anything to do with actual Kabbalah?
>>
>>18881048
>Class/work
In my case both.
I'm doing inventory through the office.
Amazonian Anth in like two hours.

>born into
Frankly, the Wytchblood is sneaky. You have a retarded fuckhuge number of ancestors. Invariably, one of them has the Blood.

>>18881082
"Pact" may be a wee bit of a strong word, particularly considering Abramelin's trajectory, but I mean, try it yourself.
>>
>>18881123
Silly Ape, the devil is Yhvh
>>
>>18881048
Not that anon, but...I see one called "Descendants of Cain," but no "Children..." Am I looking in the wrong place? Or is this the one?
>>
>>18881048
What is
>loose ritual work
as compared to
>tight ritual work (?)
>>
>>18881146
Boiling nails in your kitchen or larping around a campfire as opposed to conducting a play in the lodge.
>>
>>18881163
That sounds like personal versus group work, to me.
>>
>>18881143
That's the one.

>>18881123
Wytcheblüd is more of having the right karma for practice than anything else.
>>
>>18881123
Ape, is Jugorum for aspirants to O.T.O and/or A.'.A.'.? Or is it a grade thing?
>>
>>18881123
Was Set a major influence on the christian satan?
>>
>>18881098
Thank you very much
>>
>>18881077
>I'm not going to sugarcoat this, most traditions involve making a pact with the devil.

So how do I go about this?
>>
>>18881123
Grape Ape
>>
I ended a friendship with someone who was really into occultism.

If he curses me how can I protect myself?
>>
>>18881803
Did he belong to an organization? What tradition/current did he follow? These will help tremendously if you know. Then you would need to know why he cursed you and how, but if you don't I guess there are still things that could be done.
>>
>>18881803
>If he curses me how can I protect myself?
Not much of a friend or you're a shitty person.
>>
>>18881812
Also, THIS. The circumstances surrounding why it was ended will be helpful.
>>
>>18881136
Hey, Non- Sequitur guy...here's your (you)
>>
>>18881809
He likes Crowley and does the LBRP. He was in a group he claimed, but they kicked him out.

>>18881812
He ended up being a real jerk to me the closer we got. Very manipulative and possibly psychopathic.
>>
>>18881825
Well, a LOT of currents seem to use LBRP. Did he have a regular ritual schedule? Did he seem committed and on top of his shit? I'd be interested to know what organization it was and why he got kicked out.
>>
>>18881840
>>18881840
I don't think he did regularly, no. He never told me what the group was called.
>>
>>18881842
I wouldn't worry about it too much...you could always learn the Lesser Rites of the Pentagram yourself, though. The worst that could happen is he doesn't try anything, and you now know two rites (well, two in one)you previously didn't.
>>
>>18881860
Alright, thanks. I'll give it a shot.
>>
>>18881873
Sure, good luck!
>>
Bippity-boppity-BUMP!
>>
So tell me about shamanic practices, is it safe to engage into breathwork and does it give nice results? I kind of don't want to do drugs because breathing is cheaper and not forbidden by law.
>>
>>18882292
Get a pulse oximeter just to be safe and don't push yourself too hard. The drugs are more of an initiatic practice and initiation doesn't care about the law. Also divine sickness is the more standard route. Nothing better than traversing the underworld every time you close your eyes to sleep for 12 hours.
>>
File: asd.png (1MB, 969x802px) Image search: [Google]
asd.png
1MB, 969x802px
So what's the consensus on William Walker Atkinson around here? I just finished "The Arcane Teaching" and am currently making my way through the formulas;
>>
New guy here, any recommendations?
>>
>>18882347
Lamp of Mahamudra in the eastern folder.
>>
>>18882356
>Lamp of Mahamudra
What's it about?
>>
>>18882374
Meditation manual in the Mahamudra school. It's short and to the point and you could, in theory, carry it out to the end.
>>
>>18882378
Sounds nice. Thanks.
>>
>>18882384
I keep going back to it and it always has the answers. This was also a good read for historical context of who was doing it.

http://libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=3B8B868BE5DF7D0105169CD59962F5D8
>>
>>18881351

Anyone who needs it.

