[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used Tarot Cards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: pam-roses-lilies-1024x884.jpg (399KB, 1024x884px) Image search: [Google]
pam-roses-lilies-1024x884.jpg
399KB, 1024x884px
Hey /x/, I heard from somewhere you aren't supposed to use someone else's tarot deck.
Is this true? Any reason why?
Is it alright to use my momthers deck that she gave to me?
Anything wrong with using my dead aunts deck?
>>
I cannot see a good reason why you should not use them. If they were passed to you with good will, and by a family member no less, perhaps they are an ancestral thing. A buddy of mine has a set of tarot cards that have been in his family since the 1500's and his sister is a bone roller and her bone set is from the early 1200's but not continuously in the family. If I rember it right, sometimes the bones or cards pick who they want to go to. Have fun, be safe and read true.
>>
It´s a superstition stemming from Salem times, which said, that you shouldn´ use other´s witches grimoire/ spellbook because energy... cleanse it and you should be fine... however if the tarot was used for more than divination, a spirit can be attached to it in some cases
>>
Practically speaking I can't stand using highly stylized decks as it ruins the symbolism.
>>
>>18869864
Anything that isn't Marseilles also ruins the symbolism so if someone insists on not using it idc which deck they use, you fucked up so fuck up how you want.
>>
File: 11к.jpg (318KB, 742x1422px) Image search: [Google]
11к.jpg
318KB, 742x1422px
>>18869011
i don't think it's that dangerous desu,
a small entity might be attached to the deck (the worker), so it might be an idea to talk to the deck and ask to use it before hand (always speak honestly).
other than that, incense etc. for cleansing and such.
>>18869864
I generally agree with that, but some decks hold a complete meaning, different from originals but complete in there own way.
>>
>>18869918

This should be pinned
>>
Just reconsecrate them.
>>
>>18869011
Reminded me of this episode from Tales from the Darkside.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9M3_y4nya0
>>
>>18869011
Tarot is a tool made by the Egyptians to read themselves, there is nothing like "reading the future" son, also only the 22 main cards have value, the rest are pure bullshit to get $$$
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.