[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beholding the power of prayer... anybody have any miracles to report?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: st. anthony.jpg (266KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
st. anthony.jpg
266KB, 531x800px
Prayer has been a staple of human culture and religion for as long as we can all remember.

I've only had prayers save me in times of great strife, such as the time I was spinning out on I-75 in the rain at 65mph. we spun three times and some car should have hit us, or I should've broken some part of my body or worse. Somehow all I did was hit my head and we slammed into a guard rail. all I could do was pray and say, "this is what happens. this is how it is to be. I love you God please keep me safe like you have" (adlibbed thoughts from a major near-death experience). I somehow was physically safeguarded (albeit suffering the worst headache of my life in days following).

this isn't about me though. I would like to hear some of your encounters with prayer, especially confirmation that the prayer has been answered and fulfilled. there is no limit in this thread about what religion you were/are a part of when you chose to pray.
>>
Anytime in history a prayer was answered or a supernatural event has occurred, it was not from the Biblical God or Jesus Christ, it was a miracle from a Godlike being who is not a fairy tale based on a religious book, a being who may not be good at all.
>>
>>18850549
please go on and/or explain this passage you've written
>>
>>18850542
Stephen?
>>
>>18850542
Praying is what the devil wants you to do.
>>
File: 4827505-drmanhattan.jpg (109KB, 549x640px) Image search: [Google]
4827505-drmanhattan.jpg
109KB, 549x640px
Miracles by definition are meaningless...Only what can happen will happen.
>>
I have a few actually. They all have to do with birthing babies, or praying to have a child's life be spared. Some would not be interested in those sort of tales. But I will say this, I was an Atheist until I saw God. Now I believe. Faith is a gift not bequeathed upon everyone.
>>
I have a few actually. They all have to do with birthing babies, or praying to have a child's life be spared. Some would not be interested in those sort of tales. But I will say this, I was an Atheist until I saw God. Now I believe. Faith is a gift not bequeathed upon everyone. BTW St. Anthony of Padua is my favorite saint. I called upon him and he delivered on my two NDE's.
>>
>>18851468
yo who this
>>
>>18851977
I would very much like to know more about calling on St. Anthony of Padua for NDEs
>>
>>18852022
Long Story. Try to make it short. Went to a funeral in a different state than my own. Start having contractions. Being 7 months pregnant at the time, I knew it wasn't good. Went to the hospital. They tell me that my blood pressure was 180/110 and that my baby was a pound and a half under normal weight. They refuse to give me any medicine and tell me that they are prepping the delivery room. They tell my husband to make a decision which life to save; mine or the baby's. They tell him to not tell me the situation. They think I'm about to stroke out. He tells me anyways. I beg them to wait until the morning to do the surgery. The doctor complies. In the meantime; I call my friend back at home that is a nurse and another friend thats a paramedic, and I plan my escape from that damn hospital. If I was to have my baby, one way or the other, I wanted to be at my hospital near home. I had a birth plan. That crazy place wasn't part of it.
>>
>>18850542
I have prayed lots of times, and I never got an answer. No voice from God, no visions, nothing.

Oh well.
>>
That night, after setting up the plan for my friends and husband to break me out of the hospital, I did a lot of praying. I was hooked up to a ventilator, monitor, and IV's a plenty all over my arms. I was was scared and I begged God to save my baby and me. I asked St. Anthony to pray for me because he is the patron saint of miracles. I needed a miracle more than anything. I felt a presence in my hospital room. I didn't see anything, but something told me that it was all going to be OK. It was safe to sleep and I should stop worrying. I finally felt a seance of peace. The next morning, the doctor comes in and tells me that it was illegal for me to leave the hospital in my state. I was jeopordizing myself and the baby.
>>
File: 1490562264370.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490562264370.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
I used to mildly do occult and pagan things, involved with divination and spirits, and even satanism. I started to get creeped out by it and thought I was wrong and I wanted to stop such things and never read anything about it online at all again.

I went to a church and prayed, and I asked/promosed to God that I never wanted to read such material again.

Later that night on my PC playing games I had the huge urge to visit an occult website. Eventually I clicked up the page, reasoning that if I go to the page its fine, I promised God I wouldnt read the page. I brought up the site. After several moments I began to read, barely the second word in and my computer suddenly broke, the screen went black and froze, the shooting game I had minimized the sound returned in the headphones and it was looping someone in voice chat saying "Im going to kill you" over and over fast. Super creepy. I felt God kept my promise.

