[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tao general #3

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: Icesimplyice.jpg (160KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Icesimplyice.jpg
160KB, 900x506px
This thread is for the discussion of Taoism, Qigong, meditation or whatever you feel like discussing.

Any other discussion about any religion (christianism, Buddhism, Hinduism ...) also welcome, but let's focus about Taoism please.

Hope to see you again, anons from previous threads, I' ve been through a lot and couldn't start any threads for a few weeks.
>>
>>18858317
Op here, The post will start whenever someone wants to discuss, ask or give his opinion on anything. Everyone is welcome my friends
>>
Wtf is Taoism
>>
Pls give me a rundown, and how is zazen involved in this?
>>
How do you meditate? I'd like to improve my spiritual health. Have a stronger moral base. I want to focus more on my inner self but I don't think I know the trick. What do you meditate on? The things you did that day, or the things you're doing tomorrow?

I lay down and place a cloth over my eyes. Then I just lay there awake and feel energy moving about my body. I think it starts in my upper back, and it's like a chill that goes down my spine not up. I control my breathing, and allow my mind to wander. Often I find myself pondering the mistakes I made yesterday or I'll dream about living a life of luxury.

Meditation advice?
>>
>>18859167
By Zazen do you mean any form of meditation? or only Zen meditation.

Eitherway they are related to taoism in may ways, the only difference being the goal for maditation.

What do you mean anon?
>>
>>18859174
Well, first of, I should say I haven't even achieved true meditation (this requires years of practice), second, there are many ways to meditate, tricks or routines that help you achieve a goal (the goal changes in Taoism, Buddhism, Zen etc.).
For what you told me, it would be impossible for me to meditate the way you're doing it, but as I said, everyone is different.

For what I understand of meditation, you need to achieve the ''non thinking'' wich is the opposite of what you're doing, if you think on what you did that day, your mistakes etc, you're rooting your thoughts to the secondary world wich is the social world, and forgetting the primal world wich is your inner self. Try not to think on those kind of things (wich are in fact artificial to some extent) and focus on the very basics of your existence. This is: Essence, Energy and Spirit. or in other words, Body, Breath and Mind (in this order). Focus on your breething and your heartbeat, when you've mastered this (wich is nt easy) your mind is free of artificial thougts, this will let you pass to the next level, Spirit, or, Mind.
You will see your thoughts in a different way, they will pass through and then vanish without you needing to ''solve'' these riddles that your mind is playing on you (our minds are little monkeys that don't like to sit around).
These Monkey are what we call Ego, and once you master meditation, you will have calmed them down, ad your Ego will be no more.
When you meditate, if you focus on your thoughts like you do, you are letting your Ego take control, and therefore, you can't achieve the true transcendence of meditation. You will stay at the first level, wich at the most could be, feeling a tingle and feeling relaxed.

For your question I would say, no, I don't focus on wht I'm doing today or tomorrow, I focus on what I do everyday without being conscious about it, Breathing, Heartbeat, and Energy Flow.
1/?
>>
How do I gain all the qing I lost
>>
>>18859174
Once you've mastered these three things, you can move to the mind, and not the other way round like you do.

The trick is to control the energy you create, and if you do, thinking about every day stuff will be done during the day in a much faster and comfortable way.

So for an advice, what work for me is:
-Sit down, put some earplugs (I live in a big city :( ) find comfortabe position (lotus, half-lotus, standing, lying down, etc.) and start breathing with your belly-diafragma (not with your chest like we always do)

If you don't kow how to breathe properly with your belly, the first steps of meditation will be rather easy for you, because you will have something to focus on.

After a few months you will see the results, so you can move along to heartbeat and energy, focus on your qi points and how it flows though your body.

After this you won't need my advice, because you will see the path opened in front of you, therefore, you won't need anyone but yourself.

http://1stholistic.com/Meditation/hol_meditation_taoist_meditation.htm
Check this, Its quite good for begginers
>>
>>18859174
I had a few trick when I first started to meditate qigong.

-Imagine the air you inspire is painted in a coulour, and the one you expire is a different one (for me it was yellow in, purple out) this will keep the monkey in your head more still and focused.

-Imagine you have an eye on your forehead, but this eye breathes lie your nostrils, truly imagine you feel te air going in and out, and you will definetlty feel this energy inside your head, I can assure you, like you will feel wind in your brain getting in and out.

