[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Padre Pio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: Padre Pio.jpg (62KB, 630x472px) Image search: [Google]
Padre Pio.jpg
62KB, 630x472px
Was he for real? Don't ever remember seeing a thread about him here.
>>
>>18831603
>Stigmata
>Bilocation
>Levitation
He did it all.
>>
>>18831619
But some detractors say he used carbolic acid to keep the wounds there. There's a record of him getting some from a pharmacist. I just want to know the truth and hear /x/'s thoughts about it.
>>
>>18831623
He used iodine to clean them, they tested them and found no traces of acid. I'm on the fence about it.
>>
Real or not its interesting that I've never even heard of the guy till now. Cool story.
>>
Since crucifictions happen through the wrist not the hand that's enough
To call him out as a fake.
>>
>>18831603
He was something. Whenever I hear stigmata I tend to immediately assume BS, but the Padre is an exception. The human mind and intense belief can do some pretty crazy shit.

I've studied him a bit before, being raised Catholic, and I think his image is a bit overblown. But, that being said, he was remarkably consistent throughout his life. He doesn't seem like an intentional fraud, and if he is I can't figure out what his motives were, he didn't seem to want the attention he got.
>>
>>18831683
Rope+Nails= PROBLEM SOLVED.
>>
>>18831683
Do any reported stigmata have wounds at the wrist?
>>
I genuinely believe he was do real, yes. Most others are not, he was.
>>
>>18831686
Well, uhh, they would have needed to use rope no matter where the nails went, if they wanted the body to remain for any length of time.
>>
>>18833398
What convinces you that Pio was the real deal? What separates him from the rest? Not doubting, just asking.
>>
File: 87108.jpg (38KB, 225x339px) Image search: [Google]
87108.jpg
38KB, 225x339px
>>18831603
>Since crucifictions happen through the wrist not the hand that's enough
>To call him out as a fake.

Heretics!!
>>
>>18835227
such a stupid word but at least not used on the real christians now
>>
>>18831623
a doctor said there was no way to keep those wounds open for years without developing a big infection.
>>
File: PP.png (29KB, 223x269px) Image search: [Google]
PP.png
29KB, 223x269px
Padre Pio is a good alien came to earth to protect it from invaders. The stigmata are due to laser beams burns coming out of his hands
>>
>>18835380
Maybe thats the "stop, invincible son" meme explained haha
>>
>>18835340
So the doctor was saying they were stigmatic wounds? Couldn't stigmatic wounds get infected too?
>>
>>18835115
I think what makes me lean toward him being real is that the church ordered him to stop doing public masses and he did. He didn't seem to be looking for attention, he obeyed the church and could only hear confessions. I really don't know if he did it to himself or not, but apparently it hurt like hell and he had to climb steps backward because of the pain. He lost a cup of blood daily. Doctors examined him a lot, said they saw no evidence of his doing to himself. Kind of interesting man, for sure.
>>
>>18835466
Good explanation. I didn't know about the backwards steps thing.
>>
>>18835466
Maybe he only had the power and divinity we all saw when we all believed and loved him for it. He basically revoked it all when he stepped back.
>>
>>18835550
What do you mean "he stepped back"?
>>
>>18835450
he only said science couldn't explain them. stigmatic wounds that saints have don't get infected because their cause is supernatural, and it is said the padre pio's ones smelled like flowers.
>>
>>18835466
also, he was obstacled by church for most of his life.
>>
>>18835741
He was protected by John the second, he was still obstacled by the church tough.

He's incredible popular in here and one of the most popular saints along with our local ones.
>>
>>18835713
He listened to the church and stopped doing public masses, and a lot of power was lost and changed. I could just have the story wrong in my head though.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.