[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are humans preyed on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_0338.jpg (21KB, 443x332px)
IMG_0338.jpg
21KB, 443x332px
>Live in a house near a forest
>One time I walk out to the lake at the centre of the forest at night after arguing with my GF
>See something about 20 metres away
>I say "hi man"
>It turns around and makes a gurgling noise mixed with a dog bark and splutters out the word "follow"
>"follow" it gurgles
>freeze in fear
>suddenly feel extremely hungry
>creature tries to mimic my gf
>"follow for fabdbdjfood" it splurge out
>I run back to the house
>creature makes a noise that sounds like a cat whining this time
>run back to GF
>never speak a word of it
>sometimes I hear the cat whine at night
>went to a shrink, said I was fine.

So are there creatures that have evolved to mimic and tempt humans and prey in them? Would the less advanced ones hide In the forests whilst the more advanced prey on society at large. I'm freaking out right now. I think the creature could have been feeding off the negative energy from my argument with the GF.
>>
>>18860067
It's called a fleshgait, you faggot. Welcome to /x/.
https://youtu.be/rbBX6aEzEz8
>>
>>18860067
That's spooky, famalam. You should try to document it so people believe you. Very interesting. Did you get a good look at it?
>>
>>18860078
I didn't know, it was my first paranormal experience. (Unless you count cat whining sounds that we hear when there's no cats around)
>>
>>18860067
Congrats, you're schizophrenic or possibly just retarded in deluding yourself.
>>
what continent do you live op?

flesgait/bigfoot/dogman/mimics
they have lots of names and live lots of places but seem most endemic to north america
>>
>>18860091
It looked like a caricature of a human hybrid or something.
>>
>>18860103
Colorado (I don't do drugs, unless you count alcohol and the occasional smoke)
>>
>>18860110
And you've never told anyone? Maybe tell your gf
>>
>>18860130
>i dont do drugs
Means shit when we don't know anything about your personal life and personality. Mentally ill people don't need to have a medical record to be insane. Things like these get noticed and put off as real because of neglection.
Does this mean you're mentally ill? No, perhaps you are just full of yourself and naive enough to take everything as what it was. Do you see anecdotes as the entire truth, do you base everything upon your own experience. Do you just believe everything someone tells you, as long as it's countering against the common opinion? How strong are you deluding yourself right now in order to convince yourself it must have been real? To give your life more purpose, to be special in an unfulfilling life?

x is not a place where delusion is the truth. It does not mean everything has to be supernatural. Yes, it is fun to speculate. But it is not the purpose to think of everything as something outerworldly. It's not fun, it's not difficult, it's running away from your problems. As far as I can see, you have problems.
Make yourself useful in other ways, strive to be special. Don't just accept your fate and delusions.
If you go to these length to already excuse your reasons like this, then you are already done.
>>
Does anyone have the green text of the guy that went to explore a canyon by his house and was being stalked by things on the ridge line? He goes home to tell his dad about it and gets really quiet and tells him not to go back. It's pretty relevant to this thread
>>
>>18860157
I'd rather believe my own eyes and ears over what I've read on the internet. I went to a shrink and I was fine. He said because it's a one off incident it isn't enough to constitute a diagnosis.
>>
>>
>>18860067
Sounds, like a demon.
>>
>>18860436
Wendigo?

You a hunter?
>>
>>18860078
Google search is only giving me a horror movie title, and references to RPG monsters that have ether 'flesh' in their name or 'gate' in the description. I'm not finding anything about "Flesh Gate" being a creature of any sort.
>>
>>18860067
>>
>>18860725
A "fleshgait" is an internet-lore supernatural forest critter that seems to try to stalk and lure people by trying (usually badly) to make vocal noises similar to other animals or to human speech. People who believe they've actually seen it often describe it as walking around as if it has constant upper-body spasms. Aside from these characteristics there isn't much consistently known about it; even the fact of whether it stalks humans to predate them as opposed to just mind-screw with them really depends on which tale you're reading.

The name "fleshgait" came from the name "skinwalker", which was an actual traditional folkloric figure - a dude, basically a Navajo "evil" medicine man who as part of his gig wears the skin of various animals in order to magically gain attributes or powers of those animals (such as enhanced speed, or hearing, or strength) for himself. The term has been appropriated as all get out on the internet though, first for werewolves, and then most recently for these critters until somebody decided that probably wasn't a good thing to do, so they coined the term "fleshgait" by using synonyms for "skin" and "walk".
>>
>>18860180
I actually want to read that, so I hope someone here has it
>>
>>18860980
Ah, ok, that makes more sense but it seems like a bad name. Yeah, I heard of Navajo Skinwalkers before, and I'm pretty sure the term wasn't intentionally stolen, the internet lore Skinwalkers concept was a non-human entity who walks around in the skin of it's victims, which is a pretty cool concept in it's own right, though in my opinion even more far fetched.

