[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone red pill me on how to become a monk in the West.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: monk-0.png (526KB, 852x1049px)
monk-0.png
526KB, 852x1049px
Can someone red pill me on how to become a monk in the West.
>>
>>18840497
>>>/adv/
>>
Depends on the type of monk you're going for
>>
I've actually been considering sadhu life for two years. Have considered going to India but eh. Seems impossible to do it in the states. Unless you can find an ashram to live in. But I prefer to wander
>>
I really doubt you want this lifestyle and are just phishing for replies.
>>
dedicate your life to your work
>>
Find the true monk and emulate his style is how it seems to be working but no body knows who he is
>>
Monks are just lazy fucks that contribute nothing to society.
t. monk
>>
>>18842624
They contribute wisdom and teaching no?
>>
>>18840497
Check em
>>
Read Julius Evola. Stay away from Bhuddism, it just repeats itself and offers no insight besides "being present".
>>
>>18842408
ray turner, eel fisherman
>>
every monastery in the west is just whites mimicking chink culture. there really isn't much buddhism in monasteries.
>>
>>18840497
move to the east. the temptations are to abundant in western society. that or have a will of iron to begin with
>>18842624
no? so your saying taking in orphans and giving them a home is nothing? you think their art of self defense is nothing? you think their ingrained selflessness is nothing? what was the last thing you did for society, past make revenue for your government to turn into debt?
>>
>>18844506
That's step one, after you watch the sun boil dirt into trees and socciety iterate as a fractal, you start learning the ways to affect others free will in order to institute your own.

It's dark arts used for justice, but you only get the tazer once you've been tazed at Max volume.
>>
File: IMG_0603.jpg (70KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0603.jpg
70KB, 1920x1080px
Honest to god I was thinking of doing this and still am I'm tired of society and it's shitty ways i want out and into the spirit world.
>>
>>18844506
could you recommend me a reading order, i only read Riding the Tiger and The Doctrine of Awakening, really like his books and would love to know a more coherent order to read his works.
>>
>>18840543
>But I prefer to wander
"Not all who wander are lost." - J.R. Ewing
>>
>>18844506
>offers no insight besides "being present".
implying there is something more/else
>>
>>18840497
>Buy a vest
>become monk
>monk in a vest
>???
>profit
>>
What country are you in Op? Here in Australia we have monasteries that you work in for 6 hours per day, 5 days per week. In exchange you get free accommodation, free food and all the classes and teaching you could want.

The running joke is that if you stay there for a year you either go crazy or get ordained.
>>
>>18840497
Read Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda, he'll point you in the right direction.
>>
File: woke.jpg (33KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
woke.jpg
33KB, 480x480px
All you need to do is eat salads errday and meditate outside in the sun.

you can do it in NYC ya faggot, stop limiting yourself. Already been done.
>>
>>18840497
Find a monastery and join.

I live in the uk and lived across the road from a Hare Krishna temple for over a decade. It just looked like a normal house from the outside, they're everywhere
>>
>>18842624
Who said you must contribute to society?
>>
File: mangala arati.jpg (33KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
mangala arati.jpg
33KB, 375x500px
>>18847017
You didn't hear or smell them? I would think the 5-8 ceremonies throughout the day involving hand cymbals, a "bongo," loads of incense, and a conch shell trumpet would be noticeable from across a street.

Perhaps they don't have a deity there.
>>
If you're saying things like "redpill" you're already hopeless.
>>
>>18840497
It depends on what you mean by monk.
>>
>>18840497
Could you describe in greater detail what it is you're looking for?

Becoming a 'monk' nowadays is usually associated with retreating into a monastic community, seeing as those are far and few between in the western world (those that you'll find may be hybrid schools or lacking in quality) you're more likely to have success as an independent mystic.
>>
>>18840497
Are you fucking serious? Give some order near you a call or look at their website

Christian monasteries are desperately looking for new members
>>
>>18845800

talking of volume can you give me some words on upper left ear/left eye/ lower left back tension, I seem to be responding well to music, I hope you understand me.
>>
>>18846812

Those hacks fear the idea of control too much and don't know when to intervene with someones learning when it's necessary.
>>
>>18840497
Become a Benedictine Monk.
>>
>>18840497
Only own rob and begging bowl; beg food and meditate all day.
>>
When the student is ready the master will appear.
>>
>>18840543
Thinking about it for 17 years. Would of done it at 18 but didnt think they spoke English so I thought ultiomately unrealistic until I found out over a dozen years later 30% of them speak English in India so its not that bad.
>>
>>18845806
DMT buddy, of any kind of psycodelics like shrooms ill avoid lsd tho.
>>
>>18849664
gtfo with ur fortune cookie bullshit
>>
>>18849664
I like this line a lot
>>
>>18845806
>>18840497
Sit and stare at a wall for 6 hours, everyday for a week, then you'll know if you have what it takes to be a monk.
>>
>>18840497
>meditate
>do lsd
>>
>>18844506
pls kill yourself
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/index-subject.html
>>
>>18840497
1. Go to monastery of your choice.
2. Inform yourself about their rules and decide if you want to do it.
3. Become a monk.

No fuck off and die, dipshit.
>>
>>18849667
Sorry to say, but you are a retard.
>>
File: George_Berkeley.jpg (2MB, 3677x4943px) Image search: [Google]
George_Berkeley.jpg
2MB, 3677x4943px
Honestly can't you neu-fags at least learn how to make your character before we start the game?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.