[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Feeling of Expanding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: form.jpg (3KB, 170x186px) Image search: [Google]
form.jpg
3KB, 170x186px
Once in awhile, since I was a kid, I've had an odd sensation of my whole body expanding to a large form. It's hard to explain. When it has happened, it's been when I'm relaxing in bed with eyes closed. There's also an uneasiness to it. Has anyone had this experience.
>>
>>18852311
When I was in high school, there was a chick in one of be classes that did this. She would enter into these retarded fits, and scream about how her body was growing. I think you're both autists, OP. Be a responsible person and an hero before somebody catches the tard from you.
>>
>>18852311
Only when I do drugs. I had a weird thought once during a mushroom trip, trying to think about how the universe was expanding in every direction at once and so we would all be basically growing larger all the time, but since everything stays proportional, we were never really aware of it. For some reason that thought has stayed with me throughout the years.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (19KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
19KB, 500x414px
>>18852366
Feels more like consciousness than mass. But I can't confirm not autist. Dammit.
>>
I know what you mean...I think.

I made a thread a few years back about the same thing, people seemed to misunderstand what I was saying...probably because I couldn't explain it properly either.

It happens when I'm relaxing too, things just feel 'bigger', it may be my thumb, my head, but everytime I do feel it I also think of massive 3d shapes bouncing off of walls, they're often colourful and in the sky.

It is honestly a really cool feeling, and every single time I make myself remember how I got into the state I am in, but I always forget how.
>>
>>18853350
To add onto this, it's often a feeling of something being bigger than it actually is, if that makes any sense to you.
>>
The only thing similar I can think of is when I'm relaxed it's like a wave of human tissue being squeezed into a specific body part/s like a tube of toothpaste.
>>
OP, you can't just leave us fucking hanging you cunt. Either respond to us and give us closure on whether the things we experience are similar, or tell us you've fucked off. Pleb
>>
>>18852311

i used to have this nightmare too. I would expand and and expand and sometimes crush things or people when I didn't want to. One time i had a dream where I gave birth to a son (it looked like the thing from Eraserhead but i was too young to have seen the movie) and crushed him. It was horrifying. I still have this dream sometimes.
>>
>>18853472
they're not dreams.
>>
So is this the basis of inflation fetishes or?
>>
>>18852311
You know the black thing from 2001 space odyssey? When I have been like half-asleep, half-awake, I have felt myself turn something like that, just floating in nothingness, and feeling myself infinitely big, and then again infinitely small. And that has felt extremely odd, especially because there was nothing to reference the size at all, but still, it always ended me - or the "thing"-which was me - suddenly expanding like explosion, like supernova or something. Then nothing.
Pure nothingness.
>>
>>18853495
Now that I think of it, it was sometimes more like a cylinderical object (the "me"), like a battery or smthg.
It was me, but I still looked at it from outside.
>>
>>18853491
Exactly what I was wondering
>>
>>18853358
OP here. Yes what you mention is the similar feeling. I too try to recall or hold onto the thought or vision of what brought on the weird sensation but I later can't remember. It's like some mystery that nudges.
>>
>>18852311
OP, try googling "Alice in Wonderland syndrome" and see if that matches what you're talking about
>>
>>18853502
Are we experiencing our ethereal bodies connecting with the Universe? It's like in mind relaxation we get glimpses of Truth or a consciousness is communicating through visuals.
>>
>>18853545
Something like that, maybe...
But you know, this and other things too have faded, and my imagination and wit are loosing their edge too.. and I'm afraid of this.
(for I think these things are connected)
>>
File: nsmb.jpg (86KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
nsmb.jpg
86KB, 980x490px
>>18852311
Not sure if it's the same thing, but I think I might know what you're on about.

It sounds like this thing that also happens to me when I'm in bed too.

It sounds really stupid and nonsensical, but the first time it happened, I was randomly thinking about Super Mario eating a mushroom and growing bigger, and something about the scenery becoming so much smaller in contrast gave me the weirdest, most uncomfortable feeling of my life.

