[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seeing frightening images before falling asleep.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

This happens every night for me

Usually about five or so minutes before I fall asleep proper I can kind of feel my mind winding down. While I'm in this state though, I'll often have very sudden, quite vivid visions of figures like pic related, and other similar figures. I see them and i always feel extreemly scared, almost sick. The image fades after a while, but I always think about them. Does this mean anything? Lots of time spent I'll just suddenly see something (in my minds eye) that I can only describe as extreemly sinister and horrifying. You see the picture, and you know that there is absolutely nothing good about the thing yo are seeing. It's just purely evil, and nothing else. I just need to tell someone about it because It bothers me a lot.
>>
>>18833992
It's called an imagination.
>>
I see them too.
>>
>>18833999

Yeah but I don't actually imagine the images. When I use my imagination normally, I can generally feel that I was the one that created the image. The image comes from my thoughts. With these, I can immediately tell that there is just something different about the mental image. I just suddenly see it.
>>
>>18834002
Yeah, but you're also on the verge of sleep-state. You're basically starting to dream.
>>
Are you under ten years of age?
>>
This happens to me to. Though it hasn't always been bad. The one thing they all have in common of the flashes of pictures is the eyes. They are always staring at me I feel. It always kinda messes with me but I kinda got used to it. Happened last night before bed i was winding down and had just closed my eyes not sleeping but relaxed and it was a flash of an eye like disembodied but the irises were red and its like someone had cropped just that eye into pitch black behind my eyes. I didn't really think much about it till i saw this thread I figured it was just my ailing mind anyways thx for the confirmation im not going insane or if I am going insane there are others who have similar insanity.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnagogia

Under Symptoms Section Sights. It happens to alot of people apparently though people do not really know why it happens other than a switch between wakefulness and sleep.
>>
>>18833992
Are you an alcoholic? I am and on days I don't drink I see shit. I figure it's just some detox or what ever.
>>
>>18834074

Not an alcoholic. Pretty normal guy.
>>
>>18833992
I see shit like this on occasion, but not every night. Usually when I feel too restless to fall asleep quickly.
>>
File: Monsturd[1].jpg (28KB, 601x400px) Image search: [Google]
Monsturd[1].jpg
28KB, 601x400px
As far as I know, from the descriptions in OP's post and other's people experiences posted here, I'd say the cause of the problems described are (for the most part) what some people know as "Elementals".

They are one of the most basic non-material beings (or astral or whatever) and they "feed" on very basic emotions, especially on fear. They are not really dangerous per se, unless you get REALLY obsessed about them (I mean like completely out of your mind obsessed). The other concern is why they are targeting you, but don't worry, it may be some minor issue and fixing it could lead you on a very pleasant path and will probably be very easy. You could consider them masters in some way but more on this later.

Even if you are a fedora-tier atheist, you could think of it of some mental processes that should be killed as they aren't beneficial at all, the main issue is not wether they are inside or outside your head, but how to solve the problem, and the solutions i'll give will work either way. Don't get stuck in the name of the phenomena.

If they come to you it's because they find it easy to scare you and take that energy from you, or they find your energy irresistible or you produce a lot of it. Then they just appear as something really scary to you, which is easy if you are looking at spoopy images on the internet 24/7 as they are fresh on your mind and they just have to mix them a bit with some of your inner fears and there they have a perfect jumpscare.

The quick solution then, would be cutting out the spoopy images and that kind of stuff, as well as learning to control your emotions in order to stop being scared by them. Also limit masturbation and specifically ejaculation as the huge amounts of energy liberated tend to draw their attention.

A very useful technique for me has been "looking" very close at this images and seeing them as some really lame attempt at creating a fearful monster, like in pic related (The Monsturd,great movie, awesome villain).
cont
>>
File: jocantaro[1].jpg (33KB, 460x281px) Image search: [Google]
jocantaro[1].jpg
33KB, 460x281px
The long-term solution, however, is about introspection. Seize the opportunity they offer you to learn about your inner fears and a lot of different aspects about your personality. Don't see them as something bad or hate them, just try to learn from the experience. Raise your vibrations (lots of info on that everywhere) and you'll see how they actually are helping you to overcome your fears by pointing them out.

When you learn to completely appreciate and accept them (or love that processes of your mind) the problem will be over. Not only the spooky images will vanish but you'll have solved some important issues with yourself.

Another shitty monster: the Jocantaro
>>
>>18833992
It doesn't sound like sleep paralysis but it could be the anteroom, do you experience sudden vertigo?

My major hobby has been hypnosis since i was 16, and a couple years later when i started getting into self-hypnosis i went through sleep paralysis and similar states almost every night. At the begining i was scared even knowing what was happening, a couple of weeks later you're so mentally done with that situation you start accepting it and you see the hallucinations with a different light and gain control.
>>
>>18834074
I'm an alcoholic and was for many years, on the days that I couldn't drink I'd get auditory and visual hallucinations, confusion and paranoia. Turns out it's something called Delerium Tremens, and is a type of temporary psychosis brought on as your nervous system becomes hyperexcited from the lack of alcohol in your body. It goes away after several days if you power through cold turkey, but I'd never want to experience it again.
>>
File: 1488338896074.png (2MB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1488338896074.png
2MB, 3000x3000px
>>18833992
>tfw seeing scp 1471 used to make me uneasy
>tfw after all the scp threads on /trash/ I find it kinda cute now
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.