My mind was still under the spell of the occult and spirit forces. 3 days later I went to a church for a refresher, I thought Id go once, not taking it too seriously. I went into the confessional and confessed 5 years of spiritual rebellion. The priest, a Ugandan, muttered something about possession and grabbed a giant crucifex off the wall behind me. He had me read the act of contrition, I was literally laughing out loud, thinking how foolish he is to take this so seriously. In the middle of reading it my head was compelled up from the paper with the prayer and I made eye contact with him. I felt a force emanating from the crucifex as he pushed it forward and I felt something leave out the back of my head.

For months my head would shake lightly back and forth, especially as I did tarot readings. My head shaking was gone. My interest in the occult died immediately. I felt happy and alive like never before. Praise be to God.
>>
>>18850542
Prayer really does work. I prayed for hemorrhagic pestilence to claim many lives in Africa and it was answered. I also prayed for 9/11. Thanks god!
>>
She ordered a helicopter to move me to one of the best high risk hospitals in the state, almost 300 miles away. It was halfway to home. I agreed. The helicopter was a crazy experience on its own. I kept asking St. Anthony to pray for me. I rode for two hours or more and landed ontop of this skyscraper hospital. They rushed me inside. They monitored me and my baby and did labs. The very next morning, the doctor comes in and asks me if I could find a ride home. He couldnt find anything wrong with my baby. He said that the 3 ultrasounds that the previous hospital took must've been read wrong. Read wrong by two other doctors. I did have gestational hypertension and needed bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. But he didn't see any reason why I couldn't go home. You see, I came within a hair of having my womb be carved like a pumpkin and loosing me or my child's like. Someone told me (St. Anthony?) to be quiet and still. They told me that it was going to be ok. And it was. If that's not a miracle, I don't know what is.
>>
File: 1491235703560.png (371KB, 832x868px) Image search: [Google]
1491235703560.png
371KB, 832x868px
Continued from above. I was a good Christian for several months, then I started reading odd things and questioning things. I often felt the static electricity feeling of spirits around. As my faith was corrupted into something else, something entered me, partly me willing it somehow thinking it was some good spirit guide and now Im possessed full on. If I let it my entire body will move on its own in jerking movements, and I can speak to it with my body. Like right hand movement is yes, left no, both maybe. I test it as John's epistle in the New Testament says, ask a spirit if Jesus Christ came in the flesh, if it says no its not from God. It always says no.

That Catholic priest was moved, his replacement doesnt believe in demons. Most Catholic priests legit get angry at my story and deny that spirits can really do such things. I found one that prayed from a minor exorcism book over me, and did one official test if Im possessed that involves putting a stole around my head. My body jerked once. My problem didnt improve, and he had trouble believing or going further.

I found one who believed me and even assembled a prayer team and had a few sessions but I was already making plans to move back home. Home area is filled with priests who deny demons.

Ive gotten help with local protestants who cast out demons and gotten mild improvement. I saw on the Catholic channel a few days ago someone said the formal right of exorcism takes 2 years on average of weekly sessions to remove something. The same guy said almost all possessions end with the virgin Mary appearing and saying its over.

Meanwhile the protestant exorcists say prayers to Mary go to a demon, a principality, mentioned in the Old Testament that went by the title of queen of heaven, as recent Catholic dogma refers to Mary by the same title. They have cast demons out of people. Basically Christianity is a mess, and if you get anything like an exorcism they return stronger as mentioned in Matthew.
>>
When I was going into middle school I prayed to God asking him to prove his existence to me and give me locker number C1111 and that shit fucking happened guys. I kind of still can't believe it.
>>
>>18850549
Hmmm should I trust the words of some anon or a prophet who's benevolent actions are still remembered 2,000 years later
>>
I went on a hitchiking trip around US. When I was in Las Vegas i offered a coin to Aphrodite and asked for the trip to "go beautifully"

The rest of the trip i got compliments on my looks. and the next day the loser with us got arrested. I still thank the goddess of beauty for things most every day
>>
"Jesus saves muh babby and me" sounds like a bullshit way of saying "I did things to help my own situation and got lucky".
>>
>>18851960
interesting you said that. when i was a kid i was the youngest and my older brothers ignored me so I prayed and prayed for a little sister and almost immediately my mom got pregnant(in her mid 40s!)
>>
I saw a demon once and prayed in Jesus name that it be banished. It works every time. Proof enough for me
>>
>>18850542
>a being who may not be good at all.
why do people assume god HAS to only be good
if you are the cause of all that exists, that includes good AND EVIL, god is as much of a source of good as he is of evil it makes no sense otherwise to simply assume that god is good, evil is not god and that's that

