[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

solving time travel paradox

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: hh.jpg (26KB, 729x637px) Image search: [Google]
hh.jpg
26KB, 729x637px
if time is linear and not cyclical;how can problematic paradoxes be such?
You just have to go back in time and fix it. It could be said that if you do that then the "future you" doesn't have a reason to even go back-but Chronokinesis assumes you bubble yourself up in timeforce,leaving yourself intact (otherwise you would be un-born while traveling),and thus, your memory is intac too.
Thus, assuming chronokinesis is possible, there would be no further disruptions to the continum by going back and killing hitler or such things.
>>
>>18843636
Makes sense
>>
File: timeparadox.png (8KB, 1035x427px) Image search: [Google]
timeparadox.png
8KB, 1035x427px
>>18843636
I think you would remember it in your new timeline. an alternate reality is created for you, noone remembers the mistake but you in both timelines. you disappear from the old timeline at the point you go back.
>>
>>18843723
this is the right answer
>>
>>18843723
>>18843750
Alternate reality can't exist, that would beg the question of the origin and method of duplication of realities.
it's more rational to assume timelines are over-written one on top of the other
>>
>>18843636
Just an Anon here but here is my two cents.

If you did go back in time you have already started a loop. if you managed to escape this stream of time if you came back you already impacted. Trying to kill your grandfather.. you failed. Whatever you thought you could change you didnt. and we havent even gotten into the technicallity of getting the right time.
>>
>>18843818
Chronokinesis is assumed to be a bubble and you can go back like a CD player but from your location.
Like, your exact location at the moment back or forth, but you,inside the bubble,stay all the same.
>>
>>18843636
Lets do a Terminator problem

>someone is an issue
>go back in time
>kill them at a young age or the mother
>problem no longer exists
>time goes by
>previous you has no reason to go back in time
>therefore you have no reason to go back in time
>person in previous time does not get killed
>welcome to world 1-1
>>
>>18843753
each one of us has their own reality and observe it differently.
>more rational
Were chatting about the mere possibility of time travel, not rationality
>>
>>18843922
>>previous you has no reason to go back in time
exactly why he went back
>>previous you has no reason to go back in time

you don't go back the second time.

there's no loop hence no paradox, you kill the problem, life goes on

world 1.2
>>
>>18843636
According to quantum physics all possabilities happen. For example you roll a dice and see the 1 however for each outcome of the roll a new reality is created where 2 through six are rolled. So if you went back to change the outcome you would simply lslide into anouther dimension where the outcome was what you changed it to you would also very likley never be able to return to your original timeline.
>>
>>18843922
Split timelines/alternate universes.
1. You never went back.
2. You went back and problem is solved.
3. You went back and problem isnt solved.
4. You went back and your scenario happens.
5. You went back and got killed by a car during your visit there, thus never returning. Problem solved but no merit for you.
438330. You never went back because alien overlords jurassic park for polish royality.
>>
how would moving back or going forward in time even work?
Wouldn't you need to know the location first? either of the time in the past where earth/milky way galaxy was at or in the future where earth/milky way will be at?

how can one possibly calculate where in space we'll be? Even knowing the speed at which we are moving, how do you recognize what area of space you'll be at

or would this time machine not just adjust the time but the space in which you'll jump to?
>>
>>18844005
the space is the spot where you stand at the moment of using the time bubble.
then it just goes fast forward or fast back
>>
>>18844009
yeah but as a galaxy we are moving through space at some speed I forget. but we are moving through space so how would you calculate that into a time travel machine?

I find that harder to calculate than calculating the speed and energy needed to time travel (if at all possible)

like on earth it seems like it would be the same space, but it's not really we moved from that space a long time ago and are moving constantly
>>
>>18844029
I believe in the Zetetic astrology model to be quite honest(flat earth,small universe)
>>
>>18843723
Where does the matter and energy to make the new parallel universe come from?
>>
Lot of interesting talk here on a very interesting topic. I think the past and future depend on the present in a probabilistic way and a mass "coming to" finger snap is literally changing everything as it all ways should have been.
>>
>>18844457
It doesn't because it can't come from anywhere, thus parallel universes can't exist.
>>
>>18843723
correct. time travel is a personal experience. every person IS a universe overlayed onto the same multiverse.
>>
>>18843753
you pretty much described how actual 'alternate' reality works. it is indeed overwritten atop one another, but at the same time, because spacetime ceases to exist at that level. every cycle of the universe is happening atop itself
>>
>>18843961
I don't like this only because it means there's a universe where every single girl you ever had a crush on, disembowels you for 24 hours while playing your favorite song. there's also a unique universe for every combo of girl and song.
>>
I wonder if time was cyclical but now its coming to be linear with the Mandela effect and all being realized.

I think it works more like Dr. Manhattan. You know all from the beginning just putting your self together. What you do after depends on you.
>>
>>18843753
Fucking bollocks.
>>
the only legit way to time travel (in a direction and speed other than normal) is to traverse the Grand Ring of Ice that walls our Flat Earth. if you reach the nimbus dome and manage to convince the guardian, Diamonicus, to allow you passage through the Dome, you would then need to traverse the vast frozen and lightless void til you reach the next Time Frame. however, since the OmniWorlds have never been mapped it would be near impossible to reach the specific point in Time that you wish to travel. And even if you do, you'd have to let that Time Reference's Guardian to allow you entrance. It could very well be a completely parallel time frame which matches ours up to a specific point in time, but it could also be vastly different.

No telling what the hazardous environment of the Void is like, many theorize that the void is actual a fluid like ichor, allowing for multiple tiers of extra Planar levels in which the Flat Earths, or Domed Environmental Planes exist.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.