-Stare at a wall, mandala or whatever you feel like, this will keep you focused on what you're doing, wich is breathing

I would'n put anything on my face, because it bocks the air and the energy from flowing.
Find the posture you feel more comfortable with (in my case it's the lotus), and be carefull not to fall asleep if you lay down hahaha.

Keep in mind, that i'm not a master, so my words aren't a dogma (nor are the masters'). Explore yourself and you will find yourself.

Good luck anon :)

3/3
>>
>>18859295
Practice.

The Qi we have in our bodies isn't really ours so to speak. It's a Universal qi, flowing all around us, and available to us. Therefore if you ''lose'' it, you can re-gain it if you cultivate yourself.

Wat I think is, you didn't really loose it, but rather, you didn't re-gain what you lost.

Like a supermarket that does't replenish it's products, you didn't replenish your qi (silly comparison I know)
>>
>>18859191
I want to know how zen meditation works, but how is zen related? I am just starting so forgive my curiosity.
>>
I'm pretty sure Taoism is just glorified nihilism. There's nothing wrong with that, but it almost definitely is. Taoist would say: don't ask the question, there is no answer. Nihilist would say: There is no answer, don't ask the question. Know what I mean? Anyone else get that feeing?
>>
>>18859684
Well, I'm not that much into Buddhist or Japanese Zen, but I'm pretty sure it is the same word as Tao in many ways. It is a word to describe what has no name (like trying to describe what cinnamon tastes like to somene who hasn't tried it before) You can describe it vaguely, but it is something you have to feel because it's far away from rational comunication.

For Tao, I could tell you why it has to do with meditation somehow. Tao (or Dao) means the way, the path, how everything works. It's the never ending loop of Everything. The main goal of Taoists is to merge with this natural system, to learn how to fuse body and mind with it.

To achieve this, there are a few things on where they focus, like diet, sex, meditation, and many other mental processes of everyday life.
But as for meditation, it is exactly that, concentrating the mind on the energy (breath, heart and mind) thinking about ''nothing'' (or so we think). By having the mind free of all ''artificial'' thought, you vanish your ego, and finding the Path at this moment. Because as the Tao Te King says,
>the Tao that can be named is not the real Tao
>when you try to llisten Tao, you will not hear it
>when you look at Tao, you will not see it

The thing is that when you find Tao, you merge with Everything (this is merging with yourself too) that's why meditation is important

What I alwasy kept in mind while starting on Tao is that these are very relative, symbolic words, and not a Dogma or the true Truth.

Again I'm not a master, and haven't experienced true transcendence. But I can assure you, you will see what I mean with some time.

Good luck
>>
>>18858317
Why do people hate nothing ? I think nothing all day. I get slammed regulerly for or by virtually everyone with any awareness of their minds abilities.
>>
>>18859342
Qi is magnetism, everything about it is scientific.
>>
Thanks for the meditation advice OP. I'm going to practice and next time a thread like this comes around I'd like to have a deeper dialogue with you.
>>
>>18861444
yes, that's true, but it is very well possible to not atract enough qi (although we never ''run out'' of it) but we can train to be more suitable to qi atraction
>>
>>18860073
well, I think it's for the same reason they hate Infinite everything, because they can't picture it.

People find nothingness as something boring where there's nothing to do, when in fact if you live in nothingness you could find true happiness.

Although I wouldn't like it, because i find that feeling numb is one of the worst feelings (very much associated with depression but not the same). I think we are human beings and we should enjoy material things as well. The problem is when materialism onl applies to manufactured thigs and products, rather than the veryy basics of our existance. Loving the earth, the air, animals etc, is in actually materialism, and therefore, i would consider myself to be a materialist (even if I reject many things too)
>>
>>18861687
not a problem anon :)

I usually make one every week or so.
I'll be waiting for it

Good luck
>>
>>18858317
Can qigong ruin your sexual function?

It happen to me :(
>>
>>18862512
how did it happen?

What i've heard is, if you practice qigong but forget to practice it during sexual intercourse it can indeed ruin it.
proper breathing isn't something you should do only when meditating, but all the time, including sex.
>>
File: 1471372563033[1].png (12KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1471372563033[1].png
12KB, 205x246px
>>18862546
>impromptu kundalini awakening in December
>Go godmode, also go a little crazy
>libido on maximum
>it's causing me issues
>consciously try to lower energy and libido
>last week comes
>libido seems to have disappeared, dick no longer hard, no morning woods

It's a bit worrying
>>
>>18862556
whatt issues did maximum libido cause?
>>
The best Daoist teacher I know is Bruce Kumar Frantzis. Picked up "Openong the Energy Gates of Your Body" and it was phenomenal.

