[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: avpve.jpg (118KB, 807x497px) Image search: [Google]
avpve.jpg
118KB, 807x497px
Do you believe in sentient aliens? If so do you believe sentient aliens visited earth at some point in time?
>>
>>18827812
There's probably a sentient alien in your bedroom right now.
>>
>>18827812
>Do you believe in sentient aliens?
Probably
>If so do you believe sentient aliens visited earth at some point in time?
Probably not
>>
>>18827816
Kek blesses.
>>
File: 1435959951846.png (214KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1435959951846.png
214KB, 500x500px
tl;dr: Yes, no.

There are likely tons over tons of alien species out there.
There are also likely so ridiculously far away that it would be literally physically impossible to meet them, ever.

Unless we get really lucky with "life placements" on the universe, or we manage to develop some sort of faster-than-light method of transportation (which is, sadly, very unlikely), we are stuck in our solar system. Lets hope theres life somewhere in Europa.

>but anon, why cant we travel faster than light? It sounds like youre full of shit, you globalist shill. Reptilians run the country!!!1!
Well, you see. Relativity is the cornerstone of pretty much all modern physics. It works flawlessly with pretty much everything you can throw at it. Really no reason to doubt it, at all.
Special relativity postulates light speed in a vacuum as an absolute value. Nothing, ever, can be faster than light in the vacuum.
Light is pure energy, and as far as we know, the faster you travel, the more "energetic" you get. Thus, the speed of light is the point where any unit of mass transforms into pure energy (that is, e= m*c^2) There is no more acceleration, since you cant generate any more energy. SO. light speed is absolute for regular engines.

>what about warp drives, you dumb shit? I read some science papers too.
Warp drives, or Alcubierre drives, are actually theoretically possible. General relativity states that matter actually warps the space around it (that would be gravity). By warping the space around a spaceship ourselves, we would be effectively creating an out-of-regular space bubble, or Alcubierre space, or Lorentzian tensor space, whichever you wanna call it.
The problem with Alcubierre drives is that it would violate a pretty handy mathematical principle, the weak energy condition, which is incredibly hard to explain on text.
While it is entirely possible that they work, it would require us to be wrong about a very big chunk of shit we are pretty sure about, So its unlikely.
>>
>>18827812

Yes

No
>>
>>18829439
That only considers the possibility of creating an out of space bubble. It doesn't consider the possibility that an out of space already exists we just need a way to enter.

There is no possible way it can be concretely stated a plane of existence similar to the warp in Warhammer 40K for example doesn't exist.

And don't say that's nonsense because I'm citing science fiction. All real science starts as science fiction.
>>
After a childhood/teens being interested/scared of UFO phenomena, abductions, cover ups and the like, reading my fair share and delving deep into these sort of things: No. Or at least, I don't think any have visited or that we have any tangible evidence so far, the NASA Mars stuff even being more something they want to be true rather than what necessarily is.
My gut feeling based on all supposed and cosmically unlikely conditions necessary for life to have developed and evolved the way it did on earth is that, as much as it pains us to admit, we're probably the first and likely the last. It's a terrifying thought for most people who have consciously or subconsciously let go of any notions of the angels and an afterlife, so even the most intelligent of us hold dearly to notions of something being there, however microbe and pointlessly simple.
But I don't know, maybe I just have low expectations towards the cosmos, because I'd love to be proven wrong, be it in a pleasant, not Lovecraftian/X-Files manner.
>>
>>18829462
>dont say its bullshit because i quoted 40k
I feel personally offended.

>Parallel dimensions
Not only entirely possible, but most of modern quantum physics accepts some sort of multiverse as a fact. What KIND of multiverse, however, is the spark of debate and possible punches in the face.
From the mildest timeline-based universe (the one Schrodinger postulated, where any action creates a different universe for each of the outcomes) to more strict brane-based local plane conglomerates, which im not even going to try to explain.

