[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Universe/multiverse simulation thread Who else is into this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1488859753522.jpg (52KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
1488859753522.jpg
52KB, 500x471px
Universe/multiverse simulation thread

Who else is into this shit?

Basic argument:

>computing power keeps growing every year
>given a little more time (let alone time on an evolutionary scale), we could feasibly simulate the maximal sensory input of a brain
>if we keep going along as we do, we'll still be developing increasingly powerful computers that we use to make simulations for fun & profit
>if there is such a "real" reality with a posthuman race with supercomputers like the kind that we are obviously going to develop (look up quantum computing)...
>it is much more likely that we are simulated observers of one of millions of simulated universes rather than one of the "real" observers of the one "real" universe

And hell, what if we do develop the technology that can simulate billions of observers in their own world? Not only does that cement the logic of the argument that WE'RE being simulated, but then we also have our OWN simulations. Nested computing! Who knows how many dimensions of simulation?

>tfw we will become the future ancient extradimensional aliens
>>
>>18834384
What about the compounding computing power that would be needed to support stacked simulated reality?

It could never sustain itself because the computing power from the simulations and powering the simulations is in reality the computing power of the host reality not new processing power created from scratch.

So you could never stack simulations to such a degree because the computing power would still plateau and adding a simulated reality to be computed within its simulated reality to a measure of infinity would be impossible or if you had the processing power to do so, pointless.

Even if there is a chance, its still far more likely were in a host reality not a simulation.
>>
>>18834417
if we're living in a simulation, we can only assume so much about the laws of physics which apply outside of our simulation.
>>
>>18834417
On the kind of scale that we're talking about, though, the supposed top-level simulating computers would have tens of orders of magnitude more computing power than would be necessary to simulate the entire sensory history of mankind...there's power for a lot of shit in there.

And no, it's definitely more likely that we're in a simulation rather than a host.
>>
File: 1473104123724.jpg (66KB, 535x434px) Image search: [Google]
1473104123724.jpg
66KB, 535x434px
>>18834417
>tfw humanity finally is able to make simulation to model every complexity of a new universe and causes a quantum stack overflow, crashing and terminating our reality
>>
>>18834429
If we're in a simulation, why couldn't I get a simulation in which I can be a hobo samurai and not have to get a job? Fuck these hosts, man. Lame ass simulation...
>>
so how do we start a sims rights movement?
>>
>>18834781
What if we just got a bunch of people to flip off the sky.
>>
>>18834784
it might be more noticable if a whole bunch of us get together to stand in the shape of a middle finger for awhile.
>>
>>18834796
why don't we just build a giant structure that reads "FUCK YOU" from space?

"space"
>>
>>18834814
i bet this could get accomplished with crowdfunding
>>
File: habbofinland.jpg (44KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
habbofinland.jpg
44KB, 600x401px
>>18834814
>>
>>18834838
Pools closed.
>>
>>18834838
>not in black face

So much potential
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.