[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to start a cult?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_5741.jpg (880KB, 2448x3060px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5741.jpg
880KB, 2448x3060px
Has anyone here ever successfully managed to gather >10 followers for a religion? I'm trying to start a cult but I'm not sure how to reach out to people about it, should I just be charismatic?
>>
File: 1420928604905.jpg (167KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1420928604905.jpg
167KB, 1252x1252px
>>18831577
>should I just be charismatic?

>turns to /x/ for guidance
>>
You're not a cult leader material. None of the successful ones come to /x/ to ask.
>>
I believe I have a lot of followers supporting me in my life. A cult leader is very different from some one who lives by example and preaches a peaceful lifestyle.
>>
>>18831577
You should be a wizard. All leaders are. And you need some Occult doctrine. Christianity works pretty good. It's believed by millions, yet, rubbish.
>>
File: mrfedoratoyou.jpg (63KB, 709x572px) Image search: [Google]
mrfedoratoyou.jpg
63KB, 709x572px
>>18831716
>thinks he's some kind of commando for atheism by shitposting on /x/
>>
>>18831577
If you're asking on an image board, you aren't the kind of person that can start a cult.
>>
yea but my followers all killed themselves for 2012 rapture
>>
What's up with these threads lately...
>>
>>18831577
charismatic cults are easy to do. Look at all the weird NAR leaders, just felts peoples heads with feel good lies that aren't in context or added to the bible and claim it's the holy spirit. Only focus one or two "spirit gift".
>>
read up about charles manson, he was an ugly little manlet and managed to convince like 20 10/10 cuties to brutally murder a bunch of strangers in their homes.

what's creepy about it all, as you watch the interviews with these women 30-40 years later, they still call him "charlie" with deep affection, and are clearly in love with him still.

rumor is the only reason they got caught is because while in jail on some other minor crime one of the girls bragged to her cellmate:
>the more you kill the more you enjoy it
>>
>>18831583
>>18831972
this
>>
>>18831972
prove it
>>
>>18834173
>not that anon but
to start a cult you need people skills, specifically manipulation skills. manipulators use their skills instinctively, and they already know what to do. they don't need to ask. it's like the old adage "if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it" but with social skills and sociopathy instead of money.
>>
File: ayy.jpg (10KB, 237x160px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
10KB, 237x160px
>>18831577
I feel like cults could be fun but we only hear about the unsuccessful or tragic ones. What about a group of people who live in a community worship Tyr and go hunting with primitive weapons together on a regular basis? No suicide, murdering people, sexual abuse it would just be chill as fuck. Who wants to join?
>>
>>18831965
I'm not him but... Why do Christians always get so triggered when somebody says anything bad about their religion? It really is counterproductive.
Truth is resilient against criticism and Christians seem to be very sensitive to criticism.
>>
>>18834200
>I feel like cults could be fun but we only hear about the unsuccessful or tragic ones.
Society stops calling it a cult once it is deemed successful. Look at the Amish.
>>
>>18834200
>>18834200
What you described sounds like a co op
Cults pretty much universally center around a singular charismatic figure utilizing an ideology for the specific purpose of gaining intense and direct control over a group. I'm not sure you would really count as a cult if you're organized in a non-heirarchical fashion, you're just a small group with a mutual ideology.
>>
>>18831577
Why seek to exploit people's psychological weaknesses to control them? This is a petty, narcissistic power. The alternative is to seek the power empower others, to help them learn the tools to build on their strengths and compensate for their weaknesses. With this you gain from the positive benefit on their lives, a power that can stretch great distances across time and space as they in turn are more likely to benefit others positively as well. There are many ways to do this from careers to everyday life. In this context one suggestion would be to explore philosophy and form/join a philosophy club or discussion group, it could be in real life or on line. The group would not be about the repetition of ideology but the exploring of fundamental problems.
>>
>>18835170
Yeah, what this nigga needs is a commune!
>>
>>18831577
Just do what I've seen several times on here; come up with a spoopy looking arg site where people have to sign up and post it to x. You'll have a small cult following for a month or two until the fad wears off. It's really your closest chance at that sort of thing.
>>
File: 1490025881304.jpg (82KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490025881304.jpg
82KB, 624x960px
systemspace.link/index.php

join the escape group
:^)
>>
>>18837133
A.S.8, how have ya been?
>>
>>18837136
no idea who you are referring to..
>>
>>18837145
I thought you were a former tripcode user who seems to have been away for a while.
>>
>>18837148
nopers, just some anon
>>
THIS IS THE SIGN YOU HAVE ASKED FOR AND BEEN WAITING PATIENTLY TO RECEIVE

First of all, no one on this board knows about anything other than being a NEET, internet fads, and roleplaying. Their response to any question will simply be the first thing that pops into their heads, no thought and, no study behind it. Given the homogeneous make up of this board couples with their lack of life experience makes for an easily predictable response 99/100 times.

Anyway, now that you know why you are on a fools errand here. Here is the real answer: The way to learn anything is by BEHAVIORAL MODELING. I have used these techniques very successfully and their origin, at least where I became aware of them, is from the ancient greeks while I studied philosophy or more specifically VIRTUE THEORY.

The premise is simple. See someone who is living the virtues or whatever it is that you want to learn and then copy their behaviors one by one, using trial and error, studying the results, until you reach your goal and master the technique starting with what bahavior you think is most likely to be related to your intended result and then working your way down from there. Have you ever seen when baseball players all start wearing those stupid overgrown beards or whatever after seeing one great player start to do it? Its an example of what I am talking about.