>Parallel dimensions as a mean of travel in our universe.
Here's the issue: if several universes are really a thing, they are either mathematical, theoretical constructs; or infinite spaces where everything, from basic physics laws to the flow of time or the texture of the space-time continuum, is wildly different. So either way you'd be fucked, and that's if you could even open some sort of interdimensional portal of some sort.
But lets say you actually could. You discover that by exceeding the Plancks temperature in a given point, you can open tear a hole in the fabric of reality and cross to another universe. Fair enough, and not entirely impossible.
We have no actual way (that we know of right now) to "select" what universe to travel to. You could land in a universe where time flows disgustingly slow, and spend the whole lifetime of our universe in 1 second.
You could travel to a universe where the background temperature in vacuum is several thousand times the Planck temperature, and be erased from existance before you even cross.
You could find yourself in a universe where reaching Planck's temperature is not the way of opening a portal.
So while traveling between dimensions is not completely, absolutely ruled out, its not going to happen any time soon. And if it does, expect someone to fuck it up and open a portal to a just-born universe and big bang ours out of the multiverse.
>>
File: 134234.jpg (20KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
134234.jpg
20KB, 300x299px
>>18829560
I'm not necessarily talking full on multiverse jumping. The Warp in 40K is more of an in between. The very phrase parallel implies that they aren't adjacent. Lets just say hypothetically there is a space in between parallel dimensions.

I'd say something like that would be the best hope for any sort long distance space travel. Given that all the other alternatives are only theories anyway.
>>
Has anyone out there ever had an experience or heard of an experience of someone's TV feed being taken over by aliens?

All shitty movie/tv (3rd rock from the sun) jokes aside. Got a mate that says he's had an experience when he was younger of his TV feed going out and being replaced with a view inside an alien ship. Signal lasted about 20 seconds and then cut out and went back to the TV show he was watching.

Sounds pretty spoopy to me. Anyone out there have a similar story? Plz share
>>
Yes they are right next to us in a different dimension
>>
Just demons miles underground.
>>
File: 5745850.jpg (52KB, 600x616px) Image search: [Google]
5745850.jpg
52KB, 600x616px
>>18829592
Strictly speaking, the warp is still a parallel dimension. Its an alternate reality, which means that is not our own universe. Activating a Warp Engine, surfing the Immaterium, and then emerging in realspace is pretty much what opening a portal to a parallel universe and then opening one back would

Talking about a space "in between" parallel universe is a weird concept. We dont really know (and we dont have any actual means of knowing) how different universes are "placed". This would also mean that they are somehow "placed" in a bigger space, and that would open a whole new can of worms about different multiverses different of out multiverse, if there really is one at all.

Talking about a sub-plane somehow tethered to ours would be more likely, and actually pretty close to what the Immaterium would be. It would still be a parallel dimension tho, and back to square one with this.
I read several papers a good while ago about creating our own pocket dimension by replicating our universe via pretty hardcore gravity manipulation. It would be like creating our own Webway, which its not entirely impossible, oddly enough.
Necron 3rd edition Inertialess drives are becoming more and more plausible as we abandon classic Newtonian physics and move towards M model superstring theory, which would allow them.
Tyranid Narwhals are pretty similar to Alcubierre drives, and its the path we are going to go, probably, once we iron our quatum mechanics a fair bit.

>all the other alternatives are theories anyways
Scientific theories are proven, calculated rules, not actually assumptions. The problem with quantum mechanics is that it has room for dozens of likely explanations for a single phenomenon, and all of them are equally valid at the same time.
Bigger theories bundle together smaller theories, and they remain true until proven otherwise.
They are not "just theories", they are perfectly correct models from our current point of view.
>>
If I don't believe in aliens I don't exist!
>>
>>18829439
>it would require us to be wrong about a very big chunk of shit we are pretty sure about

Says the guy who's on /x/ looking at alien thread. Dud, might it be that precious information is not for everyone's nose ?

>Aliens
>Spirit
>Life
"Science" confirmed that these things does not exist, so did they told pluto does not exist, or it does, wait, maybe it doesn't, or it's not to far for "Plain Human Information"
>>
>>18831449
you don't real
>>
>>18831483
>"Science" confirmed that these things does not exist, so did they told pluto does not exist, or it does, wait, maybe it doesn't, or it's not to far for "Plain Human Information"
what a mess.
>>
File: 1427418119222.jpg (42KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1427418119222.jpg
42KB, 480x480px
>>18831483
>science confirmed life doesnt exist
But there is a whole science dedicated to the study of life, its Biology. It literally means Study of the Life.
>science confirms aliens dont exist
The majority of modern scientists either agree that there must be life out there, somewhere.
Either that or they just "i dunno man, who knows" the question.
Rejecting organic life in an infinite universe is just stupid.
>science and spirits
Its not something you can prove empirically, so of course its rejected.

>i cant post on /x/ if Im not a fucking retard that rejects the scientific method
Im sure this makes a lot of sense on your mind.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.