I swear it's some human quality to try to escape consequences of acts they know to be evil since a good god can only provide good consequences and outcomes to evil so it's a wonderful fantasy to have

this is why truth transcends good and evil
>>
Any other Catholics here?
>>
>>18851635
this statement is so true it itself is meaningless, because there is no way to define what can happen, past what has happened
>>
i don't pray, i just talk. whether or not there is an omnipotent force listening, i care not but if i'm gonna talk to my self, why not talk to god on the off chance such a being exist and actually takes the time to listen and act.
though things do tend to go the way i want, or at least a way that i need at the time
>>
>>18852815
this is only true if god is the sole being with free will.

as soon as humans with free will enter the equation, evil can exist independently of God, and destroying it would mean destroying humanity.

or if its demons? i dont know, im not really a believer in that sort of thing, im not a theologian, but that doesnt mean there couldnt be a reason that god hasn't/won't destroy that source of evil, which doesnt imply he isn't benevolent.
>>
>>18852579
Nothing said about Jesus. Atheists will always explain away a miracle. Enjoy your infinite darkness.
>>
>>18852820
Sup
>>
>>18852521
That's still not a good reason. Every religious person is a non-thinker. One can either think or believe, never both at once. Be a thinker, not a follower, and leave the past in the past.
>>
The fact that I am alive and I am facing no roadblocks when it comes to transitioning to female.
>>
It's Bullshit, Go to /r/Glitchinthematrix.

It is literally full of atheist talking about saving miracles that happened to them while DRIVING without praying to god.

It's not prayer but intention. just a part of this reality but it's either demonized or watered down so you dont stay in the knowing.
>>
>>18852183
see but that's just run of the mill new age angel number shit nothing special. Not proof of a God's intervention.
>>
>>18852127
I found the occult after a long period of addiction, and it changed my life for the better. Particularly Western Ceremonial tradition but also eastern mysticism.
>>
original prayer was like the neo-platonist meditation.
the emptying of the self or via-negativa
>>
I've been getting closer to Christ for the past 5 months or so, and after starting to read the gospels nightly I would have horrible reoccuring nightmares.

I'm always in a bed in a large empty room, and there's some kind of horrifying presence in the room with me. It mocks me and tells me that Jesus can't help me, and eventually I'm consumed by it.

I started praying to Christ to protect my mind from demonic activity ever night, and those nightmares ceased immediately.
>>
>>18851476
No opening a bible is what the devil wants you to do. Satan loves the bible, especially the old jewish law. He used the books to tempt jesus. Prayer is a weapon against evil forces in this universe. The bible is a weapon that can hurt people if abused or misunderstood. History proves that.
>>
Studies have shown that prayer is the same in the brain as talking to someone, that is about the only real benefit, anything else is a placebo effect, Morons, getting out of the basement or church and talking to real people also helps,
>>
>>18857869
>Studies have shown

show me the studies you stupid asshole. i bet they're flawed af
>>
>>18857881
Scanning the brain during prayer with a brain scanner, its not that hard to understand the study
Asks for evidence,
You are the one asking go look for it cockass
>>
god is real
>>
>>18852780
That's because the invocation of something revered as "Divine" always works. Gaea. Allah. God. Jesus. Yhwh. El Shaddai. There are dozens of names of Gods, and it is Faith that dispels demons, not that specific religion. Every major and minor religion dealing with "evil" or "bad" spirits has an almost identical method of protection; a ritual of invocation.

Also, just saying Jesus doesn't banish shit. Watch you back.
>>
>>18856444
Trips for Traps.
trapbump.

>>18857293
Sounds like targeted sleep paralysis. Literally a form of sleep paralysis that is inflicted on you by a demon. Good luck mate, something doesn't want you to leave it's control.
>>
Early parts of my life I had a guardian angel who would sometimes talk to me it was a girl whose voice was familiar but I could never exactly figure out why. I was oding and I heard my guardian angel tell me I was dying I prayed to god to save my life and I just puked and was alright. Haven't heard from her since that was about 8-9 years ago
>>
>>18857901
gr8 retraction.

>studies showed prayer worked. What? you want to see them? that's stupid. go find them yourself cockass
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.