[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the Shriners, really?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 9

File: Kerak_Logo_Icon1.png (208KB, 920x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kerak_Logo_Icon1.png
208KB, 920x480px
I have ALLOT of family in the Shriners; is it more than an old man frat that helps kids in hospitals?
The family I have that are currently Shriners I don't talk to much, the one I did talk to allot(grandpa) passed away(a while ago, before this kinda thing grabbed my attention).

Would definitely appreciate a basic gestalt.
>>
There's absolutely nothing evil or bad about them. They are just a brotherhood denomination of high degree freemasons that hold charity events and mostly help children hospitals. They are all great individuals that help the community
>>
There were some allegations about the Shriners that they were more of an orgy cult, but that may be a hate talk from other masons
>>
>>18828018
Every lodge and temple is different, some focus more on social interaction and drinking cocktails while other are a great importance to communal building and development. I can assure you no orgies take place in my lodge
>>
No idea what this means. Sounds like shiners, like the shining, the old guy telling the little kid about the power. Plays into eyes wide shut and also 2001. Kubricks life and discography is really beautiful.
>>
>>18828033
What?
>>
>>18827978

Shriners are the least evil of the masonic orders.
>>
>>18828024

It was specifically around Memphis.

My grandfather was a good guy(atleast all that I saw), so I was hoping I would hear good things. So much stuff coming out about shady secret organizations, I like to think that allot of the organizations are genuinely decent(not sure if that's just naivety, but I've met enough people who are masons/shriners/daughter of Job/eastern star and were good people, to definitely cast doubt on the "they're all evil" thinking).

Any other info(that won't get you in trouble) would be appreciated. thanks.
>>
Heres a BIG clue.

ANYWHERE you see the crescent and star, you are seeing tammuz and semiramis represented.

they are called many things..

ishtar,lillith,lucifer,zeus but they are just roses by another name.

remember the comet ping pong sign?
>>
>>18828100
This
>>
>>18828092
Exactly. Why is every one questioning how I know this when I clearly do.

Shriners build a fake shrine to the sun that clearly obviously is. Read in between the lines.
>>
>>18828114
>>18828100

What's evil about them?
(not sarcastic, if you have any evidence, I'm interested)
>>
>>18828024
Btw how have you joined? I was interested in joining but I won´t fill the bill... for now
>>
a shriners thread and nobody's posted this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pO_tXzeiZAQ

you should be ashamed of yourselves
>>
>>18828117
So you're just being obtuse, got it.
>>
File: interestingquestion.jpg (23KB, 299x300px) Image search: [Google]
interestingquestion.jpg
23KB, 299x300px
>>18828489

You had my interest before, but now you have my attention.

Who's the lady?
>>
>>18828012
^This.

Here's the ritual.

http://www.stichtingargus.nl/vrijmetselarij/shriners_r.html
>>
The shills are strong here. Fact all shrines are 32 nd degree. Fact the royal order of jesters are the elite shrines.

Fact jesters are constantly being prosecuted for pedophilia.
>>
https://redice.tv/news/probe-of-the-members-of-the-royal-order-of-jesters-carousing-goes-national
>>
They're old guys that get drunk, drive around in little cars and throw candy at kids. If they're nefarious, then foam must give concussions.
>>
>>18828500
Sorry you're right I am. I'm a bit arrogant in nature but still, a shrine is just something built with a higher power in mind. Its worship basically. Toss up some respect for the best example for sure but "Striver" would be a better term.

Just be your best self all ways, you don't gotta worship no body.
>>
File: 1490577605798.png (132KB, 550x281px) Image search: [Google]
1490577605798.png
132KB, 550x281px
>>18828113
>ishtar,lillith,lucifer,zeus but they are just roses by another name.

This is the most miss-guided statement I have read today.