I am friends with people close to him. Dude has had a crazy life, and seen some real shit. His marketing team kind of sucks, and only appeals to the new age health crowd. His seminars are pricey as fuck but apparently he'll go on red piled truth tangents that get edited out in all his product videos.
>>
>>18862563
constant horniness and want for sex

sexual attention from people i did not want attention from, kind of put me off a lot actually

jealousy from friends and family
>>
>>18859747
I think that the thing about Taoism is it's really a guideline for how a sage should live. Not a commoner, a sage.

The teachings mostly don't apply unless you're really living that life.
>>
>>18861444
>Qi is magnetism, everything about it is scientific.
>>18862488
>yes, that's true

this is just plain uneducated thinking. people hear the term electromagnetic radiation and assume magnets, but EMR is not electromagnetism, it is light, it is the base of the universe,every thing from radio waves to gamma-wave radiation is EMR.

your energy energy or qi as you call it is the force produced by the intensity of your EMR, for inanimate objects this is present as gravity(the difference in potential of two sources of EMR) and no i am not saying qi is gravity, just that in inanimate objects such as suns and planets it is present as gravity due to their inability to shape their energy, it forms as the equal and opposite to their existence.

i am a martial artist, and i am contently strong enough to feel a change in air pressure around me when i focus all my energy as well as disrupt broadcast signals
>>
File: 1491093626487.png (153KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
1491093626487.png
153KB, 500x339px
>>18865071
Is martial arts the only path for one to truly hone/control these energies? I'm currently spontaneously experiencing the things (problems, such as changing atmosphere and sending disruptive signals) you say, among other things.
Thank you.
>>
>>18865106
no, not at all, its just my father did martial arts for a long time when he was younger, he taught me alot when i was a child and ive just loved training all my life, ive done quite a few different styles, but was disappointed by alot of them. the style i trained in longest taught alot of breathing exercises and body control techniques.
>long story short, its the discipline that is important but you must also train your body to handle the increase energy expenditure, or you will likely make yourself very sick, and or kill yourself
>>
>>18865071
One such view that strikes upon much to ponder. Tell me, friend, about your quest within your path of martial arts?

For everyone, their path of understanding reflects most brightest as to withdraw physically and seek insight from within. Martial arts is a dance, much like many of our actons. Just as Bruce Lee has stated, much like any other revolutionary character before, every person carves their own path, for that is the drive and motivation behind the solidarity behind JKD.
>>
>>18865373
i only wish to be strong enough to help everyone, there is so much needless struggle and pain in this world, i've never felt my life is my own, but that of all who are in need. my greatest feat to date is healing a dog that was on the brink of death from a paralysis tick, and this made me very ill for months, to the point my father jokingly said once "you become mortal again" because i very seldom got sick. at this point i realized just how much stronger i would need to be to effectively help anyone other than myself, and that i must train harder, find new way to push myself, but still i find myself to weak to make a real difference, this world has take power away from the actions and put it into currency.
and the further down my path i go the further from society i get, what i do, what i can do is taboo so i don't much speak of it.
also more recently with the community here on /x/ i have found i can help others by simply sharing my knowledge, so that they may easier find their path
>>
>>18866396
op here
interesting anecdote anon, i hope you truly mean you want to help others with your wisdom, wich means a lot of bearing and sacrifice as well.

If you might, there are qestions that have been around my head for years now, maybe you could give me some advice. I'll just state some here, hopefully you'll be able to helpe me :)

-How does one keep a clear tate of mind at all times?(social relations, events, drugs, the weather... can change the way I see myself radicaly, wich sometimes leads me to procastination)

-How does one maintain a routine/discipline? (meditation, sport, friends, work etc.)

-what is the first step to change one's mind to the better? (ie, whats the first step of the Path, what should I thin of the future, what routine do you recomend?)

- finally, a more abstract question, Where do we find happiness?

theese might be a bit dull, but I hope you can help me somehow.

thanks in advance
>>
>>18866396
>what i can do is taboo so i don't much speak of it.
Tell us now then, there wont be any taboos here anon:)
>>
File: 4236460-japan.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
4236460-japan.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
Where to store energy?