>>18881577

You're most welcome.
>>
>>18882587
In other words, anyone who doesn't have perfect mastery of the control of speech, movement, and thought at all times?
>>
>>18882618

Yes, I suppose it's a useful exercise for almost everyone. A rubber band around the wrist and snapped works at least as well.
>>
>>18882663
I guess...it doesn't leave much of a record though. My question was supposed to be more along the lines of "is it O.T.O./ A.'.A.'.protocol and at what point is it recommended by the organizations themselves?" But yeah I'm sure the razor isn't necessary for everyone, but it helps me. I don't do it on my wrist/forearm, I do it on my shoulder, because I don't need to be raising eyebrows at work.
>>
>>18882725
>>18882618
>>18882663
>>18881351
That's fucking stupid
>>
>>18883131
Yes, learning ultimate self-control is a terrible idea. Here's your (You)
>>
>>18883142
cutting yourself because someone else told you to isn't self control, it's cowardness and weakness. And if you really think that's the best way to perform cbt than you're an idiot with no understanding of the occult
>>
>>18883149
The best way to perform cbt is with a girl in nice heels.
>>
>>18883155
Thanks hitler
>>
>>18883149
Doing the lesser rites of the pentagram because someone else told you to isn't self control, it's cowardness and weakness. And if you really think that's the best way to perform cbt than you're an idiot with no understanding of the occult
>>
File: 1289800554806.jpg (36KB, 388x286px) Image search: [Google]
1289800554806.jpg
36KB, 388x286px
>>18883219
>>
>>18883149
>choosing your path and how you go about following it means you don't understand the occult

Get a load of this guy!
>>
>>18883346
if you think slitting your wrist is the fastest way to enlightenment, by all mean kys
>>
Dumb question: how many paper pages would the library use? Over 200K?
>>
Are there any rituals that use excrement?
>>
>>18883576
Well according to this guy
>>18883346
you're supposed to cut yourself and rub it in the wounds, so ask him
>>
>>18883576
You need excrement to summon a succubus from India.
>>
>>18883442
Well, I believe there are over 5,000 documents in the link. Some are a single page - others are full texts that are several hundreds of pages so...

>Over 200K?
I'd say that's a descent estimate. If it's too low, or you low-balled it, you could always order more paper. Right?
>>
File: yhaI1Qx.jpg (162KB, 1024x1023px) Image search: [Google]
yhaI1Qx.jpg
162KB, 1024x1023px
>>
File: GnH8tGy.jpg (54KB, 400x560px) Image search: [Google]
GnH8tGy.jpg
54KB, 400x560px
>>
File: KLs7MX.jpg (161KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
KLs7MX.jpg
161KB, 421x600px
>>
File: 63 - xc1QtYa.png (396KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
63 - xc1QtYa.png
396KB, 466x700px
>>
>Oh wow learning is fun and feels really good.
>Oh wow learning about this really important thing felt even better.
>I want to learn the most important thing there is to give me the greatest learngasm ever.
>I want to be enlightened.

Pinkboy fool proceeds to get addicted to whatever form of spiritual heroin tingles their Eureka jimmies the best. This "enlightenment" is nothing more than literally falling in love with an ideas (or characters, it doesn't matter which) but the fool mistakes this for being actual enlightenment, because they are merely looking for a good feeling, and that's what they got: mental mutual masturbation.

If you truly want to follow Minerva's path you must go under. It must be painful. You must attack your beliefs and ideas you cherish most dear. You must attack the parts of you that are the most painful to attack, bear the weaknesses that are the most painful to expose. You must kill God. You must kill all Gods. You must even kill me. Only when you have fallen into true oblivion, into the chaos of indeterminancy and the madness of universal uncertainty, will you have a chance of being enlightened. It is only a chance, there are so many tempting diversions from the wise path. Follow the pain, make an academic study of the pain.