Congratulations...
>>
>>18828472
visit a local lodge and ask for a tour then speak to someone about membership
>>
Is it not a Sufi-oriented Masonic organization?
>>
>>18829263
No. It has nothing to do with Islam

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shriners
>>
>>18829302
I mean, the scimitar/crescent/star give it that imagery, but I'm gonna check out their rites. I personally don't think that would make it any bad or worse, I had just gotten the impression that some of their stuff was Sufi-inspired, if not actually Sufi-based.
>>
>>18829312

I mean, it has a very Islamic flavor to it, considering its origins that's to be expected. They do use a Koran in the ceremony, which would seem to indicate *some* connection with Islam, however tenuous it may be.
>>
>>18829312
It was inspired, per sey. The founders traveled to the middle east in search of a theme for a new brotherhood, simply put. But it is not based on any sufi belief
>>
>>18827978
Orientalist influenced Masonic degree. People join because they want to drink alcohol oddly enough. Has Islamic elements to it.
>>
In all reality, the only requirement are to believe in a power greater than yourself, a creator of the universe. Technically it does not matter who, or what, it is
>>
>>18828687
is that Rahab, from the biblical story of Jericho?
>>
File: 20170328_190328.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_190328.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
This is my deceased grandfathers fez
>>
File: 20170328_190411.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_190411.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>
File: 20170328_190351.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170328_190351.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>
>>18829006

A blanket reputation without a shred of evidence to support it it's getting shilly in here
>>
>>18829328

It was inspired by the Babylonian mystery religion which is why it is adopted this symbols of their gods.

THIS is why pol rips on you guys.
>>
>>18829554
>Blanket reputation
>reputation
Dude, not everybody is a shill. Relax
>>
>>18829554
Refutation*
>>
>>18829559

Not according to the founders themselves
That's ok, I can tell you have it all figured out anyway.
Now fuck on off back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>18829569

>Not according to the founders themselves

You mean, not according to the publicly available information.

Most modern brotherhoods have their roots way deeper than they acknowledge publicly.
>>
File: 1490198767346.jpg (283KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
1490198767346.jpg
283KB, 1024x681px
>>18829559
>Babylonian mystery religion
What in particular, do you find to be so mysterious about Babylonian religion?

What secrets do you believe active practitioners of the faith are hiding from you and the rest of the public?

I am genuinely curious...
>>
>>18828012
>First reply every time

Damn it, Hiro, fix your spam filter
>>
File: gun_sounds.gif (249KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
gun_sounds.gif
249KB, 500x375px
>>18828805
Oh shut up, you stupid faggot, you know nothing.
>fact all shriners are 32nd degree
Any mason is eligible to become a Shriner after he as completed his three degrees.
>fact the royal order of jesters are elite shriners
You're using the word elite because it's a buzzword. It is true that the Royal Order of Jesters only allows Shriners in good standing. What does that prove? There are some Shriners that just want to ride the tiny car instead actually practicing brotherly love and charity.
>fact jesters are constantly being prosecuted for pedophilia
A few years ago there was a scandal where a few jesters were charged with human trafficking, when in reality they had just payed the cost of the airplane ticket so that a prostitute they had been dealing with to fly her to a party they were having.
What they did was morally wrong, illegal, and improper conduct for a Mason.

What would inspire you to lie? It's either flagrant stupidity, or deliberate deceit. Which is it, m8?
>>
Why so people keep making threads about the Shriners? They're just a big social group with ties to religion. Learn how to Google and stop acting like everything is a big fucking conspiracy.
>>
>>18829618

He means a mystery cult. That is literally the name that is used to refer to them non-specifically.
>>
>>18828033
Kubrick a shit
>>
>>18827978
A lot
>>
File: anti aging - blood plasma.png (188KB, 1332x598px) Image search: [Google]
anti aging - blood plasma.png
188KB, 1332x598px
>>18829618
>What secrets do you believe active practitioners of the faith are hiding from you and the rest of the public?

Remember the thing with Molech and passing through fire?

>Children
>Hospitals
pic related
>>
>>18833614
Are you this fuck who goes around in every board swearing up and down that the 'elites' all worship Molech? Even if your premise had any validity, there is pretty much nothing wrong with that. I'd love to check out your sources on this though.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.