[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

local legends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: 00000000.jpg (194KB, 962x731px) Image search: [Google]
00000000.jpg
194KB, 962x731px
share any of myths or lengends from where you live, stories allowed if you have any.
>>
>>18847787
Mothman sightings
UfO activity
Strange star behavior
>>
>>18847787
why are there so many lake monsters
I think after the fifth one its more likely that a bunch of people are seeing logs in the water
>>
File: I_hate_this_fucking_town.gif (250KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
I_hate_this_fucking_town.gif
250KB, 640x420px
I live in a small suburban town in Massachusetts known for being the "shovel capital of America" (I know exciting stuff) and there's an estate that's haunted as fuck. There's a story about a member of the Ames family dying in an aquatic plane crash and his ghost haunts the pond he drowned in, and there's also the ghost of a guard dog that guards the estate. never seen the Old Ghost Dude but I've seen the dog a few times
>>
Wisconsin here take your pick we got tons bro
> beast of brayer road
>white water was originally a school for witchcraft
> skin walkers
>haunted burial grounds
Underwater pyramids in a lake we got it all
>>
Names: The Wingy Man, The Wingy of the Woods
Description: winged creature which lives in the trees and swoops diwn attacking children and dogs
>>
>>18848917
>Terrifying winged fucker attacks children and dogs
>Name terrifying winged fucker "The Wingy Man"
Honestly feel bad for the monster having that bullshit nickname, you just KNOW the other demons give him shit for it
>>
>>18848859
>"I've seen the dog a few times"
>doesn't tell us more about the ghost dog
Tell us about the ghost dog Anon
>>
>>18847787
Live by the reservation in phoenix AZ
>indian kids told me after a long prepare
>little people live in brush
>grab at your jeans
>throw rocks at you
>only people walking at night

I seen something run across the road once leaving this ghetto neighborhood just by south mountain, it ran so quick i almost didnt catch it
>ugly
>looked like a baby with wrinkles
>skinless monkey
Scared the shit out of me

Alos we have a shitload of ufos
>>
>>18848891
More on underwater puranids
>>
>>18847803
People noticed how popular the Nessie legend made Loch Ness, so tourist companies and the like make up their own legends for their lakes, oceans, etc. Hence why the also often have similar names, like "Bessie" and "Chessie" and why they're almost all described as being plesiosaur-like.

I'd say that's also why you see so many forest sasquatch and weird flying thing at night stories after the popularity of Bigfoot and Mothman.
>>
>>18848859
Tfw I live near you and now I wanna go see the ghost dog
>>
Nutmegger checking in and CT has many cases. Winsted Wild Man, Manitook Creature, Melonheads, Bantam UFO etc
>>
>>18848917
How do we know those kids & dogs weren't asking for it?
>>
>>18847787
myth is...humans accessed technologies of eternal life thousands of years earlier than now, and testaments of the bible, mythologies, and parapsychology is history/herstory of interactions between humans who access/possess technology to live eternal life and those who don't access/possess technology to live eternal life.
>>
>>18848917
I read it in this book I had called weird Wisconsin. Apparently there is a small lake in northern part I think that has a small under water pyramid but no one has really cared too much to investigate, so it remains a mystery
>>
>>18851632
Just visit the Ames Estate at night, most sightings are around the long pond with the stone bridge, which is unfortunately private property now. Keep in mind that it's a guard dog, so if you do actually get it to show I would recommend not egging it on.
>>
>Vermont
>Champ, in Lake Champlain

I wish there was more /x/ shit going on in VT. There are some cool, supposedly haunted locations, but mostly inaccessible unless you go to the state university.
>>
>>18847787
Only shit I can think of is the Rougarou, which I learned about from my Cajun friend.
>>
>>18847787
everytime I see that map I get mildly annoyed there aren't really any cryptids in Connecticut, we do have plenty of ghosts tho. I've heard we're the most haunted state, even tho all of my trips ghost hunting have been fruitless
>>
>>18848957
Kek
>>
>>18850632
>hence why
Any chance at credibility lost forever
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.