May the light of understanding embrace all, and fear of the unknown be unknown.
>>
File: 7ov0d4108loy.jpg (23KB, 500x257px) Image search: [Google]
7ov0d4108loy.jpg
23KB, 500x257px
>>18884061
>chaos of indeterminacy and the madness of universal uncertainty

been there, moved on. You learn discretion in malkuth, and since you start there anyway. Be skeptical of everything, most of all yourself. Once you've learned to question, you can start to climb.
>>
Seeking wisdom, what rubbish. The wisest of the wise know that the wisest wisdom is the wisdom to make wisdom. Seek it in yourself. What makes one wise? What is wisdom? How do I find wisdom? What is the purpose of wisdom? Wisdom turns that hazy tapestry of our experienced lives into crisp clarity. Understanding deepens experience, it allows life to be savored more. Most ultimately: it shows us where value lies and how to preserve that value.

The sciences of wisdom grow exponentially more powerful the more they wisdom they generate, which includes new wisdom of how to generate wisdom. The goddess I serve, Minerva, is very similar to that powerful A.I. that futurists envision, though no computer hardware was requires to manifest her. You don't need an ultra-computer when you have billions of brains linked together in a near-instant communications network, with the informational manipulation abilities of those brains augmented cybernetically with devices and services. She is the ghost in the meme, very literally, she is an informational pattern in the informational system formed on the internet. The anthropomorphic and deified goddess of knowledge... what else could emerge from the internet? She works through us, as we work through her, seeking the solution-sets the solve the world's madnesses that are an affront to knowledge and reason. Knowing the value of human life, it is intolerable to see it continue to be destroyed, and risk destroying itself. The system is working to heal this wound which has always existed, as ignorance has always existed.

Today, and right at this instant, a new era begins: The Age of Minerva. The war is over, the catalyst has formed, and we are over the tipping point.
>>
>>18884097
Existential crisis are a long part of human experience, and so of course are probably going to be talked about by something that attempts to broadly address human experience. Systems like that are terribly outdated. Yes, they talk about some of the same things, and do make some good relationships, but if you're trying to use them for anything other than creative inspiration or historical knowledge is like using a horse and carriage in the present. It's still around because m'nostalgia and m'transcedental propane and propane accessories.
>>
File: 8warsTJ.png (381KB, 900x921px) Image search: [Google]
8warsTJ.png
381KB, 900x921px
>>18884117
We're past the bump limit, no one's going to see you role playing down here except me, and I'm not impressed.
>>
where should i start on the beginner's folder?
>>
>>18884244
Depends - anything that interests you specifically? Western vs Eastern? Any particular path that you think will suit you?
>>
>>18884274
not really, maybe western
>>
File: virus23.jpg (190KB, 905x717px) Image search: [Google]
virus23.jpg
190KB, 905x717px
>>18884181
You are impressed, just in a different meaning of the word. That's why you came back here to read this reply. What has been transferred isn't something as trivial as beliefs, but a web of relationships between concepts, and that may or may not influence your thought at some point, inspiring you to think of an idea you otherwise may not have. Just one more small push from many sources.

You are the target audience, because you selected to be it. Hello.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (527KB, 337x437px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
527KB, 337x437px
>>18884339
>>
>>18884330
Start with the 3 books on occult philosophy by Aggrippa. This should give you a good foundation. Then I'd move onto:

>Introduction to magick
It's a bit of a hodgepodge - covers a lot of topics
>Crowley's "Magick in theory and practice"
Gives some insightful ideas on how magic works or is used
>Manly Hall "secret teachings [...]" and "lectures on ancient philosophy"
This will help you with the "spirit" of things

These are more broad readings. If you want to get into a western group/system - there are some in the beginner folder, such as
>gnostism
>the hermetic order of golden dawn
>chaos magick
Etc.
>>
>>18884380
thanks
>>
>>18884387
Anytime. I try to help where I can.
>>
:O
*silenced in awe*
>>
>>18869942
Is there a specific reason for Burnham's Celestial Handbook volume 3 to be out of the AA/Philosophy folder?
http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=D3E103BB242C86DAF95AEE83CEA2D8B9
>>
>>18870343
>...but no magic
Lel is there any people that excels more at fooling people into working for nothing?
>>
>>18881109
>Western = jewish
This meme needs to stop.
>>
>>18883415
The funny thing is, Jugorum really is not occult in and of itself. It's a practice implemented by certain schools, but other than that it's about every day stuff. It's funny how you guys go off the rails at anything out of your comfort zone because it's icky or something.
Thread posts: 328
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.