Study cults, study their leaders, model the behaviors. There are many books and websites on the subject. Any books on psychological manipulation are great as long as their conclusions are based on actual experimental data and case studies rather than those bullshit self help books or "pick up artist" books that have flooded the market to dupe rubes. The US gov and american psychology association has also published great literature. The key here to success is science and the scientific method.
>>
NOW FOR THE GOOD STUFF

You wont do the things I recommended. To be successful you must put more legwork into it than say, your average university course as an example. You are not going to do that. Its that simple. That is why I am giving you this information that I know would be harmful to the population if used, but you will not use it. This cult idea will leave you in a few days or at most will linger as a fantasy that you use as an escape from your everyday problems and feelings of powerlessness.

HERES WHAT YOU REALLY ASKED FOR:

The down and dirty of it. How to be a charismatic leader 101.

Less is more. Mystery is your greatest ally here. The less of yourself you actually expose to recruits or potential followers the better. It leaves them to "fill in the blanks" and project their own fantasys onto you. This is much easier than cold reading every single person and then trying to adapt yourself to their needs. Every successful cult has a leader that is kept separate, with limited access to the community and a sergeant of arms type follower or inner circle group that runs the mundane day to day operations of the cult. This keeps the mystery as well as diffuses responsibility. Leader blames mismanagement on them and they deny all responsibility saying that they are acting under leaders orders. This is the secret of how cults run. Cognitive dissonance on the part of the followers. There is no more to it than this great and secret show combined with the 10 signs you are in a cult that you can find on every webpage online.
>>
File: hypnosis.gif (98KB, 403x344px) Image search: [Google]
hypnosis.gif
98KB, 403x344px
DONE WITH THEORY AND ONTO PRAXIS

First you need a space, either a house or storefront or commercial office space. You cant have a cult out of your moms basement (unless she is dead somewhere in the house), you cant have a cult that meets in the fucking library and you cant have a cult that meets in the woods (as much as you think that would be an easy solution). Cults gain members by providing services to members who cant get them anywhere else. They provide housing, food, and a sense of community and life purpose. You must be able to provide all of these three things which takes money and a physical building to start up. You can look at 1000 examples of failed groups that dont meet these three requirements for attracting members and they all fizzle out because of it. Look at every "cult" that has been attempted on /x/, there have been dozens. This is another reason why you wont be able to have a cult, if you had the resources to do it you would not be having these power fantasys.

So lets recap: come up with a concept that is not totally cringy (less is more, copy/mix and match from other cults and religions), study, practice, and model manipulation techniques of other leaders, police interrogators, domestic abusers, and therapists (therapists are prob best from this list), provide housing, food, and community events/rituals/work/group therapy/farming/whatever for anyone who shows up, limit access to yourself, if they see you acting as a man they will think of you as a man, if they see you when you are weak/stressed/picking your nose/etc they will not follow you (when you date someone new and only see them once a week they are infatuated with you but when they see you every day they are less so because they see you as you are rather than as they want you to be).
>>
TLDR:

Basically make a creepy (or cool or whatever your theme is) persona from your actions and dress and make a creepy (or cool) looking and seeming building and people will come to you if you are mysterious enough and advertise free food. Also post flyers all over poor areas and college campuses, this will be where you get youre core group that will become your inner circle in time, then that group will go out (in pairs) to recruit others as well as man the free food table (look up food not bombs).

If you build it and use marketing (take a class in community college) and keep up the mysterious air then people will flock to you. It is that simple but you need the money to start it up (which you dont have).

How do I know all of this? I have put in the legwork. Everything is legwork, even cheating and even faking. It comes naturally to some people but not you (obviously). I know my stuff, hell I have already convinced you to join my group and that is not even my intent. I help people better themselves using the one great trick, the one great secret, the only real magic that exists in this world: Confidence and Placebo as proof.

My last suggestion is to infiltrate some of your local cults. They exist. Dont pay them any money (unless you look at it as tuition for your education) but go and learn what you can. You are probably better suited as a follower anyway than as a leader. They will probably recruit you against your initial intentions no matter how smart or strong you think you are. I have done this several times. Examples of wide reaching cults that you might have access to locally: Hare Krishna, Moonies, cutco knives, heavenly mother church, Konigun Ninjutsu, scientology, jehovas witness, Maum Meditation, Raelians, and many more.

I hope you guys enjoyed my writeup. I put a lot of work into it. I studied cultural anthropology (concentration in religious studies) at university with a minor in philosophy. You can reach me at occultstudent at yahoo dot com.
>>
File: Marshall_Applewhite.jpg (32KB, 512x386px) Image search: [Google]
Marshall_Applewhite.jpg
32KB, 512x386px
Its all about the eye contact
>>
>>18831965
>if you don't believe what I believe that means you believe nothing at all
I hate you people
>>
>>18838258
>>18838279
>>18838303
>>18838327

Thanks for the information. Did you try and start your own group or is this just your observations?
>>
File: Vin_mariani_publicite156.jpg (46KB, 297x425px) Image search: [Google]
Vin_mariani_publicite156.jpg
46KB, 297x425px
>>18838508
I have been a follower/infiltrator in many groups (it is a hobby of mine) and in the past I have started my own group with the theme of business/self improvement (business type groups along with christian groups that do tithing are the easiest to make $$$ quickly). My group was based on pyramid schemes, the mafia, and immigrant family businesses models like chinese restaurants. These types of methods has the most payoff for least effort and start up funds which is why they are so successful. They have been tried and true in in the most cutthroat/adverse conditions. I have always been benevolent though.
>>
OP here and I think I'm getting somewhere, I'm teaching people how to remote view and they think I'm a god
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.