I am very curious about this mimic creature people are claiming to encounter inawoods. I just really hate the term fleshgait, it sounds so stupid. There must be something in folklore that already matches the description of this humanoid but not quite right creature that mimics people's voices.
>>
>>18860980
>>18861156

Only thing I can find so far is Wendigo.
>>
Real question is how much lead do you dump into them to make them stop?

>>18860755
Goddamn do I hate Greys.
>>
>>18860067
that's actually the scariest greentext ive read

keep it simple

imagine that being a movie, the terror of having to follow the things if you make eye contact or something
>>
>>18861608
The lead of Jesus christ's name
>>
File: 1489765706265.jpg (107KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1489765706265.jpg
107KB, 500x750px
>>18861274

>/x/ still doesn't know fuck all about wendigos and makes dumbass posts equating them to things like in the OP
>>
>>18860067
Oh boy, another skinwalker thread.
>>
>>18860067
Should've followed it, maybe it would've led you to the best burger of your life.
>>
oh look a once in a lifetime opportunity
let me run back home like a giant pussy
>>
>>18861698
>anon still isn't self aware of his own shit posting

Wendigo was the only creature I've found descriptions of so far that predates on humans, is humanoid but can also be described with animalistic features, and can imitate the human voice. I'm trying to find creatures in folklore that have some of the characteristics people are describing. That is not to say this IS a Wendigo, you fucking retard.
>>
>>18861778
look what happened to Steve Austin (the Astronaut not the Wrestler)
or mystic secrets taught to Jughead.
>>
>>18862215
>Steve Austin
The fictional character? Where are you going with this? How is it relevant?
>>
>>18860099
Check 'em
>>
>>18862333
>fictional
oh boy
>>
>>18861156
>>18860980
>>18861274

It's the yee naaldlooshii
Skinwalkers, Dogmen, Nagaul, Dogmen, Fleshgait, Huaychivo, and possibly Goatmen(man?) are all the same type of creature; the yee naaldlooshii. There isn't a "Correct" name for them, all the above work.
There is established, consistent characteristics:
1. Mimics vocal patterns.
2. Rotten or terrible smell.
3. Pale, mottled skin, seems to sag.
4. Animal heads/features.
5. Predatory.

The Yee aren't fake, and the skinwalker/Fleshgait meme is just 4chan picking up on something real and running with it because it's fun.
Don't fuck with Yee. They're demonic humanoid creatures that feed on fear and death. There's a reason people see them in the places they see them, and they're not harmless. Dozens of ancient cultures thought them to be "wizards" or "medicine men" practicing dark magic because they lacked a demonic understanding. Many reports have people firing weapons into them with little to no effect.
The yee naaldlooshii are terrifying.
>>
File: IMG_4483.jpg (690KB, 1891x2630px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4483.jpg
690KB, 1891x2630px
>>18861050
>>18860180
>>
>>18860067
>Are humans preyed on?

Ya mean like democrats?
>>
>>18862379
You're confusing Native American witch doctors with that sick /x/ meme again.
>>
>>18863758
It's all the same thing. You think native american witch doctor's actually changed? No, it was a primitive's culture feeble explanation for something they didn't understand. Like Greeks thinking lightning was Zeus, and the Vikings assuming it was Thor.
Humans have always tried to make explanations.
>>
>>18863925
ignore my phone's failure to pluralize anything correctly.
>>
>>18862379
Never heard of this yee thing mentioned before amywhere
>>
>>18863956
Just do a quick google search. It'll lead you to the page about Skinwalkers.
Skin Walkers and everything else on that list are one in the same.
>>
>>18860067
Heheh

they did not evolve to hunt us

they just like to
>>
File: jughead.jpg (97KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jughead.jpg
97KB, 1280x720px
>>18862215
>mystic secrets taught to Jughead
>>
Skinwalker or fleshgait ez
>>
>>18860067
Sorry bro didnt meant to scare you, i just had a serious case of the midnight munchies
>>
>>18860078
Sounds more like an inexperienced goatman.
>>
Seems like it was a wendigo seeking to possess you. It is good that you broke free of it otherwise you would have become a cannibalistic murderous madman
>>
>>18863956
there is some footage available in youtube where you can see kinda how they look like and hear their mimicking (the scariest thing IMO)

https://youtu.be/q6EoRBvdVPQ
>>
>>18862348
No u
>>
>>18866186
That's terrifying
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.