I can induce this feeling at will, but I'd rather not. It's like I'm falling and my head is about to smash on concrete.

> I don't have autism, before you ask

Maybe it's some kind of accidental self-induced disorientation?
>>
>>18853536
this, had it when I got sick. I felt like becoming large like the universe, and then small as an ant.
>>
>>18853536
Well that is creepy. Sounds like it but none of the causes exactly. I would be freaked out if the symptoms happened with open eyes.
>>
>>18853606
you are now aware that your monitor looks extremely small.
>>
Id compare what im thinking of to feeling swollen or puffy. Eyes closed. Relaxting. Just envision blowing up like a balloon
>>
>>18852311
I've had the same thing I think OP, usually with my head or fingers and always in bed. Haven't had it for years though.
>>
kids usually grow.
>>
>>18853670
you dense cunt.
>>
I don't have such recurrent thoughts but back when I was laying down and entered a state of half-sleepy half-awake, I saw myself as a composite steel bar (no drugs) that could attach my extremities in any direction by expanding as long as I wanted. When I came back to myself all my limbs were numb. Never happened before, at most 2 limbs would go numb when sleeping funny but not 4. And this happened in < 1 min.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_in_Wonderland_syndrome
>>
>>18853536
I do recall hearing lots of reports of this happening to people in childhood. It was usually when they were sick which makes me wonder if it wasn't, in those cases at least, caused by DXM or DPH, which are psychoactive drugs commonly found in cold medicines and sleep aids.

I recall DXM has a nasty side reaction with histamine in lots of people that causes itching all over someone's body, so pairing it with an antihistamine drug like DPH would be a fairly logical idea even if you didn't want the sleep aid effects of the DPH. Although that typically occurs from higher, recreational doses of DXM, not in the lower, medicinal doses. But children's bodies do react differently than adults bodies when it comes to medications and such. And I'm sure lazy parents wouldn't mind the fact that it knocks the kid out as well so they wouldn't have to deal with all the unpleasantness of caring for a sick kid (not that I'm defending shitty parenting like that, just saying I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it happens fairly often).

But, not having personally taken either of those drugs for recreational purposes, I don't really know if this "Alice in Wonderland syndrome" actually is caused, at least partially and in lots of children's cases, as a reaction to those chemicals. Seems like a fairly solid theory to me at least considering the wiki specifically mentions that certain drugs can cause that side effect, although unfortunately they fail to mention which ones exactly.
>>
>>18853871
Can confirm my first memory of something like this happening was during an illness. I think it was a fever, and kept imagining numbers and shapes were bouncing off the walls, and feeling these numbers and shapes were somehow much bigger than they are as they floated, and then it went to my limbs and head.

Very weird that so many people seem to say a fever of some kind kick started the experiences.
>>
>>18853880
Yeah, that's why I'm leaning towards it being caused at least sometimes by the medications.

Although, a rather more humorous explanation might be that it's actually just because they saw the girl in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory getting inflated to a giant purple/blue ball that gets rolled away.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (126KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
126KB, 443x332px
>>18852311
I experience something similar when i'm stressed usually when half asleed. My upper body feels like pic related
>>
>>18853880
also had it when I got fever
>>
>>18852311
op... i know exactly what you're talking about even from your vague description, haven't experienced it since i was a kid.
>>
File: tumblr_muh0y7luD71r9rffqo1_400.gif (658KB, 400x219px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_muh0y7luD71r9rffqo1_400.gif
658KB, 400x219px
>>18852311
Hey op, i know what you mean,
I experience it when ever I'm sick with flu or some shit, when i lie on bed & close my eyes it feels like I'm physically expanding, weird shit, but then I've always been weird.
>>
>>18853350
Wow I've experienced exactly this. Still do sometimes, but it happened more often when I was a kid (10-14 maybe, I'm 27 now). It's tough to describe the sensation but this is it. Especially the feeling of your thumb expanding

Wild, never thought I'd see other people experiencing this
>>
>>18853716
>
>>
>>18852311
>odd sensation of my whole body expanding
I've had the sensation of just my head expanding.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.