[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange loud ringing/buzzing noise coming from nowhere

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

I was alone and walking out late, probably about 11 or 12 o'clock, when I heard this strange unexplainable ringing noise. It didn't start off as much but it got very very loud very quickly. Literally had hands over ears. It didn't last long only about 30 seconds or so then just instantly stopped. I've had that sort of ringing in my ears before, Yknow when your home alone or whatever and you can hear a faint ring, but never to that volume before.

Needless to say I walked home pretty quickly

Wondering if anyone has had any similar experiences or offer possible explanations?
>>
>>18858299
did it go away when you covered up your ears? if not it was probably just some kind of dizzy spell. happens to me sometimes, nothing paranormal about it
>>
>>18858427
No it remained when I covered my ears. Could've been a dizzy spell I guess but I was completely lucid. No loss of balance either.
>>
Read this OP:

https://www.ata.org/understanding-facts
>>
>>18858299
yeah, its called 'having high blood pressure' you literal retard
>>
>>18858299
I sometimes hear a loud diesel engine type hum deep in the night. Its a common phenomenon in my city and remains unexplained. Once I was lying in bed hearing it in the distance when I noticed it was getting louder until I could hear it move into my courtyard. It was pitch black and my courtyard is very large with trees and bushes everywhere, but I saw a figure in the dark. He had a strange tool with two lights on it that he was using in a sweeping motion on the floor, almost as if he was vacuum cleaning. CouldnĀ“t really make out anything because I could only see his silhouette when it moved infront of a lantern, but he periodically went to a bench where he placed the object I believe creates the hum, which was seperate from his weird broom tool. I cannot explain this strange behavior, maybe it was a crazy person who was actually vacuum cleaning outside or someone has an elaborate way of hiding drugs. Was still pretty creepy
>>
>>18858299
I've heard that ringing means you switched timelines somehow.
>>
>>18858299
Gonna go with "probably tinnitus"
>>
are you talking about "the hum" or something else?
>>
something similar happened to me yesterday
It was 5:24 am, I know because I checked my phone

A strange woman like robotic voice sounded in my living room. Like GLaDOS or Siri type of sound. I couldn't understand what it said but I know I hear it. After 4 or 5 times I said fuck it and went outside my room. Thought it was something in the hallway or the apartment above me. When I step out my room I hear the same voice, it said "goodbye" I know it said that, It was the only thing I could understand. I said fuck it and went to my dad's room

I'm 20 y/o and that shit scared the fuck out of me
>>
File: 1469120126716.gif (2MB, 320x213px) Image search: [Google]
1469120126716.gif
2MB, 320x213px
>>18858299
I have this issue too OP. It comes from time to time, usually at night and lasts for about 10-15 seconds. I've pretty much gotten used to it.
It sounds like one of those concussion grenades from games, right?
>>
>>18858299
You took too much amphetamines. You start hearing a weird background sound after staying awake for 48 hours or so.
>>
>>18859472
Stop using speed. Stick to cannabis and psychedelics.
>>
wrap a hat in tinfoil and put it on your head. not even joking. its some kind of farraday cage thing
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exploding_head_syndrome
>Exploding head syndrome (EHS) is a benign condition in which a person hears loud imagined noises (such as a bomb exploding, a gunshot, or a cymbal crash) or experiences an explosive feeling when falling asleep or waking up.[1][2][3] These noises have a sudden onset, are typically brief in duration, and are often jarring for the person.[1] Neither the cause nor the mechanism is known.[4]
>>
It's an angel, Dean. You might not remember this, but they laid siege to Hell and resurrected you. You must find your brother, and you must stop him.
>>
Do you people know what a compressor is? Either the effects pedal or the audio effect used in recording and radio etc? Well, if not it's a tool that basically makes the quiet sounds louder. On occasion as I fall asleep I swear there is an audio effect I get where I could literally hear a pin drop on the other side of the house for just a brief second or two just as I drift off to sleep. Not sure if anyone has experienced anything similar?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.