[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/xv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: out.png (476KB, 1346x862px) Image search: [Google]
out.png
476KB, 1346x862px
What are some vidya games that /x/ tier shit in them? I don't mean generic spoopy horror pewdiepie games but things like occult symbolism/concepts, grayys, reptiles, illuminati/cults ect.
Bonus points for multiplayer games/3D chats with weird rumors surrounding them.
>>
>>18847564
*that has /x/ tier shit, fuckin typos...
Anyway kicking things off WoW obviously comes to mind as it's filled with all sorts of that shit but sadly it misuses many magic-related terminology and misrepresents a lot of concepts but nevertheless it has magic, demons, rituals, aliens (Draenei), death gods, cults, religions ect.
>>
>>18847564
The rail shooter game House of the Dead. A mad scientist makes all these zombies & flesh golems, plus all the bosses are named after the major arcana cards of tarot.
>>
>>18847588
Ahh nice. The mention of tarot reminded me off an obvious one I'm mad at myself for not thinking of before: The Binding of Isaac. It has everything under the sun. Tarot, demons, angels, sacrifices, lots of bible/mythology references, ect.
>>
Majestic Nights (heavy/x-influenced)
Secret World (Illuminati, Knights Templar, Masons)
>>
>>18847610
Just googled it, looks pretty sweet
>>
Morrowind has a lot of that kinda stuff in it.

If you get deep into the general Elder Scrolls lore, there's a lot of it.

But all the "best" (or most controversial, I guess) lore comes from Michael Kirkbride, who I think was heavily influenced by Crowley.

I would start at the Imperial Library (online lorebook repository) and start reading up on Chim/Amaranth. I think you can also search by Author as well, so search Michael Kirkbride.

https://www.imperial-library.info/
>>
The Deus Ex series has conspiracies as well as the illuminati. I haven't played Mankind Divided although I have heard negative things about it, regardless the first game is a classic and HR is cyb as fuck with transhumans, conspiracies, goverment agendas ect.
>>
>>18847644
Sithis has blessed your post with dubs.
>>
>>18847644
also thanks, will do
>>
File: Sunken_UFO-GTAV.png (381KB, 798x641px) Image search: [Google]
Sunken_UFO-GTAV.png
381KB, 798x641px
>>18847564
GTA and the chiliad mystery are fascinating. Rockstar they love ridiculing conspiracy, but they also love to indulge those same conspiracies by turning them into easter eggs and mysteries. I'd honestly look it up because it's a bag of fun.
>>
>>18847784
Interesting, I haven't really played much of GTAV but I know of some of the San Adreas theories such as the ghost of CJ's mom, bigfoot, ratman ect.
>>
>>18847564

Not 3D nor multiplayer but
'Please, Don't Touch Anything'
Is a great game full with fun yet weird /x/ tier shit.

It costs some money but i'm sure you could find it somewhere for free
>>
Check out Oxenfree

Ghosts of soldiers, time loops, radio signals from nowhere... It's fun and also has a killer art style and music.
>>
>>18847801
yeah most of those were fan theories that were well and truly debunked. Though it seems Rockstar has paid notice to these crazy theories and have started to make some of these off the wall theories a reality. Weird murals appearing all over Los Santos, the discovery of UFO's dotted around the map, a serial killer mystery. It's certainly slowed down over recent years, but most of the GTA V mystery community feel as if they're missing something and that they have a huge mystery to crack.
>>
>>18847871
If I was a game dev I'd totally add ridiculously hidden shit and cryptic messages in my game just to fuck with the players.
>>
>>18847564
Is that picture a screenshot of Worlds3D?
>>
File: hood.png (90KB, 1014x844px) Image search: [Google]
hood.png
90KB, 1014x844px
>>18847899
It sure is
>>
>>18847882
Exactly. Which is what I think the've done here.
>>
>>18847917
sweet
>>
indigo prophecy and silent hill 3 and 4
>>
>>18847909
Sweet. the one time I tried, I didn't see much cool stuff, but that community sure looks like a damn interesting rabbit hole.
https://uboachan.net/og/res/443.html
>>
>>18847931
The community is actually really friendly, well most of it anyway. They do stuff like tarot readings, various games, have weird conversations in the the spawn world ect. The weekend is the best time to visit, you're more likely to run into social players. I'm guessing you're more interested in the cult though. Well first of all the game is packed with occult symbolism (usually left hand path style stuff), many worlds are kept a secret and can only be accessed by a select few and there's the old legend that Nexialist runs a cult within the game but some think he's just a /v/tard who likes to spook newfags.
>>
>>18847931
About a year (maybe two now) ago I was autistically obsessed with uncovering the truth about Worlds. I had read every single archived thread/blog out there about worlds. After poking around I learned a lot, I haven't returned in a long time but most days I stare at the icon and consider going back. I'm not really sure what's stopping me.
>>
>>18847950
I am intrigued by both how the regulars have been visiting that thing for many years, as well as the nexialist, /v/tards and edgy occultism as well. But really, it's amazing how there seems to be a strong bond between those people, going there so often, making FANART of each other, so on.

>>18847921
Why not include silent hill 1 and 2 as well anyway?
>>
/v/ choices on top of my head:

Eternal Darkness
Condemned: Criminal Origins

More on the /vr/ side:

Gynoug
Alisia Dragoon
Actraiser
Darkstalkers
Phantasy Star
Eternal Champions
>>
While it doesn't relate to the themes of ays, cosnpiracies etc, I've always felt like GTA San Andreas (as previously mentioned) and Shadow of the Colossus had some dreadful feeling of mystery that is hard to explain. No wonder communities have obsessed with these games.
>>
>>18847977
Yup, well at it's core Worlds is a 3Dchat NOT a game. This means the oldfags treat it primarily as an IRC and are a lot more social than even most MMOs. The aesthetics and references to occultism (and of course it's obscurity) means that users are usually more wise and full of character than any bluepill gamer.
>>
>>18847997
Any game that limits render distance with thick fog is bound to have eerie feels to it but I think in the case of some games there is something deeper to it.
>>
>>18848000
>trips

I guess the occultism was an even smaller part, before Nexialist baited people from /x/ and /v/ into Worlds. The real depth, is in how dedicated those regualrs are. How long have the oldest ones in activity been there? More than a decade? Well, this does run off-topic, tho.
>>
>>18848012
Nah in some of the worlds there are references usually to satan, succubi, sin, many references to hell and there even a few sex dungeons although there is no full blown nudity and those low poly models are hardly arousing.
>>
>>18848012
I think worlds started in 1998, maybe 97. Definitely the 90's though which is clear by the outdated pop culture references such as Hanson.
>>
File: 1450671522403.png (100KB, 358x353px) Image search: [Google]
1450671522403.png
100KB, 358x353px
>>18847588
loved that game as a kid. used to play it with my little brother for hours every day. the last boss's weak spot is his dick btw.
>>
File: indigo_prophecy_header.jpg (339KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
indigo_prophecy_header.jpg
339KB, 854x480px
>>18847921
>indigo prophecy and silent hill 3 and 4
Also

Gabriel Knight, werewolves, vampires, and other shit along the series
Alone in the Dark, original was even based on Lovecraft
Nocturne, secret agency fighting the paranormal in the age of noir
Deus Ex, the perfect conspiracy
Broken Sword, you survive a bomb attack in Paris only to reveal the knights templar are behind
Prisoner of Ice, horror on the Antarctica, based on a story by Lovecraft
>>
They just made that new ck2 dlc about cults and religious orders.
I don't know too much about it.
Polite sage.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.