[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Strange, intrusive thoughts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: imakuni.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
imakuni.png
7KB, 225x225px
Hey /x/, for some time now almost every time I shut my eyes I get these flashes of horrific things and faces. I'm not entirely sure what's going on here, but lately I can't look in the mirror without feeling like something in the image I'm looking at is going to change, doors will randomly close (never open) in my house, I'll ALWAYS be seein shit in the corner of my eye. usually the same sight, too. It's a short woman of sorts wearing all white with a ghastly face. Reminds me of that ghost from GTA5 on the mountain and shit. You get me, right? Anyway, I'm also terrified of something running down my stairs after me. It feels like the fucking thing, or whatever, is right behind me as I make my way down the dark staircase. I think the worst part of it all is the TV. I'll be expecting a face to appear on the TV at any given moment and scare the hell out of me. Or when I shut my eyes in the shower I expect something to be standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME and just start screaming. Always screaming. Tell me, /x/, am I letting my imagination get the best of me? am I sick? I'd really like to know. And you guys used to get to the bottom of shit back in the day, which is why I come to you now.
>>
>>18832061
Go see a Dr and get some head meds. You are uncomfortable, so you need some relief and medication can do just that.
>>
>>18832081
You're right, anon. I've never been one to believe in ghosts or any bullshit like that either, I just.. feel really weird about all this jazz. I might as well go see a doc and see what's up with my head.
>>
>>18832061
Yeah its your imagination, as a teen i had these things and my own anxiety made it worse and worse. Until I had panic attacks. The moment i took benzos my mind calmed and i realized i was head tripping. Only had to prove this to myself once and the weird flashy rabbit hole disappeared. I noticed that it was a recursive loop.
>>
Just remember that your thoughts aren't real and only have power if you let them. Also remember that you are not your mind, your mind is your instrument and you're the musician. I used to have issues like yours but realizing these things helped me greatly.
>>
When this happens to me I immediately:
>Sit down
>Close my eyes
>Breathe in deeply through your diaphragm
>Breathe out through your mouth making a woosh noise

Now my visualisation begins. Sometimes I go to a particular summer afternoon when I was 8 or 9 years old.

>I am sitting outside in my grandparents courtyard facing the back garden. Inside the adults are talking, and I am playing with a small wooden chair, enjoying the sun setting slowly and the warm wind blowing in my face.
>The voices of the adults gradually dim away and the wind picks up, and now it's blowing so hard it lifts up the little wooden chair and floats it in front me.
>I feel a great sensation of freedom and I spread out my arms and the wind surrounds me. Any moment I could take off too and fly away. I close my eyes and see myself from above, the house is below me and getting smaller, there is the big tree I used to climb, and the street I rode my bicycle down, and the tram tracks I cross on my way to school, and marketplace I visit with my grandma, far above the city now, it's a small dot below me.
>I am the wind, and I am everywhere.

I then open my eyes and the problems are gone. I also have an ice cave I sometimes go to.

>In this place I visualise being deep underground, below ice, giant walls of white/blue ice with arches taller than I can see fading up into the ceiling.
>I am growing a blue fire from within, I stoke it and it grows. Eventually engulfing and surrounding me like a protective shield.

You need your own place real or imagined, or a happy memory, or something that made you feel free or safe. The visualisation is the most important part for me. I obviously don't make contact with anything else living/visiting there, they have nothing I want and I have something they desperately want (my physical body). I don't think modern medicine will help you long term, it will just dull your mind and senses and avoid addressing the underlying problem.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.