Is it dangerous to store energy in the balls?

Where would one store it then?
>>
>Son of Samael assumes I'm picking books on chinese stuff because I'm switching religions.

Well, I'm not, I'm picking them up for health reasons.
>>
>>18866672
>-How does one keep a clear tate of mind at all times?
there is no one way about this, only you can figure out how to quiet your mind, as only you know your thoughts and your mind. but in saying this, its not so much about keeping a clear mind, but allowing distractions to pass though your mind unrestrained by active thought, distractions will fade away as fast as they appear if you just let them be.
>-How does one maintain a routine/discipline?
different for different people. we all have our own vices, and im not going to claim to be perfect, but the greatest bit of advice i have in this is limit your vices, don't necessarily cut them out completely to start off with, sometimes this can be worse for you that your vices. and always remember why you train and whats at stake if you fail.
>-what is the first step to change one's mind to the better?
start observing, and stop looking. when you see the world for what it is, a habitat for us to prosper, you will come to realize how ridiculous notions like ownership become, and how little it means outside of human culture, and how detrimental it is to our progression.
> finally, a more abstract question, Where do we find happiness?
only from within. we may seek material stimuli to excite certain emotions, but in the end, emotions stem from within, and are a choice. when you can feel your energy, it changes with emotion(infact i would nearly call the sensations your emotions give your your energy) you just have to learn to let go of everything, even love (wich is hard, and i can't say i can completely) although i can actively influence my emotions, happiness is hard to achieve at times. i find myself rather indifferent most of the time neither happy nor sad, just existent
>>18866677
>Tell us now then, there wont be any taboos here anon:)
i'll give some info on what im actually capable of after this post
>>18866982
>Where would one store it then?
dan-tian
>>
>>18858317
Does anyone know of any good youtube channels discussing qi-gong and other energy manipulation? There used to be a sizeable qi-gong community on youtube back in the day, but it seems like everybody just disappeared around 2010 or so.
>>
>>18866677
>Tell us now then, there wont be any taboos here anon:)
I'll start by saying my path gets rocky at times, just as any other. As a young child i could feel my energy, and use it for augmenting my strength and speed, at the time i just took it as something natural, as its something i wasn't taught about, i just thought everyone had access to this 'inner strength' and as i got older going through school i all but forgot about it.untill i got into my early teens and had actually started training as hard as i could(was a running joke i was on steroids i was that strong without ever touching gym equipment)
>cont
>>
>>18867993
>cont
also at this time i discovered alcohol, and when drunk my energy acted very erotically, to the point i was having drinks at a mates we were watching some video on YouTube and for what ever reason i pointed at the screen and it froze my mate said something like "don't do the again" and jokingly i said "wouldn't it be funny if it happened again" and as i said again i pointed and it stopped.(he was running on a wireless network). after that i started training with a flame, try to effect it in any way with my energy, as i figured fire is the most malleable element, and would easily show result even from the smallest amount of energy, after about a year of training like that i was able to double the size of any small flame at any distance. shortly after a darker side of me shown its self, and i was nearly consumed by it, and with it come an ability that put me on par with a demon(i'm not going to go into specifics as i am not proud of it to say the least, and at times i still struggle to restrain it, so please don't ask) after discovering this side of me, i come across a saying "there is a fight going on within us all, between a black wolf and a white wolf, and the one you feed most will win" which led ,e to seek a lighter path, so i decided to learn the practice of Reki, which eventually leads to my story of the dog with the paralysis tick, that was 3-4 years ago now. in the last few years i have begun to practice martial arts seriously again, as i have not really found a limit to what i can use my energy for, only limited supply of energy
>>
File: promoimage_02.jpg (327KB, 1341x1344px) Image search: [Google]
promoimage_02.jpg
327KB, 1341x1344px
Post the chinese magic already
>>
File: 1219236114shonuff.jpg (15KB, 333x290px) Image search: [Google]
1219236114shonuff.jpg
15KB, 333x290px
>>18862556

You just unblocked one of the gates.. the libido drop could come from your energy blockage moving up. There is no one answer on how to unblock everything.. start experimenting with your diet, exercise routine, self massage, yoga, reading, qi gong practice. It is imprtant to find a balance in all these, and in your life.
>>
Redpill me on qi gong vs nei gong
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.