[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think its possible large atmospheric creatures exist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: atmos.jpg (45KB, 634x556px) Image search: [Google]
atmos.jpg
45KB, 634x556px
Do you think its possible large atmospheric creatures exist?
>>
No, it would not only be biologically impossible, but nonsensical. Smaller, lighter and more agile would be ideal for such a thing to exist.
>>
>>18824201

Here in Spain there's this story about some cottonball-like spider that fell in a town and dissapeared from a museum where they were being studied.

I'll search for some info, it's pretty old.
>>
>>18824189
Man don't get me wrong I believe such phenomenons may exist BUT the thing on the pic is a very poorly designed fake.
>>
>>18824189
Highly doubtful, nearly impossible
>>
>>18824209
Nevermind, i just investigated a little and it seems it's a common phenomenon that some spiders use the wind to travel with their webs, and some fall to the ground.
>>
>>18824268
Lets keep this thread interesting, know any cool Spanish folklore?
>>
>>18824189
>Do you think its possible large atmospheric creatures exist?

From a biological standpoint it's extremely unlikely.
From a "they are out there but we just don't have proof" standpoint, it's flat out impossible at this point.
>>
>>18824201

I once saw on a documentary about imagining alien life and these scientists said it actually was possible.
>>
>>18824860
Sir, take your autism and get out!
>>
What you mean like Raquaza? lol we would have seen them by now but the idea is terrifying I might write something on that.
>>
>A kite
>>
File: red-sprites-2-columnar.jpg (174KB, 800x530px) Image search: [Google]
red-sprites-2-columnar.jpg
174KB, 800x530px
Sprites and elves, upper atmosphere electrical discharge phenomenons, look it up.
>>
>>18824189

How would they stay in the air? What would they eat? It's silly.
>>
>>18824189

Atmospheric beasts that look like clouds. Spongy and/or gelatinous lightweight bodies, barely aware like coral. They'd feed on microbes. They'd die occasionally, their bodies deflated.
>>
>>18824268
Angel thread is probably what you read about, I know because I remember reading about the mystery as well. More than likely, it is just spider webs, however, there are a few interesting things about them. It has been reported that they are not as clingy as spider webs and will dissipate within seconds of holding/touching them.
>>
>>18824597

Well, we have "Mula Fera" which is an hybrid between a dragon and a mule (it originated 100 years ago or so), old people in rural towns of Catalonia use its name as a charm nowdays, but it probably was just a diseased, enraged and deformed big mule.

We also have "Alojas", they're some kind of water spirits resembling women with hooks that can turn into birds or pools of boiling water. Olders tell children to not go near water since alojas grab children with their hooks to eat them.

We also have "Nitus" and "falugas", they're microscopic particle-demons that enter people brains through their ears, accumulate and give them mental disorders, nitus are the males and falugas de females of these microscopic demons.

There's also the "Negret" which is a small black elve (in fact, negret is a diminutive for "negro"), if you se one and hit him with a lit candle they turn into gold coins. In my opinion this one could be a metaphor related to slavery though.

There's a lot more folklore, these are just from my city.
>>
Maybe if the Earth was a little different
>>
On jupiter, probably.

The storm systems on that planet have a certain level of self-perpetuation that could be almost interpreted as a sign of life. Imagine a literal ecosystem of storm cells, competing for wind currents and chemicals located in the lower levels of the planet.
>>
>>18825111
Nitus and falugas sound like a lot of fun.
>>
>>18824189
Are we talking about that thing in Philadelphia? Because that, was pretty bizarre.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkJzCw0yfCg
>>
>>18825190
What, the fuck is that thing?
>>
>>18825190
>>18825194

Snoop Dogg's spaceship
>>
>>18825190
Bump.
>>
it's possible with alien life on low gravity planets, but something like that will never live on earth
>>
>>18824268
exactly what a spider with something to lose would say.
>>
>>18824189
Look out a window, and you tell me.
>>
Due to the amount of observation we have of the sky (drones, planes, other aircrafts) and of the atmosphere in general (weather balloons, satellites) it seems highly unlikely that there would be creatures eluding us somehow. Unless they would travel here occasionally and return to wherever they originated from.

