[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Musicomancy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: chopin.jpg (133KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chopin.jpg
133KB, 1200x1200px
An idea came in, to use divination as a way to divine, in fact it is strange why there is no established system to do so.

There are many advantages to this system, among them:

>There are no special or particularly expensive tools needed. All you need is a musical instrument, which can be easily bought.

>Music in itself has been used for a long time to entered altered states of mind, which are quite useful for divination.

These are the basic associations that we currently have, based on a book on the subject:

The first idea was to associate each note with the zodiac and Trump Cards. I have also added the planets:

>The zodiac signs

Aries is the Emperor card; thus C.
Taurus is the Hierophant; thus C#.
Gemini is the Lovers; thus D.
Cancer is the Chariot; thus D.
Leo is Strength; thus E.
Virgo is The Hermit; thus F.
Libra is Justice; thus F#.
Scorpio is Death; thus G.
Sagittarius is Temperance; thus G#.
Capricorn is the Devil; thus A.
Aquarius is the Star; thus A#.
Pisces is the Moon, thus B.

>The planets
Mercury is the Magician; thus E.
Moon(planet) is the high Priestess, thus G#.
Venus is the Empress, thus F#.
Jupiter is the Wheel of Fortune; thus A#.
Mars is the Tower; thus C.
The Sun is the Sun; thus D.
Saturn is The World; thus A.

Now as you may have noticed, there are several notes which are repeated, this issue can be easily solved if you use the system with two octaves.

Now, although this could be enough for some readers, there are some who would like more. There is a document which sets a relationship between musical notes and numerical values / letters of the alphabet (This is known as musical Gematria). https://mega.nz/#!JrQAUTDL!y2EMhJ039jA3IXAYGuUKiWQ_IUy9-1nUaAymLnfaqmE

This can be also used as a base to do divination.

We want to develop this system further and that is the reason why this thread was created, to debate further the details and see if a more fine tuned system can be created.
>>
>>18836542
Soo how are the notes attributed?
>>
cool. its open to queries?
>>
>>18836556
We used something already existing. Tarot for yourself by Mary K. Greer has a list of musical notes associated to tarot cards. Later on I will post some of the planetary associations with musical scales according to Phillips 'Planetary Magic'.
>>
>>18836568
We are still fine tuning the whole system, so you could be a 'beta tester' of the divination system.
>>
>>18836588
great! U feelings towards me
>>
>>18836579
But I mean, How did the authors attribute the notes? Kabbalah?
>>
>>18836609
The system which uses kabbalah indeed is the Gematria method. I need to write down the details in the post, but basically I personally would simply use the associations there to get an answer.
>>
>>18836616
I'm not talking about Gematria though. I don't see how Gematria could be use to attribute planets and Tarot cards to musical notes, but I see how other qabalistic methods could... any insight? This sounds interesting. Also, please don't take this the wrong way, but what is your native language?
>>
>>18836628
Let me explain. Gematria is used as a system unrelated to the original associations I posted. How the author came to the original associations is something I would have to research, but I thought that it could be used as a core for the system, considering that it would be based on an already existing system, this would only 'translate' it to musical notes.
>>
>>18836673
I mean, I tend to agree with you, but I would want to be sure of how the attributions were made.
>>
>>18836677
Well as of now, I am not sure. However if you do find something or know of a different set of associations, that's fine.
>>
>>18836588
I can be a beta tester too. Sounds interesting overall
>>
>>18836694
Ok, I'll look into. I don't know of a different set, I just want to be able to verify independently that they are the appropriate attributions, for which I would need to know the method used. I guess I could break out 777 when I get home and try to figure it out.
>>
>>18836542
Here, have some next-level magick: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvP_3nDZ5U4
>>
Music is magic in itself. One is able to convey emotions and concepts without the direct usage of language. Take threnody for the victims of Hiroshima for example. Magic is nothing but intention, and music is the same. Every time we play, we cast spells.
>>
better yet, can you do magick with it? I know there are tonal associations with chakras, as well it is well noted that music can help with achieving certain emotional states.
>>
>>18836823
It is likely that once this system is fully developed I will use it instead of the tarot to contact Air / Water Elementals. And probably you can do magic, if you find patterns that can alter your psyche so you enter a trance.

There are some who have created musical sigils too, so musical magic is indeed possible.
>>
>>18836840
Wait, you use the Tarot for that? Do you ever evoke them? How specifically is the Tarot used for that kind of operation?
>>
>>18836879
Sorry if I'm asking too many questions that are off-topic, I'm just interested because I literally know zero people in person who are into anything occult.
>>
>>18836542
But how?
do you randomly press on a piano key or something similar
>>
phonomancy or auralmancy already exists. Can achieve limited perspective manipulation or foresight
>>
>>18836921
My original idea was this:

Playing a song in tune with the question meant to be asked. Then upon playing that song allowing intuition to tell when to stop. The last note or notes played would be the answer to the question.

However there is some interesting information I just got on the subject. https://attunedvibrations.com/solfeggio/

This information could be used to fine tune the system further, taking into account frequencies would be nice.

>>18836916
Join the Div channels.

And the Tarot is used to communicate with them.
>>
To elaborate on >>18836969

/div/ channels on in 18835396

Doesn't matter which you choose; there's discussion on both channels about this project
>>
>>18837170
Begunner musician here. Is there a discord?
>>
>>18836542

https://www.theguardian.com/notesandqueries/query/0,,-1767,00.html

Here's something you'll find interesting
>>
>>18836542

Finer notes strangle your veins, wider notes open them, you need to really attach your attention to the music you're listening to.

Remember beats also modulate your heart beat.
>>
>>18836542

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagorean_tuning

music and the occult is quite old, do some more research more before attributing ideas at random
>>
>>18836823

This is going along the correct thread of though
>>
>>18836542

http://www.pianopianoforte.com/piano_music/piano_music_english/the%20sound%20of%20the%20planets.html

>Saturn is The World; thus A.

Saturn is in D
>>
>>18838838

Also learn how resonance works
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/sound/Lesson-5/Resonance
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.