Unknown creatures dweling in the water is far more likely imo.
>>
File: resize.jpg (19KB, 700x351px) Image search: [Google]
resize.jpg
19KB, 700x351px
>>18826298
There's a lot of stealth planes this days proving you wrong.
>>
>>18824189
are there more pictures like this? I would like more pictures like this.
>>
>>18824890
That's the opposite of autism you absolute fucking moron
>>
>>18825190

Looks like a really large insect swarm.
>>
File: ALrf3rJ.png (357KB, 786x436px) Image search: [Google]
ALrf3rJ.png
357KB, 786x436px
>>18824892
like flying snakes?
>>
>>18824189

on jupiter
>>
>>18826436

>What is a rubber snake?
>>
>>18826436
>>18827382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPGNbb5Y2a0
>>
>>18826308
The presence of stealth planes actually strengthens my point.
If even 'hidden' aircrafts are finding nothing..
>>
Jellyfish-like creatures the keep themselves afloat like hot air balloons. Hiding inside clouds and filtering microscopic scraps in the air
>>
>>18826023
I kekd
>>
>>18824899
>phenomenons
>>18824232
>phenomenons
>>
>>18824189
In Anne Rice's The Vampire Chronicles spirits are "atmospheric creatures" with real biological cells and stuff.

They are invisible to most people and they either eat something in the air or feed off human thoughts.
They probably look like amoebas, and can stretch their body to form tentacles.
They can cause changes in the atmosphere to make it rain.

There. Creatures like this could exist in real life.
>>
Some and theorized that life forms made of energy may live in the vacuum of space.
>>
>>18827683
Phenomanons. Kek
>>
I read an article where some sky goop with human-like dna fell on a town. People joked that it was man-eating cloud shit.
>>
>>18827487
They're not hidden from eyesight, they're hidden from radar. Modern 'stealth' technology would be literally useless against a biological lifeform capable of vision.
>>
>>18827511
See this I could imagine.
>>
>>18824189
yes. ur mom!
>>
>>18826308
Space program.
>>
>>18829873
I think you're confusing what I'm saying.
I'm saying that with as much air craft as we have already, including stealth planes, we would have seen or picked up on them by now.
>>
>>18824860
It could theoretically be possible, but not on the Earth. The atmosphere doesn't allow here, but somewhere like Venus it could possibly work, that is if they can breathe high amounts of CO2.
>>
>>18824189
Hold my beer, I can do it better with Paint.
>>
anybody?
>>
File: 100898562_be72954067_o.jpg (42KB, 560x480px) Image search: [Google]
100898562_be72954067_o.jpg
42KB, 560x480px
>>18827683
I just mistranslated the word fenomeno.
>>
>>18824189
That's a shopped,but maybe.
>>
>>18827511
That's what ufo's are.
>>
>>18824189

I am a commercial pilot for Qantas, I would have seen them at one point if they existed.
>>
>>18830105
Then why the hell would you emphasize hidden as if it's relevant? Just fucking say all aircrafts instead of being an autist who has to change his argument to try to make sense.
>>
File: IMG_5291.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5291.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>18824189
>>
>>18830654
>That's a shopped
Oh you don't fucking say.
>>
>>18830762
I'm not saying they exist but your reasoning is absurd. You haven't flown across every bit of the sky and, even if you have, you haven't flown through all of it at the same time. Additionally, if such things existed they would be hard to spot for some reason (obviously) whether through some sort of cloaking, hiding in clouds, or being interdimensional. UFOs being atmospheric beings of sorts that come in and out of our reality is one hypothesis. If you want to disprove anything you would need to do it through real science and not anecdotal "well I haven't seen it" bullshit sort of logic.
>>
File: cover.jpg (31KB, 298x448px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
31KB, 298x448px
>>18824189

They certainly do. Check out the photos in this book.
>>
>>18824189
It's possible but not on earth
>>
>>18825190
It's most likely Geo-engineering
>>
>>18825190
woah cool video. definitely not a cloud.
>>
>>18826419
I think your right. The gossamer wings would reflect the sunlight maybe. Making that weird sparkle effect. But what swarms like that? Might be a new phenomena in Urban areas.
>>
>>18824268
Ever see a baby spider, just floating in the air? They look stationary and then wind catches them. But they just float around on a tiny piece of web. Sometimes you'll see more than one floating in the same area.
>>
Probably fake or Project Blue Beam
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.